Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

M3vsSVTCOBRAvsC230

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 07:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E350
ok why is this arguing going on? The question of which is better, the true answer is 911 GT2 so lets stop the fighting.
Old 03-03-2005, 07:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by DancingBenzos
ok why is this arguing going on? The question of which is better, the true answer is 911 GT2 so lets stop the fighting.
after watching this thread deteriorate i am no longer surprised that the C-class forum has a sticky telling people to clean up their act.
Old 03-03-2005, 10:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by King320
after watching this thread deteriorate i am no longer surprised that the C-class forum has a sticky telling people to clean up their act.
This thread was dead... who revived it and jumped on board dissing people and their cars... who are we kidding? Can't we come up with anything but these feable knowledgeless low-blows based soully on a false sense of superiority based on sticker price? Between the SLR and the C-Coupe, you're still just a guppy Nice to meet you King!

Well said DB- I was over at http://www.gtperformanceinc.com this morning to discuss a competetion cage for my coupe... the porshe's in there were amazing. Full race porsche cup prepped. Utterly amazing. This was the first racer/ race tuner I've met who was excited about the car (c-coupe). We dicussed my plans for the KW 3-way race coilovers, speedybenz camber/caster plates and race motor. He recommends JRZ 3-way race but most porsche cup people do. It still won't ever be a 700whp porsche, but both he and I are confident we can make a reasonable shot at GTS3.

You all are right though. Most people look down on the coupe. I own one and I know the car on and off-raod. It's a mistake to underestimate this car, people at autocrosses and the track are always all to willing to eat their words and find out more about it once they've been passed. It's a good car with equally tight fit & Finish as the C Sedans, CLKs and Es. It just handles better with some mods, and costs less to boot.

A person's car payment shouldn't be used as a measure of financial or social status. If we all shopped by highest possible monthly payment, we'd all be broke or just "ghetto rich".
Old 03-04-2005, 12:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350
Originally Posted by nukblazi
This thread was dead... who revived it and jumped on board dissing people and their cars... who are we kidding? Can't we come up with anything but these feable knowledgeless low-blows based soully on a false sense of superiority based on sticker price? Between the SLR and the C-Coupe, you're still just a guppy Nice to meet you King!

Well said DB- I was over at http://www.gtperformanceinc.com this morning to discuss a competetion cage for my coupe... the porshe's in there were amazing. Full race porsche cup prepped. Utterly amazing. This was the first racer/ race tuner I've met who was excited about the car (c-coupe). We dicussed my plans for the KW 3-way race coilovers, speedybenz camber/caster plates and race motor. He recommends JRZ 3-way race but most porsche cup people do. It still won't ever be a 700whp porsche, but both he and I are confident we can make a reasonable shot at GTS3.

You all are right though. Most people look down on the coupe. I own one and I know the car on and off-raod. It's a mistake to underestimate this car, people at autocrosses and the track are always all to willing to eat their words and find out more about it once they've been passed. It's a good car with equally tight fit & Finish as the C Sedans, CLKs and Es. It just handles better with some mods, and costs less to boot.

A person's car payment shouldn't be used as a measure of financial or social status. If we all shopped by highest possible monthly payment, we'd all be broke or just "ghetto rich".
Nuk you got anymore pics of your car?
Old 03-04-2005, 10:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by DancingBenzos
Nuk you got anymore pics of your car?
There are lots scattered throughout the C-Class forum.

There are good and bad shots... the older the pictures, the worse the camera I used was...
https://mbworld.org/forums/search.php?searchid=401152
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...light=flywheel
Old 03-04-2005, 05:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350
I bet thats the Ultimate AutoX sleeper.
Old 03-05-2005, 12:01 PM

C280
I know this thread should be laid to rest but, did they really discontinue the coupes here in the states? And did I also read in this thread that the clk wasn't really designed by Mercedes?
Old 03-05-2005, 05:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 040mercedes
I know this thread should be laid to rest but, did they really discontinue the coupes here in the states? And did I also read in this thread that the clk wasn't really designed by Mercedes?
The C-coupe has already been removed from the mbusa website. It is no more, but I believe I read that it is still coming to Canada, so with some $, I believe one could be imported through CA to the states.

The CLK Coupe and Convertible are made by Karmann, http://www.karmann.com/website_all/h...de_portal.html. They also built a prototype sport coupe convertible.

The coupe got sneers and laughs at almost every auto-x event I've been too. The best ones were the ones where they announced my name and car before handing me a trophy. It's a auto-x trophy and not worth the $1.50 the club paid for it. But the look on the BMW guys faces who gave me **** is priceless. Some "rich girls first car" eh?

My opinion, strickly my opinion, is that the MB Enthusiasts just missed the next 190E 2.3. It came in and just walked out without a second glance, why? Because it has a sticker price under $30K?

Last edited by nukblazi; 03-05-2005 at 05:28 PM.
Old 03-05-2005, 05:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I just noticed my search has expired with the links to pics so, in case anyone missed it or whatever.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...highlight=PICS

This is a really old thread
This is old too
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w203/48297-few-pics-kleemann-flywheel-installation.html
Old 03-05-2005, 10:16 PM

C280
Nuk, thats interesting stuff about the clk. I'm not sure I like it but interesing none the less. Thats disappointing about the c coupe though. I really liked those. Everything about them was cool, including the price tag. They were very "Europe", if you will. I guess you're right about consumers and their preference for the price tag. I guess people wouldn't feel very "mercedes owner" if everyone knew what they paid for it. Oh well, Canada is not too far away. My brother had a civic that was from Canada. So it is possible to get one here. That's cool by the way that you autoX your coupe. You don't see many benz's getting out there. Yours looks good too.
Old 03-06-2005, 05:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350
I think the problem of why the C-Class coupe sold bad here is not because of the sticker price, but because of the average driver you see with them. Young rich girls. It became a girls car, much like the jetta is. it got that label and it couldnt shake it, not matter how many canyon carving commercials MB tried to use to promote it. The only C-Class coupe i saw before coming on this site, were ones driven by girls, and i do admit i didnt like it then. Ive now grown a new found respect for the car.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 C32 AMG
V Pedy, if you're still around. I'll let you test your theory now. V
Old 11-02-2006, 03:30 AM

Cars
hey im down,
too bad i dont have that car anymore, i drive a le mans blue M5.
still want 2 run?
Old 11-02-2006, 06:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Talking king320......

Originally Posted by tedypedy
hey im down,
still want 2 run?

i agreed with all you posts in this thread but you got w/ the last 1.
shouldve never resurected the thread
Old 11-02-2006, 02:30 PM

03 e55 amg
Wow this was a very long thread but i loved the ending. king i think you were put in your place
Old 11-02-2006, 03:48 PM
Banned

C320

Go do some homework or something kid. Oh, and it doesnt count that you drive a Benz, or anything for that matter if your parents bought it for you.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:51 PM

03 e55 amg
Originally Posted by rpayer

Go do some homework or something kid. Oh, and it doesnt count that you drive a Benz, or anything for that matter if your parents bought it for you.
Why would it matter if his parents bought him the car? its his car... you must be one of those jealous wanna MB drivers that think since they bought there own c230 they rule the world....well i just recently bought an 03 e55 and i'm only 1 year older than him and 3 years younger than you... so how does that make you feel?
Old 11-02-2006, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 C32 AMG
hey im down,
still want 2 run?
Haha, sure. I have no problem with you now that you arent still talking trash about that MB in name only piece of ****e you used to drive. Enjoy the M5

As for being "put in my place" i doubt that very much, I could have had an M5 if i wanted it, but its a car my dad would drive, not me. You guys have too much ego riding on this stuff.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by gs-e55
Why would it matter if his parents bought him the car? its his car... you must be one of those jealous wanna MB drivers that think since they bought there own c230 they rule the world....well i just recently bought an 03 e55 and i'm only 1 year older than him and 3 years younger than you... so how does that make you feel?
See my previous, post... too.much.ego.riding.on.this.stuff.
Old 11-02-2006, 08:00 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Both the M5 and the M3 would lose to my CLK55 Haha, im just kidding, funny how things turned out though. They both switched to BMW's
Old 11-02-2006, 10:01 PM

Cars
rpayer who were you talking to?

I bought my car myself without using money from the sale of the benz, I used that to buy my red e36 M3. I went to BMW cuz I wanted to have a manual car and I went with M5 instead of E46 M3 cuz I don't want to be like everyone else and their mothers, and knowing the new M3 is coming out I didn't want to drop supercharger money in it to keep up with the E90 when my M5 has a better chance with less. I did however buy an E36 M3 to use as a daily driver cuz I wanna keep the miles low on my M5 and they're fun to drive!

King, still stands that my 230 would've beat ur 320 and likewise I haven't met an M3 yet that can keep up.

blackbenzz, what do you have done to your car?

and finally gs-e55 kudos to you, what do you do for a living?
Old 11-02-2006, 10:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Originally Posted by rpayer

thats gotta be the most retarded statement ever, "it doesnt count that YOU drive a benz, ........ bought it for YOU."

youve never got a super doopper nice gift?
sucks for you

just to **** you off a little more.

my 1st car (when i was 16 in 98) 94 e500 that my parents bought me

2nd car (a year later cause my 15yo friend crashed the e500) 99 m3, parents bought it (leased)

3rd car (year later, i broke the radiator, air condensor etc.. on the m3 cause it was too low and the front splitter hit a sewer cap and pushed all that **** back) 2000 528, parents bought it (leased), they wanted to slow me down

4th car 03 clk55, parents bought it (leased)

and all that time i had acces to a 95 s500, ml320,430,55, s430, 211 e55, and now a new ml500 (not all at the same time but you get the point) THESE WERENT MY CARS, they were my parents cars

so yes, all my cars were better than yours and i didnt have to work for them, haha

on a serious note though, i go to school full time and im lucky (very very lucky) that my parents can and do get me nice cars

in your opinion what are people that go to school full time supposed to do? take the bus? or get a job to buy a car (when their parents are able to get them 1)?

would you say no if your parents wanted to get you a car?
Old 11-03-2006, 12:03 AM

Cars
Originally Posted by AMG_55
thats gotta be the most retarded statement ever, "it doesnt count that YOU drive a benz, ........ bought it for YOU."

youve never got a super doopper nice gift?
sucks for you

just to **** you off a little more.

my 1st car (when i was 16 in 98) 94 e500 that my parents bought me

2nd car (a year later cause my 15yo friend crashed the e500) 99 m3, parents bought it (leased)

3rd car (year later, i broke the radiator, air condensor etc.. on the m3 cause it was too low and the front splitter hit a sewer cap and pushed all that **** back) 2000 528, parents bought it (leased), they wanted to slow me down

4th car 03 clk55, parents bought it (leased)

and all that time i had acces to a 95 s500, ml320,430,55, s430, 211 e55, and now a new ml500 (not all at the same time but you get the point) THESE WERENT MY CARS, they were my parents cars

so yes, all my cars were better than yours and i didnt have to work for them, haha

on a serious note though, i go to school full time and im lucky (very very lucky) that my parents can and do get me nice cars

in your opinion what are people that go to school full time supposed to do? take the bus? or get a job to buy a car (when their parents are able to get them 1)?

would you say no if your parents wanted to get you a car?

where do you go to school? I go to cal poly pomona, if ur around there or in the OC any time, hit me up, I want to see how fast the CLK 55 is!
Old 11-03-2006, 12:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
where do you go to school? I go to cal poly pomona, if ur around there or in the OC any time, hit me up, I want to see how fast the CLK 55 is!
CSUN (northridge)

i go to OC a lot, my cousins live there (1 of them owns harbor motorsports)

the clk is gone, i returned it back to mb (it was leased), ill hit you up sometime when i go down there, we got some fast cars, we can do some runs

cls63 (cousin)
ml63(his younger brother)
e55 (my moms, im driving it for now until i get a new car)
Old 11-03-2006, 04:17 AM

Cars
Originally Posted by AMG_55
CSUN (northridge)

i go to OC a lot, my cousins live there (1 of them owns harbor motorsports)

the clk is gone, i returned it back to mb (it was leased), ill hit you up sometime when i go down there, we got some fast cars, we can do some runs

cls63 (cousin)
ml63(his younger brother)
e55 (my moms, im driving it for now until i get a new car)
what the hell? I've never seen a 63 outside the dealership and ur cousins have 2 in their garage? I don't have enough on my car to keep up with the CLS or E55 (as long as its w211 not 210) but I have friends who have 11 second evos that are always itching to get a real challenge.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: M3vsSVTCOBRAvsC230