Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Got My Ass Handed to Me Yesterday

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 11:59 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 E63, Cobra replica, 68 Camaro, 66 Chevy II SS, Z4 BMW, Honda Element, Birel 125cc Shifter Kart.
Got My *** Handed to Me Yesterday

Cruising up the interstate at moderate speed and about to pass what had to be the ugliest old brown Porsche Targa I've ever seen when the guy matches my speed and gives me the "look" so I know it's on. Now, I don't know squat about P cars but this one looked like it was from the mid 80's, crappy brown paint, stainless metal Targa thing on the roof, and what looked like some stainless custom exhaust hanging out the back. Didn't look like much so I just mat the gas, down shift and go thinking this is going to be one easy kill. NOT. That thing pulled me like I threw out the anchor! Twice. And my car ain't slow.
Then, to throw salt in the wound, the guy exits at my exit and I end up following him for three or four miles right into my own neighhborhood. The guy never stopped grinning. Humiliating. Fun too. Never seen the car around before but will definately keep an eye out for it in the future.

Anyone that knows P cars want to enlighten me on what the hell that was?

Last edited by speedpeddler; 04-29-2010 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Add a question
Old 04-29-2010, 09:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Charger SRT-8
Turbo swap but motor vintage unknown. Noble death to a modded sleeper.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Might have been a Turbo Targa, heavily modded:

Assuming this page is accurate, it's a pretty rare bird: they claim that Porsche only made 548 of those things, and they were only produced in 1987 thru 1989.

This guy is selling his, claims that it's modded to 550 hp @ sea level.

If it wasn't one of those then I agree w/deuuuce: it'd have to be some sort of engine swap, or complete rebuild w/added turbos (or pert damn near a full race motor if it was N/A, with some serious weight reduction) to pull a 55k at those speeds like that.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:35 AM

Charger SRT-8
I have seen a small block chevy engine swap in an older 911 but I'm sure the sound would be a giveaway.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:19 AM

2014 E63, Cobra replica, 68 Camaro, 66 Chevy II SS, Z4 BMW, Honda Element, Birel 125cc Shifter Kart.
Yup. That's what it looked like only much more of a beater. Also, the whale tale was enormous looking like it had been modified to cover additional engine components. Made a nice ripping sound I could clearly hear with my windows closed. Going to have to track that guy down and see what's under the hood.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:47 PM

Charger SRT-8
Originally Posted by speedpeddler
Yup. That's what it looked like only much more of a beater. Also, the whale tale was enormous looking like it had been modified to cover additional engine components. Made a nice ripping sound I could clearly hear with my windows closed. Going to have to track that guy down and see what's under the hood.
You see those big tails in the racing league but the design of the chassis doesn't allow for engine components to stick out that way unless it's for air intake. Even the small block chevy is tucked under there.

Come to think of it, one time in my Supra TT I couldn't catch a lowered, brown, old 911.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:47 PM

Beater Update

I'm talking to a friend of mine at the local car show Saturday night and telling him about getting my *** kicked by this old Porsche when he tells me he thinks he saw the car parked at the show. Sure enough, after walking around a bit I find him.

Turns out the the day he whipped my *** was the first time he's had the car out since he started the project. He's an older guy that likes to do his own mechanical work and this is his latest Hot Rod project. I can't remember the details, but the engine is completely built with heads, cams, intakes, etc. but NO TURBO. TWO STAGE NOS SYSTEM! He hasn't been on a dyno yet but he estimates he's making well over 500 hp on spray.

I believe him.

PS: The car looks even WORSE up close. Epic sleeper. (Hope he doesn't read this)
Old 05-03-2010, 04:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 C63
that's pretty awesome!