M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Pulled the trigger on a ML550

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 10:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 ML BLUETEC JULY 31
Fall deals on now in Canada. Good rate and 3 payment waved to a max $ but only C and GLK
Old 10-03-2012, 10:39 PM

2013 ML550
Originally Posted by GTscrub
Does anyone know when the Winter Event usually start?
I just read the Special Offers on MBUSA for this month and it's nothing special for the ML. I guess the 2.49% financing is decent. So Winter Event is in November?
Old 10-03-2012, 10:47 PM

2013 ML BLUETEC JULY 31
Be lucky if 2.5
We have a fall sale nothing for ML was 4.9 last month went 3.9 and stayed. MLs are simply unavailable and everyone sold before dealer sees it so why drop rate. No payment free either.
C E GLK yep that's it
Old 10-18-2012, 06:50 PM

2013 ML550
Update: Placed order on 9/1 with built date of 10/21 now. I should be able to pick up by Halloween?
I just got a call from the dealership. My 550 is built and ready to ship! I'm hoping to get it this weekend!
Old 10-18-2012, 07:35 PM

2013 ML BLUETEC JULY 31
Cross ur fingers.
If you get it on the weekend by me a lotto ticket LOL. Ill pay you cause we would win. Congrats MLs are so nice to drive. No cold start problems for my BT or stalling issues. TOO Fast
Old 10-20-2012, 11:38 AM

2013 ML550
Originally Posted by dougiebear
Cross ur fingers.
If you get it on the weekend by me a lotto ticket LOL. Ill pay you cause we would win. Congrats MLs are so nice to drive. No cold start problems for my BT or stalling issues. TOO Fast
Monday.
Old 10-20-2012, 01:23 PM

335i
Monday is better than nuthin . I ordered a 550 in sept 2011. By July 2012 and after numerous delays, i decided to change it to a pending '13 model. I was told sept, then 1st decade october. On the 11th, i called and was told last decade October. I cancelled the whole thing and bought something else. Kinda strange that whole process. Woulda liked to give MB a try, but not meant to be this time.

Last edited by rush1169; 10-21-2012 at 08:22 AM.
Old 10-20-2012, 11:56 PM

2013 ML550
Originally Posted by dougiebear
Cross ur fingers.
I got a call later and said it was coming off the truck. I was able to get to the dealership before closing time. I love the car! Since it's late/dark out now, I will play with it tomorrow morning!

I guess I should buy a lotto ticket, huh?
Old 10-21-2012, 08:37 AM

2013 ML550 2014 CLS550
Congrats on your new ML! Expecting delivery of my ML550 this week as it was released from Vance on 10/10/12. Don't take the lottery ticket comment too seriously. Remember, a broken clock may be right twice a day but it is wrong the rest of the time. Enjoy your new ride!
Old 10-22-2012, 05:22 PM

2013 ML550
This is the first picture I took at the dealership. It was in the mini-showroom area. MB of Plano surely knows how to make you feel special.
Attached Thumbnails Pulled the trigger on a ML550-img_0127.jpg  
Old 10-22-2012, 06:09 PM

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
2017 CLS550
Yes, MB of Plano is tops. I live 140 miles from them but they were the ones to find my ML350, in fact, it looks like the one in your picture. I've told the story before but I'll tell it again for your benefit. I contacted them by email in April and told them what I wanted. They found the car but the day before I went to pick it up they traded it to another dealer without the salesman knowing, or at least that is what I was told. Well, whatever. I guess I could not complain too much as I did not want to put a deposit down. I just wanted them to find me an ML350 gas version with the lighting package, Package 2 for the stereo upgrade, blind spot assist and Diamond White color with Beige/Almond interior. Other than that I did not care what it had on it. When they found such a car I told them to call me and I would pick it up but there would be no money of any kind until such time that I actually saw it, approved it and decided to buy it. I ended up with running boards, heated steering wheel (in Texas!) and wheel locks in addition to what I wanted but that's okay. I got the main things which I had to have and which I was not flexible on.

Just to back up a little, they asked me to give them two weeks as a similar car to what I was suppose to get was coming off the assembly line and that car was scheduled to go to a Boston dealership. However, they would trade one of their cars coming off line for it and transfer the car originally going to Boston to Texas for me. It had more options as I said above but I told them I would not pay more than the original one. Long story short I got what I wanted (and more) for the same good price (I think it was 8 or 9% under MSRP) and never left my desk at home. First time I saw the dealership or my sales associate was the day I picked it up. No work, no big problems, no travel back and forth - priceless!! And the ML350 has been fantastic ever since!

MB Plano bends over if a "mistake" is made and I'm proof of that. When I went back for the plates they had my name all in lights in the service area welcoming me back to Plano! Ha! A secretary even called me the other day to wish me a happy birthday and I have not been back there since May.!! Overkill for sure but what the heck! You are right, they do make you feel special even if it is all just a little too much.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:45 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
GLC43AMG Polar White, 21" Alloys, Prem Plus Package, LED Intelligent Light, 360 Camera
This is the first picture I took at the dealership. It was in the mini-showroom area. MB of Plano surely knows how to make you feel special.
Very nice... I thought you had gone for the silver...
Old 10-22-2012, 08:22 PM

2013 ML550
Originally Posted by rexgold
Very nice... I thought you had gone for the silver...
I did at first, but after changing my mind a few times, I was "stuck" with diamond white when the order was locked.. hehe

When I was driving home, I saw a black AMG parking next to me. What a good way to make me feel jealous!
Attached Thumbnails Pulled the trigger on a ML550-photo-1-.jpg  
Old 10-22-2012, 10:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 87 Likes on 71 Posts
2014 S550 - SOLD, 2014 GL550 - SOLD, 2014 GL63 AMG, 2015 S63 AMG Sedan, 2015 S63 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by shortspark
Yes, MB of Plano is tops. I live 140 miles from them but they were the ones to find my ML350, in fact, it looks like the one in your picture. I've told the story before but I'll tell it again for your benefit. I contacted them by email in April and told them what I wanted. They found the car but the day before I went to pick it up they traded it to another dealer without the salesman knowing, or at least that is what I was told. Well, whatever. I guess I could not complain too much as I did not want to put a deposit down. I just wanted them to find me an ML350 gas version with the lighting package, Package 2 for the stereo upgrade, blind spot assist and Diamond White color with Beige/Almond interior. Other than that I did not care what it had on it. When they found such a car I told them to call me and I would pick it up but there would be no money of any kind until such time that I actually saw it, approved it and decided to buy it. I ended up with running boards, heated steering wheel (in Texas!) and wheel locks in addition to what I wanted but that's okay. I got the main things which I had to have and which I was not flexible on.

Just to back up a little, they asked me to give them two weeks as a similar car to what I was suppose to get was coming off the assembly line and that car was scheduled to go to a Boston dealership. However, they would trade one of their cars coming off line for it and transfer the car originally going to Boston to Texas for me. It had more options as I said above but I told them I would not pay more than the original one. Long story short I got what I wanted (and more) for the same good price (I think it was 8 or 9% under MSRP) and never left my desk at home. First time I saw the dealership or my sales associate was the day I picked it up. No work, no big problems, no travel back and forth - priceless!! And the ML350 has been fantastic ever since!

MB Plano bends over if a "mistake" is made and I'm proof of that. When I went back for the plates they had my name all in lights in the service area welcoming me back to Plano! Ha! A secretary even called me the other day to wish me a happy birthday and I have not been back there since May.!! Overkill for sure but what the heck! You are right, they do make you feel special even if it is all just a little too much.
I had a horrible experience with MB of Plano. The sales rep was very unprofessional. Who was your sales rep if you don't mind me asking. Maybe I will call him.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:44 PM

2017 CLS550
Originally Posted by sam9187
I had a horrible experience with MB of Plano. The sales rep was very unprofessional. Who was your sales rep if you don't mind me asking. Maybe I will call him.
Too bad about your experience. I guess it all depends on who you get - and maybe how you part your hair! My guy at MB Plano was the internet manager. As such, he does most of his dealings with people like me who shop via the internet rather than go around to actual dealership showrooms. I live way out in the country of East Texas and there are precious few car dealers anywhere around me, in fact, only one MB dealer in all of East Texas.

After all my research on the internet I went to that only dealer in my region to closely look over the ML350 in person and test drive it to be sure that indeed it was the car I wanted. But of all the MB internet managers I emailed within a couple hundred miles of me it was the Plano dealership that found the car I wanted at the price I wanted. It was about one month from the time I first emailed him until the time I walked out with the car I wanted, fresh off the assembly line. I think that is pretty good, despite the initial foul up I described in my previous post.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:21 AM

2013 ML550
Originally Posted by ronadstoke8
I plan to drive it more for a few weeks to see

Old 10-23-2012, 04:46 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
GLC43AMG Polar White, 21" Alloys, Prem Plus Package, LED Intelligent Light, 360 Camera
I did at first, but after changing my mind a few times, I was "stuck" with diamond white when the order was locked.. hehe

When I was driving home, I saw a black AMG parking next to me. What a good way to make me feel jealous!
Well mine has arrived at the Dealership and will collect it this afternoon once the car is ready... cant wait.. Pics to follow
Old 10-23-2012, 08:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 87 Likes on 71 Posts
2014 S550 - SOLD, 2014 GL550 - SOLD, 2014 GL63 AMG, 2015 S63 AMG Sedan, 2015 S63 AMG Coupe
Too bad about your experience. I guess it all depends on who you get - and maybe how you part your hair! My guy at MB Plano was the internet manager. As such, he does most of his dealings with people like me who shop via the internet rather than go around to actual dealership showrooms. I live way out in the country of East Texas and there are precious few car dealers anywhere around me, in fact, only one MB dealer in all of East Texas.

After all my research on the internet I went to that only dealer in my region to closely look over the ML350 in person and test drive it to be sure that indeed it was the car I wanted. But of all the MB internet managers I emailed within a couple hundred miles of me it was the Plano dealership that found the car I wanted at the price I wanted. It was about one month from the time I first emailed him until the time I walked out with the car I wanted, fresh off the assembly line. I think that is pretty good, despite the initial foul up I described in my previous post.
Thanks for your response. Whats his name? You can PM me if you don't want to post here.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:32 PM

2017 CLS550
I don't mind posting it here because others might be able to use him. Just tell him "Marty" from East Texas sent you:

Scott Offenbaker
Mercedes-Benz
Internet Sales Manager
Mercedes Benz of Plano
Direct Line (214) 547-2833
Fax (972) 526-2614
soffenbaker@gs.reyrey.com
Old 10-23-2012, 11:12 PM

2013 ML550
OMG, road trips haven't been this fun before! The tight handling of the wheel and the V8 power makes me feel that I have a better command of the road. I feel safer at the wheel now because I can easily pass any car at any speed.

The Command system was actually pretty intuitive to me after one night of playing around with it. I do have some complains about the Navigation system on my long trip.

1. Is there a way to have 3D view? I'm not used to the 2D map at all.
2. I noticed the Navigation voice is loud and clear when I'm not playing any music. However, when I'm listening to music, the music volume would turn down and the Navigation voice would speak at the lower volume as well. Can I turn it up during music play?

Overall, I LOVE my ML550. The HK sound system is awesome! The Driver Assistance Package is a must for people who will take long trips. The Active Lane Keeping Assist helped me twice. Active Parktronic so far is a hit or miss for me. I don't know how to consistently use this option. More reviews to come as I drive the car more.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:51 AM

2017 CLS550
Do you still live in LA? Surely you did not drive all the way to Plano to buy this car?
Old 10-24-2012, 07:03 AM

2013 ML550
Do you still live in LA? Surely you did not drive all the way to Plano to buy this car?
Yup, I still do. I moved to LA after I ordered the car.

LA = Louisiana
Old 10-24-2012, 08:01 AM

2017 CLS550
Ha! My mistake, I thought you meant Los Angeles!!
Old 10-26-2012, 02:30 AM

2013 ML550
Ha! My mistake, I thought you meant Los Angeles!!
I think I cross by your city every time I drive back home. I wish there's like a ML club nearby where we can all meet up sometime.

Last edited by GTscrub; 10-26-2012 at 02:39 AM.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:37 AM

2013 ML550

I saw a few people doing a double take look at my car in the parking lot. =)

Last edited by GTscrub; 10-26-2012 at 02:40 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pulled the trigger on a ML550