M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Picked up my US-Spec ML320 CDI

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 07:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From 2006 ML 320 CDI - from 2009 Audi Q5 S-Line 3.0 TDI DSG - from 2011 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE
Overall Impression on 320 CDI (GREECE)

Today I marked 5000 Km, car was delivered after 3 months of order, MB dealer in Thessaloniki, Greece very correct.

The average consumption after 5000 km, driving slowly, sometimes fast up to 160-180 in the highways, much of the time around city and inside city with the average speed of around 57 km/h for the total of 5000 km is at 10.9 litres per 100 km! I am very satisfied with that! Lower then half od what i was spending to keep going my last car, V6 Touareg VW! More then that I believe no one would expected.

The transmission is intelligent and learning your driving style and this sometimes betrays you, especially when not focused on the car, or when distracted, but this now for me became an issue to keep me more attentive to the car and generally makes me a better driver and the ride more secure. Anyway, I would expect improvements by MB in the soft of the transmission.

Airmatic, just fine and worthy!

Comfort, fair enough for this car's characteristics, especially in Comfort mode.

Rear Seat Entertainment would have been perfect if the middle screen would have been flexible left-right, but is very good and functionable, I bought a PS2 in-car adapter and my son (11) plays PS2 games in it.

The harman/kardon 7logic sound perfect!

The 6cd/mp3 just more then perfect as position and especially for the content one gan fill in. Never ending selected exclusive music if one wants.

The rear seats, better, lower then at the Touareg VW and especially the middle floor separator is much lower and better for the central rear passenger.

Bi-Xenon, fantastic, the turning in low speed corners, just perfect and what every driver needs. The quality of light in fog situation, i tested, better then in cars with a larger round light specter. Actually this xenons light is horizontal and cut the fog like a knife giving more profoundity of visibility.

Air-condition fine.

Park-Assist fine. At the VW Touareg meny times the park assist was crazy, loosing controle and incredibly panicfull.

The weight of the car, in a very good balance with this engine;s (320 CDI) tourque and this car's engineering of shock-absorbing and separated wheel-wings.

The braking, one of the correct and at VERY GOOD levels if I compare it with other SUV's I drove. (not EXELLENT)

The materials used for the interiors, especially doors, dash, rear luggage cover could have been more studied and need improvement at least for the MB image. The seats are fine though.

The silence in the car when driving in strong winds, or over 150 km/h is SATISFYING, not EXELLENT, but as this car is even higher then some other SUVS, and as a lot is related to the quality of asphalt and the type of wheels, living in Greece, I am not the one who can complain as we are known for almoust low-quality asphalt roads. In France I imagine this car would perform better silence. But in general when driving this car, me and my wife can speak normally, while enjoying music, without any noisy or distracting rumour that overpasses the level of music and our talking together.

The badges in the back of car, for us in GREECE are ML 320 CDI and 4 MATIC

I hope this adds to many other positive experiences and I wish to no one other experiences than positive ones.........
Old 11-21-2006, 07:59 AM

1999 ML320 W/Skyview Roof, 2013 GLK250, 2004 BMW 325Xi
BlueTec in NY.

Originally Posted by kenyee
Why do I keep thinking there are 52 states???
Probably because you are counting Canada & Mexico

Sorry guys, I couldn't help it, I caught this thread while looking for the stuff on the Bluetec M-Class. Is there really no hope that we can get this in NY?

Last edited by sik62; 11-21-2006 at 08:03 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-21-2006, 10:13 AM
Super Moderator

Received 717 Likes on 698 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
Originally Posted by sik62
Is there really no hope that we can get this in NY?
there is... just buy it out of state where they have CDI and drive to NY...
Old 04-01-2007, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by mj50
ok, 2 options for me here in california:
buy a used out of state that is 7500 miles or higher to register it in California or move to Nevada/get a new driver license/residency and buy a new ML320 CDI in Nevada ...........
any experience with any of these 2 options or advice because i want the ML320 CDI...
Old 04-01-2007, 03:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts
2000 MB G500 NMLE, 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 TDI Prestige
Originally Posted by mj50
From a very much in the know friend, who lives in NY and wants one very much, this is not an option in NY. You can't even register one used.