M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Please Help on my AC Issue..

Old 05-28-2013, 12:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99 ML320
Please Help on my AC Issue..

Hi Everyone..

I am posting this for my dad.. He has a 99 Ml320 with 85,000 miles.. He has owned it since november of 98. Last month the Ac quit working.. We took it to a very good shop in town to get it checked out.. Turns out it was the compressor.. Dad told them to go ahead and change everything out and to replace with factory mercedes parts. So they said to come back in a week and they would do the work..

He took it in there 3 weeks ago and they changed the compressor along with other parts that you would change.. He picked it up ($2200) and it worked great for 2 weeks, then it started blowing hot air.. He took it back in last week and they kept it for a few hours and told him that a fuse blew and that caused the fans not to kick on and the compressor blew all the freon out of the high pressure port. So they put a new fuse in and recharged the ac and charged him another $200.00.

That lasted a whole 2 days until it started blowing hot air again.. He took it back and they kept it overnight and called him last friday and told him the needed a upgraded diagnostic tool and they cant afford a new one and they cant do anything else for him..

So basically he payed 2400.00 and still dont have a working ac..

Is there anything that yal can think of that could be the problem?

He is 83 years old and at his age every dollar matters.. It just pisses me off they treated him like this..
Old 05-28-2013, 10:53 AM

99 ML320
can someone please help?

Thanks
Old 05-29-2013, 08:17 AM

99 ML320
Gee thanks for all the damn help. What a great forum with such great members.. Now go **** yourselfs
Old 05-29-2013, 03:53 PM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
2017 W166 GLE350, 2005 W163 ML350 Special Edition
Angry rude!

Did you stop to consider that you posted your original only one day before you decided to **** off the entire board by ordering us to perform an anatomically impossible act? If there was an answer forthcoming (and there's a very good chance of that happening as someone with the experience in your problem area eventually comes on line), you can be certain it won't be found for you now!
Old 05-30-2013, 10:08 AM

99 ML320
Originally Posted by psnevets
Did you stop to consider that you posted your original only one day before you decided to **** off the entire board by ordering us to perform an anatomically impossible act? If there was an answer forthcoming (and there's a very good chance of that happening as someone with the experience in your problem area eventually comes on line), you can be certain it won't be found for you now!
I posted the question on tuesday night, no replies weds afternoon I asked for more help and still didnt get anything... So once again thanks for all the help. Im a very active member on some ford forums and asked the question and had 3 pages of replies within a few hours.. And guess what they pin pointed it right off the bat.. So yal have fun with your little snobby forum im headed back to people that actually want to help.. Good Day
Old 05-30-2013, 10:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 750 Likes on 698 Posts
2002 ML 320 & 2006 ML500
We are very sorry that we are not in sync. with your timetable and I for one have scheduled myself for self-flagellation on Saturday, if that eases your pain.

Instead of directing your anger at this forum, you should have had a few words with the mechanic that fleeced your father out of $2,400.

It seems that your fingers are braver than your mouth.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:19 PM

ML430 E320 S500
sure!! sorry for the short delay! the name of the problem is AC flap motor actuator.
the motor is located under the dash, not an easy place to get to but possible!!
the motor have a little lever that moves the flap from cold air to hot air when you turn the switch from hot to cold, on a failure status or when the motor malfunction, the lever get stack on the "hot" mode and the tunnel for cold air circulate outside the car keeping you with the hot air. please let me know if it helps any so I can assist you with the repair as well
Old 06-17-2013, 08:39 PM

99 ML320
Thanks Benztech but the expansion valve was faulty... Replaced it again and so far its working great! Thanks for trying to help, your the only one that even tried too.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:16 AM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
2017 W166 GLE350, 2005 W163 ML350 Special Edition
Originally Posted by CoyConner
Gee thanks for all the damn help. What a great forum with such great members.. Now go **** yourselfs

Why are you even back here? You are a hot headed individual with an apparent inferiority complex who chooses to use foul language to express himself. Go back to Ford forums where you feel so welcomed and leave us "snobs" to ourselves.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:56 AM

99 ML320
Originally Posted by psnevets
Why are you even back here? You are a hot headed individual with an apparent inferiority complex who chooses to use foul language to express himself. Go back to Ford forums where you feel so welcomed and leave us "snobs" to ourselves.
I came back to let the other guy know the problem was fixed.. He was the only one that tried to help so i let him know what the problem was... I will go back to my forums where members are helpful.. Thanks though! You have a great day! See ya
Old 06-22-2013, 06:44 AM

ML270D
Originally Posted by CoyConner
I came back to let the other guy know the problem was fixed.. He was the only one that tried to help so i let him know what the problem was... I will go back to my forums where members are helpful.. Thanks though! You have a great day! See ya
Your attitude to members that use and take their time to help people don't do this for a living, some of us have to work , have kids, wives girlfriends in other words have a life outside of the forum. You however, have the attitude that all forum members eagerly await YOUR thread.

Hate to say this but any *** hole can buy any car the problem arises when they have to service/repair it. These forums, I belong to about 7 MB ones are there to help those who choose to repair their own vehicles. Clearly your idea is that we spend 23 hours and 59 minutes a day writing and reading forums just for you. Had I been an administrator I would have banned you for life for your **** poor comments. I suggest that next time your dad has a problem that he take it Mercedes Benz dealer/workshop and pay the $80 or $100 dollars and hour to get it fixed by them.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 ML 320 & 2006 ML500
Originally Posted by yourbenztech
sure!! sorry for the short delay! the name of the problem is AC flap motor actuator.
the motor is located under the dash, not an easy place to get to but possible!!
the motor have a little lever that moves the flap from cold air to hot air when you turn the switch from hot to cold, on a failure status or when the motor malfunction, the lever get stack on the "hot" mode and the tunnel for cold air circulate outside the car keeping you with the hot air. please let me know if it helps any so I can assist you with the repair as well

The OP's problem occurred over a holiday weekend and he didn't get a response in a timely fashion.

With that said, if you read his posts and those of others, you would understand why his attitude is not a lot to be desired. And everything stems from him not having A/C. It's not as if he was stuck on the side of the road.

Why is it that you are so eager, willing and able to help an individual with his attitude and personality? Maybe you should consider forum decorum instead of trying to be the "nice guy".
Old 06-25-2013, 09:54 PM

ML430 E320 S500
Because if I don't "try" to be a nice guy it makes me just like him.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 ML 320 & 2006 ML500
Originally Posted by yourbenztech
Because if I don't "try" to be a nice guy it makes me just like him.

I really think you missed the point. By replying the way you did, you acquiesced his behavior.