M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

2013 US order info

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 ML BLUETEC JULY 31
Originally Posted by delkoman
Hmmm. Does anyone know the difference then between the looks of 205 (Almond beige leather) w/U09 mb tex wrapped dashboard and just 255 (Almond Beige/Black Leather)? Is the main difference the stiching appearance of the U09?

Thanks...
YES but I believe the stiching extends to the door panels as well very RICH looking. Way worth more then the $300
Old 05-25-2012, 01:01 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
ML 350
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon
Including absent lighting would be an oxymoron, I think! Ambient lighting and illuminated sills are shown to be included in the Dealer Order Guide attached to the OP.
Sorry, auto spell correct didn't like the word ambient, anyway, I went back to the ordering guide for the 2103 and it shows the 876 package (multicolor ambient lighting and illuminated door sills) are included under the Premium 1 pkg. Did they change the 2013 ordering guide recently?? If so, anyone have a more recent copy than the one from early April 2012??
Also, saw that the passenger memory seat is now possibly a separate option from the rear seat entertainment prewire???
Old 05-25-2012, 01:43 PM

ml350
Originally Posted by GADGETEMT
I see option #876 for the absent lighting and illuminated side sills. I was told by my SA that these were now both included in the Premium 1 pkg for 2013?? can anyone confirm??
I just checked again with the SM and he claims it is not included in P01. I'll confirm when I go through the system with him. In case it matters, this is in the US.

Sounds like we need an update Ordering Guide printined and posted...

Last edited by delkoman; 05-25-2012 at 01:45 PM.
Old 05-25-2012, 04:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C250,GLK350
Netstar updated yesterday that the multi-color ambient lighting is now a stand alone option due to supply issues.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:39 PM

'12 ML350
You might consider adding the tow hitch (useful) and deleting the running boards (not many like them functionally).
I went with both the hitch and the running boards - the hitch for the bike rack and the running boards for the kids to get in and out, my wife actually dislikes the running boards but the little ones find it useful.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:42 PM

'12 ML350
Originally Posted by gplank
Ditto to that...unless you have someone who needs to step on the running boards for access (i.e, very short), they're kinda a problem. You have to step way out or they get your pant leg dirty.

Another of my favorites is the 3-zone auto climate control with mist sensor (581). What MB doen't make readily known is that it adds more than just individual control for you passengers (the front right passenger shares with the rear), but adds extra air filtering for fumes (like if you find yourself behind a diesel bus) and the mist sensor automatically keeps your windscreen clear without you having to put on the defroster.

Strange for a luxury vehicle to not have this as standard, but the Power Passenger Seat w/Memory (242) can come in handy, especially if you regularly share driving responsibility with someone else and you often swap seats (i.e., travel with GF or spouse). In MY12, it was hidden in the Pre-wiring for Rear Entertainment. But for M13, they broke it out as its own option.
Yes, added the 3-zone climate control as I had it in my current GL450.

And good point on the passenger seat memory - ordered my car with the RSE so this was included. Missed it in the GL and had it in my '08 E63 which the wife liked, especially after the car came back from a detailer or car wash.
Old 05-26-2012, 01:36 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2016 GLC 4Matic
I have a 2012 ML350 BlueTEC on order; just received the scheduled build date... 21 June. It must be just about the last of the 2012's. it will replace my 2007 R320 diesel.

The ML as ordered:

Iridium silver
Grey Tex
P2
Lighting package
Parktronic w/ active assist
Driver assistance package

Dealer is in Virginia
Old 05-26-2012, 02:12 PM

2013 ML BLUETEC JULY 31
Looks like they will run 2012s till shut down unless they bump u to a 2013 which is bonus :o)
Old 05-28-2012, 02:52 AM

ml350
2013 ML350 order update

Attached is an update of our 2013 ML350 order. Thanks all for the feedback.

I'm still unsure what the difference is between 205 Almond Beige Leather and 255 Almond Beige/Black Leather. We're set up to for 205 w/ the U09 MB-Tex wrapped dashboard. If anyone could provide any clarity, it would be greatly appreciated.

The SM also confirmed pricing is not yet available...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
ML350_Order.pdf (243.5 KB, 480 views)
Old 05-28-2012, 03:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
99 ML430, 01 CLK55, 07 R63, 15 E63 Wagon
Although I'm not certain, the 255 can possibly be a full black interior with almond beige seats and door panel inserts. This is compared to your 205 which has a predominately beige interior with brown dashboard and upper door panels.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,186 Likes on 853 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
Almond Beige/Black leather

Originally Posted by delkoman
Attached is an update of our 2013 ML350 order. Thanks all for the feedback.

I'm still unsure what the difference is between 205 Almond Beige Leather and 255 Almond Beige/Black Leather. We're set up to for 205 w/ the U09 MB-Tex wrapped dashboard. If anyone could provide any clarity, it would be greatly appreciated.
The Almond Beige/Black substitutes black door, lower dash plastic panels and headliner for the standard beige. Not sure I like black with the beige as the contrast is a little severe. Here is the comparison:
Attached Thumbnails 2013 US order info-105-almond-beige.jpg   2013 US order info-255-almond-beige-black.jpg  
Old 05-28-2012, 11:25 AM

2013 ML BLUETEC JULY 31
I think black carpet too in 255
Old 05-28-2012, 11:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by dougiebear
I think black carpet too in 255
Yep, good catch.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:09 PM

2008 Honda CR-V, 2013 ML350 on order
Originally Posted by twodivers
T minus 8 days! At least if my build date holds up, I am just over a week away from my '12 MLBT being built. Latest call to my SA confirmed that the date is still May 30.

I hope to be able to post a few photos in a couple of weeks time! Stay tuned...
So, did your ML get built today?
Old 05-31-2012, 08:33 PM

'15 GL350 Bluetec
Originally Posted by krazyvshank
So, did your ML get built today?
I have an e-mail in to my SA asking whether or not it was built. I am guessing by his lack of response, that the answer is "no". I will be calling tomorrow if I haven't heard. Given I spec'd out the Lighting package, MB Tex dash, Pano roof and other options that have been at the root of delays, I would not be at all surprised if it has yet to be built.

I'm getting a bit tired of the whole thing. The dang ML has been on order since Nov. 7!
Old 05-31-2012, 11:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I have an e-mail in to my SA asking whether or not it was built. I am guessing by his lack of response, that the answer is "no". I will be calling tomorrow if I haven't heard. Given I spec'd out the Lighting package, MB Tex dash, Pano roof and other options that have been at the root of delays, I would not be at all surprised if it has yet to be built.

I'm getting a bit tired of the whole thing. The dang ML has been on order since Nov. 7!
I ordered mine 10/27 and it's scheduled for 6/15. Hope you find out good news! Maybe your SA just had a vacation day.

Edit 6/1: SA confirmed mine is still listed as 6/15 build, two weeks from today.

Last edited by GregW / Oregon; 06-01-2012 at 01:46 PM.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:24 PM

2013 ML550: Paladium Silver, Brown Satin Ash
I ordered mine 10/27 and it's scheduled for 6/15. Hope you find out good news! Maybe your SA just had a vacation day.

Wow...hard to believe you guys have waited so long for delivery. Do you think there is any difference between dealerships when it comes to the time it takes to receive a custom-ordered ML?

For example, would there be a difference between ordering it through a small Oregon dealership or one of the largest in Southern California? Would a dealership that does huge volume have more clout with MBUSA than a one that does small volume?

I understand it has come down to scarce parts slowing down orders. So would MBUSA be more lightly put the scarce parts on an ML order from a VIP dealership than one that does small volume relatively? Or are all orders prioritized by the time and date of the order, no matter what dealership submits it?
Old 06-01-2012, 08:15 AM

'15 GL350 Bluetec
Wow...hard to believe you guys have waited so long for delivery. Do you think there is any difference between dealerships when it comes to the time it takes to receive a custom-ordered ML?

For example, would there be a difference between ordering it through a small Oregon dealership or one of the largest in Southern California? Would a dealership that does huge volume have more clout with MBUSA than a one that does small volume?

I understand it has come down to scarce parts slowing down orders. So would MBUSA be more lightly put the scarce parts on an ML order from a VIP dealership than one that does small volume relatively? Or are all orders prioritized by the time and date of the order, no matter what dealership submits it?
If I understand the process correctly (please correct me if anyone has better knowledge), the dealer takes what the customer requests, and then attempts to modify their first changeable order - that is, a vehicle already scheduled for production that is allocated to the dealer. If any of the options selected are not available for that particular build date, the order cannot be placed, and they move to the next available changeable order and try again. With the lighting, pano roof and other supply issues, my dealer had great difficulty getting an order to stick. In Greg's case, i would suspect his handling package to have created an even greater delay than mine.

Once an order is accepted by the system, it could be further delayed by part availability, but it will not be kicked out, but rather moved to later in the queue.

Does that make sense/sound right? I believe this is the process my dealer endured.

I will post later today should I learn anything about whether or not mine was actually built, or pushed back.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:53 AM

2013 ML550: Paladium Silver, Brown Satin Ash
If I understand the process correctly (please correct me if anyone has better knowledge), the dealer takes what the customer requests, and then attempts to modify their first changeable order - that is, a vehicle already scheduled for production that is allocated to the dealer. If any of the options selected are not available for that particular build date, the order cannot be placed, and they move to the next available changeable order and try again. With the lighting, pano roof and other supply issues, my dealer had great difficulty getting an order to stick. In Greg's case, i would suspect his handling package to have created an even greater delay than mine.

Once an order is accepted by the system, it could be further delayed by part availability, but it will not be kicked out, but rather moved to later in the queue.

Does that make sense/sound right? I believe this is the process my dealer endured.

I will post later today should I learn anything about whether or not mine was actually built, or pushed back.

Thanks...that does make sense and it's as I figured. But my real question is: does it make any difference what dealer I put my order through in terms of these ordering issues and processes?

In other words, when considering which dealership to put my order in, would it be wiser to go through a very large and high-volume dealership than a smaller one, given all else being equal (i.e., both have similar manufacturing slots that the can modify to my specifications) if I wanted delivery sooner than later? Does MBUSA give larger dealers a higher priority over smaller volume dealers when it comes to timing of delivery?
Old 06-01-2012, 01:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks...that does make sense and it's as I figured. But my real question is: does it make any difference what dealer I put my order through in terms of these ordering issues and processes?

In other words, when considering which dealership to put my order in, would it be wiser to go through a very large and high-volume dealership than a smaller one, given all else being equal (i.e., both have similar manufacturing slots that the can modify to my specifications) if I wanted delivery sooner than later? Does MBUSA give larger dealers a higher priority over smaller volume dealers when it comes to timing of delivery?
Large dealers are going to have more allocations, but also more customer demand, it would seem.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:44 PM

'15 GL350 Bluetec

I am not sure that the bigger dealer has any "pull". Certainly, none officially I would think. If I'm wrong, someone please advise.

I would think however that the larger dealer would have a greater allocation, and thus more changeable orders in the queue. A smaller dealer might have an earlier changeable order, but it may not be able to accommodate your desired options.

So, I really can't say one way or the other is what it comes down to!
Old 06-01-2012, 01:46 PM

'15 GL350 Bluetec

It is in "Produced not shipped" status, which is encouraging news indeed! Now, if they can get it the few hundred miles from Vance to Charlotte before I leave for vacation in a week, I will be a happy camper!
Old 06-01-2012, 01:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

It is in "Produced not shipped" status, which is encouraging news indeed! Now, if they can get it the few hundred miles from Vance to Charlotte before I leave for vacation in a week, I will be a happy camper!
You should have picked it up there!
Old 06-01-2012, 02:31 PM

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
2017 CLS550
Well, here is what happened with me. I decided to buy a 2012 rather than 2013 because of all the uncertainty at this early date concerning pricing, build and delivery date, option availability, delays, etc. Plus the 2013MY vehicle would not be dramatically different from the 2012. I wanted Diamond white/almond beige interior with P02 and Lighting packages. Everything else was negotiable. The small town dealer 40 miles from me could not guarantee anything and it was obvious they were not motivated enough to go out of their way. I went to the internet site of a dealer in the "big city" 130 miles away and they had one on the lot that was very close to what I wanted. Someone put a deposit on it and when they pressed him to make a decision he bought it.

The internet manager said he had another just like it coming in and I said I would take it. I was scheduled to go in a few weeks ago when the day before he called and said the trade department gave it to another dealer without his knowing about it (I did not put down a deposit so who knows what "really" happened). Anyway, he was very sorry and said he would make it right. He looked at all the cars currently on the assembly line and found another one similar coming off the line in May and would get it for me if I wanted it, even though it was not his car (as soon as it was built it was suppose to be sent to a dealer in Boston). I know that for a fact because I was emailed the invoice showing the dealer's name in Mass. As far as I know, it was the only car on the American 2012 build orders for the rest of the year that was very close to what I wanted.

This car had a few things I did not need such as heated steering wheel, wheel locks and a couple other things but basically it was what I wanted. I did not have USAA but they gave me $1000 for conquest and I ended up with it for 9% off sticker. I might have been able to do better in person but the dealer was too far from me to play my usual game of walking out no matter the final offer and then calling the salesman at home if need be. So, we went back and forth and made the deal all by email without my ever leaving home. That was worth a little something to me anyway. I also asked for a "good will gesture" of the Mercedes all weather mats for "trading" the other car from under me and he agreed to throw them in. All in all I was pretty much pleased with the deal and the car is just beautiful!! I could not be happier.

What happened, I think, was that this big city dealer (much bigger dealer in a much bigger city than my "local" dealer who has the only game in town) could pull some weight and got Mercedes to send him the car when it came off line instead of it going to the original dealership near Boston. Either that or my dealer simply "traded" invoices with the Boston dealer and one of my dealer's cars went there in place of the ML350 I got. I don't really know how it all came about but it happened smoothly and quickly. I could be wrong of course but that tells me a huge dealership in a big city (Dallas) can get things done in a way that a small dealership can't or won't do.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:47 PM

'15 GL350 Bluetec
You should have picked it up there!
LOL - I thought of doing that, but just don't have the time! It will be interesting to see just how long it will take to get here.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2013 US order info