M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Benx Dead & Stuck in Park HELP ASAP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 10:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 ml320
Benx Dead & Stuck in Park HELP ASAP

This is my first post. I get help from here alot but am lost this time and need help!

My ML320 got stuck in Park, after trying it a few times the battery died. So i first thought maybe the battery was dead and it caused this. So this morning i bought a new battery ( it needed it anyway ) After putting that in it fired right up no worries but then it was still stuck in park. So i came up here and read a few post to get some ideas. I went back down to try some and the car is dead again! it will not start up at all. its only been two hours and nothing is left on, no lights anywhere. i am lost. Before it got stuck in park the BAS light was on, so i was starting to think i needed a new brake light switch and praying it wasnt that little plastic piece holding it in park that was broke.

any ideas? i am not mechanical at all, so as much detail as possible would greatly be appreciated. i just keep at it until i figure it out! thanks
Old 05-03-2009, 10:57 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
W163 ML500 w/Kleeman headers (gone but not forgotten); R63
Originally Posted by bimmerbenz11
This is my first post. I get help from here alot but am lost this time and need help!

My ML320 got stuck in Park, after trying it a few times the battery died. So i first thought maybe the battery was dead and it caused this. So this morning i bought a new battery ( it needed it anyway ) After putting that in it fired right up no worries but then it was still stuck in park. So i came up here and read a few post to get some ideas. I went back down to try some and the car is dead again! it will not start up at all. its only been two hours and nothing is left on, no lights anywhere. i am lost. Before it got stuck in park the BAS light was on, so i was starting to think i needed a new brake light switch and praying it wasnt that little plastic piece holding it in park that was broke.

any ideas? i am not mechanical at all, so as much detail as possible would greatly be appreciated. i just keep at it until i figure it out! thanks
https://mbworld.org/forums/m-class-w...-help-plz.html

Do a search, should be able to find instructions how to release the transmission. Are your brake lights on, killing the battery?

Regards,
Jerry