Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

*W208 01 CLK55 vs Subaru STI (04-05)*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 09:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 STI Sedan
*W208 01 CLK55 vs Subaru STI (04-05)*

It was about 10pm on a warm Utah night. I was heading home making a left hand turn on a green arrow.I was in my 2001 CLK55 coupe. I was the only one turning and all of a sudden I see purple headlights coming up fast behind me(yes I said purple!). It was a white Subaru STI, it looked like an 04 or 05. He had all his windows down, and he had one loud exhaust system! He flew past me and then slowed down soon afterwards. There was no traffic at all on State St that night. At that point I lowered my window, we both glanced at each other and I gave him the heads up. So he starts revving it, were rolling side by side and steady at about 25mph. I start honking 1..2..3..and were off!, I chirped my rear tires(275's), at the same time he also gave it all he had, his exhaust was LOUD! I easily pulled on him by a little more than 1/2 a car length, from 25 to 60mph I had him. I let off after 60 (It was a 45mph zone) and I dont need tickets lol. Guess what? he stayed about 4 car lengths behind me after we both slowed down. I guess someone got butthurt or embarrassed. The details- He had one passenger in the car, and mods(obviously). Wheels,exhaust,and who knows what else. My car was STOCK, except for the 275 rear tires. AC was off,traction control off,no spare tire or jack(I perfer my car as light as possible) and no passengers, just me. It was a fun race, CLK55 from a roll all the way!
Old 09-09-2010, 01:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32, 911 SC
Nice kill!

This happens on State St. in Mexico, no?

I think the AWD STi would fare better from a dig. Watch out for those Evos and STis, I ran a modded Evo X from 35 to 115 ish and I didn't start pulling on him until we reached 100+ mph.

Your 55 is very clean! I would love to check it out and maybe have a mini-meet/friendly runs.

Last edited by ddtham; 09-09-2010 at 04:15 AM.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
shrimp boat
STI needs driver mod
Old 09-09-2010, 05:47 PM

2011 STI Sedan
Originally Posted by Forrest Gump 9
STI needs driver mod
Most of them do, I agree.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:53 PM

2011 STI Sedan
Originally Posted by ddtham
Nice kill!

This happens on State St. in Mexico, no?

I think the AWD STi would fare better from a dig. Watch out for those Evos and STis, I ran a modded Evo X from 35 to 115 ish and I didn't start pulling on him until we reached 100+ mph.

Your 55 is very clean! I would love to check it out and maybe have a mini-meet/friendly runs.

No, State St. in Utah haha you know that And hell yeah lets do it! I have been hoping to run into UT members on this forum....no luck until now. That would be fun to race and compare our AMG's let me know.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:56 PM

C32, 911 SC
Originally Posted by doberzus
No, State St. in Utah haha you know that And hell yeah lets do it! I have been hoping to run into UT members on this forum....no luck until now. That would be fun to race and compare our AMG's let me know.
All of my races happened in "Mexico"

Sounds like fun, I might be able to squeeze two to three runs before heatsoak sets in My butt dyno is telling me that my car is faster after mods, but the only to tell is of course by running similar cars or go to the track or dyno runs.

Let's do it this weekend if you have time, I will send you a PM.

I have yet to meet him, but Jakpro1 who lurks in the W211 E55 forum is local and has a monster E55 (570rwhp if my number is correct).

Last edited by ddtham; 09-09-2010 at 07:01 PM.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:18 PM

2011 STI Sedan
All of my races happened in "Mexico"

Sounds like fun, I might be able to squeeze two to three runs before heatsoak sets in My butt dyno is telling me that my car is faster after mods, but the only to tell is of course by running similar cars or go to the track or dyno runs.

Let's do it this weekend if you have time, I will send you a PM.

I have yet to meet him, but Jakpro1 who lurks in the W211 E55 forum is local and has a monster E55 (570rwhp if my number is correct).
Yeah let me know, im down for this weekend! let me know where....the only track I know is RMR. Not to many people around Utah have AMG's.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:45 PM

C32, 911 SC
Yeah let me know, im down for this weekend! let me know where....the only track I know is RMR. Not to many people around Utah have AMG's.
That's the truth, I think I have only seen maybe 7-9 different AMGs running around in SLC area. Have you been to RMR yet? I heard the track prep and elevation really kills our time.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:35 PM

2011 STI Sedan
That's the truth, I think I have only seen maybe 7-9 different AMGs running around in SLC area. Have you been to RMR yet? I heard the track prep and elevation really kills our time.

I have been to RMR only once, I ran my Cummins diesel when I got new mods on it (I ran a 17 lol). But I haven't ran my CLK yet.....I wanna, but I agree that track sucks! I still wanna see what my car can run up there.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:37 PM

Charger SRT-8
Nice kill and cool you were able to chirp the 275s at that speed.

Did you happen to notice if he did a rolling brake torque? More importantly from a low speed roll. If you look at their 0-60mph vs. 5mph-60mph times, there is a huge disparity due to turbo lag.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:03 PM

2011 STI Sedan
Originally Posted by Deuuuce
Nice kill and cool you were able to chirp the 275s at that speed.

Did you happen to notice if he did a rolling brake torque? More importantly from a low speed roll. If you look at their 0-60mph vs. 5mph-60mph times, there is a huge disparity due to turbo lag.
Thanks bro! my traction control was off, so they spin easily if you hammer it just right. No actually, I did not notice that, either way I love STI's I just happen to love AMG's better especially the CLK55. People think the Benz's are slow and are just for show, that is NOT the case haha.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:16 PM

C32, 911 SC
Thanks bro! my traction control was off, so they spin easily if you hammer it just right. No actually, I did not notice that, either way I love STI's I just happen to love AMG's better especially the CLK55. People think the Benz's are slow and are just for show, that is NOT the case haha.
Nice! Sorry I was swamped last weekend, how about this upcoming weekend? My rear R888s are getting bald now and this is where the fun really begins
Old 09-15-2010, 01:26 PM

2011 STI Sedan
Nice! Sorry I was swamped last weekend, how about this upcoming weekend? My rear R888s are getting bald now and this is where the fun really begins

Yeah man for sure! Let me know when this weekend. I dont have work, if I dont have homework I will go. School and work is killer over the week days