M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

frozen status-to build date

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 01:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F250-Mustang GT-ML350BT
frozen status-to build date

does anyone know the delay between frozen status at factory and build date.I ordered on jan 4 and cannot get a build date from my salesman
but i know that status is frozen,because i wanted to add air but was too late.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,186 Likes on 853 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
Originally Posted by serge01
does anyone know the delay between frozen status at factory and build date.I ordered on jan 4 and cannot get a build date from my salesman
but i know that status is frozen,because i wanted to add air but was too late.
Dealer should be able to get the build date if you are that close.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:26 PM

F250-Mustang GT-ML350BT
yeah i know and never had problems with other manufacturers but i have asked my salesman a few times and never get an answer.I must say that the day after i bought the truck my sales rep left the dealer and i was asssigned another salesman.maybe he has less interest.(he has been very polite)but has never answered this question in any of my e mails to him.I also don`t want to be a pain in the *** for him but this is irrating me a bit.thought i might be able to get a bit of info here.truck was supposed to arrive april 7 when i bought it, has been delayed to april 17 or 22 maybe before was the latest news i was able to obtain
Old 03-16-2012, 02:10 PM
RJR

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 ML350 2017 C63S Cab
We ordered ours the 2nd week in Feb and our dealer called yesterday to tell us the build date is April 16th. I think when we ordered ours the dealer was changing a order that they had ordered for stock and added our specs to that order so it would be faster.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:06 PM

F250-Mustang GT-ML350BT
thats what mine did.do you have bi xenon lighting, as i do, and we all know about those delays.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:17 PM
RJR

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 ML350 2017 C63S Cab
thats what mine did.do you have bi xenon lighting, as i do, and we all know about those delays.
We did get the lighting package and the real leather seats. The lighting package was a must and I can't see spending $60,000 on a vehicle and not having real leather seats. I did want the MB Text dash but that would have delayed the order.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,186 Likes on 853 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
Order build date

yeah i know and never had problems with other manufacturers but i have asked my salesman a few times and never get an answer.I must say that the day after i bought the truck my sales rep left the dealer and i was asssigned another salesman.maybe he has less interest.(he has been very polite)but has never answered this question in any of my e mails to him.I also don`t want to be a pain in the *** for him but this is irrating me a bit.thought i might be able to get a bit of info here.truck was supposed to arrive april 7 when i bought it, has been delayed to april 17 or 22 maybe before was the latest news i was able to obtain
When you're spending ~$60k it's not an an unreasonable request. I'd call him or go in in person, if possible. Should only take him a few minutes.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:11 PM

2013 ML-63 AMG- 2010 C350 4matic
Serge01: This is a common problem among MB Sales personnel in the Greater Montreal Area. These salesmen are only nice during delivery so that you provide them with the highest grade on the satisfaction survey card. Behind MB's fake image of class and etiquette you will find there is a Mr. Hide among the personnel. I assure you their only concern is signing a contract and getting out. I am at my Sixth MB in 15 years from three different dealers in the greater Montreal Area and I know something about bad salesmen behavior. I run with the same problem as yours after buying my W164. The salesman left (due to weak sales) and his replacement could not/want not provide me with the serial number or delivery date even after the car left the plant in Alabama. I wrote a fax to the president of MB Canada complaining about this bad behavior. He called me back with an apology, the serial number and the good news that the car is on its way to the dealer the next day. Eight Years ago, after my E-Class arrived to St-John, Newfoundland, the salesman called me asking for a gift of $1000 cash to keep the car under my name, despite my valid contract and deposit. He claimed another buyer is paying him double that amount due to the lack of E-Class in stock. I phoned the previous president of MB Canada who apologized immediately and promised to fix it. He did fix it by bringing my E-Class by air from St-John to Montreal (versus shipping by rail) while asking the owner of the dealership to keep an eye on it. By the way it is the same dealership where you purchased your W166. They now claim they are the biggest in Canada. Their sales experience was bad but their maintenance service was very good. The moral of this story: unfortunately, sometimes you need to bulldoze your way for a good service. Despite my bad experiences I always stuck to the brand for the design and service. I am driving MB’s since 1975 and I know the car will survive any bad salesman.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:03 PM

Steel Grey 2012 ML350 is wife's
I would wager there's a good chance that YOUR DEALER has sold your car to another dealer for some quick cash or other quid pro quo.

The ML 166 is experiencing brisk sales and if you ordered it with the lighting package in a color other than black or white then it's a hot commodity... guaranteed.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:50 PM

F250-Mustang GT-ML350BT
totally agree with you greg but i ve decided not to get upset about this service by salesman and not fight this battle.if i get some info from this forum well great and if not no big deal, truck will arrive anyway sooner or later. Sooner i hope.Compared to your oerder delay i figure i am way ahead and you are the one who should be pissed off.
jean7of9 thanks for all the information i will keep a heads up with that dealer.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:21 PM

F250-Mustang GT-ML350BT
passed by dealer and spoke to a salesman today.(third one, second salesman broke his ankle) he thinks truck should arrive any day build date scheduled february,3 decade. in his opinion after frozen status and build date delivery in montreal should be about 4-5 weeks, he was sending an email to factory to confirm truck was actually built and eta of arrival, said 1 to 1 1/2 day for answer