Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Dumb Scion XB....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 11:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 AMG E55
Dumb Scion XB....

What are people thinking? I'm on cruise control (CC) at 65mph in open left lane. Scion merges left into my lane to pass cars in front on him. No big deal, plenty of room. I cut the CC and slow down, he merges back to the right lane as we now approach a car in the left lane going slower. No big deal, plenty of room to accel, pass scion in right lane, and merge back to left for a clear left lane again and resume 65mph on CC. I accelerate to pass the scion, smoothly, not obnoxiously. Scion decides he wants to floor it and not let me merge in front of him. What is he thinking? You know what happened next. The End.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol teenagers, 'nuff said
Old 09-09-2009, 01:03 PM
Banned

09 CLK550
lol oh god scion drivers they always want to race..... with that 150hp car.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:25 PM

'05 E500
Originally Posted by dpavid
What are people thinking? I'm on cruise control (CC) at 65mph in open left lane.
Since you're on CC, I am thinking you're on a freeway? If so, why are you in the left lane, and only doing 65MPH? What's the speed limit? If it was 60 or above, then you gotta move over buddy.
Old 09-09-2009, 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W210 E55 & W204 C63
Originally Posted by FirstMB
Since you're on CC, I am thinking you're on a freeway? If so, why are you in the left lane, and only doing 65MPH? What's the speed limit? If it was 60 or above, then you gotta move over buddy.
Seriously
Old 09-09-2009, 08:50 PM

2002M3
What are people thinking? I'm on cruise control (CC) at 65mph in open left lane. Scion merges left into my lane to pass cars in front on him. No big deal, plenty of room. I cut the CC and slow down, he merges back to the right lane as we now approach a car in the left lane going slower. No big deal, plenty of room to accel, pass scion in right lane, and merge back to left for a clear left lane again and resume 65mph on CC. I accelerate to pass the scion, smoothly, not obnoxiously. Scion decides he wants to floor it and not let me merge in front of him. What is he thinking? You know what happened next. The End.
65mph???
You should move away even if he/she driving a Yugo...
Old 09-09-2009, 09:42 PM
cdd

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
N/A
I'm on cruise control (CC) at 65mph in open left lane.
I agree with the others. If you were on a freeway, your actions are grounds for an immediate PIT maneuver.

It pains me to have to say this to an AMG driver, but for peet's sake, keep right, except to pass
Old 09-09-2009, 10:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 559 Likes on 369 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
If I was in the Scion I would have thrown a handful of change at you. 65 mph in the left lane is TERRIBLE.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:29 AM
Banned

SL600
Yeah, to think you would be doing the legal speed limit on a freeway?

You might think his actions are grounds for a PIT maneuver, but if he were to be doing 80 would you pay his fine if he got pulled over for speeding? Didn't think so.

Not saying I'm a saint, because I too go at least 80, 85 on the freeway but come on, don't hate on the guy because he wants to follow the speed limit-- when I see a slow moving car in the left lane, I simply move around him. No need to have him speed up and risk a ticket for the sake of my convenience, that's why we have blinkers.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 Audi urS6 Quattro
I had a corolla try doing the same to me today as I was moving over to a exit. Two gangster kids with their windows down try blocking me in.. No matter how much I hate my wastegate dump sometimes, at times like this its perfect. Punch it, deafen the thugs and get over to my exit haha.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:33 AM
cdd

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
N/A
Originally Posted by Akademiks

You might think his actions are grounds for a PIT maneuver, but if he were to be doing 80 would you pay his fine if he got pulled over for speeding? Didn't think so.

Not saying I'm a saint, because I too go at least 80, 85 on the freeway but come on, don't hate on the guy because he wants to follow the speed limit-- when I see a slow moving car in the left lane, I simply move around him. No need to have him speed up and risk a ticket for the sake of my convenience, that's why we have blinkers.
I have no problems with people who follow the speed limit. Just don't cruise in the left lane at 65. Is this some completely foreign concept?

If you're going at the limit, you should be in the right lane.

If you're going at the limit and you come up on someone who's going slower, then move into next left lane, pass and move back over...

Being pissed at someone (even if it's a lowly Scion) because they want to move faster than you and you're camped out in the wrong lane is retarded.

In general terms, you're technically not supposed to pass on the right anyway.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:15 AM

'05 E500

No one's saying that he has to speed. We're simply saying to stay out of the left lane unless you're passing, or going faster than the rest of traffic. Have you ever seen a sign which says "keep right unless passing"? It's actually a law on the interstates highway (when ever posted).
Old 09-10-2009, 08:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 559 Likes on 369 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
No one's saying that he has to speed. We're simply saying to stay out of the left lane unless you're passing, or going faster than the rest of traffic. Have you ever seen a sign which says "keep right unless passing"? It's actually a law on the interstates highway (when ever posted).
+1

Hit the nail on the head.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Thumbs up

Well said....me thinks he's never been to Europe....
Old 09-10-2009, 03:28 PM
Banned

SL600
Originally Posted by transferred
Well said....me thinks he's never been to Europe....
Were in America. Not Europe.

Whatever you guys think is fine, but getting mad at someone for obeying the posted speed limit is ridiculous.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:32 PM

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
AMG GT-R
I think the point others are trying to make is that if you are camped in the left lane (it doesn't matter how FAST or SLOW you are going), then technically you are not obeying the law. Left lane is for passing only, but obviously traffic dependent. It was announced a few months ago that state troopers up here are going to enforce this more. I actually witnessed a car getting pulled over for holding up traffic...made a lot of people happy!
Old 09-11-2009, 12:49 PM

2005 AMG E55
speed limit in hawaii is 50-55mph on our freeway. believe me, 65 is moving much faster than normal traffic.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:01 PM

2005 AMG E55
ok, read the entire thread. I see everyone's point, but i live in Hawaii. We have the worst roads and worst traffic in the entire USA. There's traffic on the roads almost non stop from 530am - 8pm daily. I think we also have the worst drivers. We don't have enough lanes on the road to only have a left passing lane. We have more registered cars than licensed drivers. Our freeways our mostly 3 lanes wide only. If you've visited here, you know. The island is filled with slow drivers and speeding doesn't get you any where faster since its so small. On top of that, an AMG is a foreign vehicle swallowed in a sea of Toyotas, Hondas, Acuras. When you hit A-list, most will admire your Lexus over a MB or BMW. Just a different culture altogether.

65 mph is speeding in hawaii and usually the thresh hold for a speeding ticket. 65 in left lane will catch you up to any car in front in seconds. I wish faster traffic stayed in the left lane and was only used for passing but they don't.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:32 PM

'05 E500
Oh, sorry, my bad...I didn't notice you're from Hawaii. I have never been there, unfortunately, so I don't know what it's like. The beach looks good on TV though. Peace.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 C55, 09 E350
Were in America. Not Europe.

Whatever you guys think is fine, but getting mad at someone for obeying the posted speed limit is ridiculous.
I don't mind if the freeways are empty I get irritated as hell when people hold up traffic in the fast lane. Especially in the car pool lane buses work trucks etc.. If you want to go the same speed as everyone else get in the lane where everyone is doing that speed. I think people do it to be obnoxious at times especially when everyone drives around them and cut them off pointing towards the proper lanes etc with huge line of people being them all tailgating each other.