M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550
View Poll Results: Are there any recalls for this oil leak problem?
Yes
0%
No
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

oil leaks in intake/ PCV 2010 ML350 bluetech

Old 02-24-2019, 02:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Ml350 bluetech
oil leaks in intake/ PCV 2010 ML350 bluetech

Hello all, I'm Rocco from Toronto Canada. Truck currently has 142K on it. Purchased a 2010 Ml350 Bluetech solely for the diesel engine, thinking it would be great on fuel consuption and last almost forever. Turning out to be a big disapointment. Had the oil cooler seals replaced by and independent shop. Had purchase extended warranty but they would not cover this item as it was not in their list. (to anyone out there considering purchasing aftermarket warranty...don't, its a waste of $2500 ++). Hard lesson learned. When the shop replaced the oil seals they also had to clean out the intake manifolds and heads as there were caked with tons of carbon..and I mean tons!. One year later there is an oil leak at the front of the engine (picture attached). this is the second attempt at having this leak fixed. Many seals were replaced and now it still leaks. i am told by the mechanic It could be 1 or both of 2 things. 1. the turbo seals are gone...2. the oil rings on the pistons are gone. He mentioned that if I pIan on keeping it, I could add a catch can? I don't get it. What would cause this amount of oil to get into the intake? I purchased this vehicle at 55K and was in mint condition. Changed the oil every 6K religiously and not the 15K prescribed by Mercedes. Are these engines that badly engineered? I have owned 6 VW's, 5 Audis, 3 Fords, 1 Gm, 2 Dodges in my life time and NEVER have I come across anything like this. Has anyone else had this specific problem? What did you do about it? Please help.

Mechanic claims he drained approx 400ml of oil from the aluminum pipe.
Old 02-25-2019, 09:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML350
Originally Posted by roccomorra
Hello all, I'm Rocco from Toronto Canada. Truck currently has 142K on it. Purchased a 2010 Ml350 Bluetech solely for the diesel engine, thinking it would be great on fuel consuption and last almost forever. Turning out to be a big disapointment. Had the oil cooler seals replaced by and independent shop. Had purchase extended warranty but they would not cover this item as it was not in their list. (to anyone out there considering purchasing aftermarket warranty...don't, its a waste of $2500 ++). Hard lesson learned. When the shop replaced the oil seals they also had to clean out the intake manifolds and heads as there were caked with tons of carbon..and I mean tons!. One year later there is an oil leak at the front of the engine (picture attached). this is the second attempt at having this leak fixed. Many seals were replaced and now it still leaks. i am told by the mechanic It could be 1 or both of 2 things. 1. the turbo seals are gone...2. the oil rings on the pistons are gone. He mentioned that if I pIan on keeping it, I could add a catch can? I don't get it. What would cause this amount of oil to get into the intake? I purchased this vehicle at 55K and was in mint condition. Changed the oil every 6K religiously and not the 15K prescribed by Mercedes. Are these engines that badly engineered? I have owned 6 VW's, 5 Audis, 3 Fords, 1 Gm, 2 Dodges in my life time and NEVER have I come across anything like this. Has anyone else had this specific problem? What did you do about it? Please help.

Mechanic claims he drained approx 400ml of oil from the aluminum pipe.
Why don't you delete your emissions system? A lot of your issues will be gone. Your motor has a lot of life left in it. E-tests are gone in April in Ontario.
Old 02-28-2019, 02:36 PM
Super Moderator

Received 711 Likes on 692 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
moved to W164 forum...