Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Stock E55 vs 03-04 Cobra with bigger pulley!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 02:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55
E55 vs 03-04 Cobra with pulley

Alright dudes, I have been running into a lot of cool cars on the road lately. the other day I was driving and came across a bright orange 03-04 Cobra. For those of you who don't know this bad boy came with a supercharged v8. One of my all time favorite domestic cars.

So, we get to the light. I wasn't sure if he was going for it, didn't feel like cooking my tires for no reason either. So, I decided to play it cautious and see what he does. Bad move... The Light turns green and the Cobra burns rubber and jumps 1 car ahead. I gas it and stay 1 car behind him in 1st. I made up the distance by 2nd gear and started walking away by a few cars in 3rd. Funny part was I giving him the thumbs up as I was passing him while keeping my eyes on the road ofcourse. There was no cars in our lanes, or any intersection for quite a while. It was just perfect. We get to the next light, both of us laughing like wild hyenas!! He was a really cool older white dude.

First thing he said was if "that was a v12 twin turbo" I chuckled and said no it was a V8 Kompressor. He yelled and started laughing! I asked him what mods he had done. "A pulley and that's it." was his exact words. We exchanged some compliments and went our separate ways. His car sounded great at WOT. I wish our cars sounded that good. Had to share that with you guys.

Hands down, that was probably one of the funnest races I have had so far. Catching up and pulling away is the greatest feeling! As a bonus the owner was a true enthusiast and cool to talk to.

Last edited by Max.H; 06-01-2009 at 09:26 PM.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
. Excellent Max! Glad to hear you car is running strong!

Races are few and far between for me. Even though I walked a vette a week or two ago. It was a C6 and he chased me down only to lose . The guys was really cool and couldn't believe the outcome, I guess he hasn't race very many E55's. That's all I have...isn't it sad .
Old 06-01-2009, 02:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by bassn_07
. Excellent Max! Glad to hear you car is running strong!

Races are few and far between for me. Even though I walked a vette a week or two ago. It was a C6 and he chased me down only to lose . The guys was really cool and couldn't believe the outcome, I guess he hasn't race very many E55's. That's all I have...isn't it sad .

Thanks Bud! Nice kill . Yea, I hear ya... when people ask how fast the car is most are shocked and don't believe it at first. People have no idea that the AMG brand is a powerhouse and not some optioned out benz with wheels and body kit.

On a side note. I was coming home today on the 5 fwy and ran into a red GTR with a bunch of stickers. The car looked it was competing in the gumball rally or something. I took a pic on my camera phone. He would not even look over at all. Sounded good though, I wanted to see how bad he smokes me by. I even punched it twice right beside him... Nothing . Oh well.

Last edited by Max.H; 06-01-2009 at 02:37 AM.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Max.H
Thanks Bud! Nice kill . Yea, I hear ya... when people ask how fast the car is most are shocked and don't believe it at first. People have no idea that the AMG brand is a powerhouse and not some optioned out benz with wheels and body kit.

On a side note. I was coming home today on the 5 fwy and ran into a red GTR with a bunch of stickers. The car looked it was competing in the gumball rally or something. I took a pic on my camera phone. He would not even look over at all. Sounded good though, I wanted to see how bad he smokes me by. I even punched it twice right beside him... Nothing . Oh well.
Those GTR's sound soooo good! On my way to Famoso earlier this year I ran into a black GT-R that took forever to get the guy to slow down and race. My buddy Blueknight had to roll down his window and yell at the guy, that's how bad we wanted to race...LOL! Anyways, we ended up running from about...hell I can't remember, maybe from 50-120 and I ended up getting him by a couple of car lengths. We were going to go on the third honk but I guess he decided to go after the first.... He got the jump and I played catch up for a short bit but ended up with a "W". I may have posted this already but I don't have very many stories to tell...LOL!!!
Old 06-01-2009, 03:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Those GTR's sound soooo good! On my way to Famoso earlier this year I ran into a black GT-R that took forever to get the guy to slow down and race. My buddy Blueknight had to roll down his window and yell at the guy, that's how bad we wanted to race...LOL! Anyways, we ended up running from about...hell I can't remember, maybe from 50-120 and I ended up getting him by a couple of car lengths. We were going to go on the third honk but I guess he decided to go after the first.... He got the jump and I played catch up for a short bit but ended up with a "W". I may have posted this already but I don't have very many stories to tell...LOL!!!
Hahahahaha great story! I like the part when blueknight was yelling out the window! I hear you loud and clear. Sometimes, you gotta do what you gotta do. Nice kill! I can never get a stock GTR to run.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
stock huh? wow. you must have a very quick stocker.....a cobra with "just" a pulley can trap 115 - 119+ depending on the size of the s/c pulley (non vert).
Old 06-01-2009, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 Z06, 2006 Touareg V8, 1999 A4 1.8t, 1997 M3
On my way to Famoso earlier this year I ran into a black GT-R that took forever to get the guy to slow down and race.
Were you at Famoso on Feb. 21? I remember there being a black E55 there that was pretty damn quick...
Old 06-01-2009, 06:41 PM

'03 E55
Originally Posted by jturkel
stock huh? wow. you must have a very quick stocker.....a cobra with "just" a pulley can trap 115 - 119+ depending on the size of the s/c pulley (non vert).
Doesn't sound that unlikely. I'm stock and completely blew by what must've been a stock similar Cobra, but lost by quite a few car lengths to a well-modified one.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
02 CLK 55 AMG,09 C63 loaded with P30
Alright dudes, I have been running into a lot of cool cars on the road lately. the other day I was driving and came across a bright orange 03-04 Cobra. For those of you who don't know this bad boy came with a supercharged v8. One of my all time favorite domestic cars.

So, we get to the light. I wasn't sure if he was going for it, didn't feel like cooking my tires for no reason either. So, I decided to play it cautious and see what he does. Bad move... The Light turns green and the Cobra burns rubber and jumps 1 car ahead. I gas it and stay 1 car behind him in 1st. I made up the distance by 2nd gear and started walking away by a few cars in 3rd. Funny part was I giving him the thumbs up as I was passing him while keeping my eyes on the road ofcourse. There was no cars in our lanes, or any intersection for quite a while. It was just perfect. We get to the next light, both of us laughing like wild hyenas!! He was a really cool older white dude.

First thing he said was if "that was a v12 twin turbo" I chuckled and said no it was a V8 Kompressor. He yelled and started laughing! I asked him what mods he had done. "A pulley and that's it." was his exact words. We exchanged some compliments and went our separate ways. His car sounded great at WOT. I wish our cars sounded that good. Had to share that with you guys.

Hands down, that was probably one of the funnest races I have had so far. Catching up and pulling away is the greatest feeling! As a bonus the owner was a true enthusiast and cool to talk to.
You mean a smaller pulley.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:15 PM

Suzuki Burgman Executive
Originally Posted by Jons95c36amg
You mean a smaller pulley.
Bigger under drive and smaller supercharger pulley isnt that how it works?
Old 06-01-2009, 09:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
02 CLK 55 AMG,09 C63 loaded with P30
Originally Posted by audi_guy

Smaller pulley not sure about underdrive.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,066 Likes on 855 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
Smaller blower pulley or larger crank pulley are two ways to increase the blower speed to create more boost.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by audi_guy
Yes. It seems the cobra's don't have a sc clutch like the E55. So, you would decrease the size of the sc pulley to increase boost. Stock they boost 13 psi. Most guys run about 19 psi with a larger pulley.

Thanks for clarification Jons95c36amg.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Yes, my car ran 11.96@118.3 mph at the last Famoso race with no engine upgrades.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:34 PM
Banned

SL600
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECCDs...eature=related

It had a little more then "just" a pulley... look at it pulling away.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:57 PM

nascar
lmfao, why does it say you are on probation, Max?
Old 06-02-2009, 12:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Can't go into details. Here are some key words... Sticky2, OWNAGE, photo shopped pic, and my signature.... LOL, I feel like I'm in jail. I get out thursday though.

Last edited by Max.H; 06-02-2009 at 02:23 AM.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Yes, my car ran 11.96@118.3 mph at the last Famoso race with no engine upgrades.
wow! impressive!
Old 06-02-2009, 01:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by TwentyValveB5
Were you at Famoso on Feb. 21? I remember there being a black E55 there that was pretty damn quick...
Yeah...I was there and my car is black. I don't about being pretty damn quick but my car go into the 11.4's...thanks to Chiromikey! During the day I was suffering from heat soak, launching technique, and trying to figure out the proper tire pressure. I learned a ton that day and now I just need more practice, it's proven that my car has the power but I just need to learn to put it down. My PB with street tires is 11.5 @ 124 with a 1.828 60' time.

You are actually talking about Chirmikey's or Benzgal's car. Mike had the best time with a 11.2xx and Benzgal with a very close second. Benzboi and I followed next.

Last edited by bassn_07; 06-02-2009 at 01:56 AM.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
chiromikey's car is fast as hell! loved seeing that thing rape a modded M5 at Speedworld in Phx. There are a couple clips of it racing on youtube. sorry
Old 06-02-2009, 02:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
wow! impressive!
Thanks!

Bassn 07, and a host of other E55's ran very strong that day in less then ideal track conditions. That was certainly a great day of racing! Cant wait to do it again.

Last edited by Max.H; 06-02-2009 at 02:33 AM.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:56 AM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS

A red one with a bunch of stickers, sounds very familiar to the one I saw at Stuttgart Performance and at HIN Anaheim Stadium. I dont think that car has any mods but maybe an exhaust, if its the same car. It is modded visually to the max (no pun intended ) Did it have black wheels and carbon fiber all over it?

Stock GT-R's lose higher speed mojo- they still gain speed but not remotely close to their dig to 100 speeds. You would pull on a stock GT-R in triple digit speeds.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by Vic55
A red one with a bunch of stickers, sounds very familiar to the one I saw at Stuttgart Performance and at HIN Anaheim Stadium. I dont think that car has any mods but maybe an exhaust, if its the same car. It is modded visually to the max (no pun intended ) Did it have black wheels and carbon fiber all over it?

Stock GT-R's lose higher speed mojo- they still gain speed but not remotely close to their dig to 100 speeds. You would pull on a stock GT-R in triple digit speeds.
That could be the one.

Wow, 0-100 sounds great.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Vic55

It was a black GT and I'm pretty sure it was stock. The race was from 40-50 sh up to a 120+ or so. Right from the beginning it was obvious that I would pull on him but still a good race. I tried to give him the but he had no interest in socializing after the fact. Either way it was a sweet ride and I to anyone that has one!
Old 06-03-2009, 12:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
It was a black GT and I'm pretty sure it was stock. The race was from 40-50 sh up to a 120+ or so. Right from the beginning it was obvious that I would pull on him but still a good race. I tried to give him the but he had no interest in socializing after the fact. Either way it was a sweet ride and I to anyone that has one!
Yea, its sad. Most of the GTR owners act weird. No offense to you Vic. I have ran into 4 of them already with my car and a friends. They have been hyped up so much, the owners think they think they are invincible and can smoke everyone. Like a Z06 for example.

Last edited by Max.H; 06-03-2009 at 12:35 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Stock E55 vs 03-04 Cobra with bigger pulley!!