Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

911 Turbo? Oh yeah...?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 4.27 average.

Old 12-16-2004, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whatever keys I grab first...
911 Turbo? Oh yeah...?

First, Im new here, and I would like to say hello to every member here, I own a black 04 SL600, with Lexani VPs on it, a 03 E55, a 04 CLK 55, and a SL500, and I have been going around alot of forums trying to find a place where a MB enthusiast, such as myself, can fit in. Hope I found it. And this is my story...

I was rolling down the PCH, in S. Cali. in my SL600, and I pass a Porsche Delearship right? And as I pass by a brand spankin new Porsche 911 Turbo busts out, and gets right in my ***. I was like, whatever, until he juked from behind me to the next lane and slammed on the gas. Oh boy, he had it coming, or so I thought, there was a red light in front of us, we both slowed down, he was a gentlemen in about his late 40s to early 50s, had a cigar in his mouth, I wanted to laugh, he had his window lowered, he glanced at my vehicle and than looked at me, motioning me to lower my window. So I did. "Nice car." He says. "Thanks." I reply, he revvs his engine, and yells "Turbo." I laugh and say "Twin Turbo." I did not rev, but I knew he got the message He sees my V12 placed next to my Lexanis. And does a little: "Hmph!" and proceeds to rev his engine. I raise my window, pissed that I lowered it right after getting a car wash. It left streaks you know. And the light snapped green. And everything thereforth was lost in blur as all 600 lbs of Torque slammed into me, rocketing me off the line, the Porsche growing smaller and smaller in the rear view. This time I couldnt hold it in, I deserved a grin, I even had my ESP on. Loser. At the next light, he lowered his window, and I followed. "I just got it, I still need to get cut-outs and a chip in it." I looked at him but din't respond, and when the light turned green a few minutes later and he slammed on the gas, I waited a full second and than some, before proceeding to unleash the beast. And suddenly it seemed he stopped in his tracks, lights turning into long shinning lights, everything was at a standstill. People watching, jaws dropping, heads snapping, everything going through my mind within a second, and than, i caught up with time, or it caught up with me, because the Porsche was so far back, I come to wonder, why he even bothered. He must have gone home and been like afterwards proceeding back to the delearship, finding the salesperson and taking a chair to him

Last edited by Lexani; 12-16-2004 at 08:50 PM.
Old 12-16-2004, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

And a pic, of my SL600 for those who have never seen one, or would like to see mine.
Attached Thumbnails 911 Turbo? Oh yeah...?-x1.jpeg   911 Turbo? Oh yeah...?-b71.jpeg  
Old 12-16-2004, 08:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

09' 335i coupe
lmao nice kill
Old 12-16-2004, 08:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ano0oj
lmao nice kill
Thanks. I wasn't entirely sure I could take him. But, I knew I wasn't going down without a fight.
Old 12-16-2004, 09:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
beautifull car man, Nowadays our benzes can give a good run to any car out there, And beat it! Those folks in Porsches and Bentlys do not realise that. But it's defenetly funny to look at their faces on the next trafic light eh?
Old 12-16-2004, 09:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by BoBcanada
beautifull car man, Nowadays our benzes can give a good run to any car out there, And beat it! Those folks in Porsches and Bentlys do not realise that. But it's defenetly funny to look at their faces on the next trafic light eh?
Haha... finally someone shares my views on such a topic. Yes, indeed. The look is priceless, but whats more is prolly what there thinking when they go to sleep, lying to themselves, saying that they could have beaten us, they just din't try. Thanks for the comment about my vehicle, its nice to hear those once in awhile.
Old 12-17-2004, 12:00 AM

'87 300D - 1995 M3
Thats a sick car man.
Old 12-17-2004, 12:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Dunkie
Thats a sick car man.
Thank you. Gee, everyone here, is making me feel, so comfortable. Thanks.
Old 12-17-2004, 03:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

nice car, nice kill story
surely those porsche dudes know how fast AMGs are?
why they bother
Old 12-17-2004, 10:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Jon200
nice car, nice kill story
surely those porsche dudes know how fast AMGs are?
why they bother
Prolly he figured me for a SL500, you know we look alike, and when he noticed I was a SL6, he din't want to back down and seem like a coward.
Old 12-17-2004, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK500/Range Rover HSE/E55 AMG/Bmw 328Xi coupe/BMW 4.8x/Bmw 335i/GS350/Audi S5/E350
YOu should show us some more pics of your other cars...maybe a lineup...those are some sick cars you have there!
Old 12-17-2004, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Good kill...
Old 12-17-2004, 05:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by x-tian-230k
YOu should show us some more pics of your other cars...maybe a lineup...those are some sick cars you have there!
Oh, I have them up at rankmyride dot com, haven't been there in awhile, have all four cars. Thanks for the comment, really makes my day to know some people out there, love to see a Benz roll down the street, even more so, if its mine.
Old 12-18-2004, 03:25 AM

ALPINA B12 5,7 Coupe #22/57
Originally Posted by Lexani

.............he revvs his engine, and yells "Turbo." I laugh and say "Twin Turbo." I did not rev, but I knew he got the message He sees my V12 placed next to my Lexanis. And does a little: "Hmph!" and proceeds to rev his engine. I raise my window, pissed that I lowered it right after getting a car wash. It left streaks you know. And the light snapped green. And everything thereforth was lost in blur as all 600 lbs of Torque slammed into me, rocketing me off the line, the Porsche growing smaller and smaller in the rear view.
Good kill , although I have some problems beliving the smaller and smaller part unless he gave up..... :p

Same goes for your next race, your SL is fast as hell but not fast enough to play with a 996 Turbo like you explained here.....

I am supprised you can sit and wait for more than a sec while a 996 Turbo is going 100%, then floor it and within a few sec pass him and leave him so far back as you indicated.......

If I am not mistaken the SL600 and the SL55 is very close in performance, at least from what I have seen in European test. The 996 Turbo is in the same territory, thats why I am supprised to read that you totaly destroyed such a car.

Anyway, anything is possible on the streets.

BTW: I do not mean to insult you or anything you obviously have a great tast in cars and your car look stunning, but I cannot understand your choise of wheels They look a bit out of place, IMO more suited for riced up japs.......
Imagine your car with a set of BBS LeMans wheels.
Old 12-18-2004, 03:32 AM

Nothing
Oh, I have them up at rankmyride dot com, haven't been there in awhile, have all four cars.
A link please.
Old 12-18-2004, 04:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350
Originally Posted by Erik
Good kill , although I have some problems beliving the smaller and smaller part unless he gave up..... :p

Same goes for your next race, your SL is fast as hell but not fast enough to play with a 996 Turbo like you explained here.....

I am supprised you can sit and wait for more than a sec while a 996 Turbo is going 100%, then floor it and within a few sec pass him and leave him so far back as you indicated.......

If I am not mistaken the SL600 and the SL55 is very close in performance, at least from what I have seen in European test. The 996 Turbo is in the same territory, thats why I am supprised to read that you totaly destroyed such a car.

Anyway, anything is possible on the streets.

BTW: I do not mean to insult you or anything you obviously have a great tast in cars and your car look stunning, but I cannot understand your choise of wheels They look a bit out of place, IMO more suited for riced up japs.......
Imagine your car with a set of BBS LeMans wheels.
Maybe a tiptronic? a Manual would eat a SL600, or SL55, 11.8 1/4 mile. Very fast cars indeed.
Old 12-18-2004, 04:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A bucket on wheels
pardon my upcoming rudenss but i can't believe you...let me explain why.
The pictures you have presented are very poor and they do not prove you do in fact own them. Here is my big argument, i can't believe that a man who owns such nice yet expensive cars would speak and write about your incounter the way you did. I am just going to stereotype you for one minute and say you must be at least over 25 at which point i don't understand why you would use the word loser? seems kind of childish to me...

okay sorry about that^^^ its been a long night
Old 12-18-2004, 01:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ok... whew... got alot to get too...
Erik: Well, he said it was new, he said he had just got it, pherhaps not broken in it, or may tiptronic. I don't know. And why does everybody say 996 Turbo? It was a 911 Turbo. Different things. And Erik, with all due respect, as far as performance, my SL600 would tear a SL55 limp from limp. I was shopping at a local store, a few days back, and I had found a magazine, in which they tested the SL65, and the SL600 was faster, here is the link:
http://www.caranddriver.com/article....&page_number=1
Copy and paste, read the article and get back to me.
As for my wheels, they are Lexani. I know the owner of H&W Motorsports down in Huntington Beach, and he got me the wheels, said they were for luxury vehicles, I trusted him, they really do look better in person, I assure you. Thank you for your comment though, I naturally don't get mixed reviews.

AMGFANATIC:
Im assuming you mean a link to the rankmyride, correct? If so, its below, you can check any of my four vehicles:
http://www.rankmyride.com/?page=cars/view&CID=4886
Hope you like them! The Pepsi if for verification, in order for that site to believe you have your vehicles, they requested you put a coke can next to them. I don't drink coke, I prefer Pepsi. Enjoy.

FIXEDupW209: I see exactly where your coming from, please, I go through this everywhere I go, until everyone checks the link above and than we can all go about talking about our vehicles. Ok, let me get straight to it, the pictures, yes I know, there not high-resolution, I need a new camera, and plan on getting one for Christmas as a present to myself, or some other time, and plan on getting more photos. When I get them, you shall be informed. As for my encounter, Im sorry for writing the way I do, whilst Im not from America, I try to write as best I can, pardon me in whichever errors you may see. As for the word loser, well, I tell it how it is, be it childish or not. And if I was 25, and had these vehicles, oh my... that would be interesting, to say the least. I used loser, because well no other word came to mind as to what he became. My apologies for using the word. Thank you for your concerns about me and my vehicles, but I assure you, I own them. Prove it, I will, pherhaps either at the next local meet, or by other means. And you where not rude at all, think nothing of it please.

Hope everyone likes my pictures! I will get high-resolution pics soon, and shall post them up at rankmyride. Also of special note: I no longer own the CLK55, lost it two months ago. Either ways, thanks for your comments and concerns. Next time, I'll keep a video camera with me in the passenger seat.
Old 12-18-2004, 05:55 PM

911-964-993-996 and finaly 997

Ok... whew... got alot to get too...
Erik: Well, he said it was new, he said he had just got it, pherhaps not broken in it, or may tiptronic. I don't know. And why does everybody say 996 Turbo? It was a 911 Turbo. Different things. And Erik, with all due respect, as far as performance, my SL600 would tear a SL55 limp from limp. I was shopping at a local store, a few days back, and I had found a magazine, in which they tested the SL65, and the SL600 was faster, here is the link:

Hi

First of all a small education in all friendelyness. You said brand new Porsche, that means its an 996 TURBO (or in fact a 997 model), also a BiTurbo BTW. But its not that strange that you get confused. The 911 term is still used, but the correct name is 996, today they are called 997. Before the 996 you had the 993 and before that I belive it was the 964. But the 911 is still used and are just as good.
If you tell someone you got a 911, they may ask "what type" you answer the 993 BiTurbo, the reply will then be " ohh that one, the most beutifull of all the 911`s....

The 993-996 and 997 is almost like BMW use E39 for the "old" 5 series and E60 for the new and MB used the 124 series and all the rest that I do not know.

Could not acces the link you gave me. I am no MB expert but I would expect the SL65 to totaly murder the SL600 with more then 100+ more Hp and a lot more torque.
The SL600 has app 500hp probably underrated, then SL55 are rated in the 475hp also strongly underated, so I can not se why the SL600 should be a lot faster than the SL55.

Since the SL65 will hit 125 mph in app 12 sec, the SL55 in app 14sec almost the same as the 996 Turbo. My guess is that the SL600 is inbetween, and there for not a car you should "toy" with if you would like to win a race....
If you should be lucky enough ton run into the newst GT2 version you are in trouble..... big trouble.....You need a SL65 and then some to be sure of victory against that monster ....

Last edited by Erik; 12-18-2004 at 05:57 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-18-2004, 07:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

"First of all a small education in all friendelyness. You said brand new Porsche, that means its an 996 TURBO (or in fact a 997 model), also a BiTurbo BTW. But its not that strange that you get confused. The 911 term is still used, but the correct name is 996, today they are called 997. Before the 996 you had the 993 and before that I belive it was the 964. But the 911 is still used and are just as good.
If you tell someone you got a 911, they may ask "what type" you answer the 993 BiTurbo, the reply will then be " ohh that one, the most beutifull of all the 911`s.... "

Well... if its a 996 or 997, why does it say 911 on the back. Im sorry for not understanding this. Im so confused. And, you say he had a BiTurbo as well, so why in fact did he say "Turbo."? And also below is part of the article:

"What you don't get with the SL65, oddly enough, is a time that is faster to 60 mph than the SL600's, a car that costs a mere $130,820. The SL600 does the deed in 3.6 seconds, the $182,720 SL65's best time was 3.8 seconds. Please don't call urging that we take competence tests. The "problem," as we've said, with the SL65 is that it doesn't have adequate traction to handle the horsepower hysteria. The rear tires have the same width as the SL600's, despite the AMG car's additional 111 horses and 148 pound-feet." C&D

So, hope that clears up that issue.

"Could not acces the link you gave me. I am no MB expert but I would expect the SL65 to totaly murder the SL600 with more then 100+ more Hp and a lot more torque.
The SL600 has app 500hp probably underrated, then SL55 are rated in the 475hp also strongly underated, so I can not se why the SL600 should be a lot faster than the SL55."

Iam godsmacked my self, a suprise indeed, but everything aside, its faster because... well, to be honest with you, I do not know. All I know is, I should defeat a 55 or 65, granted I encounter one.

"Since the SL65 will hit 125 mph in app 12 sec, the SL55 in app 14sec almost the same as the 996 Turbo. My guess is that the SL600 is inbetween, and there for not a car you should "toy" with if you would like to win a race....
If you should be lucky enough to run into the newst GT2 version you are in trouble..... big trouble.....You need a SL65 and then some to be sure of victory against that monster ...."

GT2? Gimme a break. I heard the E55 is faster. May not be true, but I heard it. So, if I ever run into, you'll find it at kill stories. To find more info, go and pickup the new C&D magazine, its actually quite interesting.

So, I guess, its a mystery as to why its faster. I don't know. I simply do not know. Oh, I meant everything I said in a nice manner, I reread it through, and it sounds mean, so just letting you know, I meant everything in a nice way.
Old 12-19-2004, 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by FIXEDupW209
pardon my upcoming rudenss but i can't believe you...let me explain why.
The pictures you have presented are very poor and they do not prove you do in fact own them. Here is my big argument, i can't believe that a man who owns such nice yet expensive cars would speak and write about your incounter the way you did. I am just going to stereotype you for one minute and say you must be at least over 25 at which point i don't understand why you would use the word loser? seems kind of childish to me...

okay sorry about that^^^ its been a long night
Igree, sounds like prime BS.
Old 12-19-2004, 05:22 AM

Well... if its a 996 or 997, why does it say 911 on the back. Im sorry for not understanding this. Im so confused. And, you say he had a BiTurbo as well, so why in fact did he say "Turbo."? And also below is part of the article:

Well a Bi-Turbo is also a Turbo right. I do not belive many would answer Bi-Turbo, they probably just say Turbo....

This is maybe starting to get OT, but I try to explain the 911 thing.

Here is a pic of the Mother of the 911 from the late 50 ties, the 356.

In 1963 Porsche made 4 prototypes called 901. But Peugeot was claiming they had the right to that name and Porsche changed it to 911. The 911 term has since then been used on all the rear engine Porsche cars. To seperate the different modelchanges and evelotions they have used the different combinations like, 935 (race car), 964, 993, 996 and finaly 997. Here is some pics of the different models.

1st gen.Porshce 911-901.1963 mod.

2nd gen Porsche 911Turbo-911 1974 model. 260 Hp Turbo 3.0 Turbo.

3rd gen Porsche 911 - 964 1992 model.

4th gen and the last aircooled engine. Porsche 911 Turbo S - 993 1993 model.

5th gen Porsche 911 Turbo - 996 Turbo 2003 model.

5 th gen Porsche 911 - 996 GT2........483 Hp 1420 Kg ( 3100 punds)

http://content2.eu.porsche.com/prod/...ighlightsintro
6th gen Porsche 911 - 997 from 2004 model.'

Check this link for more info if you are interessted-
http://www.pictures-of-cars.com/PCGB...orsche-911.htm
http://www.autospies.com/article/ind...9&categoryId=9

"What you don't get with the SL65, oddly enough, is a time that is faster to 60 mph than the SL600's, a car that costs a mere $130,820. The SL600 does the deed in 3.6 seconds, the $182,720 SL65's best time was 3.8 seconds. Please don't call urging that we take competence tests. The "problem," as we've said, with the SL65 is that it doesn't have adequate traction to handle the horsepower hysteria. The rear tires have the same width as the SL600's, despite the AMG car's additional 111 horses and 148 pound-feet." C&D

So, hope that clears up that issue.
I agree, that result does reflect a traction problem, once you get passed the speed where that matter its bye bye. Its no question of what car is fastest.
Still I am a little supprised about the numbers.

GT2? Gimme a break. I heard the E55 is faster. May not be true, but I heard it. So, if I ever run into, you'll find it at kill stories.
I am sorry to say, you are totaly missinformed. The GT2 will beat the E55 alive just about anything.

Oh, I meant everything I said in a nice manner, I reread it through, and it sounds mean, so just letting you know, I meant everything in a nice way.

Me to

Last edited by Erik; 12-19-2004 at 05:32 AM.
Old 12-19-2004, 09:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350
Hell a GT3 will beat a E55 and its 380 N/A.

The Correct way to say it is Porsche 911 (then generation type) then model type.

Example.

Porsche 911 996 GT2, or Porsche 911 997 Carrera S.
Old 12-19-2004, 09:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350
Also never go by Car mags for your car stats. They are usually slower than what actual drivers get.
Old 12-19-2004, 11:40 AM

05 e55 come march24 05
i too have a hard time with this one. Anything can happen on the street .
I'm sure the 996 was not racing you. A well driven 996 turbo would eat a heavy sl600 with big bling wheels for lunch and dinnner. So i'm sure you did leave this guy in the dust but don't think you can take 996 turbo's all day long. Have fun enjoy and be safe

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 4.27 average.

Quick Reply: 911 Turbo? Oh yeah...?