Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

The CS vs Porsche Cayman....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 11:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
The CS vs Porsche Cayman....

It seemed like a normal Wednesday morning at 10AM. The commuter drones should be at their respective cubicles, leaving my favorite on/off ramps ready for some nice empty corner apexing! Or so I thought...

I'm off on Wednesdays and I decided to take the CS on errands. I need to hit the freeway and the ramp starts with a tunnel, leading downhill to a left hand, sweeping 90 degree corner that heads up hill and sweeps right. It is two lanes, so there is some room to play with the corner. Not quite Ou Rouge, but it's what I have to play with.

As I am blasting down hill toward the tunnel, a Cayman S comes streaking out of a side road and he's trying pretty hard. He must have been thinking about our little Ou Rouge as well! Porsche vs Ferrari... a little FIA GT3 event on a Wednesday morning! He's on the inside lane, and I am on the outside ready for the corner.

Blipping down a couple of gears in the tunnel is a sound to die for. I've got a good 150 feet before I have to tap the brakes to set the chassis, but the Cayman S at the last second decides he needs to be in my lane to be properly set for the corner. With him now in my path, I can either brake early or take him on the inside. To the inside I go!

I beat him to the corner, but because of the line I have to take, I'm on the carbon ceramics a little harder than I normally would be, giving him a chance to even the score. We go side by side through "Ou Rouge"..... and I can hear the Porsche trying for the lead. He just doesn't quite have the horsepower heading up the hill and because I am now on the outside of the upcoming sweeper, he doesn't stand a chance.

Exiting the sweeper at a rather naughty speed, I glance in my rear view to see the Cayman just a dot, flashing his high beams in surrender.

Porsche may not have a substitute, but I'll take my prancing pony!
Old 05-10-2011, 01:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Charger SRT-8
Sweeet! Felt like I was there if only for a moment.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have you ever thought about writing a novel about these stories? Because they're really well-written and indepth. Good kill, do you ever lose any of these runs? lol
Old 05-10-2011, 08:22 AM

C300
I get more excited than a kid in a candy store when I see IngenereAMG has made a new post on this forum! On the other hand, the days between new stories are dark days indeed.

Random question, and maybe it has been answered before, but would you happen to have videos/pictures of these routes in Mexico that you frequent? Even better, perhaps the forums can convince you to obtain a dashboard cam to capture these excursions... but I guess that's just my wishful thinking...
Old 05-10-2011, 04:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
Originally Posted by thepinoc
Have you ever thought about writing a novel about these stories? Because they're really well-written and indepth. Good kill, do you ever lose any of these runs? lol
Thanks for the compliments.

I actually have been encouraged to put a book together. For fun I took a look at what I have, and to my surprise I have 50 pages of this silliness!

I am a bit of a control freak, so I usually won't bite unless I feel I have a good chance of winning. I also won't bite on any straight line stuff, as I like to be part of the mix with some skill, not just nail the throttle and hold on for dear life! To me that's just the car, and I want to be in on it.

Originally Posted by lm24
I get more excited than a kid in a candy store when I see IngenereAMG has made a new post on this forum! On the other hand, the days between new stories are dark days indeed.

Random question, and maybe it has been answered before, but would you happen to have videos/pictures of these routes in Mexico that you frequent? Even better, perhaps the forums can convince you to obtain a dashboard cam to capture these excursions... but I guess that's just my wishful thinking...
I don't usually take allot of videos on the road...... I think its called evidence!

I do a web based TV show for my 'real job', and I managed to come up with a way to use some CS footage to get a point across.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0QD85aytLg
Old 05-11-2011, 03:31 PM

'00 CLK430 & '08 Lexus RX 350
Nice write up...(although trying to picture a "sweeping" 90* turn doesn't jive for me. Seems 90* is anything but sweeping....rather about as hard a turn as you get without being a button hook or less than 90*.) I digress....fun illustration none the less.
Old 05-11-2011, 04:43 PM

08 E63, 07 RS4, 04 GT3, 10 LR4, 02 Pajero
Originally Posted by thepinoc
Good kill, do you ever lose any of these runs? lol
Good report Ingenere, but I wouldn't fancy the same result against a 997TT. No comparison in sound, obviously.

Last edited by Nstar; 05-11-2011 at 04:54 PM.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Nstar
Good report Ingenere, but I wouldn't fancy the same result against a 997TT. No comparison in sound, obviously.
It all depends on the road, and even more so, the driver.