Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

C32 vs C5 and SCed Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 12:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W210 E55 & W204 C63
C32 vs C5 and SCed Mustang GT

On Halloween eve I was pulling up to a red light In Mexico and I see a nice looking Mustang GT (pre 09 body) in the right lane it had a thick black vinyl, tint and maybe lowered/wheels. As I rolled past him I saw "Roushcharged" written on the scoop of his hood...
I had a feeling this guy was down for some action and as soon as the light turned green we both turned onto the frontage road, I down shift once and do the old stomp and stop trick to grab his attention. He floors it as soon as we are even and I get on it milliseconds later, initially we are even. By about 60-70 I am going “wow wtf!? He should be pulling cars on me!” But I start to pull. At 100 C32 has a car, 120, 2 cars, and then he lets go. My buddy could not believe it, nor could I. Well we get on the highway and I wait for him to catch up, he pulls up next to me, rolls down the window, I do the same and notice a really cute girl in his passenger seat looking shyly over at me and then either at my front rim, or the "v6 kompressor" badge. Anyway I yell out for him to go again, but apparently he doesn't practice the 3-honk-go concept and just takes off. I punched it but a little late this time and stayed behind him till about 100-110 then I let go because there were cars coming up and I needed to take the exit.

Today, coming from el school-o down in Mexico I was preparing to take the exit when I notice a white C5. It appeared and sounded stock. With all the stress of school and the opportunity to race a C5, I thought “F**k it, COD4 can wait!” So I pull up next to him, look over with a smile, downshift twice, punch and brake… seconds later I hear his downshift and a slight acceleration increase.Giving myself the benefit of the doubt that this guy won’t respond to three-honk-go, I mildly pressed the gas, waited for him to respond and then stomped the gas pedal. We started off about even at 55-60, nothing changed until 90, by that speed the C32 starts slightly pulling, 120 we are still going and his front is by my rear tires. The lane I was in was the exit lane so I was thinking "Hell with it, if I have to take the shoulder I will!" But lucky me, he lets go and I still take the exit to make a U-turn and go back home...

The C32 never stops to impress me, with the repair bills, or the kills. I love this car more than any other. It is like a wife or a gf. When she throws a hissy fit not even its makers know wtf is wrong with it! Where as the Vette is like a **** star at your disposal 24/7. Yes she is one of the best when it comes to satisfying your desires, but there is always certainty with it. The C32 can just decide it will go into limp mode tomorrow morning... and then the forum search for DIY starts, wallet size decreasing, and frustration. But when it’s all over and the car is fixed, you know you got one hell of a machine. To its victims it appears to be a cute little C Class with pretty rims, the badging like “AMG” is so over-used by the posers who slap it on, that the general public simply dismisses this hint. In both my races, the opponents expected easy wins and in the first one, I bet that guy was telling his girl how he is about to kill “that Benz”. Haha, I just wish I saw the look on his face. Only I and a handful of forum members know the true potential of this car. That is what makes me love her, that it is a warrior that appears to be an unassuming banker.
Gona stop rambling now… just thought I'd share my stories about the kewlest car I've ever owned
Old 11-04-2009, 08:41 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
SLK55 AMG, E320 BlueTec, ML350, (formerly) C32 AMG, MR2 Turbo, HD-FLH-FSE, BMW R100RS, Ducati M900
Killz

Nice story mate. It is so much more fun when they clearly do not expect to lose and you "Smoke Em".

Irish
Old 11-04-2009, 08:50 PM

Yes
I LOVE seeing people who own both bad *** M-Bs and LSx powered cars...it makes my heart smile. The two greatest manufacturers of gasoline engines with a single owner...the marque of a true gearhead!
Old 11-05-2009, 04:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'93 RX-7, SLK55
Cool kills...thanks for sharing. Seems like forever since I've had a kill - probably since I drive very reserved 99% of the time. Good kill - especially the C5 as they are pretty quick (but you know that already since you have a C6 Z - nice car BTW).

-Matt
Old 11-05-2009, 06:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W210 E55 & W204 C63
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Yellow R1
Cool kills...thanks for sharing. Seems like forever since I've had a kill - probably since I drive very reserved 99% of the time. Good kill - especially the C5 as they are pretty quick (but you know that already since you have a C6 Z - nice car BTW).

-Matt
Damn your SLK puts out a lot of power. Have you run the 1/4 in it?
Old 11-05-2009, 09:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 C55
Great write up and kills!
Old 11-05-2009, 10:04 PM

'05 C230 Kompressor Sedan
Two good kills! That is surprising about the Mustang, a Roush supercharged GT should be putting down another 50rwhp than you.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Hatchman
Two good kills! That is surprising about the Mustang, a Roush supercharged GT should be putting down another 50rwhp than you.
incorrect. see link.

http://store.roushperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=1
Old 11-05-2009, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by jturkel
OK, so, still more hp than the op's car.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Hatchman
OK, so, still more hp than the op's car.
definitely not.

here are the specs on the OP's car:
LET 185mm, LET HE, C3P Intake, Jerry tune and other little things.

350whp, 360wtq

the C32s lose about 22% of the hp to the wheels, putting his car at 448.7 CRANK hp. if you want to be more conservative and assume its the regular 18% of other cars (which is wrong for the MB), then it would be 427.8 CRANK hp.

now the roush s/c kit brings up the hp to a maximum level of 435 hp and 400 ft-lb at the CRANK. and thats the maximum. it is rarely seen that a car picks up the amount of horsepower advertised from a product. either way, with the MAXIMUM being 435 crank hp, the mustang has either a little less or a little more power. however, the torque is no comparison. hands down the c32 blows away the mustang in that department.

his story is believable. he has similar mods as me and i've pulled a little on a stock shelby gt500 and those have 500 hp and 480 ft lb
Old 11-06-2009, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by jturkel
definitely not.

here are the specs on the OP's car:
LET 185mm, LET HE, C3P Intake, Jerry tune and other little things.

350whp, 360wtq

the C32s lose about 22% of the hp to the wheels, putting his car at 448.7 CRANK hp. if you want to be more conservative and assume its the regular 18% of other cars (which is wrong for the MB), then it would be 427.8 CRANK hp.

now the roush s/c kit brings up the hp to a maximum level of 435 hp and 400 ft-lb at the CRANK. and thats the maximum. it is rarely seen that a car picks up the amount of horsepower advertised from a product. either way, with the MAXIMUM being 435 crank hp, the mustang has either a little less or a little more power. however, the torque is no comparison. hands down the c32 blows away the mustang in that department.

his story is believable. he has similar mods as me and i've pulled a little on a stock shelby gt500 and those have 500 hp and 480 ft lb
Oh, I agree it's believable. Some drivers suck, some cars are tuned just right, and sometimes, **** just happens.
Heck, I've beaten a Ninja crotch rocket while driving a Maxima before, twice in a row! And I had the exact same year/model Ninja at the time and knew that never should have happened.

On average, an '05-'09 manual Mustang GT will only loose about 15%, which would still put a 435 crank car at ~370 rwhp. Auto Roush's are very rare, didn't even make any from '04-'07. But even an '08 auto 427R will do the quarter in 12.3.

And actually, the '05-'08 Stage 3 Roush only came with 415 crank hp, which could have been what he was racing. Motortrend tested one of those at a pitiful 13.6 sec quarter, but I've seen bone stock 300hp GT's do it in 13.5.

But like I said, good post, good story, good wins. I stand corrected on the 50 rhwp.

Last edited by Hatchman; 11-06-2009 at 12:26 AM.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W210 E55 & W204 C63
^^What the scientist said
Old 11-07-2009, 12:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
great kills