M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

How to take care of a benz?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 03:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 GL350BT ( on order)
How to take care of a benz?

What products do you use for the exterior and interior of the ml? To keep it clean and pristine. As well, is it ok to have a touchless wash, sometimes.

As well, will this be a good comboniation, arctic white and tobacco brown?
and what are some really good combination
Old 02-27-2012, 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,178 Likes on 847 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
Originally Posted by Dragerking
What products do you use for the exterior and interior of the ml? To keep it clean and pristine. As well, is it ok to have a touchless wash, sometimes.

As well, will this be a good combination, arctic white and tobacco brown?
and what are some really good combination
Cleaning and detailing is a subject with many differing opinions. I'm a traditionalist preferring polish and carnauba wax a couple times a year. Others prefer paint sealants. I suggest you research on the detailing forum, but be prepared to be confused: https://mbworld.org/forums/detailing...otive-care-37/. Personally, I never use automatic car washes, but if you don't have facilities to do it yourself that may not be possible.

White with brown would be stellar, I believe. The brown would also go well with any of the silvers or gray, IMO. Only reason I'm not getting the brown is because you can't get it with the Sport interior.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:31 PM

2013 GL350BT ( on order)
Thanks for the insight, As well, what would be the best combination of packages,and is the bi-xenon lights worth it? As well should I get passive driving assistance, or active, i would perfer both, but i don't want the active to stop me from changing lanes, when no one is around.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Options

Thanks for the insight, As well, what would be the best combination of packages,and is the bi-xenon lights worth it? As well should I get passive driving assistance, or active, i would perfer both, but i don't want the active to stop me from changing lanes, when no one is around.
The Lighting Package is highly desirable, in my opinon and that of many others. But, as you may have read, it has delayed many orders so far because of limited availability. Hopefully that will improve.

I personally have no use for many of the active features such as Lane Keeping Assist and Parking Assist. More electronic complexity to fail and take away some of the driving involvement. P2, Lighting and the trailer hitch are key ones. Rear seat entertainment prewiring gives you the memory controls for the front passenger seat. MBTex dash adds a lot of class for not much money.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:56 PM

2013 GL350BT ( on order)
what what the mbtex is the fake leather on the dashboard, with the real leather on the seats correct? As well, what is the best way to negiotate a good deal for the ml ( I live in canada)
Thank you
Old 02-27-2012, 05:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

what what the mbtex is the fake leather on the dashboard, with the real leather on the seats correct? As well, what is the best way to negiotate a good deal for the ml ( I live in canada)
Thank you
Correct, but with the stitching on the dash it's hard to tell the difference.

Negotiation is out of my area, but you will see several threads about it. The BenzWorld forum has many more Canadian members, it seems: http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w166-m-class/.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:55 PM

2013 GL350BT ( on order)
sorry for asking so many questions? What are the cons for the leasing, this is my first time leasing so i'm a bit scared. Is the lease well worth it compared to financing?
Old 02-27-2012, 07:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sorry for asking so many questions? What are the cons for the leasing, this is my first time leasing so i'm a bit scared. Is the lease well worth it compared to financing?
I suggest you first do searches on this forum for each of the topics you are interested in. There are several threads on each already.