Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Killed a new Cobra (badly)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 01:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
Last night a was passed on the highway by a Mustang which had painted on the trunk lid "If you can read this, you are driving an import".
Old 03-23-2005, 02:05 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 GLC300 sport
Originally Posted by Lexani
Im sorry dear friend, but I fail reconigze how you can take pride in saying:
"My Modded Ford, can beat your stock Benz" It would seem obvious that in most cases modded vehicles will overtake those that are stock-- Im sure you can agree with me on this. In some cases though...

http://aserverjustfor.us/videos/z28k...cobravsE55.wmv

Even with mods a "Cobra" cannot outrun a stock Benz. You can even check the rematch race. You know, I pretty sure you've seen this video, but you like every other blind Ford patriot fails to respond to the video.

An E500 can keep up with a Mustang GT. Now before you jump on me with the "Its not a Cobra" excuse, lets compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges.

V6 Mustang = E320 Competitor
Mustang GT = E500 Competitor
Mutang Cobra = E55 Competitor

Top of the line, vs. Top of the line. Would you not agree? Or is the only way Ford beats Mercedes-- by taking their top of the line and matching it against middle-class Mercedes'? Ford cant stand playing fair it seems.

Guess not.

Best Regards,
John
Kilabite can't drive. My buddie John has the same mods as him and he runs 10.9's @ 128 in the 1/4.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whatever keys I grab first...
Originally Posted by dgussin1
Kilabite can't drive. My buddie John has the same mods as him and he runs 10.9's @ 128 in the 1/4.
Interesting. Yeah, my buddies, uncles, brother-in-laws, great grandfather's son's, brother, Doe, has a CL5 that pulls a 0-60 in under a second. Believe me. Believe me damn it!
Old 03-23-2005, 08:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by tuscanraider
Most owners are content with the Cobra beating every non-AMG MB, and losing to most AMG Benzes. Whats really embarassing is that most non-Cobra GT mustangs will trounce non-AMG Benzes.
A GT will not beat and E500. Period. I used to own an E500, and my oldest son has a '00 GT. He could never pull ahead.

This bothers people like you. I guess its too hard on the ego, I understand.
No, its not. You assume it, among other things.

Also the GT would be more comparable to the CLK500 not E500. The E is a sedan.
Not in this topic it isn't. E55 vs. Cobra. Why involve the CLK in this? No point, I never mentioned it, and quite frankly could careless. If you have to switch vehicles in a debate, your losing. Remember everyones comparing the Cobra to the E55, not to the CLK55.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by E420SportGT
ok ok..
heck, a stock GT with these bolt ons can run 11s...

http://home.comcast.net/~wicked46/jb051199HQ.WMV

Diablo Programer
Bassani X pipe
Axle back Bassani
Underdrive pulleys
Centerforce Clutch
Cyn-R-G Flywheel
Motive 4.56 gears
Bogart D10 rims
M/T Drags
C and L intake and Mass air meter
H and R lowering Springs
Metco Control arms
Strange Shocks
Again, I would expect a modded vehicle to be able to beat a stock vehicle. Bolt on or not-- its an upgrade.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:12 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bantha
A GT will not beat and E500. Period. I used to own an E500, and my oldest son has a '00 GT. He could never pull ahead.
You mean a teen with limited driving experience? No wonder he couldn't beat you.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You mean a teen with limited driving experience? No wonder he couldn't beat you.

Last edited by Lexani; 03-23-2005 at 08:21 PM.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Automatic. Whats to it? Now thats the excuse all domestic owners pull of:
"The driver"
Swearing it takes an AMAZING amount of skill, to point and push.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
show me 20 other guys running similar times with time slips and videos. Stop being a moron.
If this is your idea of proof, where are YOUR videos showing a S-T-O-C-K convertible Cobra running "deep into the twelves?" Please do not post timeslips. . . I have a box full of timeslips showing 10, 11, and 12 second runs which I will claim are from my "drag Pacer" and you will be unable to prove me wrong. Show me 20 different S-T-O-C-K convertible Cobras running "deep into the twelves" and I will eat crow.

My point is this: The one reputable magazine that tests a convertible Cobra nets a low 13 second quarter. If I remember correctly, that particular convertible Cobra was tested side-by-side with a non-Z-06 C5 convertible Vette, and that the Vette ran nearly identical 0-60 and 1/4 mile times as the Cobra. What you would like us to believe is that S-T-O-C-K convertible Cobras (and, by implication, given the results of the Cobra v. Vette test, non Z-06 C5 convertibles) run the 1/4 mile "deep into the twelves." This is baloney.

Furthermore, all of the reputable magazine tests of hardtop Cobras (which are lighter and faster) that I have seen end up with a 12.8 or 12.9 quarter. Given the weight difference, this would be entirely consistent with the convertible running a 13.1.

Nonetheless, you choose to believe that only the forum posters on the "Cobra Love-In" site are both (1) particularly talented in running the 1/4 mile and (2) extremely honest. . . never lowering tire pressure, etc.. This seems like a huge leap of "faith" (read: "brand-blind stupidity") to me.

How do I put this gently. . . I am saying that people who claim to run "deep into the twelves" with their stock convertible Cobras are full of krap. :p
Old 03-23-2005, 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Vomit
I have a stock 1973 AMC Pacer that runs low 11s in the quarter mile. Prove me wrong.
Ok. Your wrong!
Old 03-24-2005, 11:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
Ok. Your wrong!
Did I forget to mention that the 11 second quarter was measured as the Pacer was going down a 15% grade?

Actually, I did a few mods, and it will now do a 9 second 1/4 mile (off a cliff)
Old 03-24-2005, 06:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Did I forget to mention that the 11 second quarter was measured as the Pacer was going down a 15% grade?

Actually, I did a few mods, and it will now do a 9 second 1/4 mile (off a cliff)
Damn! Im going to have a hard time disproving that-- so in the mean time, YOUR WRONG AGAIN!

Old 03-24-2005, 09:16 PM

2016 GLC300 sport
I give up. Just don't be surprised if a late model cobra makes you look real bad in a race.

I am removing my subscription. au revoir
Old 03-25-2005, 12:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I give up. Just don't be surprised if a late model cobra makes you look real bad in a race.

I am removing my subscription. au revoir
Aww... Vomit-- you owe him an apology. But in the mean time, Im starting my own clubs:

12 sec
no one yet

11 sec
no one yet

10 sec
no one yet

9 sec
no one yet

8 sec
1. Lexani

Ah-ha! Prove me wrong! I wrote it-- and that makes it so! Why wont you trust me!? Damn it! Answer me!!! You have to trust me!
Old 03-25-2005, 01:14 AM

CL65 AMG '05
Ah-ha! Prove me wrong! I wrote it-- and that makes it so! Why wont you trust me!? Damn it! Answer me!!! You have to trust me!
Dude, no offense, but thats kind lame man... lol
Old 03-25-2005, 01:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by JLLK
Dude, no offense, but thats kind lame man... lol
Not if you've been keeping up with the thread and the links dgussins' been giving out.
Old 03-25-2005, 01:28 AM

CL65 AMG '05
Not if you've been keeping up with the thread and the links dgussins' been giving out.
lol fair enough. caught me there. I'll read from start. :p

we'll see how lame this dgussin guy is then compared to the Lexanis..

no offense. joke joke!
Old 03-25-2005, 05:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
[QUOTE=dgussin1]"I give up. Just don't be surprised if a late model cobra makes you look real bad in a race."

Hopefully, I will never have to drive a late model Cobra, so I will never have to worry about looking bad
Old 03-25-2005, 08:51 PM

2016 GLC300 sport
[QUOTE=Vomit]
"I give up. Just don't be surprised if a late model cobra makes you look real bad in a race."

Hopefully, I will never have to drive a late model Cobra, so I will never have to worry about looking bad

Old 03-25-2005, 11:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

[QUOTE=dgussin1]

Oh, thats a very nice Mustang you got there. My oldest son would love to have that car. Do you think you can make it to the meet in my sig?

And, I would also like to state, Im not a hardcore follower of Ford-- or even the least bit intrested in Ford-- however, I give kudos where it is earned, and I believe, although I dont fully agree with dgussins' arguements, times or whtatnot, the Cobra deserves some credit-- albeit not the fastest, nor the rarest, but I do find it desirable. Nice car.
Old 03-25-2005, 11:41 PM

2016 GLC300 sport
[QUOTE=Lexani]

Oh, thats a very nice Mustang you got there. My oldest son would love to have that car. Do you think you can make it to the meet in my sig?

And, I would also like to state, Im not a hardcore follower of Ford-- or even the least bit intrested in Ford-- however, I give kudos where it is earned, and I believe, although I dont fully agree with dgussins' arguements, times or whtatnot, the Cobra deserves some credit-- albeit not the fastest, nor the rarest, but I do find it desirable. Nice car.
Thanks for the compliment, but unfortunately that isn't my car. My car is a convertible. That is my buddy Scott's cobra. He has better pics of his than I do of mine. I thought it was pretty funny that you said that your oldest son would like it. I am sure he's around my age, 20.

Here are a few pics of my car....

That's all I've got. As for making it to your meet...perhaps. It depends on how busy my schedule is.
Old 03-25-2005, 11:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

[QUOTE=dgussin1]
Thanks for the compliment, but unfortunately that isn't my car. My car is a convertible. That is my buddy Scott's cobra. He has better pics of his than I do of mine. I thought it was pretty funny that you said that your oldest son would like it. I am sure he's around my age, 20.

Here are a few pics of my car....

That's all I've got. As for making it to your meet...perhaps. It depends on how busy my schedule is.
Ah, either way, nice car. Now, I said my oldest, because my youngest, although he loves Mustangs (GTs and above, calls the V6 "gutless"), he wants to get a Trans AM WS6. Allow me to rephrase that, he wants ME to get it for him. Heh.

My oldest son, has a Mustang GT '00 Black on Black, and pipes about as big as yours-- custom exhaust, Flows, he calls them, not sure what they are. He races with his friend who has a Camaro '02 Z28 and they have their little crew of racers, with "F**k Rice" stickers and all. He also has, something do with his 'air silencer' removed, and a K&N Air Filter installed, along with a 'Mass Air Flow Sensor', again, not sure what all that means, but I know hes faster than most cars he encounters on the road. Also, he is, infact, 18 yrs of age. You two should exchange numbers, if you would like to meet him, Im sure he would like it, PM me and I can send over you his cell phone number, hes really hardcore when it comes to Ford, so you two should get along great, haha. Just a thought, no hard feelings if you prefer not too.

Again, nice car, and hope to see you at the meet.

Best Regards,
John
Old 03-26-2005, 05:37 AM

CL65 AMG '05
No offense dgussin but the climate control of the cobra looks rather tacky. They should make it nicer for a Ford performance car!
Old 03-26-2005, 07:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
I drive by our local high school every day. The parked Cobras always catch my eye.
Old 03-26-2005, 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I drive by our local high school every day. The parked Cobras always catch my eye.
Haha, point proven. Still though, its not the car you seem to hate-- its the times hes posted, which, I dont fully agree with, but I am saying its a nice car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Killed a new Cobra (badly)