Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

911 Turbo? Oh yeah...?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 4.27 average.

Old 01-16-2005, 09:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2000 ML430
Originally Posted by Lexani
I would happily race another Porsche, I don't care if its a Carrera GT. Even if I lose, oh well... I gave it my best shot. So, than, the Porsche people ready to prove me wrong. Wow, as if I don't have my own friends with high-class vehicles of there own.

And, another question which you completly skipped: Why is it wrong for me to get defensive? Like, honestly, am I really to agree with you, to avoid conflict? Im confused, for some reason everyone uses that: "Your defensive, and shows your insecurity!" Hmmm... because you said so? Im confused.

And if you look at it that way- every race is blind ego-trip - Also, Im not saying Im unbeatable, hell, the only thing I was saying is agaisnt this vehicle, unless we run into a curve, I hold my ground.

And one more thing: By any chance, where you down the PCH, yesterday, I raced a SL55, same as yours, did not get a look at the plates. Had a friend record it (as you may already know) and I immediatly thought of you, any chance?

Any, as for my last post, I was saying it because Im tired of argueing. Its all.
Here is an intresting run between a MB and a Porsche!!!!!! http://aserverjustfor.us/videos/z28k...20Mercedes.mpg :v
Old 01-16-2005, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 W211 - 2004 MV Agusta SPR
HE WAS PROBABLY MAD BECAUSE WHEN YOUR SL BLEW HIS PORCHE AWAY, IT PUT OUT HIS CIGAR...
Old 01-16-2005, 01:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350
Originally Posted by RU_MATRX
LOL. You're comical in a rampant good way. Lexani enjoy your MB like the rest of us. I hope that you win every race for all of us to show that SL600s can't be beaten and your proof of winning overwrites everything that anyone else could possibly have experience with. I never once inferred that your story was B.S. and your sarcastic,and further defensiveness shows a lot of insecurities, but you bought what you bought so enjoy it and stop aggregating all comments as skeptical doubt focused on your one and only "race."

A little education and discussion on what you may/or may not have raced 6sp, tiptronic, unbroken-in, inexperienced driver?, you're superior driving skills with an automatic, etc. and we arrive at your conclusion that no SL600 can ever lose to a theoretically, slightly quicker Turbo 6sp (X50, GT2, etc.) or any manual Porsche TT that weighs ~1000lbs less with AWD in a short race from start.

Again, I was one of the first to never doubt your particular race. It wasn't a question mark in my mind. I just wanted to present some facts and insight so that you can better understand the reality between these 2 great vehicles, yet you continuously override my intention. My point was NOT to incite you further on making blanket statements based on your SL600 or the buffoon driving some sort of Turbo which we'll never know of. It's just very ironic that fellow MB owners on an MB-specific forum who are obviously bias towards any MB over any Porsche can rile you up so much. Personally, I love both MBs and Porsches, but will always do my best to put things into proper perspective. Disregard the first post of the race (you won, no doubt there). On a Porsche forum, just the 13pgs of discussion afterwards would have many in Southern, CA. ready and competently willing to prove you wrong. Then what? In the end, It's just a blind ego-trip between boy racers. Well, I do hope to see you around here for the long-term along with your enthusiasm.

You wouldnt happen to be a lawyer would you? My sister uses the same style of words and shes a Harvard law grad.
Old 01-16-2005, 01:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Whatever keys I grab first...
Originally Posted by 00ML430 Bulldog
Here is an intresting run between a MB and a Porsche!!!!!! http://aserverjustfor.us/videos/z28k...20Mercedes.mpg :v
Whoa! That Porsche got owned in acceleration! About the same distance between that Porsche turbo and me, on the streets. See, even with the 1-second headstart I gave him-- I managed a catch-up. Believe me now? Awesome Vid! However, in the Long-run Porsche gets my Kudos! Nice find!
Old 01-16-2005, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by outtadaloop
HE WAS PROBABLY MAD BECAUSE WHEN YOUR SL BLEW HIS PORCHE AWAY, IT PUT OUT HIS CIGAR...
Yeah, now he has to go and get another Cohebia (?)
Old 01-17-2005, 07:35 AM

ALPINA B12 5,7 Coupe #22/57
Originally Posted by outtadaloop
This video is made by Adam, a memeber at M5board.

I can belive that some here see just what you want to see.
If this is what you guys normaly define as a win, a lot of the race stories on this board start to make sence :p

The " race" did not start until they had driven up to the 180 degree turn.
The SL73 hit it just for fun, the Ruf Porsche was not into it at all from the line, that is obvious from the video. Adam was not flooring it until the end of his 2nd gear ................. How you could call that a race and claim victory is amazing.

The race was a 2 gear roll and went to 200 mph...

BTW, you claim victory by the SL and totaly forgett that the Porsche walkes away from the SL up high... kind of funny....... :p

Another thing that is obvious is, if a Porsche can run away from this Brabus thing so hard up high, dont you think it would destroy him of the line, especialy in the wet........ It should not be necessary for me to tell you that.....

This video was made during a highspeed event in England. The winner was the one with highest speed over 1 mile or so....
Adam also have a RUF CTR that is even faster than this 996 TURBO.

Last edited by Erik; 01-17-2005 at 09:56 AM.
Old 01-17-2005, 10:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Yeah, that's for sure...

....the SL got on it first in the first run, and he'd gotten off to too much of a lead for the Ruf to close the gap. I've seen faster cars lose to slower cars many times like this...

But in the second part, when they both hit it at roughly the same time, the Ruf definitely pulled him.
Old 01-17-2005, 02:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350
Originally Posted by Improviz
....the SL got on it first in the first run, and he'd gotten off to too much of a lead for the Ruf to close the gap. I've seen faster cars lose to slower cars many times like this...

But in the second part, when they both hit it at roughly the same time, the Ruf definitely pulled him.

they didnt race till the straigtaway. Ive seen a few parts of thise video, or a video like this. In one of them there is a SL65 that is just walking ferraris, and lambos.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Erik
This video is made by Adam, a memeber at M5board.

I can belive that some here see just what you want to see.
If this is what you guys normaly define as a win, a lot of the race stories on this board start to make sence :p

The " race" did not start until they had driven up to the 180 degree turn.
The SL73 hit it just for fun, the Ruf Porsche was not into it at all from the line, that is obvious from the video. Adam was not flooring it until the end of his 2nd gear ................. How you could call that a race and claim victory is amazing.

The race was a 2 gear roll and went to 200 mph...

BTW, you claim victory by the SL and totaly forgett that the Porsche walkes away from the SL up high... kind of funny....... :p

Another thing that is obvious is, if a Porsche can run away from this Brabus thing so hard up high, dont you think it would destroy him of the line, especialy in the wet........ It should not be necessary for me to tell you that.....

This video was made during a highspeed event in England. The winner was the one with highest speed over 1 mile or so....
Adam also have a RUF CTR that is even faster than this 996 TURBO.

I don't know what you mean, guv. I gave Porsche kudos for beating the SL the second run. Nice race.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:33 AM

ALPINA B12 5,7 Coupe #22/57
I don't know what you mean, guv. I gave Porsche kudos for beating the SL the second run. Nice race.
I know you gave him kudos for the "second run" , its just that is was only 1 run... ...

Whoa! That Porsche got owned in acceleration! About the same distance between that Porsche turbo and me, on the streets. See, even with the 1-second headstart I gave him-- I managed a catch-up. Believe me now? Awesome Vid!
And you did also write this......................
Old 01-18-2005, 06:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Erik
I know you gave him kudos for the "second run" , its just that is was only 1 run... ...

And you did also write this......................
Funny. To me it seemed like two runs. Sorry for the confusion. And yes- I did write that, wouldn't you know it? Guess the first straight away was a fluke.
Old 01-24-2005, 07:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

400! Woot! The thread that started it all.
Old 01-27-2005, 08:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Almost time. Im so happy.
Old 02-01-2005, 06:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
M6 Gran Coupe
Hey Lexani, what rim size and tire sizes are you running?
Old 02-01-2005, 06:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by mjr24
Hey Lexani, what rim size and tire sizes are you running?
20 inch Lexani V.P. s wrapped around Michellin 10s on back, and 9s in front. Thinking of rims?
Old 02-01-2005, 09:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The meet is almost here. I can't wait.
Old 02-02-2005, 01:38 AM
Almost a Member!

06 M3
Didn't read the whole long post, all I have to say is BRING IT

Seriously a SL600 is nice and fast, but will NOT walk away from a 996 Turbo even a Tip. Mine is chipped and exhaust and walks away from 55's like they are standing still, so a stock one would at least be even (never met with a 600, but can't be much quicker if at all than a 55). I had upgraded turbos for a few months and it just made the whole situation even worse for the MB owners
Evan
PS-I am not flaming at all, love MB AMG's, just like my plate better :v
Old 02-02-2005, 01:45 PM

Cool license plate, I have to admit! I think you'd have a tuff time backing it up if you bumped into Traynor's SL65 or other 65's with chip and exhaust upgrades like your turbo.
Old 02-02-2005, 02:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350
Originally Posted by AMG ETR

Seriously a SL600 is nice and fast, but will NOT walk away from a 996 Turbo even a Tip. Mine is chipped and exhaust and walks away from 55's like they are standing still, so a stock one would at least be even (never met with a 600, but can't be much quicker if at all than a 55). I had upgraded turbos for a few months and it just made the whole situation even worse for the MB owners
Evan

O baby thats sexy *** car. Is that with the GT2 appearence package or what?
Old 02-02-2005, 07:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Evan
Yeah-- bring the mods on. Chip. Exhaust. Ofcourse, I mean, the Porsche obviously has to be the underdog-- I mean; Stock vs. Stock, is no good. But MOD vs. Stock, yeah. Ofcourse your modded Porsche will walk my STOCK SL600, but what are you going to brag about? You beat a stock Benz with your modded Porsche? BTW: Better pray MKB doesn't finish my car by the meet, or Im going to eat you alive! And, thats a promise. Unless your too scared to show up. :v BRING IT.
Old 02-02-2005, 07:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by EuroCoupe
Cool license plate, I have to admit! I think you'd have a tuff time backing it up if you bumped into Traynor's SL65 or other 65's with chip and exhaust upgrades like your turbo.
Ofcourse he would-- its why he picks on stock cars.
Old 02-02-2005, 07:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Evan,

Did you know, I can draw your car, with my tires?

Did you also know, the Porsche I raced was stock?

Did you also know that a 911 Turbo, pulls a 12.4 through the 1/4 mile, and a flat 4 to 60? Stock-- and on perfect shifts? Your not Mario Andretti, are you?

Did you know, that I can consistenly pull 3.6 to 60, and 11.9 through the 1/4? Stock-- and consistently, even better with drags?

Did you know, that a SL55 AMG, pulls a 4.3 to 60, and a 12.5 through the 1/4 mile?

Not much faster, eh? AMG ETR. How lame, its what I see on Hondas, like: CBRAETR (Cobra Eater) or on Mustangs: CHVYETR (Chevy Eater), do me a favour, grow a pair, and lets settle this stock to stock.

(times pulled off sc.net)
Old 02-02-2005, 10:40 PM
Almost a Member!

06 M3
Easy fellas... My post was mostly joking... Like I said I like benz's!! Thanks for the compliments on my car... Its just a GT2 wing and I have Gemballa areodynamics in the front...
I agree I would have trouble with a modded SL65, trust me I don't take the plate seriously, I had it on my Dinan S2 M5 b4 this car and b4 all the supercharged 55's....

Lexani: Pretty insecure huh? I never once bashed your car, or said mine was faster than yours stock... All I did was state that I thought a stock Turbo and SL600 would be a close race according to numbers, that a 600 would not walk away from a Turbo as you described.. To post 3 different posts you must have gotten pretty damn upset and wrote faster than you could think, no? CHILL no one would dare question your all mighty SL600... I don't "pick on" stock AMG's, or any car for that matter. I don't believe in street racing.. Does that mean I haven't runa few cars on the street? No, I have, but I don't go looking for a race. I am not bragging that I beat a stock Benz, simply stating what happened... BTW I only have 2K in performance upgrades, so don't make it like I have a crazy modded car or anything... Now what meet are you talking about?? I am in FL, you are in CA... If you would like to drive down here I would be more than happy to run you at a track (1/4mile or road course), if you beat the car my bike is next . Making fun of my plate?? Seriously grow up, very insecure. You are the first MB owner to make negative comments about it...
Evan
PS-Your consistant times don't stand a chance so I would suggest some radials if you do come down here...

Last edited by AMG ETR; 02-02-2005 at 10:42 PM.
Old 02-02-2005, 11:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2 SL with every Brabus mods available & Class A competition sound system
My Brabus car can kill the SL 600 & the 911 turbo........It so fast, all I have to do is think and I already there..... ...lol..........just joking....... :p
Old 02-03-2005, 12:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Easy fellas... My post was mostly joking... Like I said I like benz's!! Thanks for the compliments on my car... Its just a GT2 wing and I have Gemballa areodynamics in the front...
I agree I would have trouble with a modded SL65, trust me I don't take the plate seriously, I had it on my Dinan S2 M5 b4 this car and b4 all the supercharged 55's....

Lexani: Pretty insecure huh? I never once bashed your car, or said mine was faster than yours stock... All I did was state that I thought a stock Turbo and SL600 would be a close race according to numbers, that a 600 would not walk away from a Turbo as you described.. To post 3 different posts you must have gotten pretty damn upset and wrote faster than you could think, no? CHILL no one would dare question your all mighty SL600... I don't "pick on" stock AMG's, or any car for that matter. I don't believe in street racing.. Does that mean I haven't runa few cars on the street? No, I have, but I don't go looking for a race. I am not bragging that I beat a stock Benz, simply stating what happened... BTW I only have 2K in performance upgrades, so don't make it like I have a crazy modded car or anything... Now what meet are you talking about?? I am in FL, you are in CA... If you would like to drive down here I would be more than happy to run you at a track (1/4mile or road course), if you beat the car my bike is next . Making fun of my plate?? Seriously grow up, very insecure. You are the first MB owner to make negative comments about it...
Evan
PS-Your consistant times don't stand a chance so I would suggest some radials if you do come down here...

Please excuse my... behaviour... not my best of days really... MKB is lagging with my kit-- work is becoming... difficult, you know, the whole deal.

I love your car--- awesome, just I find that plate insulting. Might be just me. Also, insecurity does not come from negative comments; negative comments, are just that-- don't take it to heart. If someone doesn't like my SL600 and swears their *Porsche* is faster, I dont take that as insecurity, I take it as damn brave. LOL, , I think we got off on the wrong foot, honestly, please accept my apologies, and I hope we can start over.

Oh, and only two of those three was meant for you-- I could have said it all in one post-- but Im a postwhore. Hahaha... oh... getting out really helped. I had my SL6 (black) in the shop for like a week, got it back today and, its a godsend. I had a C230 rental-- bit crap. oh, Im rambling, yeah, anyways, the meet is this Saturday, nevermind, I did not see you lived in Florida. My mistake. Nice car, keep the kills coming, and post some stories. Looking forward towards argueing with you. J/k. Have a nice day.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 4.27 average.

Quick Reply: 911 Turbo? Oh yeah...?