M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Passanger side rear view mirror not working on brand new ML 350

Old 06-15-2012, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
Passanger side rear view mirror not working on brand new ML 350

Ok so had my original ML 350 since December. Just yesterday picked up my replacement vehicle. Mercedes Benz replaced my truck because of a boat load of various issues which would take
to much time to list. Either way picked up my new one yesterday with the awesome lighting package by the way..lol! Only issue is my passanger side rear view mirror does not adjust when I back up to park near a curb? Whats up with that? My old one had that feature, which I believe is a standard feature on the ML. So waiting on my sales rep to call me back now after just putting a call in. Can anyone confirm that this is a standard thing in the 2012 ML.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
99 ML430, 01 CLK55, 07 R63, 15 E63 Wagon
Sometimes you can play around with the settings in the speedometer to turn this setting on. Otherwise it may have to be programmed. Just ask the dealer to do it.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:22 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
X350d GLE500e 2017, ML350 BlueTec 2012(sold), A200 2013, ML350CDI 2009(sold), Aston Martin DB7 2003
To set the mirror:-
Turn the key to position 2 in the ignition
Press the button to select the passenger side mirror for adjustment
Engage reverse
Adjust the mirror down to your preference
Select drive and the mirror will return to normal

So easy!
Old 06-15-2012, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,168 Likes on 839 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
Mirror tilt in reverse

Originally Posted by Sean76NYC
Ok so had my original ML 350 since December. Just yesterday picked up my replacement vehicle. Mercedes Benz replaced my truck because of a boat load of various issues which would take
to much time to list. Either way picked up my new one yesterday with the awesome lighting package by the way..lol! Only issue is my passanger side rear view mirror does not adjust when I back up to park near a curb? Whats up with that? My old one had that feature, which I believe is a standard feature on the ML. So waiting on my sales rep to call me back now after just putting a call in. Can anyone confirm that this is a standard thing in the 2012 ML.
As iankayem says, you must do the intial adjustment, then you must set the mirror selector switch to the passenger side when you want it to operate in that manner. 90% chance it's user error.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:31 PM

2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by iankayem
To set the mirror:-
Turn the key to position 2 in the ignition
Press the button to select the passenger side mirror for adjustment
Engage reverse
Adjust the mirror down to your preference
Select drive and the mirror will return to normal

So easy!
Thanks Man, yea my rep called me back and pretty much gave me the same instructions. My 1st one must have been set up by them before I took delivery, thats why I was under the impression it was just a stand alone thing that didn't need setting up. No biggie, I will give it a whirl when I leave my office.
Old 06-17-2012, 12:29 PM

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts
2019 E63s
I'm very curious

What were your issues. I've had a repetitive set of issues myself on my now almost 2.5 month old truck which can't seem to be fixed. Thank god none appear serious, but all are very annoying.

Also how difficult/easy was it to have it replaced?

Thanks in advance.

Oren
Old 06-17-2012, 12:45 PM

2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by orenlasko
What were your issues. I've had a repetitive set of issues myself on my now almost 2.5 month old truck which can't seem to be fixed. Thank god none appear serious, but all are very annoying.

Also how difficult/easy was it to have it replaced?

Thanks in advance.

Oren

I had issues a few hours into taking delivery, within about 3 hours my truck was in service. My drivers side window basically didn't work, it went down half way and got stuck, had to drive back to the dealership in the freezing cold and they were just like wow, that's a first. So they kept the car and ordered the motor, the next day I went back and got it with the new motor, the window still went down a little slow, but they said maybe it was just tight and it would loosen up, instead of loosening up the window conked out as I was going to pay a toll before going over a bridge, done, same issue all over again not even 2 weeks later. Window just stopped working, so this time they changed the motor, and some other part. All this not even a month into the truck. Low and behold they fixed it and the problem came back again a few weeks later. So a total of 3 motors and BS with this window. However that wasn't the only issue, the rear driver side door door handle and lock had to be changed twice because of it just phantomly locking and me not being able to open it from the outside or inside. So all in all not a good experience from jump street. Either way Mercedes did the right thing and said this is not good, and crazy to be happening only a few weeks into taking delivery. Overall they did the right thing and took care of me. What can I say, I got a lemon... Lol
Old 06-17-2012, 12:53 PM

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts
2019 E63s
Sounds the same, but different.

I had mine back within the week as the front drivers door rattle loudly every time you closed it, still does a bit. This is how it was delivered. About 3 weeks later the drivers seat started squeeking, and hasn't stopped despite their best efforts. Now they say they are waiting for bushings from Germany... The seatbelts made a racket since day one, and the dreaded hesitation hasn't been completely eliminated. I've ordered another one, and the seat is due to be repaired next week when the bushings arrive on Monday. So we will see if I have to call MB Canada and shake things up a little. Glad to hear things worked out for you in the end though. When these cars work they are awesome.