M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

FL lawyer used car issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 11:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
08 ML CDI
FL lawyer used car issues

Would anybody recommend a used car lawyer in FL? I bought a car in tampa and im having some issues with the car. Its been 2 weeks since i bought it and I was wondering if there something that can be done to return it. i am really contemplating on doing that. Car has been turned over through 3 dealers and they werent mentioned in carfax meaning this car was never registered with these dealers. Thank you in advance.
Old 07-21-2013, 12:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 ML320 Bluetec
Dealers don't have to register anything but sales to non-dealers. Thats the special privilege the state gives to dealers. Carfax has no special authority.
Old 07-21-2013, 12:42 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
ML350
Is that your problem? That car has been with 3 dealers? Seriously?
Old 07-22-2013, 04:54 PM

08 ML CDI
yes...becasue I FOUND out the hard way why!!!! Leaking power steering, turbo and oil cooler, abs sensors faulty, etc...
Old 07-22-2013, 06:26 PM

ML350
nothing you can do about car going through 3 dealers.
Did you check the car out before driving it off the lot or did you take their word for it?
Is it still under warranty?
Old 07-22-2013, 08:00 PM

08 ML CDI
Trust me , if i would have warranty I wouldnt be posting here

Motto, You cant teach old dog new tricks...haha, applies to me. NOW.

PJ AutoWorld, "renown" classic car reseller. Salesman was nice, informative, on time, etc. I drove from east coast FL to tampa to get this car in person.

I get there in the morning, car starts fine, its all clean inside/out. I try to play with radio, and the sounds doesnt work. Radio is on, changes to all the different functions but theres no audio. Hmm.....Salesman comes in says that they changed battery yesterday, maybe something is not hooked up, after checking for over an hour in the back they decided to drive it to a dealer. Meanwhile I was sort of pushed into doing paper work. i used my judgement based on AutoCheck ( 1 owner) , visual inspection of what i could do ( it was raining ) clean interior, clean engine bay, starts right up, no oil leaks on floor ( maybe rain washed it off?). An ofcourse i saw them pull away from lot to dealer. So it sort of drives. LOL.

Anyway, paperwork was finally done few hours down the road, but car wasnts still ready . So they said they will ship the car. i agreed.

Car comes in 2 days later. I drive it for about 100 feet to my garage and park it. Next day I washed it and gave it to my brother to fill it up. He calls me that there was banging sound in back and ABS lights came on. So after talking to them, they bought 2 sensors for rear wheels. Ok, i was amazed that they did. Anyway, i changed them and went to the dealer and tech tells me its actually front left sensor that need to be changed. Besides that I got more news..leaking PS , and engine oil ( probably cooler) i changed the turbo seal already.( It was leaking too). Anyway i decided to purchase these front sensors on my won, since they are alot cheaper then rears ( dont know why, fronts have alot more wire and are $45, rear are like 10" long and are $130). Anyway i just changed these front sensors and lights went away. I can at least cancel the mb appointment to clear codes.

I was worried that maybe ABS unit horror story would arrise but so far , knock on wood, it was just sensors. But main concerns is still here, PS leak. I am ready to do the seals on the cooler, im mentally prepared for it. But this freaking PS tower is located in a place where i think you have to drop the entire bottom in order to get any access to it.

Any opinions on it getting worse with time? i really dont have any plans for fixing it. I feel like gluing another seal on top of this thing and hopefully itll hold lol.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:46 PM

ML350
And I thought I buy cars fast. I got my ML350 in under 30 minutes. But, BUT...i put in the clause "subject to inspection before they send in the documents".
Old 07-23-2013, 05:05 AM

ml 320 cdi/ lexus V8 soarer
!!

Last edited by davey one; 07-23-2013 at 05:27 AM.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:37 AM

ML350
Yes I did inspect the brake pads,and camera too. And I will be talking to the inspector for this brake check that did and said 50% left. From the outside it sure looks ok, but the wear sign is now on, and per Mb dealer the inside pad has worn more than outside.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:45 AM

08 ML CDI
Thats a good line. Dont mind if i use it in the future.

Originally Posted by chikoo
And I thought I buy cars fast. I got my ML350 in under 30 minutes. But, BUT...i put in the clause "subject to inspection before they send in the documents".