Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

C32 vs M3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2004, 09:52 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Ahmed
you're so full of crap!

you know what? Get a BMW 330i and a Benz C320 and see how much you can modify both of them!

how about you get a BME M3 and a C32 AMG and see how much output you can get from both of them without sacrificing reliability and warranty! Let me see you supercharge an M3 (which is a maxed out engine anyway) and drive it for another 50K !!!

oh and for your info, the new C klass AMG is a 5.5 NA engine, which means at lower compression than the ///M engine, you can supercharge it till you drop without sacrificing reliability!
What the hell are you going to do with a C320. A3.2L engine produce 215hp. Anyway you modified a 330 will be faster.
If M3 has a S/C in it, I think C32 should step back. It's low tech compare to the M. Just by saying M3 is a maxed out engine tells me how much you know about cars.
Please don't tell me 5.5 or 6.6 engines. **** I smell something again. Got to go, next door cooking curry again.
Old 05-15-2004, 03:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 161 Likes on 130 Posts
R129 SL55 AMG & W208 CLK55 AMG
Originally posted by ohya
**** I smell something again. Got to go, next door cooking curry again.
Old 05-15-2004, 07:25 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Sleestack
I think using MBworld as a measure of the average MB driver is probably not going to give you an accurate picture. While I agree that MB has come out with more lower end models to target the younger crowd, their primary target and consumer base continues to be much older individuals.

As long as they don't make something like a C230 for younger crowd. That car is a joke.
Old 05-15-2004, 12:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

What the hell are you going to do with a C320. A3.2L engine produce 215hp. Anyway you modified a 330 will be faster.
If M3 has a S/C in it, I think C32 should step back. It's low tech compare to the M. Just by saying M3 is a maxed out engine tells me how much you know about cars.
To a certain extent, the C320 and 330i are only comparable for the sake of marketing. Technically, they are totally different cars with different engines. The 3.2L V6 is fairly old with 3 valves, single cam and no valve timing. The Bimmer 3L I6 has plenty of engine work done to it, Double-Vanos, Valvetronic etc etc.

No point modifying a 330i or Ci because the engine is made famous for its smoothness, you defeat the purpose of buying a Bimmer I6 when you supercharge it.

With the M3. The Bimmer M department did admit theres nothing more they can do to the E45 M3 engine without further increasing its capacity. Compression ratio in the current model is also slightly higher than then the previous one. It is also damn silly to s/c the M3 because it is one of the BEST engines out there in stock form.

my 2 cents
Old 05-15-2004, 06:01 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Jon200
To a certain extent, the C320 and 330i are only comparable for the sake of marketing. Technically, they are totally different cars with different engines. The 3.2L V6 is fairly old with 3 valves, single cam and no valve timing. The Bimmer 3L I6 has plenty of engine work done to it, Double-Vanos, Valvetronic etc etc.

No point modifying a 330i or Ci because the engine is made famous for its smoothness, you defeat the purpose of buying a Bimmer I6 when you supercharge it.

With the M3. The Bimmer M department did admit theres nothing more they can do to the E45 M3 engine without further increasing its capacity. Compression ratio in the current model is also slightly higher than then the previous one. It is also damn silly to s/c the M3 because it is one of the BEST engines out there in stock form.

my 2 cents
Sure 330 has a plenty of engine work so it cannot be compare to the C320. But AHMED there want to mouth off about these two cars. I guess you prove a point.
Modifying BMW is a big purpose for some people that owns it. Even a little can change alot. Especially the 330 S/C from AA.
Old 05-17-2004, 01:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C 320 CDI 4M W204 / C43 AMG (W202) / C 220 CDI T (S203) / ZX-10R Ninja
ohya

Sorry man one question. You're in a MBZ forum and talking about BMW and they are better than MBZ. So what are you driving and why did you choose it?
Old 05-17-2004, 02:03 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Teck
ohya

Sorry man one question. You're in a MBZ forum and talking about BMW and they are better than MBZ. So what are you driving and why did you choose it?
I didn't say it's better or worse about the MB. I'm just responding to threads. I have both cars. I can say I can beat your no problem.
Old 05-17-2004, 06:01 AM

C32 AMG

If M3 has a S/C in it, I think C32 should step back.
since we're talking aftermarket, i think a stageII C32 could take a SC M3 on a roll. and would also be alot cheaper.

jus thought id point that out
Old 05-17-2004, 10:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Why would you not use MBWorld as a measure of MBZ owners? I don't understand that? Isn't this forum FOR owners of MB's? This is the most popular MB forum out there, and while it may not be a 100% accurate indication of MB owners, it sure is close to it, no? There was an article in the STAR magazine about a year ago, that specifically stated that MB designers had shifted focus for a "new generation" of MB drivers. Meaning, the 25-35 crowd. Why? To compete and mass produce, and to gain shares in the auto-market..

While MB still has an air of quality and prestige, it is certainly geared towards a youthful generation..
Old 05-17-2004, 05:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by ldangeli
Why would you not use MBWorld as a measure of MBZ owners? I don't understand that? Isn't this forum FOR owners of MB's? This is the most popular MB forum out there, and while it may not be a 100% accurate indication of MB owners, it sure is close to it, no? There was an article in the STAR magazine about a year ago, that specifically stated that MB designers had shifted focus for a "new generation" of MB drivers. Meaning, the 25-35 crowd. Why? To compete and mass produce, and to gain shares in the auto-market..

While MB still has an air of quality and prestige, it is certainly geared towards a youthful generation..
Just because MBworld is a forum for MB owners, it doesn't necessarily mean most MB owners are going to be here. Of the dozens of MB drivers in our extended family, I'm the only one who even knows about MBworld. In fact, I think MBworld would completely skew the picture of MB owners b/c younger owners are more likely to be using the internet to find forums like MBworld.

While MB has definitely come out with cheaper and more sporty models to target younger buyers, I would hardly say they have shifted their focus to the younger buyer. Perhaps they have expanded their focus to include the younger driver, however, I don't see how $70K cars could realistically be marketed to the younger generation. The consumer base for $70K+ cars is just not strong enough in that segment.
Old 05-17-2004, 09:27 PM
Banned

Originally posted by IdriveFast
since we're talking aftermarket, i think a stageII C32 could take a SC M3 on a roll. and would also be alot cheaper.

jus thought id point that out
A S/C to a S/C is fair to say. C32 is nothing without S/C in the first place.
Old 05-17-2004, 09:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

True true, but a M3 without Double Vanos, Valvetronic, high compression ration etc is also nothing

I don't mind people post kill stories, this is precisely what this thread is for but it always turns out that the cars involved in the race re compared and the topic is beaten to death
Old 05-17-2004, 09:59 PM
Banned

True true, but a M3 without Double Vanos, Valvetronic, high compression ration etc is also nothing

I don't mind people post kill stories, this is precisely what this thread is for but it always turns out that the cars involved in the race re compared and the topic is beaten to death
Do you think without the double vanos will be less power then a S/C???
Old 05-18-2004, 12:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
Some people from B.C. speak English. . .
Some people from B.C. speak French. . .
Some people from B.C. speak neither. . .

Oh Ya! (eh)
Old 05-18-2004, 02:35 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally posted by Vomit

Oh Ya! (eh)
Old 05-18-2004, 02:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C 320 CDI 4M W204 / C43 AMG (W202) / C 220 CDI T (S203) / ZX-10R Ninja
LMAO
Old 05-18-2004, 02:45 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
obviously you're just trolling around. Like I've said before, high revving NA, Supercharging, Turbocharging, or simply just make a bigger displacement engine are all just different way of making efficient horsepower. i.e. you can have a high revving 3.2 produce 333hp and a supercharged s/c produce 349hp or you can have a 4.2 V8 making 344hp.

there's no point to say this is unfair blah blah blah because not even in GT racing they all have the same type of engines. i.e. Viper GTS-R running w/ V10 while C5-R runs w/ V8 and Porsche run their flat-6 all in the same catagory of cars.
Old 05-18-2004, 04:20 AM

Nothing

Oh Ya! (eh)
Old 05-18-2004, 09:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Do you think without the double vanos will be less power then a S/C???
No I wouldn't, both C32 and E46 M3 blocks have had their share of trophies throughout the years, they are equally good engines therefore people compare them.

It's just pure rubbish to discuss car engines by 'minusing this and that'. RB26DETT and 2JZ are nothing without the twin turbo is that correct?

C32 is a 3.2L V6 S/C, it came like this and buyers accept it.

People obvious know nothing about AMG if they say the C32 is a S/C-ed C320. Thats just like saying the M3 is a fattened 330Ci.

Virtually all modern car makers are crazy about horsepower, so it does not matter how they are made, but how much is made.

cheers
Old 05-18-2004, 06:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 161 Likes on 130 Posts
R129 SL55 AMG & W208 CLK55 AMG
No I wouldn't, both C32 and E46 M3 blocks have had their share of trophies throughout the years, they are equally good engines therefore people compare them.

It's just pure rubbish to discuss car engines by 'minusing this and that'. RB26DETT and 2JZ are nothing without the twin turbo is that correct?

C32 is a 3.2L V6 S/C, it came like this and buyers accept it.

People obvious know nothing about AMG if they say the C32 is a S/C-ed C320. Thats just like saying the M3 is a fattened 330Ci.

Virtually all modern car makers are crazy about horsepower, so it does not matter how they are made, but how much is made.

cheers
excellent post!
Old 05-18-2004, 10:42 PM

C32 AMG
look bmw and mb jus chose different routes

bmw has a high compression n/a, mb has a low compression s/c

like frank said, they're jus different methods

u no wut u r? U R IGNORANT!
Old 05-19-2004, 12:24 AM
Banned

Oh Ya! (eh)
What was that? You're an As shole???
Sorry about my english, french, or neither.
Old 05-19-2004, 12:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
The word "arsehole" is never capitalized.
The word "English" is always capitalized.
The word "French" is always capitalized.

Thank you for proving my point.

P.S. Lighten up guy. . . you are on an MBZ forum touting the merits of BMW. What do you expect?

Last edited by Vomit; 05-19-2004 at 12:41 AM.
Old 05-19-2004, 12:30 AM
Banned

Originally posted by IdriveFast
look bmw and mb jus chose different routes

bmw has a high compression n/a, mb has a low compression s/c

like frank said, they're jus different methods

u no wut u r? U R IGNORANT!
Frank is a fruit anyway. I guess you only knows how car a difference but you know nothing about comparison. We all know that BMW is a high compression and mb is low compression S/C. Tell me something I don't know. IGNORANT!!!
Old 05-19-2004, 12:32 AM
Banned

The word "*******" is never capitalized.
The word "English" is always capitalized.
The word "French" is always capitalized.

Thank you for proving my point.
I capitalizedddd to let you know how much of an A******* you are!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C32 vs M3