M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

P1 and P2 price increase

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 03:03 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2020 Panamera GTS
P1 and P2 price increase

each went up $400 usd from the original press release from a couple of weeks ago. IE: P2 was 5050 now on mbusa.com is 5450 and without the heated/cooled cup holders.
Why would the price go up for less?
Are they going to retroactively install the cup holder when it's available? for the price increase, they better.
Or give me a good deal on the lease.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Originally Posted by jtorrebl
each went up $400 usd from the original press release from a couple of weeks ago. IE: P2 was 5050 now on mbusa.com is 5450 and without the heated/cooled cup holders.
Are they going to retroactively install the cup holder when it's available? for the price increase, they better.
So whats your point??
Old 09-06-2011, 10:28 AM

2020 Panamera GTS
Uh, it's a rant. And information to potential buyers. That IS what forums are for. I'm just saying this ml launch has been pretty messy. As you can see from other threads regarding options and now pricing.
What do you care you have your 2010 and doubt you're in the market for a 2012.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Uh, it's a rant. And information to potential buyers. That IS what forums are for. I'm just saying this ml launch has been pretty messy. As you can see from other threads regarding options and now pricing.
What do you care you have your 2010 and doubt you're in the market for a 2012.
Launch is typical MB and many other manufacturers. Who are you to say what I want and what I will do? From this and other posts of yours you seem to be very cost focused. Why not just speak with your dealer and get the full info instead of relying on the internet.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,182 Likes on 850 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
Option pricing

You can be sure the bean counters finalized their analysis and had to find more profit somewhere. It's more palatable for most to raise the price on options 90% of buyers will get than raise the base. At least the base did not go up from last year.

I'd say either they just neglected to list the temperature controlled cupholders, or if they are to be introduced later, there's not much chance there will be a free retrofit.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:50 PM

2020 Panamera GTS
Originally Posted by sosh
Launch is typical MB and many other manufacturers. Who are you to say what I want and what I will do? From this and other posts of yours you seem to be very cost focused. Why not just speak with your dealer and get the full info instead of relying on the internet.
Cost focused? This has been my first post in 50 on this site that I have even talked about cost. I am option focused. I need a car now and unfortunately MBUSA doesn't have the options I want NOW. Cost is not an issue. If I could pay MBUSA for the air suspension and the HID lights, I would gladly pay up. They wont' let me. My other post regarding leather is since I want at least the P2 package but my dealer doesn't have many available. Out of 15, 2 have P2 and neither of them has leather. So I'm stuck with the cheaper option, MB Tex. That is why I asked to see if it's that bad or not. Cost is not an issue.

'Who am I to say what you want'. What's wrong? I'm just complaining and informing other users about changes that have occurred with this launch. MBUSA is charging more for less. I just have to take what they have. I have baby due in 2 weeks, so some urgency to get this car. I'm sorry to have offended you. Sheesh.

Last point, Dealers don't know Jack about this launch. There have been many times when forum dwellers find out more info than your average salesman. Smarty.

Last edited by jtorrebl; 09-06-2011 at 07:06 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:52 PM

2020 Panamera GTS
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon
You can be sure the bean counters finalized their analysis and had to find more profit somewhere. It's more palatable for most to raise the price on options 90% of buyers will get than raise the base. At least the base did not go up from last year.

I'd say either they just neglected to list the temperature controlled cupholders, or if they are to be introduced later, there's not much chance there will be a free retrofit.
Yeah, I didn't think they could retrofit. But Audi has had shortages on chips for rear view cameras and is going to retrofit its customers when the part becomes available. I was just playing around. The cup holder while interesting is in no way a deal breaker.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yeah, I didn't think they could retrofit. But Audi has had shortages on chips for rear view cameras and is going to retrofit its customers when the part becomes available. I was just playing around. The cup holder while interesting is in no way a deal breaker.
Why don't you call MBUSA and see if it was an oversight in the listing? I'd be curious.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:33 AM

2020 Panamera GTS
The mbusa response was "I don't think it will be available in september" I didn't ask about the listing.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yugo
No need to even respond, jtorrebl. The other guy just seems like a miserable person and wants to bring others down, too.

BTW, good catch on the price increase.

Cost focused? This has been my first post in 50 on this site that I have even talked about cost. I am option focused. I need a car now and unfortunately MBUSA doesn't have the options I want NOW. Cost is not an issue. If I could pay MBUSA for the air suspension and the HID lights, I would gladly pay up. They wont' let me. My other post regarding leather is since I want at least the P2 package but my dealer doesn't have many available. Out of 15, 2 have P2 and neither of them has leather. So I'm stuck with the cheaper option, MB Tex. That is why I asked to see if it's that bad or not. Cost is not an issue.

'Who am I to say what you want'. What's wrong? I'm just complaining and informing other users about changes that have occurred with this launch. MBUSA is charging more for less. I just have to take what they have. I have baby due in 2 weeks, so some urgency to get this car. I'm sorry to have offended you. Sheesh.

Last point, Dealers don't know Jack about this launch. There have been many times when forum dwellers find out more info than your average salesman. Smarty.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:19 AM

2020 Panamera GTS
Cup cooler maybe later

I was mistaken before. Just found my actual reply.

Thank you for your correspondence.
The 2012 M-class will not be available with the cup heater/cooler in
September.
My understanding is that this option will be available some time next year.
If you have any further questions you can contact us at 1-800-367-6372.

Regards,

Chris M.
Mercedes-Benz USA
Old 10-10-2011, 09:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 ML BLUETEC JULY 31
BIG HUG for you jtorrebl and I hope now congrats!
Is your new option Pink or Blue LOL
I got my beautiful kids second hand and always felt I missed something.
God bless ur new family
Old 10-10-2011, 10:24 PM

2020 Panamera GTS
Originally Posted by dougiebear
BIG HUG for you jtorrebl and I hope now congrats!
Is your new option Pink or Blue LOL
I got my beautiful kids second hand and always felt I missed something.
God bless ur new family
Big thanks I got the blue option to go with my previous pink option!
Old 10-10-2011, 11:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The mbusa response was "I don't think it will be available in september" I didn't ask about the listing.
My guess is it is a supplier issue like the headlights, but don't know for sure.