M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Autoenginuity Scanner??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 06:13 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2008 ML350 4Matic
Autoenginuity Scanner??

Has anyone on this group bought the autoenginuity scanner?

Any regrets?

I'm looking to buy the scanner and the extension software.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ML550
I have the Autoengenuity laptop software with the OBD II cable and it works quite well for very basic tasks requiring readouts of data available through the OBD II socket like basic CEL codes. If you work on your ML much, I'd suggest investing the $450 or so needed to buy an aftermarket DAS with multiplexer. Then you're using the actual MB software and have virtually full functionality of reading out and working with all control units on the vehicle, not just the ECU. Most of the aftermarket set-ups consist of a multiplexer, cables and a HD for a laptop that has a serial port.
Old 03-08-2014, 02:48 PM

Received 56 Likes on 55 Posts
2005 c230SS
Autoenginuity has a Mercedes diagnostic extension product -- EI17 -- that I've heard does most if not all of what STAR does. The base product supposedly does little more than OBD2, which is engine/emissions diagnostics only. Komp66, I would assume you just had the AE base product and not the MB extension?

I am also looking at this tool, base ST06 plus MB extension EI17 for around $450 new ... it would be great to hear from anyone out there who has used it and can compare it to STAR.

Thanks. John
Old 05-04-2015, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK500
Did you get this?
Old 05-04-2015, 11:40 AM

2005 c230SS
nope, never got it.

My tranny is still acting up a bit when dead cold, and still has the TCC unlock delay when coming to a stop when fully warmed up.

Maybe this summer I will get something.
Old 05-04-2015, 01:56 PM

CLK500
I have it, just haven't got it all sorted out yet.
Old 05-04-2015, 03:04 PM

2005 c230SS
I'd be happy to help you (remotely) wade though the manuals to try to figure things out. I personally am interested in how well it can monitor the transmission functions.

I just downloaded:
* scantool_user_guide.pdf
* quick_installation_guide.pdf
* enhanced_mercedes_user_guide.pdf

Unfortunately the mercedes guide doesn't list our the MB specific metrics as I would have expected. Does this mean you just have to pick it up from the UI? Or am I missing a doc?

Let me know if you are having difficulty with a certain area and I'll read up on it.

Q: Did they give you an ODBII pigtail so the box doesn't have to stick straight out from the plug?

Q: Also, can you tell us how much you paid for it? Did you get a deal anywhere or just purchase through them directly?

Thanks. John
Old 05-05-2015, 10:35 AM

CLK500
This is what I got so far.

Let me know if you are having difficulty with a certain area and I'll read up on it. I talked to them and its just one of the more difficult cars to deal with.

Q: Did they give you an ODBII pigtail so the box doesn't have to stick straight out from the plug? It sticks down and you have to be careful or it could get broken.

Q: Also, can you tell us how much you paid for it? Did you get a deal anywhere or just purchase through them directly? I already had it for my Dodge cummins and its worked geat, saved me lots of money at the dealer. So i thought lets try this out. Purchased direct for $243. I found where you can reset the adaptive drive for trans and engine.

Thanks. John[/QUOTE]