Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Damn, those Ford SVT 150 Trucks are fast!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2004, 08:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML350 '06
Damn, those Ford SVT 150 Trucks are fast!

Yeah, I said Truck!

There was one next to me at a red light. It came up really fast behind me at first but when the light turned green, he punched it (I didn't b/c a minivan turns onto my lane, making a right) and he was going pretty fast, so I move over behind him in his lane and I floor it and he's flooring it. I'm not falling behind but he got such a jump start that I wasn't making any real progress in catching him, so I just laid off. Then we near another red light but he makes a right turn into a shopping center.

I know he didn't take any pride in beating me off the light as he saw the van pull in front of me but I wish he had lined up at the next light b/c then I would have turned off my ESP and really given him a show. His truck was fast though! I looked this truck up and Car & Driver got a 0-60 in only 5.2 seconds! Wow! And 1/4 mile of 13.8 sec.! Didn't know these trucks hauled so much ****.

Nick

PS Anyone remember the GMC Cyclone truck? I think it beat a Ferrari in a test but I don't think they make it anymore.
Old 11-26-2004, 09:07 PM

'87 300D - 1995 M3
Syclones were made in '92 and '93. They had like 285HP, and thats a lot for something that wieghs that little. The SVT Lightnings have a supercharged 5.4 similar, but not tuned the same as the Ford GT. I think they supposedly have over 400HP depeneding on year.
Old 11-26-2004, 09:28 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd highly recommend going S8!
Old 11-27-2004, 02:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2 SL with every Brabus mods available & Class A competition sound system
Time for you to take it in to BRABUS........... :p
Old 11-29-2004, 06:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 C250 sport
Originally Posted by Nickerz
Yeah, I said Truck!

There was one next to me at a red light. It came up really fast behind me at first but when the light turned green, he punched it (I didn't b/c a minivan turns onto my lane, making a right) and he was going pretty fast, so I move over behind him in his lane and I floor it and he's flooring it. I'm not falling behind but he got such a jump start that I wasn't making any real progress in catching him, so I just laid off. Then we near another red light but he makes a right turn into a shopping center.

I know he didn't take any pride in beating me off the light as he saw the van pull in front of me but I wish he had lined up at the next light b/c then I would have turned off my ESP and really given him a show. His truck was fast though! I looked this truck up and Car & Driver got a 0-60 in only 5.2 seconds! Wow! And 1/4 mile of 13.8 sec.! Didn't know these trucks hauled so much ****.

Nick

PS Anyone remember the GMC Cyclone truck? I think it beat a Ferrari in a test but I don't think they make it anymore.
thats funny...ya those trucks are fast, but they sound like crap, the supercharger is so loud its almost embarassing....two kids have an SVT lightening at my high school, one a girl, and the other a guy, most likely the one you raced lol(we're both from fresno,remember?), he drives like a bat outta hell merging on to the freeway everyday
Old 11-29-2004, 06:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
Nick, I would think leaving the ESP on would maximize your launch, no? DOn't you lose a bit of a jump by spinning the tires?
Old 11-29-2004, 11:34 PM

ML350 '06
Originally Posted by RBrenton88
Nick, I would think leaving the ESP on would maximize your launch, no? DOn't you lose a bit of a jump by spinning the tires?

There was one time when I was showing my friend and his dad how fast my car launches and I had the ESP on. When I punched it, my car started to accelerate and then stopped. So much so, I thought something was wrong with the car. Of course it was the ESP doing it's job as it felt too much tire slip and basically shut down the car. So since then, I've been taking ESP off but I will ease into the throttle instead of smashing it down from a dead stop and my launches have been pretty good donig this.

Nick
Old 11-29-2004, 11:35 PM

ML350 '06
Originally Posted by akbro93704
thats funny...ya those trucks are fast, but they sound like crap, the supercharger is so loud its almost embarassing....two kids have an SVT lightening at my high school, one a girl, and the other a guy, most likely the one you raced lol(we're both from fresno,remember?), he drives like a bat outta hell merging on to the freeway everyday
Yeah, this must have been the guy then.

Nick

PS Did you see my other Kill story with the Camero SS? Have you seen this guy around town?
Old 11-30-2004, 08:41 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bantha
Originally Posted by Nickerz
Yep Cyclone was the pickup and the Typhoon was the SUV. I think they were only made 92 & 93. They were the fastest things on the road. GM discontinued them because they were faster than the 'Vette....and cheaper.