M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

13000 km today - Report!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From 2006 ML 320 CDI - from 2009 Audi Q5 S-Line 3.0 TDI DSG - from 2011 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE
13000 km today - Report!

Thessaloniki, Greece!

13000 km today.
Car in general fine. Only 2 messages for 2 different issues! When I had around 8000 km, Check Engine Oil Level message appeared. I checked the engine and the oil level was indeed at close to minimum level. I was scared at that moment, then I asked different friends and technitians, and I was told that MB new diesel engines have this "apetite" for some oil especially on the first 0-10000 km! They "eat" around 50 mlg per 1000 km! However my engine needed one litre of best Mobil One synthetic oil (very expensive - 24 Euro/litre) to be at betwen Min-Max level. I was advised, as car is new, the engine feels better with less then maximum level oil.

After that scary day, I did around 5000 more km till today, with loaded car, speeding over 180 km/h sometimes, driving hard in a way, and as checked today the engine was at the same level I checked at 8000 km! I was released. At least, it seems like the engine now has settled well enough and eats no more oil as before.
(This is something I have not experienced in my previous new cars, especially those with benzine fueled engines)

happy with the oil issue, the car has not signaled me again for that, i had another message for tyre check, and also this time the computer was right, my back-right tyre was down from 2.0 bar to 1.6 bar, I fixed that and restar the Run-Flat and set it Active again.

I am very very satisfied with the car, perfect for long-trips, silent, fast, in the rear seats the trip is as comfortable as infront, especially becouse of this MB soft seats. Rear entertainment (I added a PS2 charger and my son plays PS2 endlessly when we have long runs) works fine.

The 7G-tronic fantastic. Airmatic fine. Bi-xenon adaptive fantastic. Harman-Kardon &Logic coool.

Car in snow, ice, great.

Anyone still thinking to buy or not a new ML like this? Do it!

The 320 CDI is perfect!
Old 01-13-2007, 03:15 PM

2011 E-class coupe, 2012 C-class
Hi
Thanks for the nice review I am also very pleased with my ML320CDI, currently I have 16.000 km on it (6 months today). I have had problems with the rear boot lock, which was fixed after some quarrels with the workshop. Also the entire software on the car has been reflashed (hot air was permanantly being pumped on to my feet). Front screen has cracked in the bottom and MB does will not replace it in the warranty. Apart from these symtoms the car has been flawless

The only complain that I have is the fuel consumption, average is 14.8 L/100km = 6.5km/L. No matter how I drive the car I can't make it better than that. I am going to talk to MB about it next week because this is too much. I even tried to reset the the consumtion values while doing constant 90km/h on the motorway and it still did not average more than 12.9km/L. Its getting worse by the day and Im certain that there is something wrong with the car.

Last edited by AR.Shah; 01-14-2007 at 05:59 AM.
Old 01-14-2007, 07:55 AM
Almost a Member!

Hi, new to this forum!

Got my baby 5 weeks ago and love the car and ride It has been flawless so far, and the fuelconsumtion over the 2000 km I have so far is 1.18L/km and is still dropping!!
Old 01-14-2007, 08:30 AM

From 2006 ML 320 CDI - from 2009 Audi Q5 S-Line 3.0 TDI DSG - from 2011 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE
About fuel consumption!

As far as today, as i told I drove the car (ML 320 CDI) very heavy loaded, at one point I did almost Tirol/Austria - Ancona/Italy then ferry boat then Patras/Greece - Thessaloniki total around 1300 km with the MB XXL roof box full and heavy, one bicycle on the roof rails, 4 people in the cabine, completely full luggage, and the car responded perfectly in terms of airmatic performance and fuel consumption, and with that completely new aerodynamics i drove even at 180 km/h oftenly, and the average of the trip was at around 12 l/100 km!
After 13000 km i have an average 11.6 l/100 km on my screen! I think this is very satisfactory!
As I told I am oftenly driving in the busy city traffic, we live on a high hill and oftenly I do it 4 times a day, this is to say that the engine is always under pressure. I believe this average I have is OK for this car and for what this car offers to my family. Maybe it will continue to rise, but after 13000 km I believe this is about it, and can not be much much more then this.

Anyway, I wonder why at AShah car the average is so high, even driving with 90 km/h!!!!????? If i drive with 90km/h my car gives me average from 9-9.5 l/100 km, sometimes even less (in a leveled surface of course) .

I hope you can solve that or at least understand the reasons why.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:25 AM
fcm

24000 kms or 14916 s.miles no problems up to day

Hi,
from Barcelona- Spain,

no problems at all ! 24500 kms or 15226 status miles.
It is a ML350 full specs & extras.

Enjoy your ML.

Ciao, franco
Old 01-20-2008, 02:49 PM

ML320CDI
Most Likely Is The Quality Of The Petrol You Use It Makes A Diference.try Changing It And You Will See Your Numbers Changing.
Kind Regards
Old 01-21-2008, 01:48 AM

2008 Mercedes Benz ML 320 CDI
Olympic Peninsula, USA

With 6500KM on this 320 CDI, I have a report quite like dante&david. On a long trip with 3200 km on the engine, a message told me to check the engine oil level at the next fill-up. Sure enough, the oil was at the low end of the safe zone. I used Tele Aid to determine what oil I should use and put in a quart. Since then there has been no significant oil consumption. These diesels must consume some oil during break-in.

I have been impressed with the quality of this truck. I enjoy the quiet ride, the efficient transmission and the awesome sound system. I ordered the Airmatic suspension which in sport mode is quite responsive. This package comes with a cargo organizer system which I've found very handy. I'm also enjoying the fuel consumption - I have averaged 23.9 MPG ( 9.83L/100KM) in mixed driving over the last 3000KM/.

While my 320 CDI was on order, I bought a set of 17" M-B wheels and mounted Yokohama Geolander AT-S tires (235/65/17) to use in place of the standard Continental 255/50/19 during the winter. Ironically the only significant snow we've had came before I changed to the winter set, and the Continentals did just fine.

One issue I noticed today. The shiny trim strip on top of the rear bumper outside the lift gate (I don't know if it is metal or chromed plastic) is showing signs of corrosive pitting. We don't have excessive road salts here - it seems like a material defect. Does anyone else have this problem?

Last edited by dpulling; 01-21-2008 at 01:57 AM.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:09 AM

i like to ride my bike
Did you ever calculate the consumption on your own?? Do you have to visit
the gas station very often? Maybe the computer is just messed up.