M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Model Year 2008 (M-class) Info

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 06:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 ML550, 08 Lancer Evolution X
Originally Posted by jschade
These package prices are for the '08 320 CDI, I believe they will be the same for other M's:

318 Leather Pkg. $1,975
322 Appearance Pkg. $0 (now included at no cost, was $1,550 for '07)
323 Heating Pkg. $1,370
324 Sunroof Pkg. $0 (sunroof now standard)
922 Interior Appearance Pkg. $610
P01 Premium I $3,750
P02 Premium II $5,850 (now includes bi-xenon lighting package - $900 for '07)
P03 Premium III $8,600

Most individual options are up $10 over last year. I am considering ordering a CDI soon depending on how aggressive my dealer will price it.

from your qoute in order to get bi-xenon you must get PII
Old 07-19-2007, 09:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2018 S450, 2019 Range Rover LWB, 2015 Range Rover, 2019 S560 Cabriolet (awaiting delivery)
Originally Posted by IS300
from your qoute in order to get bi-xenon you must get PII
That's correct, no more separate lighting package. BTW, 2008 "Build Your Own" packages and prices just came up on the MBUSA website this morning.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:35 PM

2006 E500
BTW, 2008 "Build Your Own" packages and prices just came up on the MBUSA website this morning.
Awesome.

This answers a lot of questions about packages and prices. From my previous post, it looks as if Rain sensing wipers IS part of the Premium Pkgs (starting at P1) despite that it didn't show up when my dealer tried to order it. I also don't see multi-contour seats (which a previous poster had asked about). I don't know if the MBUSA website now settles the issue, but it seems as if it is no longer available. Also, I don't see anything mentioning the sunroof in any pkg, but it's listed in the specs...so perhaps it's now standard? The base price jumped around $2K (for the 350) and, with a few exceptions, almost every pkg is priced the same (well...most are priced $10 higher).
Old 07-19-2007, 02:12 PM

2018 S450, 2019 Range Rover LWB, 2015 Range Rover, 2019 S560 Cabriolet (awaiting delivery)
Originally Posted by gvaughn
Also, I don't see anything mentioning the sunroof in any pkg, but it's listed in the specs...so perhaps it's now standard?
Correct. Also now standard is the Homelink/TeleAid and the exterior appearance package (with 19" rims). Seems like the price increase is minimal when oyu include the items that were optional for '07.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:27 PM

2006 E500
Correct. Also now standard is the Homelink/TeleAid and the exterior appearance package (with 19" rims). Seems like the price increase is minimal when oyu include the items that were optional for '07.
I agree.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:39 PM

08 ML550, 08 Lancer Evolution X
overall the ML550 is cheaper than the ML500 since it come with the AMG styling pkg vs it was $4000 on the ML500
Old 07-25-2007, 05:42 PM

SL550
Originally Posted by Germancar1
If that is true that is a hella good price for a SUV with that much power.

M
Agreed. I just drove a 2008 ML550 that stickered around $60K with a lot of nice features (P1 package and a few other things). Figuring that dealers seem to move at least a few thousand off MSRP on the ML, I agree that it's a lot of car for the money with that engine. My E350 lease is up just after the New Year, and I'm leaning toward an ML320 CDI.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:32 PM

2006 E500
Originally Posted by gordongl450
gvaughn,

Did you inquire about the option for multicontour seats. These were an option on the ML's. I have found out that they will NOT be an option any longer on the 2008 GL450.

Thanks
Gordon,

I finally got a chance to talk to my dealer and he isn't able to find the multi-contour seats option. Thus as the MBUSA online specs for 2008 imply, and you stated previously, it looks as though multi-contour seats are out for the 2008 model year M-class. That's too bad. :-(
Old 07-30-2007, 09:25 PM

2007 GL450
Sports Seats Will Be As Good As We Can Do

I confirmed with my dealer the lack of multicontour seats in the ML series for 2008.

I just placed and order for a ML320. After a discussion with my dealer I ordered the 922 Interior Appeatance Package which will have Sports Seats. I have not been able to sit in a set of them because there are none available around here to test.

I am relying on my dealer who states that the side bolsters are larger and fuller so the seats support more. However, the web site and the 2008 SUV book discuss the cosmetic features of the 922 Interior Appearance Package, it never actually says that the seat structure is different?

Again, I am relying on my dealer who states that the seats are different. I hope he is correct.

Gordon
Old 07-31-2007, 12:38 PM

2006 E500
I confirmed with my dealer the lack of multicontour seats in the ML series for 2008.

I just placed and order for a ML320. After a discussion with my dealer I ordered the 922 Interior Appeatance Package which will have Sports Seats. I have not been able to sit in a set of them because there are none available around here to test.

I am relying on my dealer who states that the side bolsters are larger and fuller so the seats support more. However, the web site and the 2008 SUV book discuss the cosmetic features of the 922 Interior Appearance Package, it never actually says that the seat structure is different?

Again, I am relying on my dealer who states that the seats are different. I hope he is correct.

Gordon
Did you happen to notice what the description for this package is on the "Build Your Own" website?

2008 Packages
922 Interior Appearance Package
Interior Appearance Package
Includes Alcantara seat inserts, interior ambient lighting feature, and dramatic aluminum trim.

Not available with Multicontour Seats Package

If multicontour seats are no longer available, why put this statement in there? They must have removed the multicontour seats at the last minute.

BTW...are the 2008 M-class booklets out yet? If so, I'll have to make sure to get one from my dealer.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:39 PM

2007 GL450
2008 Brochure Has All SUV's Together

Yes I have the new 2008 brochure and it has all of the SUV's together in one book. The ML, GL, R and G classes all together. It is rather overwhelming at the end when sorting through the pages on specifications and options. And obviously, because everything is together there are almost no detailed photographs of any specific options. Just a lot of full sized images of the outside of the trucks and the interiors. It 's really terrible in my opinion.

My dealer said that MB USA did it this way because many customers want to be able to compare all the SUV models. I actually don't buy that. I think that a GL or a ML customer investigating those two SUV's won't care at all about the R Class and certainly doesn't care at all about the G class!

I did not see what your referred to about the "not available with multicontour seats" because that is on the build your own for the ML350. I have been looking at the build your own for the ML320 and that statement about the multicontour seats is not on that aearance package deatils page.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:48 PM

2006 E500
Yes I have the new 2008 brochure and it has all of the SUV's together in one book. The ML, GL, R and G classes all together. It is rather overwhelming at the end when sorting through the pages on specifications and options. And obviously, because everything is together there are almost no detailed photographs of any specific options. Just a lot of full sized images of the outside of the trucks and the interiors. It 's really terrible in my opinion.

My dealer said that MB USA did it this way because many customers want to be able to compare all the SUV models. I actually don't buy that. I think that a GL or a ML customer investigating those two SUV's won't care at all about the R Class and certainly doesn't care at all about the G class!

I did not see what your referred to about the "not available with multicontour seats" because that is on the build your own for the ML350. I have been looking at the build your own for the ML320 and that statement about the multicontour seats is not on that aearance package deatils page.
Yeah...that's too much together, IMHO. I wonder why they didn't create a "compare" booklet, and a separate one for each class. Considering how much money they get for each vehicle, you'd think they'd do as much as they can to convince you to buy one (i.e. provide MORE info...not less).
Old 08-01-2007, 03:13 PM

2008 ML 550

I have these sport seats on a new 2008 ML 550 that I just got on Friday. These seats are awesome. They make the interior of my vehicle the most favorite sight of the vehicle. Besides appearance, they are a snug fight. They grab you nicely and are really supportive. I have the black leather seats with black alacantra inserts that is what I would recommend for any Mercedes with Black exterior.

Gordon
Old 08-01-2007, 03:23 PM

2008 ML 550
922: Lumbar Support and Perma Plate

Another thing... you are able to adjust lumbar support on the drivers seat too. I recommend Perma Plate if you do puchase 922 w/alacantra inserts. That is a fabric protector that is applied at the dealership and also includes an exterior protector and your own take-home kit for car care.
Originally Posted by K7014
I have these sport seats on a new 2008 ML 550 that I just got on Friday. These seats are awesome. They make the interior of my vehicle the most favorite sight of the vehicle. Besides appearance, they are a snug fight. They grab you nicely and are really supportive. I have the black leather seats with black alacantra inserts that is what I would recommend for any Mercedes with Black exterior.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:43 PM

2006 E500
Another thing... you are able to adjust lumbar support on the drivers seat too. I recommend Perma Plate if you do puchase 922 w/alacantra inserts. That is a fabric protector that is applied at the dealership and also includes an exterior protector and your own take-home kit for car care.
Can you shed some light on the alcantara inserts? I take it they feel like raw-hide or suede? If possible, can you post a pic of what they look like in your vehicle? I was kind of adverse to the idea at first, but maybe I'll change my mind. Also, in the heat, would you say they will be cooler than regular leather, hotter, or the same (in your opinion)?

Thanks,

Greg
Old 08-01-2007, 05:04 PM

2008 ML 550

The alacantra inserts basically feel to me as suede. It is a very soft texture. I am attaching the picture from Mercedes for now until I capture my own image tomorrow of the interior of my ML 550. I would capture and post today but I'm not able to do it today since my car is in the shop... I got the car on Friday, had a flat on Sunday and just yesterday Mercedes put a 103 H tire which is standard to the 07's on my 08' which is supposed to have 107 H tires. So they're holding my vehicle until tomorrow for the correct 08 tire.

Here is the Mercedes pic incase you are unable to find it online...

I do live in Florida so the heat factor on the suede like material was a possible concern at first to me but I knew the appearance of the seats would take away all concerns. The material to me while sitting on it doesn't feel "all" that different, but I say this because it "is' slightly different. It doesn't compare to a full leather seat. A seat like such obviously would provide a all around cool feel. But this seat being the it is partially leather and partially alacantra inserts, is cool around the sides and has a real miniscule heaviness to it. It's not apparent being that that clothing in general takes away any feeling of a "heated" feel.

I definitely know that I made the right choice. I wanted the sports seats which meant that I "had" to get the 922 Interior Appearance Package which makes you select an alacantra insert. If I were to get another Mercedes in a few years, I would definitely select an option like this again. Everyone that has driven in my vehicle is very amazed by the appearance of the seats and it is not just the two front seats, it is also provided on the back seats.

I will most definitely post a few pics of my interior and exterior tomorrow so that you can get a feel for the ML, mine being ML 550 and the Interior Appearance Package. I hope this response answers your questions to the feel of the alacantra as best as possible.

Can you shed some light on the alcantara inserts? I take it they feel like raw-hide or suede? If possible, can you post a pic of what they look like in your vehicle? I was kind of adverse to the idea at first, but maybe I'll change my mind. Also, in the heat, would you say they will be cooler than regular leather, hotter, or the same (in your opinion)?

Thanks,

Greg
Old 08-01-2007, 05:11 PM

2008 ML 550

Sorry. Maybe this will work.
Attached Thumbnails Model Year 2008 (M-class) Info-p7014.jpg  
Old 08-01-2007, 05:53 PM

2007 GL450
Sports Seats Information, Thanks

Hi K7014,

Thank you very much for posting your info on the Sports Seats. As I said I have them ordered in Ash, but have never sat in them. It's great to get the positive review. I am glad they fit tightly. Please try to post images.

gvaughn,

There is a good picture of the interior in Ash from a few weeks ago on this ML site. Look for "Our New ML350" by akbro93704.

Gordon
Old 08-01-2007, 06:03 PM

'13 ML350 Bluetec for work, E550 for pleasure, & ML350 for my wife
My wife & I just got back from test driving the ML550, which just arrived today at my prefered dealer. We were suitably impressed. It feels a lot tighter than my wife's 2005 ML500, and more nimble than my GL450. It only had MBtex, which to me is kind of wrong for a $63k vehicle.
The included "no cost" AMG package is pretty nice. My wife does not like the running boards as much as the ones on her "Special Edition" '05, but said she would live with them.
We questioned the salesman about the Edition 10 package, and when it would become available, but he claimed ignorance of the package.
All in all it was very nice.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:27 PM

2006 E500
Alcantara Seats

Thanks for the responses Gordon and K7014.

I think I'll have to go in and see if they have a car in stock with these seats. It's too difficult to tell how I will feel about them from the pictures I've seen.

It also seems as if I might need to re-order my ML-350 since the one they ordered for me included the Rear Ent. System in it and not the running boards (I think they transposed codes when they entered them into the system since 1 is 864 and the other is 846 I think - going from memory). In anycase...it looks as if it's at an end build-stage and may not be reconfigurable. :-(

Oh well. Either way, it's my wife's car and she won't be doing too much driving really soon (we have 2 newborns at home now)...so we can wait to get it right.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:43 PM

2008 ML 550
Alacantra inserts...

Sorry that I wasn't able to post yesterday. Unfortunately, I was aiming to pick-up my vehicle but was rather involved in a serious and near fatal car accident yesterday AM. Luckily, I have my life and my it wasn't my new car that I ended up crashing into a wall off of I95 and Sunrise Blvd. Some 24 yr old in a red pick-up truck driving three lanes from the right side of the interstate hit a green volvo in the second lane which then hit my Mercedes C230 loaner car while I was driving in the far right lane and forced me at 50-60mph off of the interstate, thru the grass and into a concrete wall. I am very thankful to the man above for leaving me with a soar and bruised hip and knee rather than broken bones, serious injuries and/or death. If your car EVER goes in for service, request a Mercedes loaner, don't let them put you in an enterprise or other loaner vehicle. I clearly was at the wrong place at the wrong time... and will be seeing the driver that caused me to crash into that cement wall at his hearing.

Anyways, back to the alacantra seats, I will go take my pictures now of the interior and exterior for you all to see. I'll post within the hour.

Hi K7014,

Thank you very much for posting your info on the Sports Seats. As I said I have them ordered in Ash, but have never sat in them. It's great to get the positive review. I am glad they fit tightly. Please try to post images.

gvaughn,

There is a good picture of the interior in Ash from a few weeks ago on this ML site. Look for "Our New ML350" by akbro93704.

Gordon
Old 08-03-2007, 09:38 PM

2007 GL450
Alacantra Seats

K,

Sorry about the accident. Did the Mercedes construction, even thought it was a small C series, protect you in any way. I mean, it's better than being in a Chevy Cavalier, right?

Looking forward to the interior pictures. I am a little nervous about what I ordered. This is a long term purchase for me and I never even saw the interior in person, but I knew I needed to have Sports Seats.

Gordon
Old 08-04-2007, 06:10 PM

2006 E500
Sorry that I wasn't able to post yesterday. Unfortunately, I was aiming to pick-up my vehicle but was rather involved in a serious and near fatal car accident yesterday AM. Luckily, I have my life and my it wasn't my new car that I ended up crashing into a wall off of I95 and Sunrise Blvd. Some 24 yr old in a red pick-up truck driving three lanes from the right side of the interstate hit a green volvo in the second lane which then hit my Mercedes C230 loaner car while I was driving in the far right lane and forced me at 50-60mph off of the interstate, thru the grass and into a concrete wall. I am very thankful to the man above for leaving me with a soar and bruised hip and knee rather than broken bones, serious injuries and/or death. If your car EVER goes in for service, request a Mercedes loaner, don't let them put you in an enterprise or other loaner vehicle. I clearly was at the wrong place at the wrong time... and will be seeing the driver that caused me to crash into that cement wall at his hearing.

Anyways, back to the alacantra seats, I will go take my pictures now of the interior and exterior for you all to see. I'll post within the hour.
Wow, that sounds really bad. I hope everything is ok with you. Take your time on the pics.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:15 PM

2008 ML 550
I'm having trouble posting the pictures....

But yes, the C-Class held up quite well considering the impact. I have to figure out how to get some of the pictures from the accident up and some exterior and interior pictures of my ML550 with the alacantra seats...

Wow, that sounds really bad. I hope everything is ok with you. Take your time on the pics.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:46 PM

2008 ML 550
Here are pics of the Mercedes C230 that was kicked off of I95 on Thursday AM. I was very lucky to have just bruises to my right hip from the seatbelt, bruises to my left knee and left arm from I suppose the airbag.

I'm having trouble posting the pictures....

But yes, the C-Class held up quite well considering the impact. I have to figure out how to get some of the pictures from the accident up and some exterior and interior pictures of my ML550 with the alacantra seats...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Model Year 2008 (M-class) Info