M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Brake pad/rotor approx cost - 2007 ML 350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 10:36 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2007 ML 350 - VIN 4JGBB86E17A211020
Brake pad/rotor approx cost - 2007 ML 350

Just got that infamous warning light @79K miles indicating brake wear has exceeded limits...a few questions for MBWorld readers based on rumors and my previous brake job @ 45K miles:

1. I had only my rear pads/rotors replaced @45K which was completely backwards from what I experienced with other vehicles including my 1991 190E. My local MB mechanic said due to the all time 4 wheel drive MLs can wear our rears first, fronts first or both depending on how the all wheel drive reacts.

2. Based on the previous info should I expect to replace pads/rotors on all four wheels?

3. Traveling on business I don't have my previous repair bill but I seem to recollect the it was around $300 a wheel for rotor/pad replacement.

Im not trying to be cheap as we really want to keep this ML forever...its a great vehicle...just want to get close to a budget figure.

BTW, thanks for the previous steer on tire selection; the Michelins make the ML drive like its on rails with much lower noise levels...
Old 01-03-2011, 11:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML320CDI 2008 all options inc air suspension
Originally Posted by Rauhbatz
Just got that infamous warning light @79K miles indicating brake wear has exceeded limits...a few questions for MBWorld readers based on rumors and my previous brake job @ 45K miles:

1. I had only my rear pads/rotors replaced @45K which was completely backwards from what I experienced with other vehicles including my 1991 190E. My local MB mechanic said due to the all time 4 wheel drive MLs can wear our rears first, fronts first or both depending on how the all wheel drive reacts.

2. Based on the previous info should I expect to replace pads/rotors on all four wheels?

3. Traveling on business I don't have my previous repair bill but I seem to recollect the it was around $300 a wheel for rotor/pad replacement.

Im not trying to be cheap as we really want to keep this ML forever...its a great vehicle...just want to get close to a budget figure.

BTW, thanks for the previous steer on tire selection; the Michelins make the ML drive like its on rails with much lower noise levels...
https://www.getmercedesparts.com/mer...***-parts.html
Check out this site and in the future get a quote on whole sale and most dealers will match the price and add labor. if you can DIY, you will be alot further ahead.The are posts with pics to help you do a brake job
Old 01-04-2011, 08:27 AM

2011 GL450, '06 R500 traded, '08 ML350 sold
Originally Posted by Vernl
https://www.getmercedesparts.com/mer...***-parts.html
Check out this site and in the future get a quote on whole sale and most dealers will match the price and add labor. if you can DIY, you will be alot further ahead.The are posts with pics to help you do a brake job
So the prices on this site are wholesale dealer prices? If so why would any dealer agree to match. This is good to know but I am not sure how it will work. Is this something you typically receive? I guess the dealer still gets their $XXX per hour of labor but still...
Old 01-04-2011, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by aggst1
So the prices on this site are wholesale dealer prices? If so why would any dealer agree to match. This is good to know but I am not sure how it will work. Is this something you typically receive? I guess the dealer still gets their $XXX per hour of labor but still...
This is of course up to the individual dealer, but several other folks on this site have taken parts prices from them to their own dealer and had them agree to sell them the parts for the same and do the install.Of course if they dont agree, the alternative is DIY or buy the parts and have an indy shop do it for you.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:01 PM

2011 GL450, '06 R500 traded, '08 ML350 sold
This is of course up to the individual dealer, but several other folks on this site have taken parts prices from them to their own dealer and had them agree to sell them the parts for the same and do the install.Of course if they dont agree, the alternative is DIY or buy the parts and have an indy shop do it for you.
Worth a shot! Thanks
Old 01-05-2011, 12:00 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2007 ML 350 - VIN 4JGBB86E17A211020
Thanks for the link and helpful steer...

I get a discount at Advance so I may just buy the pads and rotors myself.....
Old 01-05-2011, 10:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Yes these shops must love their customers that bring in their cheaply purchased parts. Sort of puts the customer on marginal footing with them before they even start the job.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by sosh
Yes these shops must love their customers that bring in their cheaply purchased parts. Sort of puts the customer on marginal footing with them before they even start the job.
Many dealers provide the parts at the same price if asked.You missed the point.Why is it any different negotiating parts prices, than negotiating the price on a new vehicle or asking for a free set of 200 dollar floor mats to close a deal.

Last edited by Vernl; 01-05-2011 at 10:27 AM.