Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Killed a E55, SL55, and CLK55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 12:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5L stangs were guy car, the newer ones (inc the 2005) are girl cars.

a cobra-stang will eat an AMG, even an SL65, but I would rather have the AMG eny day.
Old 02-27-2005, 01:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Messerchmidt
a cobra-stang will eat an AMG, even an SL65, but I would rather have the AMG eny day.
Four runs, four wins for a bone stock E55 vs. a modded Supercharged Cobra:

Right click and save for Round 1:

Right click and save for Round 2:

One can definitely *mod* the Cobras to be faster, but you can mod the AMGs too...but stock to stock, any of the supercharged V8 AMGs will blow a Cobra into the weeds with no difficulty, and as shown in the videos, can handle a modded one as well!
Old 02-27-2005, 02:12 PM

hrm....basically
FORD =

F= Fool
O= Owns
R= Retard
D= Drives

that is all :-)

i dun even understand how one can compare a FORD to a MERCEDES.......

why dun you go compare a Caddy to a Maybach lolssss
Old 02-27-2005, 03:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Tesla Model S
Originally Posted by krk230
id like to see ur POS race a MB when ur ride has about 50k miles on it...by that time my 190 will be takin laps around your car... :p
I had a saleen before my benz, I put 120k miles on it in 3 years and never had one problem with it. Perhaps mine was an exception.

When all is said and done, the guy that started this thread spent a bunch of time and money to be able to "kill" a bone stock sedan by four car lengths.

Comparing prices is baseless because with a mercedes, you're paying for the creature comforts that you don't get in a mustang.
Old 02-27-2005, 04:35 PM
Banned

your sister.
its like comparing.... louis vuitton to xoxo?
Old 02-27-2005, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I got something for that 11.9.
Old 02-28-2005, 05:09 PM

BLACK 2005 SLK55 AMG,02 SILVER C32(SOLD),02 ML320 SILVER(Sold),99 S320 BLUE, 03 E500 Sport Pewter
FORD

FOUND ON ROAD DEAD LOL
Old 03-04-2005, 12:53 PM

04' E55
E55 vs. 545hp Mustang

I actually own a 2004 E55, as well as a fully raced preped 1991 Mustang with 545 HP. The E55 is stock. The Mustang has everything you can imagine, from 2.02 Edlebrock heads, Vortech s-Trim Supercharger, to ciol over suspension, 1/2" fuel feed lines, 42lb injectors etc.......

All I can say is that there is no way on earth that the Mustang could gain a 6 car length lead on the E55, from ANY speed, much less from a standing start (as the Mustang just cannot get traction - and I even have the pan-hard-rod and traction control rear end torque arm).

Bottom Line: This guy is full of SH&#.
Old 03-06-2005, 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Whatever there's gas in...
Between by S55 and a Cobra...hmmm....thats a no brainer!
Old 03-07-2005, 05:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
Originally Posted by Josh K
I had a saleen before my benz, I put 120k miles on it in 3 years and never had one problem with it. Perhaps mine was an exception.

When all is said and done, the guy that started this thread spent a bunch of time and money to be able to "kill" a bone stock sedan by four car lengths.

Comparing prices is baseless because with a mercedes, you're paying for the creature comforts that you don't get in a mustang.
Damn boy, where are you commuting to? Vegas? 40k per year is alot of seat time.
Old 03-10-2005, 07:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Whatever keys I grab first...
Ford rules. End of story, screw Mercedes! We the Ford people, after putting an absurd amount of mods on our Cobras, can murder your stock Benzs. So in your face.

Old 03-11-2005, 08:24 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bantha
Originally Posted by Lexani
Ford rules. End of story, screw Mercedes! We the Ford people, after putting an absurd amount of mods on our Cobras, can murder your stock Benzs. So in your face.

Many Mustang owners are stock, or have the basic cheap bolt-ons, (exhaust, pulleys, headers, intake etc.) With these mods the average Mustang driver can easily beat any C, E, S, CLK, SL, CL class cars....AMG models NOT INCLUDED.

But lets face it, 90% (maybe more) of the Benzes you see on the road are not AMG's. So on any given day, you SHOULD be able to beat just about any MB you see out there with your Mustang. You stop next to a SL500 at a light, it has no chance, an E500? samething, the upcoming c350 would lose.

So if I'm a Mustang owner, I love the fact that I'll never lose to the everyday Mercedes.

What is frustrating to me as a MB owner is that I can spend 60k+ on a new 05 E500 and it'll lose badly to the '87 GT I got in the garage that I spent a total of 7 grand on...including the price of the car!!!!!!
Old 03-11-2005, 09:34 AM
Almost a Member!

The probelm is, you are still driving a Ford. I'm in the middle of lawsuit with Ford over the Cobra I used to own. After purchasing Ford's ESP (extended service plan) at the time of purchase, they refused to honor the warranty when the #8 piston broke at 52k miles. The reason? They said it was due to an improperly installed spark plug. The technician saw that the threads on the plug were stripped and said that's what caused the piston to break. Of course, it had nothing to do with the piston breaking and knocking the plug completely out, causing the threads to look the way they did!! First of all, the engine never should have failed at such an earlier age, but as documented many times, this was not a seldom occurence. Many of their 4.6 litre engines had premature engine failures, with an abnormal number being in the #8 cylinder. Even so, instead of admitting they made a mistake and honoring a warranty that I paid extra for, for exactly this type of catastophic failure, they refuse to accept responsibility. Needless to say, I nor any of my family members will ever own another Ford. I paid for an engine replacement, sold it to some sucker who undoubtably will have similar problems and bought my current Benz for less than I paid for my Cobra and it's faster, more comfortable and a heck of a lot classier. My $.02 about Ford....
Old 03-11-2005, 10:21 AM

///E63V10 ///F80CS ///Can-Am X3 XRS
Originally Posted by tuscanraider
What is frustrating to me as a MB owner is that I can spend 60k+ on a new 05 E500 and it'll lose badly to the '87 GT I got in the garage that I spent a total of 7 grand on...including the price of the car!!!!!!
True, did you ever run an E55 yet?
Old 03-11-2005, 12:53 PM
Banned

Bantha
Originally Posted by e60benz
The probelm is, you are still driving a Ford. I'm in the middle of lawsuit with Ford over the Cobra I used to own. After purchasing Ford's ESP (extended service plan) at the time of purchase, they refused to honor the warranty when the #8 piston broke at 52k miles. The reason? They said it was due to an improperly installed spark plug. The technician saw that the threads on the plug were stripped and said that's what caused the piston to break. Of course, it had nothing to do with the piston breaking and knocking the plug completely out, causing the threads to look the way they did!! First of all, the engine never should have failed at such an earlier age, but as documented many times, this was not a seldom occurence. Many of their 4.6 litre engines had premature engine failures, with an abnormal number being in the #8 cylinder. Even so, instead of admitting they made a mistake and honoring a warranty that I paid extra for, for exactly this type of catastophic failure, they refuse to accept responsibility. Needless to say, I nor any of my family members will ever own another Ford. I paid for an engine replacement, sold it to some sucker who undoubtably will have similar problems and bought my current Benz for less than I paid for my Cobra and it's faster, more comfortable and a heck of a lot classier. My $.02 about Ford....
Great story, but theres always someone out there who can replace the "Ford" on your story with BMW, Lexus, Chevy, MB, Saturn etc....

Yes it sucks, my point is I'm happy beating the everyday Benz with a 17yr old car.
Old 03-11-2005, 01:01 PM
Banned

Bantha
Originally Posted by sillyent
True, did you ever run an E55 yet?
No, I know my limits. Like I said in my previous post. AMG's are different, they aren't as common as the everyday Benz.

My point:

I like beating/frustrating the everyday driver who thinks his SL500 can actually beat a 18yr old GT with cheap mods!! Half the time when they pull up to you at the next light, they won't even look over....thats priceless!!! I love it, especially if they have the wife/girlfriend in the car who is undoubtedly asking, "Why did you lose to that old POS Mustang? Wasn't this car was almost 100K?"
Old 03-11-2005, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
No"Why did you lose to that old POS Mustang? Wasn't this car was almost 100K?"

Why do you refer to your own pride and joy as a "POS Mustang"??
Old 03-11-2005, 01:41 PM
Banned

Bantha
Originally Posted by Chappy
Why do you refer to your own pride and joy as a "POS Mustang"??
Slow down and RE-Read my post.

<waiting>

OK understand now? "POS Mustang" it what the theoretical wife/girlfriend in the OTHER car would say to her significant other.....

Don't worry you not the first (or last) to look like a dunsky.

Jesus...some of you people have the reading comprehension skills of a chimp.
Old 03-11-2005, 01:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Slow down and RE-Read my post.

<waiting>
I realize your fictitious quote was supposed to be a an SL driver's spouse making fun of her boyfriend/husband. Then, apparently, she "owned" her own husband/boyfriend after getting gleefully dusted by your muscular beast

The point I was making is you obviously think others feel your 1987 Mustang is a POS. Either (1) you feel this way about it yourself or (2) it really IS a POS. Which is it?

I was just wondering why you felt that way about your own pride and joy, your 18-year-old Ford.

Last edited by Chappy; 03-11-2005 at 01:54 PM.
Old 03-11-2005, 02:42 PM
Banned

F248 F1
well to be honest with u...that 87 stang is still a POS to me...and always will be....no matter what ford makes it will always be a POS...you cant compare a benz to a ford...you compare benz to bmw...like my mother said to me ..."you cant compare yourself with someone thats not in your status...just by looking at you next to your friend ****** you can tell who has class and who dosent" obvioustly put a stang next to benz....which car has rep ? and like i said before in many post i hate POS that can only go fast in a straight line cmon get real ! the world isnt flat !! i thought we went over that about a gazillion years ago !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

godddd thost stupid stangs cant take a freaken 175 degree turn !!!!
Old 03-11-2005, 02:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350
Originally Posted by egutie6970
well to be honest with u...that 87 stang is still a POS to me...and always will be....no matter what ford makes it will always be a POS...you cant compare a benz to a ford...you compare benz to bmw...like my mother said to me ..."you cant compare yourself with someone thats not in your status...just by looking at you next to your friend ****** you can tell who has class and who dosent" obvioustly put a stang next to benz....which car has rep ? and like i said before in many post i hate POS that can only go fast in a straight line cmon get real ! the world isnt flat !! i thought we went over that about a gazillion years ago !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

godddd thost stupid stangs cant take a freaken 175 degree turn !!!!
a 67 Shelby GT500 or a CLK500.......hmmm.......
Old 03-11-2005, 02:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Sad turd, indeed...

Ultimately, what really matters is that at least the SL driver was going home with a human female.

tuscanraider can only (wet) dream of a real, human female behind his computer screen. Oh, occasionally, he'll "catch" a co-worker downloading **** or some nasty fetish.

It's at that point he wishes the nasty ho pictured in the sex act was truly his.

In the meantime, the lease will be up soon on his C230kSS and he'll slink over to another forum to bug the Scion owners. At least he'll then be able to show up to his class reunion at Rutgers with a car that's not 18 years old and is not leased!

So, tonight, when he tips his glass of Johnny Walker Black and caresses his NRA card and Glock 17, at least the rest of us will know that TR's right hand hasn't gotten tired of him yet.

There is *hope* for satisfaction tonight, right tuscan?

Last edited by Chappy; 03-11-2005 at 04:01 PM.
Old 03-11-2005, 04:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Whatever keys I grab first...
Ultimately, what really matters is that at least the SL driver was going home with a human female.

tuscanraider can only (wet) dream of a real, human female behind his computer screen. Oh, occasionally, he'll "catch" a co-worker downloading **** or some nasty fetish.

It's at that point he wishes the nasty ho pictured in the sex act was truly his.

In the meantime, the lease will be up soon on his C230kSS and he'll slink over to another forum to bug the Scion owners. At least he'll then be able to show up to his class reunion at Rutgers with a car that's not 18 years old and is not leased!

So, tonight, when he tips his glass of Johnny Walker Black and caresses his NRA card and Glock 17, at least the rest of us will know that TR's right hand hasn't gotten tired of him yet.

OWN3D!!!
Old 03-11-2005, 04:36 PM

///E63V10 ///F80CS ///Can-Am X3 XRS

Lol, ouch!
Old 03-11-2005, 04:53 PM
Banned

Bantha

In the meantime, the lease will be up soon on his C230kSS
Maybe I can upgrade to an old CLK next time!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Killed a E55, SL55, and CLK55