Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Ferrari afraid of 19 yr old Toyota

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 08:23 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
SLK55 AMG, E320 BlueTec, ML350, (formerly) C32 AMG, MR2 Turbo, HD-FLH-FSE, BMW R100RS, Ducati M900
Ferrari afraid of 19 yr old Toyota

When not terrorizing the roads in the AMG, I sometimes go out an play in my old Toyota MR2 Turbo. For those not familiar with this throwback from when Toyota built real sports cars, it is a hand built mid-engine layout powered by a 2.0 liter Yamaha 3SGTE engine. Mine is highly modified and on a really good day is almost as quick in a straight line as the C32. However, that is not what makes it fun. The fun comes from the handling which is sort of like a big loud go-kart. I run it in SCCA a lot and it has smoked my buddies Lotus Elise on more than one occasion. Bottom line is that it is a hot little sportster and something of a giant killer. In SCCA it runs in the same class (ASP all modded) as cars like the Porsche GT3, Carrerra 4S, Porsche 996 Twin-Turbo, BMW Z4 M Coupe, Lotus Exige, Audi S5 & RS4, and the C5 Corvette, all fast company.

I was out with two friends headed to a twisty road run. We were line astern along a 4-lane stretch. We had one MR2 that has a 3.0 vvt V6 transplanted into it, my turbo and one normally aspirated 2.5 model driven by a very cute young lady. We caught up to a gray Ferrari F348 or 355? spyder. Who buys a gray Ferrari? WTF? One by one, we caught up to, paced and accellerated away from the F-car while the driver was trying very hard to remain "Cool Looking". I guess, it was too expensive to risk being smoked by a girl in an old Toyota, lol. Made me wonder if he would have pulled the trigger had I been in the AMG? Oh well. It was still fun to mess with the guy, even if he was a kitten. And the sad thing is that be it AMG or the MR2, it would have been a close race that could have gone either way. It was a lovely car, but there is no way in he!! I would have bought a gray one. I hope he got a good deal. Understated elegance and Ferrari are just plain contradictory terms, lol.

Irish
Old 08-22-2010, 12:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W210 E55 & W204 C63
I remember I ran into an F360 a while ago in the C32... The Ferrari guy (late 20's) pulls to a stop at a light and I get next to him. He slowly turns his head, looks at me for a few seconds and then very slowly turns his head back and stares ahead for a whole minute if not more without moving a muscle... haha I was like damn they must be filming a war movie or something.

I gave the gas pedal a good 2/3 once the light turned green (expecting he might want to show me what the 360 can do), he didn't. I guess he was too good in his old Ferrari to race me.

After reading a lot of the Ferrari owners' posts on forums I got the idea that a lot of them buy the car for status that they think they will get with it. I've met a couple of cool Ferrari owners at different car meets, so there are normal ones. Ferrari is sort of like the M3 of supercars, stained by deutschbaggery.

Post some pics of that MR2!
Old 08-22-2010, 12:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
His mama. Traded y0 mama in because she was squeaking.
Did it ever go through your mind that the guy just wasn't into "playing"? Did you ever consider the guy drives a Ferrari because he LIKES it, and not because he's a "speed" and and "attention" *****? Not everyone who driver a performance vehicle wants to race every jackass that tries to goat him.

Or, maybe he KNOWS what he's got, and didn't feel like wasting his gas in order to educate you. Who knows... Who cares!?

I get jackasses like you (and I'm not calling you, personally a jackass) who pull that schit with me all the time. I just ignore them. Not because I'm afraid of being shown up by some 20 year old car, but rather because... I DNGAF about proving to you I'm quicker than you. And, if you ARE quicker than me, then hey, more power to you and your 20 year old "rust" bucket. At least I know that while you're happily speeding away, my nuts are getting massaged by the seat massager.

driver=drives*

Last edited by Sathinas; 08-22-2010 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Hey, it was morning, I hadn't had my 3rd cup of coffee yet!
Old 08-22-2010, 02:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W210 E55 & W204 C63
Someone needs a hug
Old 08-22-2010, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by kindafast
Someone needs a hug
I know the truth hurts, but eh. Either way.

And if you're a hot chick, then sure, I'll take the free hug. If you're not... dire consequences await if you try to hug me.
Old 08-22-2010, 03:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 S55 (SOLD, miss it every day), 2009 GL550
Originally Posted by kindafast
Ferrari is sort of like the M3 of supercars, stained by deutschbaggery.
so because the guy didn't want to race you he's less of a person?

and Ferrari is "stained"?

Sounds like you need to mature a little more, and lose the sour grapes attitude.
Old 08-22-2010, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by i_am_amused
so because the guy didn't want to race you he's less of a person?
Well DUH! Everyone knows that if you don't answer the challenge of a driver equipped with a lesser car, you're automatically a lesser person and you drive a lesser car because you didn't answer the challenge! And of course, it's an automatic win for the other guy!
Old 08-22-2010, 03:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W210 E55 & W204 C63
Originally Posted by Sathinas
I know the truth hurts, but eh. Either way.

And if you're a hot chick, then sure, I'll take the free hug. If you're not... dire consequences await if you try to hug me.
I am a guy who has long hair and wears tight clothes, from far away I look like a hot chick, can I still hug you?
Old 08-22-2010, 04:02 PM

No. I will have to respectfully decline your offer.
Old 08-22-2010, 08:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Well DUH! Everyone knows that if you don't answer the challenge of a driver equipped with a lesser car, you're automatically a lesser person and you drive a lesser car because you didn't answer the challenge! And of course, it's an automatic win for the other guy!
i feel so stupid (stoopid?) for not know that.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:52 PM

Charger SRT-8
Originally Posted by JG26_Irish
In SCCA it runs in the same class (ASP all modded) as cars like the Porsche GT3, Carrerra 4S, Porsche 996 Twin-Turbo, BMW Z4 M Coupe, Lotus Exige, Audi S5 & RS4, and the C5 Corvette, all fast company.
What the heck are the S5/RS4 doing in that class with cars that are 500+lbs lighter almost as quick if not more so?
Old 08-24-2010, 12:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Deuuuce
What the heck are the S5/RS4 doing in that class with cars that are 500+lbs lighter almost as quick if not more so?
s5 i agree but rs4 is very close to a m coupe and c4s as goes power to weight ratio...

-Rob
Old 08-24-2010, 01:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Did it ever go through your mind that the guy just wasn't into "playing"? Did you ever consider the guy drives a Ferrari because he LIKES it, and not because he's a "speed" and and "attention" *****? Not everyone who driver a performance vehicle wants to race every jackass that tries to goat him.

Or, maybe he KNOWS what he's got, and didn't feel like wasting his gas in order to educate you. Who knows... Who cares!?

I get jackasses like you (and I'm not calling you, personally a jackass) who pull that schit with me all the time. I just ignore them. Not because I'm afraid of being shown up by some 20 year old car, but rather because... I DNGAF about proving to you I'm quicker than you. And, if you ARE quicker than me, then hey, more power to you and your 20 year old "rust" bucket. At least I know that while you're happily speeding away, my nuts are getting massaged by the seat massager.

driver=drives*
While this may be a little sharp in tone, he has a point I pretty much agree with. Most of the time when people ask to race or motion I decline. Two reasons why:

1. Most cars are not worth the challenge.
2. Racing is meant for the track, not the street.

Old 09-06-2010, 07:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
A Ferrari Owner's Point of View.....

I have been fortunate enough to be driving Ferraris for over 25 years, and I am into them for the performance, history, styling, etc.... not for the best spot at the valet stand or a volume discount on gold jewelry!

I also quite enjoy a good bit of competition, whether it is on the road or the track, and I thoroughly enjoy handing out well deserved lumps. But if I accepted the challenge of every moron in a (fill in the blank), every trip to the grocery store would be considered 'practice'.

Just because one is out in a Ferrari, it doesn't mean one is looking for a race. Maybe, just maybe, every once in a while it is just nice to cruise in whatever bucket of bolts you happen to have.... whether its a brand new Ferrari or a 20 year old Toy. And not have the stares and the barrage of cell phone cameras as well.

Just a side note on non-red Ferraris... Generally when you see one, the owner has probably had multiple Ferraris and is just sick of the 'look at me red'. Most of the guys that "Gotta have red", are first timers.

Some of us also just happen to like grigio.

Old 09-06-2010, 08:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 339 Likes on 212 Posts
S560
Maybe the Ferrari owner, through natural selection has evolved so far that he realizes his car, license, house, yacht, family and future is not worth playing around on public streets. That natural selection process could be the reason he has a Ferrari in the first place...
Old 09-19-2010, 07:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts
MB’s
Originally Posted by emilner
Maybe the Ferrari owner, through natural selection has evolved so far that he realizes his car, license, house, yacht, family and future is not worth playing around on public streets. That natural selection process could be the reason he has a Ferrari in the first place...
Great point. Thats why he/she is driving a Ferrari and not a ricer Civic

Want to race take it to a track. Then there is no excuse on why you win or loose other then poor driving or fantastic driving. I may only race little Mercedes C Classes at the track but when I drive I never come off crying and making excuses(Win like a man. Loose like a man)
Old 10-02-2010, 06:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by emilner
In my experience.. the bigger the Ahole.. the more money.. the more money..the bigger Ahole... and thats how you get the Ferrari.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:05 AM

Lexus
Damn there is a lot of anger here..

first people are mad at the Ferrari owner for not racing, then a fellow Ferrari owner calls people who have red Ferrari's "first timers"

I guess CS owners with the "CS" Stripe are attention ****** also and thats why you got one without a stripe. Surely it would have nothing to do with a lower price. But I really don't care its your choice get what you want.

When are people going to realize people are different and make different choices. Concentrate on your own choice instead of getting angered by other peoples and maybe you can get what you want and stop being an angry little person.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 378 Likes on 244 Posts
'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by propain
In my experience.. the bigger the Ahole.. the more money.. the more money..the bigger Ahole... and thats how you get the Ferrari.
Do you realize that you are one big Ahole to all these people who barely afford a Kia and can't even dream of owning a brand new AMG like the one you have?
It's all relative....
Old 10-04-2010, 11:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by absent
Do you realize that you are one big Ahole to all these people who barely afford a Kia and can't even dream of owning a brand new AMG like the one you have?
It's all relative....
what a great post

that guy really is a dumbass for labeling himself huge a-hole

I avoid the money = a-hole labeling because my AMG was old when I bought it. The car is real AMG but the money it cost is not real AMG. I wonder if that makes me an AMG poseur like someone that takes the 0 off their C320?
Old 10-04-2010, 09:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 378 Likes on 244 Posts
'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
Smile

Originally Posted by i_am_amused
I wonder if that makes me an AMG poseur like someone that takes the 0 off their C320?
No,you have a Classic!
Old 10-05-2010, 02:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Big Dino fan here. Is it me or is he having trouble seeing over the steering wheel? Just busting chops Dino.

Old 10-05-2010, 03:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Jakpro1
Big Dino fan here. Is it me or is he having trouble seeing over the steering wheel? Just busting chops Dino.
looks like some kid forgot his phone books
Old 10-05-2010, 08:32 PM

1989 Toyota Tercel Coupé
When you drive a Ferrari every kid, old man, woman, and ******* in an M3 attempts to race you. If I gave into every race I would probably be broke or dead by now.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,005 Likes on 811 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
Ingenereamg, is that you behind the wheel?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Ferrari afraid of 19 yr old Toyota