Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Lexani's SL600 vs. SL55 AMG PLUS VIDEO!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 2.54 average.

Old 01-02-2005, 08:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whatever keys I grab first...
Lexani's SL600 vs. SL55 AMG PLUS VIDEO!

READ FIRST, WATCH LATER!

So, today Ladies and gentlemen, I was out with a friend, on a nice day. Heading south down the PCH. And what do you know? A SL55 AMG, starts a fight. It was awesome! So, below you will find the link for the video, and this video proves two things,
1: For those skeptic people, that I own the SL600
2: SL600 is faster than SL55

We punched it a total of 3 times, and each time, I gave him at least a one second head-start. The SL55 is rutheless, and sounds like a demon that escaped hell! After we raced we both gave each other thumbs up, and continued on our way.

We did not exceed 100 MPH, and it was odd, everytime I started pulling on him, from the head starts, he hit the brakes, so we never got to go too fast, but it was an amazing race none-the-less. I punched it only once, full throttle, and that was at the last race, where I had big-time catch-up to do. Anyways, enough of me yapping away, enjoy the race.

BTW: Did I ever mention, I love Hip-Hop and Rap? No? Well, I do, so its playing in the background, kind of drowns out both of our engines, but, oh well... I never wanted to tell anyone about my music prefrences, because immediatly I would have been cited as a poser, but now with this footage, and the pictures I have taken, it should pretty much clear me up. However, if you turn your volume up, you can hear his V8, a monster, I tell you. I give big kudos to all SL55 owners alike.

Also: To all the East Coast people watching the video, I added in a little drive at the end of the video, of the West Coast, enjoy!

One more thing, I don't know who wins, this could be a heated discussion. And it should be noted, yet again, that I have him a head start all three times! And still managed a catch up.

Last edited by Lexani; 01-02-2005 at 08:48 PM.
Old 01-02-2005, 08:37 PM

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
BMW M850i Gran Coupe
And the link is ... ?
Old 01-02-2005, 08:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MBZFAN55
And the link is ... ?
Ah, where did it go!? Nooooo!!!! One minute...
Old 01-02-2005, 08:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ok, I have two stupid problems, and the sooner, someone can help me with them, the sooner, you can see the movie and photos. Ok:
1. How do I link the video to the thread?
2. How do I downsize my pictures?
For some stupid reason, the movie will not upload, its Quicktime, and the pictures are too big, so how do I go about solving these two problems?

Last edited by Lexani; 01-02-2005 at 09:06 PM.
Old 01-02-2005, 08:57 PM

BMW M850i Gran Coupe
I'll keep the Porsche/BMW boys at bay (remember them? ) while you get help uploading the video link. I'm sure the video will be just as enjoyable as the story.
Old 01-02-2005, 09:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Old 01-03-2005, 12:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 C300, sport, black/black
Originally Posted by Lexani
Ok, I have two stupid problems, and the sooner, someone can help me with them, the sooner, you can see the movie and photos. Ok:
1. How do I link the video to the thread?
2. How do I downsize my pictures?
For some stupid reason, the movie will not upload, its Quicktime, and the pictures are too big, so how do I go about solving these two problems?
How big is the quicktime file? I think the attachment size limit is 1.14 mb.
Old 01-03-2005, 03:01 AM

o damn the suspense......send it to me, ill upload to my website and link. duy@faded-inc.com
Old 01-03-2005, 10:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by fadedinc
o damn the suspense......send it to me, ill upload to my website and link. duy@faded-inc.com
LOL, the earliest anyone is seeing this little video is, by 4:30 -5:00 Pacific Time, Im at work right now- decided to see whats going on at the forums- so anyways, I'll send the video to fadeinc, don't know how long it is though.
Old 01-03-2005, 11:02 AM

03 C32 AMG Blk/Blk
LOL, the earliest anyone is seeing this little video is, by 4:30 -5:00 Pacific Time, Im at work right now- decided to see whats going on at the forums- so anyways, I'll send the video to fadeinc, don't know how long it is though.
Send the video on over to me at doofoo@ods.org. I have hosted a few C32/C55 videos. Have a lot of bandwidth available and won't take it down any time soon so it'll be available in the future.

-Mike
Old 01-03-2005, 07:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

o damn the suspense..... duy@faded-inc.com
Old 01-03-2005, 07:44 PM

BMW M850i Gran Coupe
When has work EVER interfered with MBWorld posts ? Get your priorities straightened out so we can see these videos in a more timely fashion !
Old 01-03-2005, 07:48 PM

The guy happens to wait till he races someone to post a vid or pictures of his car?

Don't they allow you to upload stuff at Kindergarten?
Old 01-03-2005, 07:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by athlon70
The guy happens to wait till he races someone to post a vid or pictures of his car?

Don't they allow you to upload stuff at Kindergarten?
Yes, infact they do. However, I did not upload my video to my work computer smart one. So, if I had the camera at work, true, I could, but I dont now do I?

WOW! What is wrong with everybody today. Like everyone takes a shot at me. Haterz.

Relax, friend, you'll get your video. Geez. And when exactly did you want me to upload the race footage? Before I raced? .... Well... yeah, makes sense.
Old 01-03-2005, 07:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MBZFAN55
When has work EVER interfered with MBWorld posts ? Get your priorities straightened out so we can see these videos in a more timely fashion !
Funny. Real funny.
Old 01-05-2005, 12:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Im sorry fellow MB enthusiasts, and members whos hopes I rose, for as of this point was for nothing. The video shall not be posted up, due to technical problems. I have tried, time and time again to send it to doofoo and time and time again, all he gets is a photo. I apologize for this thread, and hopefully in the future I can find out how to work this thing.
Old 01-05-2005, 01:05 AM

oh cmon you cant just go out without a fight. u cant cry wolf and expect us not to come! we want to see a wolf cot dammit. send me the file duy@faded-inc.com what kind of format is it? did u download it off your digital camera to your comp?
Old 01-05-2005, 01:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

oh cmon you cant just go out without a fight. u cant cry wolf and expect us not to come! we want to see a wolf cot dammit. send me the file duy@faded-inc.com what kind of format is it? did u download it off your digital camera to your comp?
Funny stuff. Its in quicktime format, but when I sent it to doofoo, it cae up as picture of my speedometer. I uploaded it up from my camera to Final Cut Pro HD, and cut it and took out meanigless footage, saved, and converted it to quicktime. So... I clueless.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:49 AM

hmmm..

All talking about a video that isn't even posted! I smell
Old 01-05-2005, 12:38 PM
Banned

Bantha
I see a bull over there......it is ****ting....I think it's name is Lexani.
Old 01-05-2005, 04:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by tuscanraider
I see a bull over there......it is ****ting....I think it's name is Lexani.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350
i believe you that your SL600 beat the 55. I saw a very nice silver one 2 days ago going down the 5 right past the burbank exit i got next to it and rolled my windows down to hear it, very nice car indeed. Ive never heard the v12 mercs past 3000 rpms. What would you say they sound like?
Old 01-05-2005, 08:03 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2007 CL600
Originally Posted by CLK430ROB
All talking about a video that isn't even posted! I smell
I wonder how many of you doubting his story have actually driven both an SL600 and an SL55. I can tell you from personal experience that the 600 will bury the 55. My brother has a 55 and I recently purchased an '05 600 and test drove the 55 extensively. The 55 is fast and sporty, but it doesn't have the brute force that the 600 has. Also, Before I bought my CL500, I looked at CPO CL55 (I test drove them six times-my salesperson was very patient) for a little more $ and was disappointed and felt that the CL500 was a better everyday driver (and that the 55 wasn't worth the extra money). My SL600 is in a different category and IMHO a better car for everyday driving--it's faster, smoother, quieter and more comfortable for not much more $. Screw the depreciation assocaited with the V12s.

I'm sure that Lexani put an a$$ whuppin' on that SL55 that'll make him think twice.
Old 01-06-2005, 12:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by DancingBenzos
i believe you that your SL600 beat the 55. I saw a very nice silver one 2 days ago going down the 5 right past the burbank exit i got next to it and rolled my windows down to hear it, very nice car indeed. Ive never heard the v12 mercs past 3000 rpms. What would you say they sound like?
The SL55, sounds very much so like a Muscle Car, in my opinion. If, I can ever get the video up here, you will hear my passenger, say: "Damn, was that him!?" In shock, as the SL55 takes off. Amazing. My SL600, or any SL600s for that matter, sound- I don't know, its rather hard to explain, I have only heard it once from the outside, I let one of my friends drive it down my street, no pushing it, and it sounds very nice, very euro-tuned, I guess you can say. I love it. I do believe the SL55 is louder, but the SL600 has more, more-- exotic flavour, if you will. Rather hard to explain. I just wish, I could get this video up here, oh well, this turn of events has inspired me to get a PC, I use a G4, so maybe I need a PC, Im probably going to buy one within the next few weeks. I don't know, in the mean time however, Im keeping the camera- and my friend in the SL6 on weekends, and when I figure out how to get videos up here, I'll post them. Best I can do- and if, for some people it smells like "BS", Im sorry, nothing really I can do. Very rude, by the way, espically when I did or said nothing to insult anyone, of this Im sure. Oh well- if it goes around...
Old 01-06-2005, 12:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by WIldcat465
I wonder how many of you doubting his story have actually driven both an SL600 and an SL55. I can tell you from personal experience that the 600 will bury the 55. My brother has a 55 and I recently purchased an '05 600 and test drove the 55 extensively. The 55 is fast and sporty, but it doesn't have the brute force that the 600 has. Also, Before I bought my CL500, I looked at CPO CL55 (I test drove them six times-my salesperson was very patient) for a little more $ and was disappointed and felt that the CL500 was a better everyday driver (and that the 55 wasn't worth the extra money). My SL600 is in a different category and IMHO a better car for everyday driving--it's faster, smoother, quieter and more comfortable for not much more $. Screw the depreciation assocaited with the V12s.

I'm sure that Lexani put an a$$ whuppin' on that SL55 that'll make him think twice.
Indeed. I don't even believe he knew I had a V12, until he took off to show me whos boss (thinking Im a 500- because of my discreetly placed V12), and even after a brief head-start- wow, I give those alot- I still managed a catch-up like cake. He was laughing- and had his wife with him.

However, what is this depreciation value you speak off, I know not of it, may I inquire, as to what you were referring too- if its not too much trouble. Thank you!

Funny thing; I had a chance to get a '03 CL55, instead of my SL600, for only 3K down, I refused. I had to have the SL600, I actually like its sleeper like apperance. Although, in a few weeks, it shall disappear, and a fabulous Lorinser kit shall replace it. Can't wait! BTW: Do you have any pics of your SL600?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 2.54 average.

Quick Reply: Lexani's SL600 vs. SL55 AMG PLUS VIDEO!