M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

OEM all season mats solution for my ML

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 02:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 ML
OEM all season mats solution for my ML

Probably like many people on here I stumbled upon some bad news when I found out there are no all season mats for my new ML . While Weathertech does
make all-season mats for our cars and there is probably nothing wrong with them- but they are not Mercedes Benz and the pattern is ugly. Since I had some
good luck with W164 amg wheel fitment I decided to push my luck again ( I also read that w164 and w166 share same frame so my chances were pretty good)
So I bought a set of brand new OEM all-season mats for W164 and installed them today, the results are so good that i decided to post them here! I would say
fitment is a solid 8 out of 10. The mats follow all the contours of the carpet very well.If you are not gap-friendly do not blame me later, as there is a small gap
between edge of mat and the carpet. Also there are no lock clips in the rear. The good part is that there are lock-clips in the front and they match perfectly
and lock with no problems!
I hope this helps some people on here who are waiting for MB to release the recalled all season mats, which probably isnt gonna happen for a while.
I can post some part numbers if anyone needs them. PS: I really need to vacuum my car

Last edited by stas2007; 11-20-2012 at 02:10 PM.
The following users liked this post:
hem1tp (05-27-2020)
Old 11-20-2012, 02:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
99 ML430, 01 CLK55, 07 R63, 15 E63 Wagon
Looks like a perfect fit to me. I didn't know the 164 and 166 share the same chassis. Very interesting.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 ML350
The Weathertech DigitalFit will hold a lot more winter slop than those. I have a set in my Lexus RX and am very happy with them for keeping the carpet clean and dry. I have an Avalanche with a set of heavy rubber mats that I wish I could move to another vehicle - now *those* are awesome!

I saw that MB is now selling rebranded Weathertech mats. Weathertech customer support confirmed that this morning, but said if I want the MB logo I have to go to MB as what they sell to consumers will only have the WT logo on it.

WT sells a set for the front and back for $169.90. What's MB charging for the same thing?
Old 11-20-2012, 05:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
LazKat - go stretch kitty..

If they werw available - W166 mats are less than Weathertech - you can call your MB dealer yourself and check on the W164 mats mentioned here.

Another thing - yes. Weathertech is the OE makers - but the mercedes matt pattern, MB logo, and most importantly the front mat "snap in's" are all part of the MB brand mat (in addition to cheaper price) that is not part of the Weathertech.

Keep the beat - and get with the program buddy !
Old 11-21-2012, 12:57 AM

2013 ML BLUETEC JULY 31
Originally Posted by xxGenericSNxx
Looks like a perfect fit to me. I didn't know the 164 and 166 share the same chassis. Very interesting.
THEY DON'T Not even close
Old 11-21-2012, 01:02 AM

2013 ML BLUETEC JULY 31
Originally Posted by LazKat
The Weathertech DigitalFit will hold a lot more winter slop than those. I have a set in my Lexus RX and am very happy with them for keeping the carpet clean and dry. I have an Avalanche with a set of heavy rubber mats that I wish I could move to another vehicle - now *those* are awesome!

I saw that MB is now selling rebranded Weathertech mats. Weathertech customer support confirmed that this morning, but said if I want the MB logo I have to go to MB as what they sell to consumers will only have the WT logo on it.

WT sells a set for the front and back for $169.90. What's MB charging for the same thing?
A number folks in a similar thread last winter said WT don't hold water and made a mess of carpet. Only what an owner said. I always thought they were good. But Benz has great stuff always priced close or better. As roof racK bars cheaper
Old 11-21-2012, 05:27 AM

Received 73 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by LazKat
I saw that MB is now selling rebranded Weathertech mats.
This is the one I got:

Last edited by nosnoop; 11-21-2012 at 05:30 AM.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by dougiebear
A number folks in a similar thread last winter said WT don't hold water and made a mess of carpet. Only what an owner said.
That is not true (from an owner).
Old 11-21-2012, 05:48 AM

2013 ML BLUETEC JULY 31
Good luck but photos not impressing me I don't see a tray to pool water in. My old ones did but they weren't digital fit
Old 11-21-2012, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by dougiebear
Good luck but photos not impressing me I don't see a tray to pool water in.
That is actually not necessary as the surrounding lip/edge in DigitalFit is so much higher than traditional mat. But if you see the front trays, they do have an area for the water to pool in.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 ML
The main reason i bought the w164 all-season mats is not destroying/cleaning the regular mats in winter. To me the Weathertech mats are too heavy duty/overdone, i mean this is something that should be on a GMC truck. Looks like the mat will definitely hold a gallon of water and a few pounds of dirt. But what type of activities are people doing in their MLs to have a need for these?
Old 11-21-2012, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by stas2007
The main reason i bought the w164 all-season mats is not destroying/cleaning the regular mats in winter. To me the Weathertech mats are too heavy duty/overdone, i mean this is something that should be on a GMC truck.
Whether you like or dislike this type of accessories really depends on your personal preference. From my point of view, you either have carpet or have something covering up the carpet. I really do not see much difference between rubber mat and floor liner from the aesthetic point of view - they are both covering up the carpet. Actually, with the simpler pattern of the floor liner, the perfect fit to the shape of the floor, and the fact that it is thinner and lighter than some thick rubber mat, the floor liner actually has a more "built-in" look to me. Certainly not "heavy duty" or truck like to me at all.

But what type of activities are people doing in their MLs to have a need for these?
Really depends on how many snow days you have in your area.
My experience with floor mat is that after winter, there is invariably a rim of white crust from the salt OUTSIDE the floor mat and in all the crevices around the edge of the floor; no matter what the design of the mat is. And it a PITA to clean. The floor liner would greatly reduce this problem.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:50 PM

2013 ML350
Originally Posted by stas2007
The main reason i bought the w164 all-season mats is not destroying/cleaning the regular mats in winter. To me the Weathertech mats are too heavy duty/overdone, i mean this is something that should be on a GMC truck. Looks like the mat will definitely hold a gallon of water and a few pounds of dirt. But what type of activities are people doing in their MLs to have a need for these?
Like I said, I have set of the heavy duty mats in my GMC that I absolutely love and wish I could transfer just because they work so well. The WTs in my Lexus are, at least to me, lightweight and paper thin, but they're tough and do work very well.

What's the MB price on the WTs?
Old 11-21-2012, 08:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C63
Wow those MB weathertech look sharp! Unfortunately my wife hates rubber or plastic mats, she says they damage her shoe heels, so replacing the carpet floormats once in a while would be much cheaper than replacing her shoes, downside is that I have to deal every week with the carpet mats cleaning, ugh!

Last edited by galion; 11-21-2012 at 08:40 PM.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
300D Turbo 1984
Originally Posted by 300DTurbo
Drivers analysis: (C) The Drivers side snaps onto the provided MB buttons in the floor, provides no coverage when the Left foot rests. This carpet area gets dirty and wet. I drove with the MB factory mats in place under the WT, but, I didn't think it was "safe." The WT was shifting around. So I sacrificed the carpet for safety. understandably

Passenger side (C) there is almost 4-6" of less coverage than the factory mats at the front most portion of the foot-well. I left the factory mats on underneath for added protection and "soft/padded" feel under the WT. (no accelerator to worry about on this side)

Rear analysis: (A+) Fantastic and precise fitting. No snaps, but the fit is so excellent no problem here with mvmt. Even when I drop a cup of coffee or spill anything. Perfect coverage of the center segment that is left completely exposed by factory set. (This is a MUST BUY)

Cargo Area: (B-) Shifts around and the fitting is B-grade at best. It will be useful for groceries and such that may leak? Dirt from shoes and boots washes off easily. Dogs slide around, but easy to clean. (Not necessary if you don't actively use the trunk). May become trapped in the auto trunk if it slides outward when removing cargo. Not a good design.

from a post a long time ago