M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

2013 ML350 game changer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 04:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
12' ML350 4M & 10' E350 4M
2013 ML350 game changer

Too make a long story short, today the wife and I toke a drive to our local Dealer (Mercedes-Benz of Arlington) to check out the 2013 E350 4matic. Personally myself I have nothing against the E-class but I drive an S550 and nothing comes close. Well anyways we checked out 2 different E's one luxury & the other sport, my wife came to the point that she really liked the sport styling and handling. So we made our way into the sales office to begain talks about about pricing and what we were going to get for our trade (08 ML550). The office is basically on the side of the showroom so as were walking we pass a Beautiful 2013 ML350. Looked at the wife and was like what you do you think, she said "a lot nicer then my current ML". After taking a short look inside and out, we decided to take it out on a drive. All I can say is WOW!!! After about an hour of looking at the different colors/options we agreed on a 2013 ML 350 4Matic.

-Dimonad White Metallic
-Black Mb-Tex Interior
-Heated/Wood Steering Wheel
-Panorama roof
-P1 pkg
-Keyless Go
-4MATIC
-Lane Tracking Package
-Parktronic
& most important extanted coverage till 135k

Total was $63,799 with everything minus 28.5k for my wifes ML(total rip-off)

$36,388.00 total for a brand new ML350 priceless

I will post some pictures later today
Old 10-16-2012, 04:55 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
GLC43AMG Polar White, 21" Alloys, Prem Plus Package, LED Intelligent Light, 360 Camera
That is awesome.. Look forward to seeing pictures of your car...
Old 10-16-2012, 05:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,186 Likes on 853 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
Originally Posted by mb_21
All I can say is WOW!!! After about an hour of looking at the different colors/options we agreed on a 2013 ML 350 4Matic.
Yeah, the W166 is a big upgrade over the W164. I've had all three versions, and they just keep getting better.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:19 PM

Greg you are 100% right about that. I can truly call this a fine mix between luxury & sport. I noticed that you have the lighiting package on your ML, would you have any pictures of them?? I bet they go great with the LEDs and give it tha extra touch.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Greg you are 100% right about that. I can truly call this a fine mix between luxury & sport. I noticed that you have the lighiting package on your ML, would you have any pictures of them?? I bet they go great with the LEDs and give it tha extra touch.
Lighting package is a must have, IMO. Also, you might consider the Sport Interior with Dinamica (synthetic suede)/MBTex seats. Only cost is a $300 Special Order fee. Do a search and you can find pictures.

Last edited by GregW / Oregon; 10-16-2012 at 05:30 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:37 PM

Big difference**

Greg if only I came to the W166 forums and seeked some advice from current owners. My local dealer didnt have any that had the lighting package so I really didnt have something to compare them too. On the other hand the only reason we went was to look at the new E-class but of course got steered away from it by the ML!!!! And your ML looks amazing with the light and from what I believe being the 20" upgraded wheels? I think I need to visit the dealer tomorrow and add a couple of goodies.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Greg if only I came to the W166 forums and seeked some advice from current owners. My local dealer didnt have any that had the lighting package so I really didnt have something to compare them too. On the other hand the only reason we went was to look at the new E-class but of course got steered away from it by the ML!!!! And your ML looks amazing with the light and from what I believe being the 20" upgraded wheels? I think I need to visit the dealer tomorrow and add a couple of goodies.
Mine has the Dynamic Handling Package (no longer available as a package), which is amazing. But, yes, I would recommend the 20" wheels, towing package, and HK sound for sure. Take a careful look at the interior trim options.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 ML
Congrats on your order!
Dont take it the wrong way, but you really should negotiate, you are kinda getting ripped off. There are plenty of people getting 5% off MSRP here, and 28k for your trade is also very low. Plus shouldnt you get loyalty incentives for having 2 benzes and buying another one? I am a recent college grad, I am cheap & try to save everywhere, you obviously are financially stable-but an extra vacation wont hurt!
BTW be sure to order MB-Tex dash,you wont regret it- its 300$ option but make the interior look almost as good as you s550!
Old 10-17-2012, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by stas2007
Congrats on your order!
Dont take it the wrong way, but you really should negotiate, you are kinda getting ripped off. There are plenty of people getting 5% off MSRP here, and 28k for your trade is also very low. Plus shouldnt you get loyalty incentives for having 2 benzes and buying another one? I am a recent college grad, I am cheap & try to save everywhere, you obviously are financially stable-but an extra vacation wont hurt!
BTW be sure to order MB-Tex dash,you wont regret it- its 300$ option but make the interior look almost as good as you s550!
Thank you for the info. I did some research based on what you said and your pretty right Fully loaded ML's are running in or about $60,000.00. In addition I checked the kbb value On the 08 ML550 and its give or take 32 to 34!!!! im amazed at the fact that an athorized MBZ dealer would cheat me out this much, I'm just an average joe and any saving would help or at least get some new wheels for the S!! I trusted our sales persons thinking he would give us the best deal in town but I guess this dealer is just as bad as any independent dealership. Well don't worry because today when I get out of work ill be sure to stop by there and give him a couple words!!!! Thanks for the information I'm glad I found this forum great deal on great people here!!!
Old 10-17-2012, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon
Mine has the Dynamic Handling Package (no longer available as a package), which is amazing. But, yes, I would recommend the 20" wheels, towing package, and HK sound for sure. Take a careful look at the interior trim options.

Greg the interior looks great I love the stitching on the dash, giving it that extra luxurious look in the cabin. In my S550 I have very smiliar stitching which I believe gives it a better overall look compared to some S'classes ive seen without it. After seeing all these extras I feel like my sales person didn't even ask me about half these things???!?
Old 10-17-2012, 03:07 PM

2012 ML350 4MATIC
Thank you for the info. I did some research based on what you said and your pretty right Fully loaded ML's are running in or about $60,000.00. In addition I checked the kbb value On the 08 ML550 and its give or take 32 to 34!!!! im amazed at the fact that an athorized MBZ dealer would cheat me out this much, I'm just an average joe and any saving would help or at least get some new wheels for the S!! I trusted our sales persons thinking he would give us the best deal in town but I guess this dealer is just as bad as any independent dealership. Well don't worry because today when I get out of work ill be sure to stop by there and give him a couple words!!!! Thanks for the information I'm glad I found this forum great deal on great people here!!!
mb_21, Have you tried MB of Alexandria? If not give them a shot, ask for Carlo, he arranged a very nice deal on our 2012 ML and he is always looking for discounts we might be eligible for (USAA, NvayFed, etc). For the back roads of NOVA, the lighting package is a must. Good luck!
Old 10-17-2012, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by RoundEye
mb_21, Have you tried MB of Alexandria? If not give them a shot, ask for Carlo, he arranged a very nice deal on our 2012 ML and he is always looking for discounts we might be eligible for (USAA, NvayFed, etc). For the back roads of NOVA, the lighting package is a must. Good luck!
RoundEye thanks for the information, I've bought the last two cars from MBz of Arlington and my service adviser there is great. He's one of the main reasons why I go there over mb of Alexandria & mb of Tyson!! But if I don't get more for my trade and a more off of the price of the 2013 then I might have to start looking at what MB of Alexandria & Tyson's have to offer! I hate to sound like a big cheapoo but I really feel that deal is not in my offer and I'm not happy now !!!!! And I feel that your very correct about the lighting package, A fellow poster(Greg) was kind enough to post pictures of his with the package and I just think it looks great. It's completely different from how the regular lights looks!! RoundEye correct me if I'm wrong but you must live here in the greater northern VA? If so we should most defiantly meet up so I can show you the rides!!
Old 10-17-2012, 03:40 PM

2012 ML350 4MATIC
RoundEye thanks for the information, I've bought the last two cars from MBz of Arlington and my service adviser there is great. He's one of the main reasons why I go there over mb of Alexandria & mb of Tyson!! But if I don't get more for my trade and a more off of the price of the 2013 then I might have to start looking at what MB of Alexandria & Tyson's have to offer! I hate to sound like a big cheapoo but I really feel that deal is not in my offer and I'm not happy now !!!!! And I feel that your very correct about the lighting package, A fellow poster(Greg) was kind enough to post pictures of his with the package and I just think it looks great. It's completely different from how the regular lights looks!! RoundEye correct me if I'm wrong but you must live here in the greater northern VA? If so we should most defiantly meet up so I can show you the rides!!
Don't sound like a cheappo at all! It's reasonable to ask/get what is fair And yes I am in the NoVA area. Woodbridge/Alexandria depending on traffic HAHA The lighting package is awesome driving the GW Parkway at night...
Old 10-17-2012, 05:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Greg the interior looks great I love the stitching on the dash, giving it that extra luxurious look in the cabin. In my S550 I have very smiliar stitching which I believe gives it a better overall look compared to some S'classes ive seen without it. After seeing all these extras I feel like my sales person didn't even ask me about half these things???!?
Most of the so-called Special Order options you seem to have to know about. This forum is a great source of that kind of information. The U09 MB-Tex dash at $300 (plus 1-time SO fee) is a great bargain for its impact.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:09 PM
27T

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
13ML BT
Too make a long story short, today the wife and I toke a drive to our local Dealer (Mercedes-Benz of Arlington) to check out the 2013 E350 4matic. Personally myself I have nothing against the E-class but I drive an S550 and nothing comes close. Well anyways we checked out 2 different E's one luxury & the other sport, my wife came to the point that she really liked the sport styling and handling. So we made our way into the sales office to begain talks about about pricing and what we were going to get for our trade (08 ML550). The office is basically on the side of the showroom so as were walking we pass a Beautiful 2013 ML350. Looked at the wife and was like what you do you think, she said "a lot nicer then my current ML". After taking a short look inside and out, we decided to take it out on a drive. All I can say is WOW!!! After about an hour of looking at the different colors/options we agreed on a 2013 ML 350 4Matic.

-Dimonad White Metallic
-Black Mb-Tex Interior
-Panorama roof
-P1 pkg
-Keyless Go
-4MATIC
-Lane Tracking Package
-Parktronic

Who is behind the 135k warranty, MB or 3rd party? I thought MB only offers up to 75k. If possible I want to go higher than that.

Good call on the 4matic. I'm in SoCal and have it and in NoVa it's a must. I remember the extreme winter a few years back. I was told that we might see a few snowflakes during winter only to have cars in the area buried in snow for weeks. Luckily we parked underground. Beautiful area.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 ML350 BleTec
2013 ML350 game changer

Just a note. You can take your MB to any dealer you want for service. Particularly if you have a good relationship with an SA, just talk with him and get him to put your car in their system. I would imagine that if you have a long relationship with him, he will "grandfather" you in to his normal group and give you the perks you got before. MB dealers, particularly in a metropolitan area with other dealers to compete with will be happy to add another customer to their list, so as to get your repeat business and therefore your currency.
As for pricing, keep pushing. Be willing to walk out if it makes a point. Always keep the sales person going back to the sales manager until you get in the price range area you feel comfortable with. Also, as mentioned before, always ask for whatever incentives are out there. If not eligible, ask what he has that can be comparable.
Finally, also living in Northern Virginia, I too recommend MB of Alexandria. Although owned by the same people that own MB of Arlington (the old American Service Center), they function indepently. Ask for Jimmy Cho, their new car sales manager. He is a superb salesman and will work as hard as possible for your business.
Good luck.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:39 PM

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts
2013 S550, 2009 E320, 2013 ML350 Bluetec

-Dimonad White Metallic
-Black Mb-Tex Interior
-Panorama roof
-P1 pkg
-Keyless Go
-4MATIC
-Lane Tracking Package
-Parktronic

How were you able to get a "heated/wood steering wheel"?? I ordered a 2013 ML350 diesel and it says online that if you choose wood steering wheel, you lose the option of it being heated, one of the draw backs to a wood steering wheel, but I went ahead and ordered it that way.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by 27trout
Who is behind the 135k warranty, MB or 3rd party? I thought MB only offers up to 75k. If possible I want to go higher than that.

Good call on the 4matic. I'm in SoCal and have it and in NoVa it's a must. I remember the extreme winter a few years back. I was told that we might see a few snowflakes during winter only to have cars in the area buried in snow for weeks. Luckily we parked underground. Beautiful area.
Mercedes Benz Dealers are offering this which is a a great deal IMO. I believe that your car most be CPO or you might not be able to get it(not sure but thats what i think)

I was up in SoCal just about a month ago beautiful place to be! Saw a great deal of the new E-class, C-class, S-class, & of course ML's.
The 4Matic is a most in our area, although its not that bad as it was that winter, its a good idea to have. But the weather person needed some help because like you said a few snowflakes turned into a crazy strom. But I was very upset during that strom my wifes ML550 was a joke wouldnt move out of the driveway(due to the 19" low profile wheels but still youd think it would do some work!!!!!

Last edited by mb_21; 10-18-2012 at 01:30 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by gaydenth
Just a note. You can take your MB to any dealer you want for service. Particularly if you have a good relationship with an SA, just talk with him and get him to put your car in their system. I would imagine that if you have a long relationship with him, he will "grandfather" you in to his normal group and give you the perks you got before. MB dealers, particularly in a metropolitan area with other dealers to compete with will be happy to add another customer to their list, so as to get your repeat business and therefore your currency.
As for pricing, keep pushing. Be willing to walk out if it makes a point. Always keep the sales person going back to the sales manager until you get in the price range area you feel comfortable with. Also, as mentioned before, always ask for whatever incentives are out there. If not eligible, ask what he has that can be comparable.
Finally, also living in Northern Virginia, I too recommend MB of Alexandria. Although owned by the same people that own MB of Arlington (the old American Service Center), they function indepently. Ask for Jimmy Cho, their new car sales manager. He is a superb salesman and will work as hard as possible for your business.
Good luck.

I know I could go to any MB dealer but still just that I'm use to going their for the past years. One thing that really does bother me about them is that for rentals they make you go across the street for a toyota, dodge, & etc... I know friends who take their cars to MB of tysons and get a Benz for the rental!!! Also Ive been back and fourth with the sales manager who is says he will work to get a better deal so we both will be happy, just saying this should of taken place that day not after me calling and giving him a piece of my mind . In the end if I dont get the deal from them I guess I'm going to need some change and give Mercedes Benz of Alexandria a visit since every believe its a whole lot better. Also just like you said I was thinking both dealers joined together!!!?!?!?!?!/?!