Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

E55 vs IS300 TurboooooooOooo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 02:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E350
Originally Posted by Lexani
Lets add all the elements in such an equation, shall we?

For the Ferrari F50 Twin Turbo
Super light car + a lot of power= X

for the Dodge Viper Hennessey
Insane amount of power+ heavier vehicle= X

The Viper wieghs 3300lbs. While the Ferrari F50 weighs in at: 2700, so you do the math. I assume weight has a lot to do with it.

Not the hennesey pieces of ****s, where hennesey will actually steal your parts. Im not doubting this car could, but im asking if it has and has it been built? Also a Koenigsegg CC8R might beat the Maccas record, if they can get it to go all out at nardo.
Old 01-09-2005, 02:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whatever keys I grab first...
Originally Posted by DancingBenzos
Not the hennesey pieces of ****s, where hennesey will actually steal your parts. Im not doubting this car could, but im asking if it has and has it been built? Also a Koenigsegg CC8R might beat the Maccas record, if they can get it to go all out at nardo.
Maccas? Come again?
Old 01-09-2005, 08:01 PM

ALPINA B12 5,7 Coupe #22/57
http://www.koenig-specials.com/
Ferrari
F50

I figure this one is telling the turth. Think about it- Fast-autos has nothing to lose, by posting false numbers, Koenig however, could and would be sued for False Advertisement.
If you should sue every tuner making dream like figures you would have your hands full of work for several years.

I have been in the buisiness and could tell you some stories you would not belive.....

I was working with one of the honest once, ............but I picked up a few stories not good about other companies.

Koeningg have made fast cars, in fact some are extremly fast, but they had a tendency to add a little extra for attention.....

We test drove an M635 csi with a twin turbo setup ( I think it was) with claimed 400 +++ HP, it was fast allright but our ALPINA B7 with only 330 Hp would have driven circles around it ( well almost, it sure was faster).
In addition to that the car was so uggly I almost puked.....
Old 01-09-2005, 08:02 PM

Maccas? Come again?

I think he means the Maclaren F1, still the number one after more than 10 years......
Old 01-09-2005, 09:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Erik
I think he means the Maclaren F1, still the number one after more than 10 years......
Nope. Wrong again, its called the Bugatti Veyron 16/4... :v Hehe, no seriously though I think the ME412 should be a tough challenge for it, and if not the TVR Speed 12 takes the cake, I think.
Old 01-10-2005, 01:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350
Nope. Wrong again, its called the Bugatti Veyron 16/4... :v Hehe, no seriously though I think the ME412 should be a tough challenge for it, and if not the TVR Speed 12 takes the cake, I think.
ME412 is not coming to production, the TVR would get destroyed by a Macca F1, and the Buggatti will probably never see the light of day in its 1000/1001 set up. Not to mention how much its gonna break down. AWD `1001 lb feet of torque manual? Can you say ****ed up differentials, not to mention good bye clutch. The McLaren will always be the best. Even McLaren stated when they work with mercedes this time that BMW builds a better engine. Nothing againest mercedes though.
Old 01-10-2005, 06:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ME412 is not coming to production, the TVR would get destroyed by a Macca F1, and the Buggatti will probably never see the light of day in its 1000/1001 set up. Not to mention how much its gonna break down. AWD `1001 lb feet of torque manual? Can you say ****ed up differentials, not to mention good bye clutch. The McLaren will always be the best. Even McLaren stated when they work with mercedes this time that BMW builds a better engine. Nothing againest mercedes though.
I highly doubt the TVR Speed 12 would lose to a McLaren F1. The TVR Speed 12, is such an awesome machine, its been banned from races. So, I've heard. Just because-- its tood good. And, actually, the ME412 is coming to production. I have already seen one-- in real life, and on video at Laguna Seca. I think the ME412 should be able to destory a McLaren. Heck a Lamborghini Diablo GT would gived a good run to a LM version. And as for BMW being better than Mercedes-- I think we can all agree to disagree.
Old 01-10-2005, 06:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350
http://www.detnews.com/2005/autosins.../C06-51812.htm

THe Speed 12 will not even come close to a the F1s 240 mph time. I dont even think the speed 12 has ever come close to its estimated 240 mph at Nardo.
Old 01-10-2005, 06:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

http://www.detnews.com/2005/autosins.../C06-51812.htm

THe Speed 12 will not even come close to a the F1s 240 mph time. I dont even think the speed 12 has ever come close to its estimated 240 mph at Nardo.
Top Speed? I know that, I mean like Nurburgring times, and acceleration times.
Old 01-10-2005, 06:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350
Top Speed? I know that, I mean like Nurburgring times, and acceleration times.

at the ring a TVR, and a Macca would get owned by a Carrera GT. I believe the carrera has run it in 7.21 which is the fastest production car to run there, if you dont count the 7.15 radical time.
Old 01-10-2005, 11:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

at the ring a TVR, and a Macca would get owned by a Carrera GT. I believe the carrera has run it in 7.21 which is the fastest production car to run there, if you dont count the 7.15 radical time.
One word: Enzo. :v
Old 01-11-2005, 01:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350
One word: Enzo. :v

i dont think the enzo has run on the ring, but if it has it hasnt beat the CGTs time.
Old 01-11-2005, 11:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i dont think the enzo has run on the ring, but if it has it hasnt beat the CGTs time.
I think it will tear the CGT apart. Hope im right. I do not want to start another Enzo vs. Carrer GT war.
Old 01-12-2005, 03:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350
I think it will tear the CGT apart. Hope im right. I do not want to start another Enzo vs. Carrer GT war.
after going to another auto show and not seeing an enzp, im rooting for the CGT. Porsche brought their A game definately with their show.
Old 01-12-2005, 08:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

after going to another auto show and not seeing an enzp, im rooting for the CGT. Porsche brought their A game definately with their show.
Oh! Your right. The car you see- is better than the one you don't. Because we all know, cars you can't see, cant race.
Old 01-13-2005, 03:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350
Oh! Your right. The car you see- is better than the one you don't. Because we all know, cars you can't see, cant race.
Que? Im just pissed that ferrari didnt bring an enzo again. They couldnt find anyone in Los Angeles or So Cal alone with an enzo they werent using?
Old 01-13-2005, 09:30 AM

The official time on the CGT on the ring is 7 min 40. BUT that time was run on a partly wet track and with all electrical aids ON. von Saurma was the driver as usuall. Later he has done a sub 7 min 30 sec on dry surface, the same has been done by the legend Walther Røhl..... (BTW the SLR managed the lap in 7 min 52 sec.....)

........at the ring a TVR, and a Macca would get owned by a Carrera GT.
On the ring the CGT will probably beat the McLaren, the car is afterall 12 years old and some kind of development on suspension must have happend.

This cars has a few important differences.

The Enzo has much less downforce than the CGT, that gives the Enzo the advantage in topspeed. 355 Kph vs 330 kph in the CGT. But all track test I have seen ( not many ) the CGT is faster around a track,.
In straigh line acceleration the Enzo is just a tiny bit faster.

But to dicuss which car is faster of the 2 is more or less pointless, they are so unbelivably fast and tricky to drive you need to be a hell of a lot more than normally talented to explore the limit of their capabilities.

On the ring the CGT will probably beat the Enzo but is is not much in it, in fact they are very close according to those who has driven both to the max

Problem is Ferrari do not want anyone to test their car on the Ring........ Same thing was with the F50. If they had the Enzo had been run a long time ago......

If I wanted the attention I would go for the Enzo, if I wanted a car I could use ( abuse) all the time I would go for the CGT.

Reasson, it will not break down all the time....

Even McLaren stated when they work with mercedes this time that BMW builds a better engine. Nothing againest mercedes though.
Both build very good engines, thats a fact but if you read what all or almost all reviews says when comparing MB and BMW 2 things is always the conclution. At lest this goes for the European mags that are normaly very fond of MB.

BMW gets most on Engine, driving involvement and handling, MB normally wins the rest.

So it boils down to what kind of character you want of your car.

And if it is true that Mclaren said that BMW build better engines I guess they have a bit more knowledge and inside info than all of us here put together.

Heck a Lamborghini Diablo GT would gived a good run to a LM version.
That was a joke,...... right ? :p
That one is not even on the same leage as the CGT, SLR, ENZO and the McLaren..... not by a long shot...

Even your SL600 would be able to stay with him in straight line ,if not beat him....

Last edited by Erik; 01-13-2005 at 12:32 PM.
Old 01-13-2005, 06:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

That was a joke,...... right ? :p
That one is not even on the same leage as the CGT, SLR, ENZO and the McLaren..... not by a long shot...

Even your SL600 would be able to stay with him in straight line ,if not beat him....
Joke!? Nope! Lets try not to have a thread high jack here, but uh, arn't there like two versions of the McLaren F1?
McLaren F1
McLaren F1 LM

The LM is the slowest, I heard a Diablo GT can beat it, if not keep up with it. Impressive. Im not McLaren expert so don't everybody jump on me in McLarens defense. One at a time, please.

Diablo GT vs. SL600... oh, I would love to see the look on his face if he would lose...
Old 01-14-2005, 04:04 AM

The LM is the slowest, I heard a Diablo GT can beat it, if not keep up with it. Impressive. Im not McLaren expert so don't everybody jump on me in McLarens defense. One at a time, please.

Diablo GT vs. SL600... oh, I would love to see the look on his face if he would lose...
Soory about the thread high jack not my intention, just got a little carried away.

Just to end this.
The LM version of the F1 was built to commemorate McLaren's racing success at Le Mans. The LM featured an aerodynamic kit that included side skirts and a large rear wing from the F1 GTR. Power was boosted from 627 to 680 hp by using the GTR engine without any air restrictors. Also from the F1 GTR is the 6-speed gearbox and 18-inch wheels. The curb weight of the LM was also reduced dramatically. The aerodynamics improved handling at high speeds, but limited the top speed to 225. Only 5 were built.

F1 LM
Weight: 2341 lbs and 680 HP The Diablo GT would be so far behind it would be funny.......
225 mph topspeed. Only 5 is build

F1
2500 lbs 627 Hp.
393 kph- 244 mph
More than 100 made

She is a beuty is`nt she.....

Again sorry about the highjack ...
Old 01-14-2005, 04:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Soory about the thread high jack not my intention, just got a little carried away.

Just to end this.
The LM version of the F1 was built to commemorate McLaren's racing success at Le Mans. The LM featured an aerodynamic kit that included side skirts and a large rear wing from the F1 GTR. Power was boosted from 627 to 680 hp by using the GTR engine without any air restrictors. Also from the F1 GTR is the 6-speed gearbox and 18-inch wheels. The curb weight of the LM was also reduced dramatically. The aerodynamics improved handling at high speeds, but limited the top speed to 225. Only 5 were built.

F1 LM
Weight: 2341 lbs and 680 HP The Diablo GT would be so far behind it would be funny.......
225 mph topspeed. Only 5 is build

F1
2500 lbs 627 Hp.
393 kph- 244 mph
More than 100 made

She is a beuty is`nt she.....

Again sorry about the highjack ...
Oh! Sorry for the confusion-- I said: "Lets not high jack this thread." I hadn't meant you did it-- or anyone for that matter. However, back at the topic at hand:

McLaren. A vehicle unrivaled by any supercar, even ten years after its production. Needless to say, very expensive, and obviously very fast. However, I had heard the LM only pulls 4 to 60. And the top speed, at 205 (equivalant to the Lamborghini Murcielago's (which actually at the auto show it claims 215 PLUS) 205). The Diablo GT is no slouch, I think. I know it would lose, but than again, it only has about 550 HP and weighs substantially more than the McLaren F1 LM. The Diablo GT clocks the 1/4 Mile in: 11.7 @ 12? The McLaren F1 clocks 11.6 , so how is that FAR behind? Hell, at 11.6 I would not even be that far behind- load me with some drags and McLaren will be staring at 493 ponies, in the lead.

Oh geez... Im going to get pounded...
Old 01-14-2005, 05:00 PM

The Diablo GT is no slouch, I think. I know it would lose, but than again, it only has about 550 HP and weighs substantially more than the McLaren F1 LM. The Diablo GT clocks the 1/4 Mile in: 11.7 @ 12? The McLaren F1 clocks 11.6 , so how is that FAR behind? Hell, at 11.6 I would not even be that far behind- load me with some drags and McLaren will be staring at 493 ponies, in the lead.

Oh geez... Im going to get pounded...
You are right, the Diablo is no slouch, its just that the McLaren is so much faster..... I will try to get you a link to an inboard video of the McLaren where it goes from app 125 mph and up to 245 mph....... its insane.

Your numbers on the MacLaren is wrong The McL will do a sub 11 on normal stree tires. What the Lambo can I have no idea, but. since the McLaren is almost 4 sec faster to 125 mph I guess it would be quite a bit behind and staying there....
Old 01-14-2005, 10:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You are right, the Diablo is no slouch, its just that the McLaren is so much faster..... I will try to get you a link to an inboard video of the McLaren where it goes from app 125 mph and up to 245 mph....... its insane.

Your numbers on the MacLaren is wrong The McL will do a sub 11 on normal stree tires. What the Lambo can I have no idea, but. since the McLaren is almost 4 sec faster to 125 mph I guess it would be quite a bit behind and staying there....
Got the numbers from supercars.net So- I guess their wrong, not me. Ah, oh well... at the end of the day McLaren wins. Im not their biggest fan though-- styling is outdated.
Old 01-15-2005, 02:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350
Got the numbers from supercars.net So- I guess their wrong, not me. Ah, oh well... at the end of the day McLaren wins. Im not their biggest fan though-- styling is outdated.

The most important thing in a 1/4 mile time is the Trap speed, its what really tells all. a Subaru STi can do the the 1/4 mile at the same time as a BMW M3, and Mercedes AMG C55/32, but the STi would be lucky to break a 100 in its trap speed, while the M3/AMG would be at 103/105 mph. This is what tells how a cars top end is.

Also if you want a better car to race a Macca F1, use the Diablo SVTT only one was made but its fast as hell.
Old 01-15-2005, 01:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The most important thing in a 1/4 mile time is the Trap speed, its what really tells all. a Subaru STi can do the the 1/4 mile at the same time as a BMW M3, and Mercedes AMG C55/32, but the STi would be lucky to break a 100 in its trap speed, while the M3/AMG would be at 103/105 mph. This is what tells how a cars top end is.

Also if you want a better car to race a Macca F1, use the Diablo SVTT only one was made but its fast as hell.
True.

Hell, use the Ferrari F50 TT. And by the way, Im not entirely sure, but I believe there were 20 SVTTs' made, and also its actually not SVTT its VTTT, which stands for Vicious Traction Twin Turbo. Or the VTTT both would beat the McLaren.
Old 01-15-2005, 06:58 PM

True.

Hell, use the Ferrari F50 TT. And by the way, Im not entirely sure, but I believe there were 20 SVTTs' made, and also its actually not SVTT its VTTT, which stands for Vicious Traction Twin Turbo. Or the VTTT both would beat the McLaren.
I have looke a bit around to see if I found somehting on this creation. The info says only 1 is made, but I have found 1 with a different colour so it may be more of them.
1. This is not a Lamborghini production, its made by a California company, Platinum Motors also a Lamborhini dealer.
2. They estimate 750 Hp, that is not enough to beat the McLaren. Its just to big and heavy. The power to weigth ratio in the McL is 1,8kg/Hp the Lambo has app 2,2Kg/Hp
3. The car has never been tested in real life or on dyno so the performance figures is only theory, not impossible but not verified.
4. The F50 Bi Turbo should be able to stay with the McLaren, but judging from earlier test vs claims from this company its not very realistic. The stock F50 would be destroyed as well as the even faster ENZO.

I know that you will find many costumbuildt monsters that could outrun the McL in acceleration.
Hell....... even on Norway we have a old BMW M5 ( +1000 Hp/+1000 Nm Torque) that does the 1/4 in 9,4@147 mph. with huge wheel hops in the start.
http://www.vsmotor.no/filmer.html
If you want to look at some insane clips off what happens with to much power and no tracion you could look at some of the clips on this page.
Click on the squares on the right side of the page. Enjoy the madness.
"Gardemoen September" shows the 9,41 run....
"Rudskogen September" show racetrack driving, mostly sideways.....

But if we talk about stock cars out of the factory no car will touch the brutal force of the McL. This is a agreed fact in the Automotive industry. The car closest to beat the McL is maybe the Swedish Koenigssegg but that car has been in development for many years and I do not belive it until I see a real test made of the car. As far as I know no US cars, remotly close to stock, is close.

To make a car able to pass the 250 mph limiter is not as easy as it seems.
An AUDI tuner in Germany has build an AUDI TT with 2 engines both with 450 Hp. Every time they try to test the limits of the car is blows the engine or is close to an take-off.... :p Last time I belive they passed 390 kph... and them boooooooooooom....

And do you really think it looks outdated ? I have seen it live and it looks simply stunning. You would not belive how small it is and the sound, its mean. I can not put words to the impression that car makes when you start it......

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 2.00 average.

Quick Reply: E55 vs IS300 TurboooooooOooo