M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Goodbye Mercedes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 05:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 GL 320 CDI
Angry Goodbye Mercedes

The dealer has just informed me that neither they or MBUSA will consider repurchasing my daughters 2008 ML 320 that died on her two weeks ago at 50 mph. She was lucky to get the car to the side of the road and of course no fault codes are present just as they were not present in her 2007 that had the same problems. The only way they would consider helping was if we bought another MB from them which is not likely as we have already been this route in replacing her 2007.

An attorney has advised me that legal fees to pursue such a case against MBUSA and Mercedes of Columbus, Georgia would run in the $8,000 range and that any case would take at least a year to contest during which time my daughter would not have the car in question to drive.

Based on this I am just going to take my lumps and pay up to get her out of this car into another brand. I will never again consider any Mercedes product or Mercedes of Columbus given their actions.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Suzuki Burgman Executive
stupid you
Old 06-18-2008, 02:16 AM

2007 ML 500
Originally Posted by audi_guy
stupid you
what would make you say that?

i left audi's for a very similar reason. my experience with my local dealership weren't great or professional, and the lack of AoA's help sealed the deal for me.

basically they didn't want to hear my side of the story and sided with the dealer.

i sold my a4, tt, and s8 because of that and do my best to say away from VAG products.
Old 06-18-2008, 03:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by jwscfa
The dealer has just informed me that neither they or MBUSA will consider repurchasing my daughters 2008 ML 320 that died on her two weeks ago at 50 mph. She was lucky to get the car to the side of the road and of course no fault codes are present just as they were not present in her 2007 that had the same problems. The only way they would consider helping was if we bought another MB from them which is not likely as we have already been this route in replacing her 2007.

An attorney has advised me that legal fees to pursue such a case against MBUSA and Mercedes of Columbus, Georgia would run in the $8,000 range and that any case would take at least a year to contest during which time my daughter would not have the car in question to drive.

Based on this I am just going to take my lumps and pay up to get her out of this car into another brand. I will never again consider any Mercedes product or Mercedes of Columbus given their actions.
You do have recourse, the car is under warranty correct? Take it to another dealer, and get the car fixed if Mercedes in Columbus is that retarded. Honestly, I don't think you are looking at the situation rationally, the cards are on your side, MBUSA must fix your car, as it is under warranty. Cars do have issues, as anything could have a problem brand new of the lot or out of the box.

Old 06-18-2008, 08:28 AM
Almost a Member!

MB GLK 2010
good!

I don't blame you. But since it's under warranty they should fix it without any issue. I have MANY problems with my 2006 ML-350 ALSO. I dealt with one dealer and they were not very professional. So, I took my car to another dealer and has better success. I have to drive TWO HOURS one way to the dealer. I live in a small town and the closes MB Dealer is in Kansas City. I have wasted so many hours driving to the dealer to get my car fixed (at least 10 times within a year, but under warranty!!). Once my lease is up I will go with a more reliable upper scale car, such as Lexus, Acura, or Infiniti. Japanese cars, in general, is better. Seems like European cars have problems. Remember the MLs are built in ALABAMA! Why pay such a HIGH PRICE for a car that is not built well?! Good luck.
Old 06-18-2008, 09:05 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2021 GLC 300 4Matic
It never ceases to amaze me how shortsighted MBUSA can be. It is in MBUSA's best interest to keep customers satisfied, so that they will continue to purchase/lease MB products.

I had a 2002 ML 350 that had electrical problems that the dealer & MBUSA claimed they had no fix for. I retained a lemon law attorney who filed suit against both the dealer & MBUSA. The attorney took the case on contingency, so there was no out of pocket expense for me.

MBUSA retained a large local firm to represent them, as did the dealer. MBUSA dragged out the case for over a year, spending thousands of dollars defending themselves. In the end, they developed a fix for the problem, and we agreed on a cash settlement that compensated me for a year's loss of use, as well as attorney's fees.

In the end, they spent much more than it would have cost to simply replace the vehicle. IMHO, MBUSA is run by a very arrogant group of individuals. If you have a good dealer, it helps, as they can go to bat for you. If not, you are on your own.
Old 06-18-2008, 05:08 PM

Suzuki Burgman Executive
she will go to a lexus het her daughter a rx400h she will praise it than she will notice how many parts are of the siena i,e the shifter

http://assets.clickmotive.com/ail/st...st0640_087.jpg

http://us.autos1.yimg.com/img.autos....ft_640x480.jpg

than she will see how the leather is the same the "wood" grain dash is by the time she notices all of this she would have forgotten about the benz issues and her daughter will be in the new glk in now time
Old 06-18-2008, 06:19 PM

that red one
You also might want to do some reasearch regarding Georgia's "Lemon Law". Did the attorney you talked mention this to you?
Old 06-19-2008, 09:40 AM

2008 GL 320 CDI
The information in my original message was from a lemon law attorney basing his opinion on Georgia's lemon law. The fees were based on if we could not prove our case. The issue now is that my daughter is scared to drive the car in that it almost caused a serious accident by dying at 55 MPH. Mercedes of Columbus and MBUSA by saying that there are no fault codes have little regard to the possibility that this could happen again in another situation, say Atlanta rush hour traffic at 70 MPH, that could be fatal.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:45 PM

'05 BMW 545i, '09 E350 4Matic
Originally Posted by audi_guy
she will go to a lexus het her daughter a rx400h she will praise it than she will notice how many parts are of the siena i,e the shifter

http://assets.clickmotive.com/ail/st...st0640_087.jpg

http://us.autos1.yimg.com/img.autos....ft_640x480.jpg

than she will see how the leather is the same the "wood" grain dash is by the time she notices all of this she would have forgotten about the benz issues and her daughter will be in the new glk in now time
Huh?
Old 06-19-2008, 05:22 PM

08 ML350; 07' Acura RDX; 05'FX45; 03'Murano
Talking

Originally Posted by jwscfa
The information in my original message was from a lemon law attorney basing his opinion on Georgia's lemon law. The fees were based on if we could not prove our case. The issue now is that my daughter is scared to drive the car in that it almost caused a serious accident by dying at 55 MPH. Mercedes of Columbus and MBUSA by saying that there are no fault codes have little regard to the possibility that this could happen again in another situation, say Atlanta rush hour traffic at 70 MPH, that could be fatal.
I think you should try another lawyer. Lawyers are not created equally, if God created them on Earth by mistakes.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:15 AM

had a 99 C 43
mtrandpm , What KC dealer are you using ?
Old 06-23-2008, 08:42 AM
Almost a Member!

MB GLK 2010
DrBenz08, I am using Aristocrats motor in KC (Shawnee Mission).
Old 06-23-2008, 08:51 PM

2008 Ml350
what do yo u mean by DIED?

Is it not fixable? I mean what was the real issue?

This happened to her 07 and her 08?

Hmmmmm maybe something else is up?
Old 06-26-2008, 06:46 AM

From 2006 ML 320 CDI - from 2009 Audi Q5 S-Line 3.0 TDI DSG - from 2011 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE
WOW!

Is hard to believe this that happened to you! 2 times the same thing in two different new ML's! Unbelievable! If as it seems this really happened you are the only one in the world I guess!
Are you sure your daughter does not carry any special electronic device in her trips inside these cars?
Is she passing by any special production plant or big radio station or big transmiters?
Another possibility would be a poor quality of fuel! Are you sure you fill proper and clean fuel? Sometimes, maybe one would never imagine, fuel stations may sell to you fuel full of dirt or water (in the case someone would steal on his own without superviser's approval, or sometimes I know cases that supervisors partecipate in cheating and alterating fuel!).
One more scenario would be someone, in the dealer's service or where you check your car, would make a joke to your engine by puting some sugar on its oil intake!
All this is confirmed by the fact that you mention that the diagnostic check finds nothing!
I would'nt wish even to my enemies this problem that your daughter experienced!

Last edited by dante&david; 06-26-2008 at 06:48 AM.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:21 PM

Suzuki Burgman Executive
Originally Posted by dante&david
Is hard to believe this that happened to you! 2 times the same thing in two different new ML's! Unbelievable! If as it seems this really happened you are the only one in the world I guess!
Are you sure your daughter does not carry any special electronic device in her trips inside these cars?
Is she passing by any special production plant or big radio station or big transmiters?
Another possibility would be a poor quality of fuel! Are you sure you fill proper and clean fuel? Sometimes, maybe one would never imagine, fuel stations may sell to you fuel full of dirt or water (in the case someone would steal on his own without superviser's approval, or sometimes I know cases that supervisors partecipate in cheating and alterating fuel!).
One more scenario would be someone, in the dealer's service or where you check your car, would make a joke to your engine by puting some sugar on its oil intake!
All this is confirmed by the fact that you mention that the diagnostic check finds nothing!
I would'nt wish even to my enemies this problem that your daughter experienced!
your right about the fuel when i got my sprinter at first theyre was a low demand for diesel in the states so diesel just sat at gas stations for a while and sometimes the car would die. with diesel in demand and ulsd being used i have no problems. chicago has plenty of diesels idk about the town she is from.