M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

ML500 to go away this week.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 12:31 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
ML500 to go away this week.

I am almost relieved to get rid of it. The wife was a bit POd at the San Diego MBUSA rep AND at my stealer, so she is now refusing to get the GL450. The rep is just an *** that is trying to bully her after he got it rammed down his throat. I am at a point where I won the war (so to speak) and I don't really care enough about the odds and ends that MB may owe. I was hoping to get the GL, but oh well at least I get a $1K deposit back.
Old 06-30-2006, 05:54 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Oh well, it is done. We turned the ML500 in and got our $$. I really wish I would have been able to lower my integrity to the level of the San Diego Service Manager for MBUSA by dropping a turd on the dash, but I just couldn't.
I have also given up on the MB SUVs for now. MB has really let me down this time. Their system is not refined enough at this point to deal with the disgruntled customers and their field reps are under far too much pressure to do what is right. Case in point, the local rep for San Diego (must have been demotted since he used to represent all of SoCal) chose to stick it to me all he could, rather than being political and just finishing me off. So, he chose to "charge" me for EVERYTHING that California law allows. Unfortunately for MBUSA, that came to a total of $190!! That $190 charge (on a $65K refund) was the reason that my wife did NOT get a new $70,000 GL450 or even S550. She will NOT get a Benz. Period.
Is that good business? Oh well, it is MBUSA.
Now lets see, I don't plan to move, and I don't plan to deal with scum (yes scum Mr. F.D.) but I also do not plan on leaving the Brand. Maybe the Brand better make some changes BEFORE enough people get pissed off? I can only speak for myself when I say that I will surely go to court to set a presidence
if and when I EVER deal with MBUSA's F.D. again. I almost did it this time. It would have dragged all of this out a few months, but MBUSA would have paid all the bills in the end. While the liability factor is over, the reputation is stained and I will spread that fact to anyone and everyone I know. The brand will be held accountable for the actions of their employees, especially when those actions are made possible by the authority that MBUSA has given Frank.
Good Luck to you all. I have more contact info and evidence against the ML than I know what to do with. Please feel free to PM me for help if you find yourself in a similar situation to where I was.
Old 07-01-2006, 02:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 E-class coupe, 2012 C-class
A faulty car and bad customer service is a dangerous ****tail! I can feel what you went through, experienced some similar bad service with my e-class. I ended up with changing to a different MB garage, where people were much friendlier and problems got solved.

Just last night I went to have the rear boot lock changed on my ML320 CDI, this being a new and rare car here in Denmark, they did not know how to change it, it took them three hours to change it. At first try it worked fine, second try it got stuck again and lock was broken. This was my second visit regarding this problem and now they have ordered two extra locks for stock. Lock breaks/shortcircuts everytime due to a defective SAM-module, which will also be changed next time I go there.

Anyway I did not have any problem going there, since I believe I got good service. Offering good service is more vital than selling a good car
Old 07-01-2006, 05:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AlabasterWhiteSL ObsidianBlackML
what happend to your ML500 that it led to all this
Old 07-01-2006, 05:47 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Well it has been a year so the story is long, but here is a quick synopsis. We get a new ML500. My wife drives it to work w/ my 2 kids. At 400 miles, she was stopped at a light. When the light turned green, she gave it gas to go and NOTHING. The engine raced to almost 5K, but the car never moved. She lets go of the gas and the tranny finally engages as the engine is unwinding, lunging the car. She gets scared and pushes the brakes in the middle of an intersection. She then gives it gas to move it off the road. The car basically won't move until at least 3000RPM (on flat land). She gets it to the side and calls me. I come get her and the kids and take the car in. The car sits at the dealer for 2 moths. First month, MBUSA said to wait and do nothing as they have no fix. Second month, the new tranny needed for the fix was on backorder. They put in a new tranny and valve and we are once again off. From that point, the tranny begins to stutter at EXACTLY 400-500miles from when it was repaired. This was done 6 times before I said screw it and parked the car and bought her a temporary car. This was back in November. I consulted with my personal lawyer (brother) and business partner. He said not to waste my time on it and to let a lemon lawyer handle it. He suggested making a final demand to MBUSA that this is documented and not legal, and then moving on. So, I did.
My problem has never been with my service department. My problem is with MBUSA's regional service manager in San Diego. He has decided that I am an *** and made this entire ordeal EXTREMELY personal. That is why my wife got pissed. After all, I have remained loyal to the brand for 22 years (since I was 16). I am now on my 3rd W211 alone (second E55), not to mention the MBs I get for my family members (3 in the past year).
Yet, MBUSA allows Mr. F.D. to talk smack to me, while using their letter head. He plays the bully tactic and they condone it, and that makes MBUSA liable. I have remained loyal to the brand to my own detriment and that is over. I have more than likely bought my last MB, and that is fine. I prefer to spend my money where it is appreciated. For MB to think that they are doing me a favor by taking my $100k is a sign of the arrogance that I do not need. They will do fine selling C230s to all of the wanna beeees about. After that, Frank will be fired, and I may return.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:22 AM

We'd love to see what smack the regional manager said !
Old 07-17-2006, 12:45 AM
Almost a Member!

MB GLK 2010
Mercedes (a.k.a. Daimler Chrysler)

As you know, Mercedes is made by Daimler Chrysler. I had an unfortunate experience with the Chrysler Pacifica with problems with the transmission, console display, and other nick nacks. I had problems with the dealer and the Chrysler Financial (same as Mercedes). Glad I only leased the car.

Now, Daimler Chrysler is making the new Mercedes R350/500 which is the same as Pacifica. I test drove that and was not too impressed. And the cost is too much, in my opinion.

I was impressed with the ML350 on the test drive as compared with the others (lexus, nissan, inifiniti, bmw, etc). So, I am leasing the Mercedes ML350 to see what they are like. I find that what I am driving now is NOT THAT great. Just the NAME "Mercedes", that's it. Currently, the automatic transmission shifting from 2nd to 1st gear is very abrupt. I will bring in the car sometimes this month to get it re-programmed or looked at. Also, Mercedes car salesman was not that great. Once my lease is up, I will choose a car for what they offer, not "brand" name.

Since car manufacturing is SO advanced now, a "Hyundai" sounds interesting or worth looking into. hehe....
Old 07-20-2006, 02:05 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by moomber
We'd love to see what smack the regional manager said !
Just things that are intended to intimidate. Unfortunately for him, I am more principle than mouth.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 Black on Black
Thumbs down Same exact thing!

Well it has been a year so the story is long, but here is a quick synopsis. We get a new ML500. My wife drives it to work w/ my 2 kids. At 400 miles, she was stopped at a light. When the light turned green, she gave it gas to go and NOTHING. The engine raced to almost 5K, but the car never moved. She lets go of the gas and the tranny finally engages as the engine is unwinding, lunging the car. She gets scared and pushes the brakes in the middle of an intersection. She then gives it gas to move it off the road. The car basically won't move until at least 3000RPM (on flat land).

Jangy: This is exactly what happened in my 06' ML350. I am awaiting the prognosis from the dealer now! I am not getting an E63 with 465 Ft Lbs of Torqueso I can experience this again!