Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

E55 vs IS300 TurboooooooOooo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 12:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E350
I believe a real test of the Koeni has been made, it only hit like 230 or something. They havent been able to get it all the way up at Nardo yet.
Old 01-16-2005, 12:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350
Also Platinum motors didnt make the SVTT they sent it out to a 3rd party to be made, a guy up in norcal i believe, and he made it, then platinum motors got into some trouble, and the government took all the vehicles i believe. www.fast-autots.net has the story about the SVTT.
Old 01-16-2005, 01:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55
I have seen 2 mcl f1s and the are far from out dated.I can't describe what I felt when hearing will from turner motorsports rev there lm for us at show and shine bav auto.

They told us that the car is very underated and has more power than the 680 claimed.Two brothers with mclarens in england tuned 1 close to 750hp with just minor tuning and air changes.

There is nothing out there right now with the power and reliability of the f1 period.

Id love to see that quad engine quad turbo whatever car run a 24 hour leman race and see what happenes.

And about the 1/4 times please understand this is a top end car.I mean the 1/4 is only first and second gear (from memory second goes to 120)

Iv also seen where the lm has done 0-100 in 5 flat.Not sure if thats true but I have a poster thats says it.
Old 01-16-2005, 02:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350
Are you talking bout the Bugatti Veyron? I think its a W16 quad turbo.
Old 01-16-2005, 03:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ALPINA B12 5,7 Coupe #22/57
Originally Posted by DancingBenzos
Also Platinum motors didnt make the SVTT they sent it out to a 3rd party to be made, a guy up in norcal i believe, and he made it,.
Correct.
Old 01-16-2005, 01:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Whatever keys I grab first...
Originally Posted by Erik
I have looke a bit around to see if I found somehting on this creation. The info says only 1 is made, but I have found 1 with a different colour so it may be more of them.
1. This is not a Lamborghini production, its made by a California company, Platinum Motors also a Lamborhini dealer.
2. They estimate 750 Hp, that is not enough to beat the McLaren. Its just to big and heavy. The power to weigth ratio in the McL is 1,8kg/Hp the Lambo has app 2,2Kg/Hp
3. The car has never been tested in real life or on dyno so the performance figures is only theory, not impossible but not verified.
4. The F50 Bi Turbo should be able to stay with the McLaren, but judging from earlier test vs claims from this company its not very realistic. The stock F50 would be destroyed as well as the even faster ENZO.

I know that you will find many costumbuildt monsters that could outrun the McL in acceleration.
Hell....... even on Norway we have a old BMW M5 ( +1000 Hp/+1000 Nm Torque) that does the 1/4 in 9,4@147 mph. with huge wheel hops in the start.
http://www.vsmotor.no/filmer.html
If you want to look at some insane clips off what happens with to much power and no tracion you could look at some of the clips on this page.
Click on the squares on the right side of the page. Enjoy the madness.
"Gardemoen September" shows the 9,41 run....
"Rudskogen September" show racetrack driving, mostly sideways.....

But if we talk about stock cars out of the factory no car will touch the brutal force of the McL. This is a agreed fact in the Automotive industry. The car closest to beat the McL is maybe the Swedish Koenigssegg but that car has been in development for many years and I do not belive it until I see a real test made of the car. As far as I know no US cars, remotly close to stock, is close.

To make a car able to pass the 250 mph limiter is not as easy as it seems.
An AUDI tuner in Germany has build an AUDI TT with 2 engines both with 450 Hp. Every time they try to test the limits of the car is blows the engine or is close to an take-off.... :p Last time I belive they passed 390 kph... and them boooooooooooom....

And do you really think it looks outdated ? I have seen it live and it looks simply stunning. You would not belive how small it is and the sound, its mean. I can not put words to the impression that car makes when you start it......
Oh no...

The Enzo vs. McLaren saga is not starting again. At least not here...

In my opinion the Enzo is sexier and just maybe faster. Of course Im not saying it it. Im saying what I think, please do not start throwing sites at me with numbers and such, because on this matter, the only thing I will believe is a video run of both cars, on a track, or something. Mag stats mean nothing to me here.

As for the Diablo SVTT not being able to outrun the McLaren-- false. And if you still disagree, this vehicle right here will end all arguements:

http://www.lambocars.com/diablo/gemballad.htm

Thats the fastest car on earth. Period. So don't start about some million horsepower Viper or Corvette Lingena$$ or whatnot.

Thats a race I would like to see:

McLaren F1 vs. Diablo Gemballa vs. F50 TT

The race would be between the F50 and Diablo. McLaren is out of place.

But-- if further arguements is required in this matter, someone start another thread and I will be happy to continue...

For stock cars, its all about Enzo or McLaren. Again, I do not want to start a war, Im just going to leave it be.

And yes- the McLaren F1 looks absolutely horrindus!
Old 01-17-2005, 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by Lexani
Oh no...

The Enzo vs. McLaren saga is not starting again. At least not here...
I was not aware that this had been dicussed before, but the fact of the matter is.

Enzo and Porsche CGT is equally fast, with a tenth here and there separating them, and the Enzo has higher topspeed due to less downforce. That has nothing to do with opinions, its fact.

You and I can think and belive what we want, it does not change the facts.

The McLaren will outrun both of them in straight line no question about it... Fact.

In my opinion the Enzo is sexier ............
Fair enough, its kind of sexy I agree to that.....

As for the Diablo SVTT not being able to outrun the McLaren-- false. And if you still disagree, this vehicle right here will end all arguements:

Thats a race I would like to see:

McLaren F1 vs. Diablo Gemballa vs. F50 TT

The race would be between the F50 and Diablo. McLaren is out of place.
Me to would have loved to see that.

OK, it looks like Mr Gemballa has had a finger in the development of the TT Diablo, that makes it a bit more belivable. He was, and still is a well know Porsche tuner in Germany, he was in Jail for a long time due to some financial crimes and his buisiness went down the toilet, he startet up again and is now back in business.
If that car is running 900 REALL HP it should offcourse run away from the McLaren. But all we have is some articles showing it is fast and the "producers" claim.

A bit difficult to compare opinions with facts.

On the McL we have facts verified by numerous magasines over the world.

If that car really is as fast as they claim its a bit strange no German mag has ever driven it.
So I guess we never know and its poinless to discuss any further.

What I mean about the F50 BiTurbo thing you already know....
That car is also only about articles showing it is fast and the producers claim.

And yes- the McLaren F1 looks absolutely horrindus!
Ok, I like it... Different tast I guess..

Last edited by Erik; 01-17-2005 at 03:23 AM.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Whatever keys I grab first...
I was not aware that this had been dicussed before, but the fact of the matter is.

Enzo and Porsche CGT is equally fast, with a tenth here and there separating them, and the Enzo has higher topspeed due to less downforce. That has nothing to do with opinions, its fact.

You and I can think and belive what we want, it does not change the facts.

The McLaren will outrun both of them in straight line no question about it... Fact.

Fair enough, its kind of sexy I agree to that.....

Me to would have loved to see that.

OK, it looks like Mr Gemballa has had a finger in the development of the TT Diablo, that makes it a bit more belivable. He was, and still is a well know Porsche tuner in Germany, he was in Jail for a long time due to some financial crimes and his buisiness went down the toilet, he startet up again and is now back in business.
If that car is running 900 REALL HP it should offcourse run away from the McLaren. But all we have is some articles showing it is fast and the "producers" claim.

A bit difficult to compare opinions with facts.

On the McL we have facts verified by numerous magasines over the world.

If that car really is as fast as they claim its a bit strange no German mag has ever driven it.
So I guess we never know and its poinless to discuss any further.

What I mean about the F50 BiTurbo thing you already know....
That car is also only about articles showing it is fast and the producers claim.

Ok, I like it... Different tast I guess..

I agree with pretty much everything you said there. But I guess, we will never know the truth, unless some super-wealthy person decideds he bored and buys all three vehicles.

And, I don't know why that 900HP Lambo has not been tested by other magazines. Probably the same reason Ferrari won't allow the Enzo on the ring.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Lightbulb

I still think the mclaren lm would take the enzo. By the time they hit 165 the lm would have over 5 car lenghts on it and would keep pulling the longer they went.

Remember that F1lm is 700lbs lighter than the enzo.

Lm 680 hp(claimed)
520ft lbs ???Iv seen different numbers 550 and 650 so who knows what its putting out.Mclraren never said.But its up there
0-60 in 2.9 sec 0-100 in 5 sec

Enzo 660 hp
485 lbs tourqe

0-60 in 3.4 sec 0-100 in 6.5 sec
Old 01-18-2005, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by skratch77
Lm 680 hp(claimed)
520ft lbs ???Iv seen different numbers 550 and 650 so who knows what its putting out.Mclraren never said.But its up there
0-60 in 2.9 sec 0-100 in 5 sec
The reasson for different Hp rating is due to the following reasson.

McLaren ordered an engine from BMW with app 550 Hp and a max weight on the einge of X kg ( do not remember). When the engine was ready the weight was heavier than ordered but also with 627 Hp, so Gordon Murray was not to disapointed.

So on early reports they use the 550 Hp ( or so) and after the lauch it was corrected to 627 Hp.

BTW: 5 sec 0-100 mph does seem a bit to fast, I would belive the difference start to grow from 100 mph, below I belive the difference is quite small.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
The reasson for different Hp rating is due to the following reasson.

McLaren ordered an engine from BMW with app 550 Hp and a max weight on the einge of X kg ( do not remember). When the engine was ready the weight was heavier than ordered but also with 627 Hp, so Gordon Murray was not to disapointed.

So on early reports they use the 550 Hp ( or so) and after the lauch it was corrected to 627 Hp.

BTW: 5 sec 0-100 mph does seem a bit to fast, I would belive the difference start to grow from 100 mph, below I belive the difference is quite small.

I know about them wanting 550 hp and got 627hp in the first mclaren.I was talking about how much tourqe the mclaren Lm has.BMW has never said what its putting out and the 680 hp figure is a guess at best.

When I was asking Turner about there Lm they told me they can only drive the car on sundays and put 100 miles a year on. Its Not federalized and has not gone threw hemoligation tests.They have to pay a lot of money to get the thing street legal.He did say it passed emissions tho.

The lm is crazzy fast and is the fastest mclaren (even faster than the ones they used to race)It dosnt have any of the race restrictions rules on it.