Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

E55 vs WRX (non STI)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 10:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
E55 vs WRX (non STI)

Ok, who owns the black on black E55 that was on PCH today between HB and Seal Beach? I watched a non STI WRX spank you 3 times in a row. Your launches sucked, you should be ashamed and the awd WRX has a big advantage but when you guys did the roll on you still got spanked...very embarasing indeed, I bet you did not think you "kill" or should I say you getting "killed" would be seen by one of your peers and posted up here. Dude, don't mess with WRXs or EVOs on the road, the awd will get you every time, I don't even mess with them on the road in my 10 second beast.

On a positive note, your car is beautiful, love the wheels, very nicely done.
Old 08-28-2010, 01:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
Originally Posted by jrcart
Ok, who owns the black on black E55 that was on PCH today between HB and Seal Beach? I watched a non STI WRX spank you 3 times in a row. Your launches sucked, you should be ashamed and the awd WRX has a big advantage but when you guys did the roll on you still got spanked...very embarasing indeed, I bet you did not think you "kill" or should I say you getting "killed" would be seen by one of your peers and posted up here. Dude, don't mess with WRXs or EVOs on the road, the awd will get you every time, I don't even mess with them on the road in my 10 second beast.

Um, I have killed a variety of WRXs, STis, Evos, RS-4s, and a whole bunch of other AWD vehicles in my C32 from a dig. There is no reason that a (assuming FI 2003+) E55 would have a problem with a stock or lightly modded one unless there was something wrong with the E55. Your global assessment of "keep your AMG away from STis and EVOs is way off mark.

BTW, your approach of "you freaking moron" followed by "love your car, good job" is not exactly friendly/diplomatic. Comes across as pretty harsh, actually.

BTW, why didn't you get your "10 second" CLK63 into the fray with the E55 and the Subies to bring back dignity to the MBZ brand?? Hell, I take every chance to run my C32 against anyone. My favorites are when I get completely smoked. There is nothing finer than feeling good acceleration in your back while you watch someone with a much faster car passing you like you were parked.

Last edited by Vomit; 08-28-2010 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Wrong car
Old 08-28-2010, 04:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E.FIDDY.FIVE AMG

you def need some help. e55's will murder those POS anyday!! THE END
Old 08-28-2010, 04:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
2007 SL55 AMG
Even my friend's 96 acura tl with a obnoxious exhaust and an intake somehow smokes non-STIs. Different story if they're modded though.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Vomit
Um, I have killed a variety of WRXs, STis, Evos, RS-4s, and a whole bunch of other AWD vehicles in my C32 from a dig. There is no reason that a (assuming FI 2003+) E55 would have a problem with a stock or lightly modded one unless there was something wrong with the E55. Your global assessment of "keep your AMG away from STis and EVOs is way off mark.

BTW, your approach of "you freaking moron" followed by "love your car, good job" is not exactly friendly/diplomatic. Comes across as pretty harsh, actually.

BTW, why didn't you get your "10 second" CLK63 into the fray with the E55 and the Subies to bring back dignity to the MBZ brand?? Hell, I take every chance to run my C32 against anyone. My favorites are when I get completely smoked. There is nothing finer than feeling good acceleration in your back while you watch someone with a much faster car passing you like you were parked.
Why didn't I get into the mix? Because is was driving a 18 second Chevy Impala rental car LOL.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55
That sux big time but I won't be afraid to race any of these so called fast AWD cars unless its a GTR.

I raced a modded evo at about 5-10mph roll and lost some traction n evo got away from me for bout 2 seconds until I reel it in and pass. Same night I raced a w211 E63 3-4x up to 160mph and getting demolished by a 09 CTS-V spraying.

Heres a clip of me racing the evo
E55 vs Modded Evo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOKr0C_Imzg
Old 08-29-2010, 01:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I don't know what to tell you guys, I know what I saw, a WRX having its way with an E55, maybe the WRX was heavily modded and the E55 could have been all stock with only wheels and springs or an ELM. The WRX busted out while the 55 roasted his tires, by the time he gained traction the WRX was 6 plus cars ahead and the 55 could not real him in, it looked like than run up to about 100 mph or so. The roll on was much closer about 35mph up to 100 plus, WRX jack rabbited to a little over a 1 car lead and they stayed at that distance, the only gains the 55 was making was when the WRX was shifting gears. I would assume the 55 would really start stretching its legs right where they shut down.
Old 08-29-2010, 06:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG
It can happen with AWD. If the E55 owner didn't launch properly (just stabbed the throttle), and/or if the surface was less than optimal, the Scoobie could get a good jump with a Kamikazee launch. But even with that, the Scoobie was probably pretty heavily modded to hold the E55 off up to 100.

Same thing happened to me years ago in an Audi S4, spanked a guy in a C5. Same scenario: he was talking smack at a light, pissed me off, so I did a 5000 RPM launch and just took off like a scalded dog while he sat there spinning his tires. By the time he hooked up I was so far out in front he'd have needed a lot more distance than he was willing to spend to catch up.

But those cars were only 1/2 sec or so apart, while a WRX and an E55 are 1.5, which is why I think it was either quite heavily modded, or a debadged, spoiler-delete STI, something like that.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
211-55
There are many WRX's out there that are faster than STIs. STI owners are not so happy about this, but its all over the forums if you look for it.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:43 AM

2004 E55 AMG
If the E55 lost from a roll, there is no way the WRX wasn't heavily modded. AWD cars don't get out very quick from a roll, unless you brake-boost.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:59 AM

c32
i did a roll with a friends lightly modded wrx ( exhaust, intake, etc. claims he is equal to stock STIs) and i got him good on a roll from 40. He stayed with me for a little then i walked him. Quick cars, but im gonna assume that most 03+ e55's will take most wrx or STIs if my lowly c32 can stick with em.. Obviously if they are heavily modded, its a diff story.

Gotta respect all types of cars and what they are capable of.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:17 AM

Charger SRT-8
No question the WRX had an aftermarket turbo.

Dude, don't mess with WRXs or EVOs on the road, the awd will get you every time,
Oh Please. There are a few fast ones, but I haven't come across one yet.

And stock they fall on their faces from a roll near triple digits.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Originally Posted by vtecsti
If the E55 lost from a roll, there is no way the WRX wasn't heavily modded. AWD cars don't get out very quick from a roll, unless you brake-boost.
How do you brake boost from a roll??

And get back to me when you test your "not quick from a roll" theory against a P-car Turbo...

-Rob
Old 09-02-2010, 04:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
shrimp boat
Originally Posted by transferred

-Rob
I assume you ask this on a turbocharge car. You use your left foot to slightly depress the brake pedal, at the same time use your right foot modulate the gas pedal until your car in boost and desired speed. It takes sometimes to get the hang of it, but it's very effective.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:39 AM

2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by transferred

And get back to me when you test your "not quick from a roll" theory against a P-car Turbo...

-Rob
The STI has a few things against it from a roll. One being AWD, two being the gearing. I can almost guarantee that the same P-car Turbo with the RWD mod would be faster than the AWD from a higher roll.

Originally Posted by Forrest Gump 9
I assume you ask this on a turbocharge car. You use your left foot to slightly depress the brake pedal, at the same time use your right foot modulate the gas pedal until your car in boost and desired speed. It takes sometimes to get the hang of it, but it's very effective.
Yep, definitely effective. You're already in boost by the time you mash the throttle. No need for the turbo to spool.
Old 09-16-2010, 01:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 Audi urS6 Quattro
If anything off the line an AWD car can get out of the hole even faster, with a proper launch you take off very hard. And the day you run into one of these cars running a 35r Garrett is the day you realize how fast they really can be..
Old 09-16-2010, 06:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts
E55 2006 / CLS55 / S450 / Jag XKR2011
Originally Posted by Vomit

+1
Old 10-12-2010, 11:40 AM

2009 Subaru WRX & 2010 C63
Good morning everyone! Well, as a WRX guy I have a few things to add:

Originally Posted by Forrest Gump 9
This does not work on a factory ECU programming on all WRX/STi's. Factory tuning will only allow for boost on WOT, not partial throttle imputs. Aftermarket companies, such as Cobb Tuning, will allow for full boost under partial throttle imputs. Additionally, all 05+ WRX/Sti's can use a launch control program since they have electronic TB's.

The STI has a few things against it from a roll. One being AWD, two being the gearing. I can almost guarantee that the same P-car Turbo with the RWD mod would be faster than the AWD from a higher roll.
Subies are not top end cars. Yeah, they are awesome up to 100 MPH, after that... better call someone with a faster car. You can get a WRX or Sti up to 155+ but you better have a good stretch of road. My last WRX had a GT3071r turbo and was fast but anything over 140mph it was a slouch.

I will say this, that any car with AWD will be awesome out of the holeshot but after that you definately need some power to back it up. Most WRX's are not modded as heavily as they appear. But I have some seen some sick one's out there. In my area there are some guys running GT37's with built engines. THOSE are the ones I fear, not an AMG. But I will conceed that AMG > WRX over 90mph.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Originally Posted by vtecsti
I can almost guarantee that the same P-car Turbo with the RWD mod would be faster than the AWD from a higher roll.
Obviously, I was just correcting the blanket statement that all AWDs aren't quick from a roll. For four bangers that's true, the bigger engined cars with better gearing it's a different story.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:37 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
'20 Targa 4 DD, ' 18 Volvo S60 T6
There are many extreme modded WRX that no one would notice. They can get some major HP for not a lot of $$.

I've been tempted to get one, spoiler delete, put in some nice Recaros and enjoy...but I want the adjustable dif control..

On another note my friend was telling me couple days ago how he got spanked in his Lexus 450H by an '82 Golf Diesel that looked like crap; pulling away off the line belching black smoke.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:30 AM

18 Titan XD 13 Cayenne TT 13 BMW HP4
It's easy to get a Suby into the 12s with just bolt-ons and stock-location turbo upgrade. Getting into the 11s takes some work and into the 10s takes a lot of money (to keep it reliable). I had a forester with a GT35 on it running 11s all day with moderate lunches trapping 126mph at the dragstrip in the summer. Fun car, but it started getting too expensive shoring up the weak links.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:40 AM

18 Titan XD 13 Cayenne TT 13 BMW HP4
Yeah here you go. First is on pump gas and low boost setting, second is 50/50 race gas and higher boost. Launching it any harder would have probably broken something.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:33 PM

'10 c63,'03expedition,ducati999,22'Donzi
http://www.xcceleration.com/index.htm .i was looking at this years ago when i had an itch for an evo or a subaru.u can make them as fast as you want.on the other hand.my friend picked up an e55 from the auction to sell.we took it out for the day and did a few runs with it.i did a couple of launches from a dig to 60 and could not get better than 5.2 seconds on my accelerometer.lots of tire spin.lol
Old 10-21-2010, 02:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
SL 63 W/B AMG , S600,C220
This is something I have had some experience on, a stock uk WRX has 212
bhp and it's gutless, so unless your WRX are different I don't know how he beat a CLK 63. You can't even tune the WRX much without melting the pistons. I had mine tuned to about 250 bhp but it was still crap. So I got
an STI , which has 276 bhp standard , stronger bottom end, and forged
pistons means you can tune to about 330 bhp.
Even with 330 it would be close imo.
Old 10-24-2010, 12:41 AM

2019 S63
Originally Posted by Militant-Grunt
If anything off the line an AWD car can get out of the hole even faster, with a proper launch you take off very hard. And the day you run into one of these cars running a 35r Garrett is the day you realize how fast they really can be..
Yes, they can be insanely fast. My buddy's EVO puts 785 HP to the wheels and runs low tens here in Denver (6,000'). My E55 would get raped...but I have something else to handle these AWD imports...Turbo Hayabusa

Here's a video the car doing the 1/4 in 10.2:

http://www.streetfire.net/video/epic...mph_190593.htm

It's a sleeper too...no wing, no ricer stickers so he gets a lot of kills...mostly other Subies and EVO's hehe

Last edited by 5280 Busa; 10-24-2010 at 12:44 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: E55 vs WRX (non STI)