Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

C32 vs M3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 12:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
C32 vs M3

I was leaving school 2 months ago, when I saw this Black E46 M3 with DTM style exhausts. The kind that angle upward. So naturally I weaved in and out through traffic to line up with him.

When I lined up with him, we were both at the red light.
I decided tp lower my window and ask him if he wanted to run, but when I did, he was already looking at me with a smirk on his face. I said "nice car you got..." and he leaned over to look out his window (I think he was looking at my rims and the V6 Kompressor Badge) and then said "yea, thanks. I like your car too"

After our brief exchange of compliments, we both looked forward at the road and rolled up our windows. It was ON! The M3 driver kept rolling foward little by little, and when the light for the cross street turned red, he leaped forward. BUT... our light wasnt greent yet, only the left turn light, so he reversed a little, looked over at me and laughed. He started to roll back adn forth again, i could hear his engine revving. I turned off ESP, and when the lighting turned green, i took my foot off the brake and slammed the gas!

I gotta say, I had very very little wheel spin. We were about even but before I reached the other side of the light, a car made a right turn at the corner and cut me off! So i braked hard, really hard. I went to the far left lane to make a left turn and i lined up with him again and said "sorry about that man, that car cut me off" and he said "yea i saw". so i said "well see you" and made a left.

to my surprise, he made an illegal left and followed me! After our big left turn when we both straightened out, he floored it. I didnt know he was going to punch it right then, but when he did, I was on it, and we were even. When went to about 70mph, dead even, before we both braked because we were running out of room. I lowered my window again and said "wow that was fun, well this is my street, gotta go" and as i made a right turn, he followed me again! We cruised for about 2-3 miles because of all the traffic. And just as luck would have it, we lined up again. once again the light was red. I lowered my window and said "you following me? lol" and he smiled and said "yea, lets go again" and i said "what are you running?" and he said "stick, not SMG. I got an exhaust but thats it, you?" and I said "i have coilovers but no chip or exhaust or anything like that" and he said "yea I can tell you have coilovers" and as I was speaking to him he floored it! So I floored it also, while I was still facing him. I gradually turned my head forward.

He had about 1 and a half car length on me up until about 40mph. Then the light turns came. We went for about 20 secs, we never really passed 90mph because the street wasnt straight. and I wasnt about to try going 100mph on a twisty street. Those 20 seconds felt sooooo long... This was a 2 lane street btw. I slowly started closing the gap and finally I passed him, ON THE OUTER LANE!!!! as the street straightened out, I went to about 110 and shut it down, by this time he was 2 cars behind me.

once again, we were running out of road before the red light, so we both braked really hard again. he rolled down his window and said "that **** was fun!" and i said "hell yea!" and he said "i think your car is a little faster than mine, how many miles on it?" and I said "4000, you took off the line really fast though!" and he said "well good race, you won." and when the light turned green, I gave him 2 fingers, the peace sign. he gave me the thumbs up and I went straight and he made a left.

I was so excited from the race, my right foot was still shaking. I couldnt stop grinning.
Old 02-11-2004, 12:59 AM

C32 AMG
A few days ago, I was leaving school again. But this time, I saw a Imola Red E46 M3. So of course, I was thinking "hehehehhehehehhehe, time to race!" but reality set in and i realized there was WAY to much traffic. So i just drove past him. As I was passing him, I heard his engine get really loud and he lined up next to me. My window was down so i said,
me - "nice car man!"
him - "yea I like yours to, my brother has a C32 also"
me - "o really? you guys must race all the time huh?"
him - "yea but he always kills me on the freeway"
me - "you always win off the line dont you?"
him - "yea but after we reach 60 and over, he would always win"
me - "o, well hey man I gotta go ok? nice meeting you!"

and when I reached the red light. He drove next to me and honked and waved, then made a right. Then he sped off. I gotta say... the S54 sounds really nice....
Old 02-11-2004, 01:08 AM

C32 AMG
A day after that, I was coming back from Kinkos at night. It was about midnight.

I was speeding along when I passed this Phoenix Yellow E46 M3. After I had already passed it, I thought "O ****! here we go again!" but we were already at the light.... So we lined up.

This guy kept looking over, but he didnt seem like he wanted to run. So i was thinking, "aw... he probably doesnt know this is a C32 or doesnt know what a C32 is". Well I though "when the light turns green, Im gonna floor it anyways, he can follow me if he wants, and if he doesnt, then o well"

Well when the light turned green, I floored it, but as soon as i saw he wasnt on it, he was 2-3 cars behind me at the time, I let off and went along at about 40mph. He drove next to me, looked over again.

looks like I got his attention...

as soon as I saw him speed up a little, I punched it. My back was pushed against the seat and I went off. BUT THE M3 GUY DIDNT FLOOR IT AGAIN! So I slowed down, but as i slowed down, he floored it and flew by me! So I floored it and caught up to him. He must have let off cause I caught up to him really fast. and as I past him I let off because he wasnt on it again. THEN AS I LET OFF HE FLEW PAST ME AGAIN!!

this went on back and forth about 3-4 times, finally we reached a light that had just turned yellow. I lowered my window. I was about to tell him "hey follow me, I know this street where we can run" but he made a right turn....

I paused there for a few secs, even after the light had turned green. I was seriously considering following him jus so we could run again. But I had important photo copies and a test the next day with people at my house waiting for the copies...

grrrrrr..... I went home... sad and depressed......
Old 02-11-2004, 01:09 AM

C32 AMG
all true stories, I swear!

for those of you who dont live in orange county, theres ALOT of M3's in irvine and newport. ALOT!
Old 02-11-2004, 03:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C 320 CDI 4M W204 / C43 AMG (W202) / C 220 CDI T (S203) / ZX-10R Ninja
I hate these cars. They all think they are the fastest guys on the planet. I had some truble with a BMW 540. He loocked like a skinhead and the exhaust system was such a shame.

Good luck with your C32.
Old 02-12-2004, 12:30 PM
Almost a Member!

Volvo
Although it looked like they all were "good losers".
Old 02-12-2004, 01:23 PM

CLS 500
THEY HAVE SOMETHING TO PROVE...........WE DON'T.
Old 02-12-2004, 03:06 PM

98 MB C280
dude, where u live at man. boy got e46's and c32's evwhere racin him. need action now!!!
Old 02-12-2004, 07:11 PM

03 silver C32 AMG
come 2 orange county, u c M3's and the type of cars everywhere. I see SL55's Carrera's S4's, Evo's.... and all on my way 2 school. It is not uncommon 4 me 2 c all of those cars before I even get 2 UCI
Old 02-12-2004, 09:21 PM

C32 AMG
nice kill man. Hey that Imola Red M3 is my brothers. Im glad to hear he's being honest about me beating him.
Old 02-12-2004, 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32
nice kills!!!
Old 02-14-2004, 12:07 AM

CLK, X5
Dude, nice stories. I also live in O.C. and i know exactly what you mean about e46 M3's though, they are all over the place. Actually, i've found that more often it is standard 330's and 540's who wanna run. Im glad you showed them up, my car can only kill 330's and 325's... but if you've got it flaunt it
Old 02-17-2004, 06:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unless the M3 driver is an excellent stick shifter, and I mean "excellent", there is no way a M3 can win under any circumstances. I have raced a few, stick and SMG, sorry, I have never lost to one. As time goes by, you dont want to race with them because its no fun. You always win! Try a 996 or 360. On the book, these cars are supposed to be faster than the C32, but how many people can make a perfect launch? Missing a gear, there go half a second.
Old 02-17-2004, 08:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32
people on bmw forums just don't believe that M3s will loose to C32 ina straight line accerlation.
Old 02-17-2004, 09:22 PM

03 silver C32 AMG
they're jus being defensive... most of the ppl in those forums who claim the M3 is faster dont even own a M3,

and sometimes even if they do own an M3, they havent even raced a C32 b4...c32's are pretty rare cars after all....

u cant blame them though... 2 the M3's credit.... its legendary... and in every magazine, the M3 has been the fastest...

i cant lie though...I still think C32 is faster than the M3...

BUT!!!!

I CAN blame them for saying "you would have had him in the twisties".... like the C32 cant *******g handle or something?!?!

I was looking at an IS300 forum... and this M3 guy said that the M3 will out handle and out run a C32 anytime anywhere!

There jus so happened 2 b a C32 guy in the forum who was reading and he said "stop reading your magazines. I am 4-0 against M3's 0-60, drag, roll, and on LA's Mullholland Rd (a very windy canyon). M3's are fast, C32's are faster"

and u no wut the M3 guy said?? "I havent actually ran wit a C32 yet"

Then how the hell can u say M3's are faster?!?!?!?

http://www.is300.net/modules.php?nam...32253&start=30

and this other guy!!! The title of the thread was M3 vs C32... he said "im always asked which car is faster M3 or C32? well heres a video" well it was a video of him racing a C32 2x and winning both times...

so I said "good kill... but 1 race hardly determines which car is faster"

he basically said "yes it does, and it wasnt jus 1 race. we raced 2x... that basically solidifies it "

and i said "well I've raced and beaten 2 E46 M3's, the only 2 i ever raced, not limited to 1 race per encounter. so does that mean C32 is faster than M3 then? jus cause of 2 races??"

and he says "well anything can happen on the street. I my races dont set anything in stone i guess"

omg....

heres another thread... where they basically say that the E36 M3 is as fast as the B6 S4.... Im not saying it is or it isnt, but the way some of those members justified that statement was jus dumb and inconsistent...

http://www.germantechnik.com/showthr...&threadid=3993

i really really encourage all of u 2 read this thread... especially page 2 and read wut i wrote
Old 02-18-2004, 08:38 AM
Almost a Member!

V70R 2004
Well, we should not get emotive about this. Lots of people in lots of forums are saying weird things...

C32 is a marvelous car: Sounds faster in straith line than any M3, 4 doors, more comfortable and classy...

M3 is also a marvelous car to me: Faster in the twisties (lets be honest and just look at the comparo track times in a lot of magazine), manual tranny, more sport but less practical and less class to me.

They both have their strength, depend what your looking for. That's why I own an AMG. This said, I hope I'll have both in my garage someday too!!!

PS
Old 02-18-2004, 09:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Exactly! This is why you don't see bracket racers using manual trannies...

...humans just aren't that consistant. I swear, once these guys see some time posted in a magazine, they think that each and every human *will* get that time, each and every time he/she wants to...it ain't that simple! There's a pretty big difference between the skills of a pro test driver and the skills of most drivers!

There are some people out there who can duplicate those times in a manual-transmission car, but they constitute about 1/100 of the population who *think* they can do it!!

Heck, even in these auto-equipped beasts, it's tough to get a great launch...but at least once rolling, everything else is taken care of.

Originally posted by Harris
Unless the M3 driver is an excellent stick shifter, and I mean "excellent", there is no way a M3 can win under any circumstances. I have raced a few, stick and SMG, sorry, I have never lost to one. As time goes by, you dont want to race with them because its no fun. You always win! Try a 996 or 360. On the book, these cars are supposed to be faster than the C32, but how many people can make a perfect launch? Missing a gear, there go half a second.
Old 02-18-2004, 03:30 PM

03 silver C32 AMG
dont u guys luv it when ppl say, "M3 is faster than C32 isnt it?"

and when u ask, "o, how come?"

and they say "um.. cause C32 is an automatic and automatics are slow"

man.... at least have a reasonable explaination 4 y u think that....not jus automatics are slow
Old 02-18-2004, 03:40 PM
Almost a Member!

Volvo
Originally posted by KL316

and u no wut the M3 guy said?? "I havent actually ran wit a C32 yet"
Then how the hell can u say M3's are faster?!?!?!?
Originally posted by KL316

so I said "good kill... but 1 race hardly determines which car is faster"
How many races do one have to win before he can say that he´s faster?

I believe that you should compare the fastest times set by any model except any "unbeleivable" time(s). The rest is up to the drivers. This means that the M3-drivers are lousy since the M3 is at least equally as fast as the C32 in a straight line.
Improviz got a point. Extreamly powerful cars is generally faster with aut. tranny.
Old 02-18-2004, 06:20 PM

03 silver C32 AMG
Originally posted by Bikerider
How many races do one have to win before he can say that he´s faster?

I believe that you should compare the fastest times set by any model except any "unbeleivable" time(s). The rest is up to the drivers. This means that the M3-drivers are lousy since the M3 is at least equally as fast as the C32 in a straight line.
Improviz got a point. Extreamly powerful cars is generally faster with aut. tranny.

um... those 2 quotes, were directed towards 2 different ppl.

the 1st was directed at a M3 driver who acted like he had so much experience in his M3 racing against C32's, when in reality, he had never even encountered 1

my problem wit that was that since he did not have any experience in the matter, he should never have made such comments

the 2nd 1 was directed at an M3 driver who believed that since he had beaten a C32 twice, then all M3's are faster than C32's, just because of those 2 races with the same driver.

NEVER MIND the fact that the video, which was posted, clearly showed a bad launch during the 2nd part of the race on the
C32's part

so I said 1 race cannnot determine which car is faster, and he said it can and it did.

so i said well i've beaten 2 M3's, the only 2 i've raced, does that mean that C32 is faster than the M3 then?
by his logic i guess it does

I am not saying that M3's are slow or nething... cause obviously they r damn fast...i jus had to expose the flaw in his reasoning
Old 02-24-2004, 04:40 AM

c63
Ferrari 360> STOCK C32 > RS 4 >.......................Sorry,M3 is the last one.............

Last edited by simonlam168; 02-24-2004 at 06:39 AM.
Old 03-05-2004, 05:16 AM

300E
Nice....!!!!

I agree with that imola red M3 driver.

Whenever it reaches 80 and above, C32 always catched up with my M3 and finally they can pull about 1 car ahead.
I experienced this twice. So, I never want to race C32 on freeway. hehehe...
Old 03-07-2004, 10:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

marta
I'd guess a supercharged M3 would be a different story. :p
Old 03-07-2004, 10:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
M3 has 11.5:1 compression ratio...

S/C a motor like that without changing the heads to lower the compression ratio, and ka-BOOM. No way could you put 14PSI into it like the C32. ****, *stock*, that motor has been blowing up left and right; what do you think would happen to reliability if you supercharge it??

There is a reason why there is *not* a dedicated page for C32 owners to log their blown engines...there is, unfortunately, one for the M3 owners:

Originally posted by ajayz
I'd guess a supercharged M3 would be a different story. :p
Old 03-08-2004, 03:02 PM

03 silver C32 AMG
in all honesty, there were only 80 or something blown S54's

not that 80 isnt a significant number, but no way as big as ppl have been suggesting

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C32 vs M3