M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

MB Nubie - Ignition Coil, wires, and plugs ML320 year 2000

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 02:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ml320
MB Nubie - Ignition Coil, wires, and plugs ML320 year 2000

new to MB. a car was given to our family by a friend and ml320. when we took to the dealer to get it checked out they advised a number of challanges... hope my post does not offend any MB professionals but frankly i have to do the work myself as i can't afford the dealer pricing. actually it would appear from this date forward i'll be the family mechanic until out economic situation changes... greatful for the friend that gave our family the car but need it to be reliable also...

Engine rough idle, misfire with 5 cylinders, recommend all coils and wire ends and spark plugs 2525.00
S.R.S seat sensor recommended 760.00 ( B1315-B1315 occupied child seat sensor )
Rear bumper tow cover 46.00
Transmission cooler line and seals 445.00
Transmission service w/elec.plug 395.00
Low tone horn 130.00
Store fault code for brake lamp switch (c1207) 140.00
Excessive amount of oil leaks in engine compartment, recommend steam clean first and advise 85.00

my questions is about the coil parts. i've seen pricing from $378 for 6 on ebay POWER PRO is the reported brand.....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-...1%7C240%3A1318

to kragen parts. and then there is the dealer parts. is there any people out there that can help decide of the ebay parts will actually work? and if so what is the difference of those parts and the kragen or dealer parts?

the same goes for the wire and plugs....

any place to purchase the seat sensor other than the dealer? must be a bear to get that sensor out of the seat, any suggestions?

help, new to this repair world...
Old 01-04-2011, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML320
Parts

Be wary of eBay parts. Some of them are OEM knockoffs. They are so good cosmetically that it is hard to tell.

I use AutoHausAZ on the web. Their parts are the best prices around and they will offer multiple options on replacement parts ranging to OEM and after market. I have found them very reliable and some of the best pricing around.

Good luck, the ignition problem can be vexing. I did mine and started by replacing wires and plugs on a 98 ML320 with 183K miles. That did not help. Replaced the Oxygen Mass Sensor and that did the trick. The coils will either work or fail. If the engine is idling rough then it could be the coils, if it misfires it could be spark plugs, wires or Oxygen Mass Sensor.

Good luck.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
300E a couple 1994 w124wagon E320 Wagon/,1971MGB Track/Rally, MG Midget Autocross ,2000 E320 wagon.
Replace the

12 plugs under $50 the special boot tool is the easy way to pop off the boots.
DIY in the diy section on the w210 forum www.benzworld.org same engine.

Seat sensor about $150 remove seat cover replace,but check first for the pinched wire problem known to cause the srs light to warn.

Trans fluid valvoline maxlife meets nag1/722.6 mb specs follow the diy on benzworld also.filter and gasket at www.autohausaz.com
the connector and o ring are $7 and easy to replace when you do the trans fluid.

a few cans of gunk foamy brite engine cleaner cover air intake and alternator foam down the engine let soak hose off start engine after removing covers applied.

Do you have a check engine light on?

Don't worry about offending Mercedes Professorial's they have no shame with price quotes like 2500 bucks for coils wires and plugs that you can purchase oem for under $600 total and like I said you don't need all of them anyway.

get the rear bumper tow cover if you really must have it at a mb wrecking yard.

PM me if you need the name of one