Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

M5 Kill

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 05:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 161 Likes on 130 Posts
R129 SL55 AMG & W208 CLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by Jon200
12.8 is not bad

what mods u got again?
Active Autowerkes RAM Intake Kit
GruppeM CAI
Supersprint X Pipe
Supersprint Exhaust
UFMotorsport IATS Kit
Powerchip Stage 3 Gold 99
UUC Short Shift Kit
Hamann Suspension
VP Racing 107 Octane Fuel
New set of Dunlops
Old 12-08-2004, 12:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ALPINA B12 5,7 Coupe #22/57
Originally Posted by Improviz

I do not believe that the video was modified; as I pointed out before, I do
believe (and proved) that the *car* was modified. I believe that the only way a
stock M3 could ever hit that 60' time would be with drag radials, and I have
seen absolutely *NO* evidence, other than a claim on an Internet forum by the
owner (who nevertheless did not to show up for $500 and prove it) that this is
a true statement. Until or unless I do, this feat remains a claim, not a fact.
FYI. I have checked around. The M3 of Lee was not stock. His mods are as follows.
When it did the 12.49 run, the car had SSR Comp wheels on OEM rubber (18.5lbs vs. 28lbs), Eurobahn (Superchips) software, and no seat backs.

Superchip does not gain a lot. my guess is max 10 rwhp.
When it was bone stock he did a 12,74.

Not aiming for a new discusion, just wanted you to know.
Old 12-08-2004, 03:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Correction, Erik: when it was "CLAIMED" to be stock.

I am well aware of what the owner has claimed, but he has proven nothing. You can believe that this guy is some sort of Superhuman who somehow magically violates the rules of physics and propels a car to a 60' time 0.3 better than anyone else on stock tires, but I'm a cynic. I believe that you are rationalizing.

I further want to note that this cynicism is not because the car was an M3. I would not believe anyone claming to hit a 1.7 60' time in a stock CLK55 either.

As I already showed in the posts above, the guy had his chance to show up and duplicat his feat, for $500, and didn't take the poster up on his offer. Further, in an earlier thread posted in that forum, I personally posted an invitation for him to show up when owners from this forum would be present, and he declined. This hardly speaks volumes as to his credibility.

But believe whatever you like; the facts remain that:

1) there has been no proof that the owner performed this feat in an unmodified M3;

2) as I showed in the post above (and as anyone can see by watching the videos themselves), the car shown in the videos to which you refer was not stock.

Claims != proof. If you have any facts other than the owner's dubious claims to disprove the above two assertions, present them.

Btw, do you even own an E46 M3?? If so, why not go to a track and see what you can get rather than boring us here with discredited stories of a modded M3? Modded Honda Civics routinely get into the 11's at my local dragstrip...wow. Put enough money into it, and you could run 11's in a bread truck.
Old 12-08-2004, 04:49 PM
M&M

Hey Impro, long time no see.

You have to admit though that its pretty impressive to run those times. For an M3 with such basic mods 12.4 is smoking. We can argue till we're blue in the face over whether he has drag radials or not. But let's say he did (I'm not saying he does 'cos I wasn't there so I don't know). 12.4 is very quick even with DR's. Hell we find over here they give max 0.1-0.2 seconds over a good street tyre.

And his 12.72 run claimed stock with a trap speed of 106. Let's say that was with DR's like you are adamant it was. That's still very quick for a stock M3 with DR's. What say you?
Old 12-08-2004, 05:41 PM

I am well aware of what the owner has claimed, but he has proven nothing. You can believe that this guy is some sort of Superhuman who somehow magically violates the rules of physics and propels a car to a 60' time 0.3 better than anyone else on stock tires, but I'm a cynic. I believe that you are rationalizing.

I further want to note that this cynicism is not because the car was an M3. I would not believe anyone claming to hit a 1.7 60' time in a stock CLK55 either.

As I already showed in the posts above, the guy had his chance to show up and duplicat his feat, for $500, and didn't take the poster up on his offer. Further, in an earlier thread posted in that forum, I personally posted an invitation for him to show up when owners from this forum would be present, and he declined. This hardly speaks volumes as to his credibility.

But believe whatever you like; the facts remain that:

1) there has been no proof that the owner performed this feat in an unmodified M3;

2) as I showed in the post above (and as anyone can see by watching the videos themselves), the car shown in the videos to which you refer was not stock.

Claims != proof. If you have any facts other than the owner's dubious claims to disprove the above two assertions, present them.

Btw, do you even own an E46 M3?? If so, why not go to a track and see what you can get rather than boring us here with discredited stories of a modded M3? Modded Honda Civics routinely get into the 11's at my local dragstrip...wow. Put enough money into it, and you could run 11's in a bread truck.
Then anyone who has ever posted a time from a run claiming to be stock can't be assumed stock since we don't have proof of anything. Nor can any dyno runs etc. How is someone supposed to prove that they have no engine mods?? Are we supposed to believe no one ( or is it trust no one). If thats the case only magazines hold the true answers.
Old 12-08-2004, 05:46 PM

ALPINA B12 5,7 Coupe #22/57
Well I did not get this from the owner, I got it from a guy from Ls1.com that knows him well.

Btw, do you even own an E46 M3?? .
No I do not. If I had the money I would probably.
In Norway those cars cost twice as much as they do in the US.
Never said I did own one and to be honest I cant see why that matters.

If so, why not go to a track and see what you can get rather than boring us here with discredited stories of a modded M3?
Boring you I did not know I did that, very sorry....

My car is a tiny little BMW Compact with an 3,2 M3 engine in it. I have only been at the 1/4 track once in my life and managed to do a 13.75@101 with a ****ed up VANOS.
Even if I risk boring you even more I can inform you that at that time my engine had only 225 Hp@7400, thats almost 100 Hp down from the 321@7400 it should have. I still managed a 2.01 60" time with realy poor driving. That means low 13 with my driving should be within reach.

Anyway, I will not bore you anymore, I was stupide enough to belive this board would appriciate input from others than your own crowd.

I will leave you alone and leave this forum. Have fun....
Old 12-08-2004, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Erik
Well I did not get this from the owner, I got it from a guy from
Ls1.com that knows him well.
I got my info from reading his thread (the one where he originally claimed to
have hit 12.7 in a stock M3) on the M3 board. To their credit, many E46 M3
owners on the board were also quite skeptical of his claim.

Btw, do you even own an E46 M3?? .

No I do not. If I had the money I would probably.
In Norway those cars cost twice as much as they do in the US.
Never said I did own one and to be honest I cant see why that matters.
It matters in that it was a lead-in to my question which immediately followed
it:

If so, why not go to a track and see what you can get rather
than boring us here with discredited stories of a modded M3?
To which you replied:

Boring you I did not know I did that, very
sorry....
The continuous rehashing of an unproven claim from some Internet forum as though
it is factual is boring, yes. The guy had two invitations to show up and
reproduce his runs when other people were around, one with a $500 offer to show,
and failed to do so. Why would you put such credence in a person?? If as you
maintain the driver in question could reliably turn out 12 second 1/4 miles in a
stock E46 M3, why would he fail to accept the $500 challenge, name a time, show
up, and earn $500?? Because he doesn't like money???
Because he has no ego?? Couldn't tell it from reading his posts.

And I don't know why you persist in bringing this up. As pointed out before,
the claim is dubious to say the least, and even you admitted that it is not
representative of what other owners in M3's are getting, mainly mid 13's with a
few low 13's thrown in here and there.

So, what's the point?

My car is a tiny little BMW Compact with an 3,2 M3 engine in it. I have only been at the 1/4 track once in my life and managed to do a 13.75@101 with a ****ed up VANOS.
Even if I risk boring you even more I can inform you that at that time my engine had only 225 Hp@7400, thats almost 100 Hp down from the 321@7400 it should have. I still managed a 2.01 60" time with realy poor driving. That means low 13 with my driving should be within reach.
Great. I ran a 12.7 in my CLK55....and it's bone stock. You can believe this,
because I wrote it on an Internet forum. Trust me, it's true!

Anyway, I will not bore you anymore, I was stupide enough to belive this board would appriciate input from others than your own crowd.

I will leave you alone and leave this forum. Have fun....
I don't mind your input at all, but repeated parroting of dubious claims which you yourself acknowledged are unrepresentative of the car's realistic performance
capabilities are tiresome. Lots of people make dubious claims on Internet
forums. Look at APK1013's supposed win in a lightly modded M5 against a
supercharged CL55 AMG for an example: when challenged to show up and defend his
claim, he too came up with all sorts of excuses...again, showing how claims are
one matter, but results are quite another.
Old 12-08-2004, 06:50 PM
M&M

Improviz, the times are not in dispute. Their are videos & timeslips & MANY of them. The dispute is the state of tune of the car when it ran those times. There is a yellow M3 running 12,8. A silver grey one running 12.9 & a black one running 12.8. I have all the videos.

But there is no way to prove these cars were stock. Most of the weren't but the mods are very basic bolt ons. So I'll leave it at that. But being the intelligent person you are, you know tha trap speed is the single most important result to look for. The ET depends on driver, surface, clutch, tyres, diff, etc. But the trap speed tells it all. So I will just leave the discussion right there & say no more. Even the M3 BB members no longer doubt MAtthews because he keeps delivering the times, videos & slips. He is for real.
Old 12-09-2004, 12:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
M&M, I did not dispute the time, only the car's "stock" status.

I believe we've been over this about fifty times by now, and as anyone can see by watching the videos in question, the cars are definitely not stock...stock M3's do not have those wheels, stock M3's have front seats, yadda yadda ya...no need to repeat it; people can watch the videos and read my play-by-play by clicking on the above link...(and also take note of the missing front seat...which means the rear seat is also most likely missing...i.e., the car had been stripped of weight and was clearly not "stock").

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I believe the only way a stock M3 could, *possibly*, hit a 1.7 60' time is with drag radials/slicks. On stock tires, no way. That is high-powered AWD territory, and a 50/50 RWD car with 255's (*especially* *Conti* 255's) and stiff suspension won't muster the traction to do it. And there were multiple M3 owners who disputed this claim in his original thread. This is not a Mercedes/BMW thing, it is a reality/physics thing.

And as I keep pointing out: it sure is odd that when invited by me to show up and meet the Mercedes crowd on one occasion and by another guy on a different one (the latter offering him $500 to duplicate this amazing feat), he managed *not* to be there. But I'm sure that he just hates money, and is shy about meeting new folks, lol...

Btw: did you know the word "gullible" is not in the dictionary?? It's true...look it up!

Last edited by Improviz; 12-09-2004 at 12:05 AM.
Old 12-10-2004, 05:11 PM

Mercedes C32SC AMG
Originally Posted by s0vietbenz
sorry but the only thing you can beat in a s2000 is a acura tl. s2000 vs m5 has no chance. m5 just outpowers it in every way possible. you may beat him when he was listening to enigma and strolling down the highway half asleep.
Exactly!!!!
Old 12-13-2004, 01:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 161 Likes on 130 Posts
R129 SL55 AMG & W208 CLK55 AMG
Can people just stop bull****tting for once and get real?

Thanks!
Old 12-13-2004, 10:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Ahmed
Can people just stop bull****tting for once and get real?

Thanks!
Old 12-13-2004, 10:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I believe the only way a stock M3 could, *possibly*, hit a 1.7 60' time is with drag radials/slicks.
1.7 is AWD territory and its not often u get those times
Old 07-26-2005, 10:34 PM

1997 C36 AMG
Originally Posted by SoCalCLK
Well said! Those SMGs are hilarious. BMW Engines are more like Honda Engines. Low torque and max HP only comes in at a very high RPM.

The C55 AMG is a BEAST. And due to its tight, rigid frame and solid, solid torque figures, I can see it beating an M5 all day.

What a pathetic comment.... "SMG is hilarious..:

Have you even driven that thing... SMG is probably the best invention in regards to performance car... Look at Ferrari to name one example.
when you make a comment please at least make an intelligent comment and try to stick on the topic....

A lot of C32 AMG bashing E46 M3 owner and vice versa, what they forgot regardless the engine characteristic these 2 cars are really great, just a matter of preference whether you prefer more dynamic driving with SMG/6 Spd manual or more relaxed pace AMG speedshift..

Doesn't matter whethee E46 M3 has less torque.., the fact that BMW did a very good job that counts. It doesn't matter how much power the engine could produce the power if it can transfer most of them to the ground. E46 M3 despite the lower torque has higher diff ratio (torque multiplier) and LSD.

But I agress that stock C55 and E39 M5 is similar..

However Stock C32 AMG is a little slower than C55 and E39 M5.
I recall stock C32 AMG runs high 13's 1/4 miles while C55, CLK55 W209 and E39 M5 runs low 13's 1/4 miles.

I own BMW and MB my self, but I just can't stand either stupid comment from either owner..

Let's just try to be more mature. After all in street race faster car doesn't guarantee winning.

Regardz,
Old 07-26-2005, 11:29 PM

Mercedes-Benz
this thread is back from the DEAD