M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Is this that odd of an option combo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 01:47 PM

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
2017 S550 Iridium / Black Nappa, 2015 GL 550 Paladium Silver
Is this that odd of an option combo?

Have sent this to out several dealers in the Los Angeles area and struggling to come up with stock units. is this combination that rare?

We are set on the ML350 Bluetec and have a specific set of options we are looking for with some flexibility on color.

Specifics we re looking for.

Arctic White or Iridium Silver are first choices with black being the 2nd choice. Eucalyptus trim with black MBtex interior for all colors. Grey MBtex might work but not preferred.

Options
P1 Package
Keyless Go
Lighting package (front xenon)
Harmon Kardon Radio
Multicontrour front seats
Trailer hitch
Running boards
Blind spot assist
Old 12-05-2012, 02:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 ML350 Bluetec
The multicontour seats are a special order item that would be unusual to find in most dealers' inventory.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:35 PM
27T

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
13ML BT
Color ext/int is easy.

Yeah, multi is very hard to find. Surprisingly I see the tow hitch even less than lighting, which in itself, is rare. Then adding lane tracking and RBs and HK. You'll likely have to order if set on those options. I'm surprised to see the very high percentage of low optioned MLs on lots... as dealers have told me, almost all MB buyers just want the badge for the lowest cost possible.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:07 PM

Wow...didn't think I had a special set. Guess we may end up ordering. The dealer said he could locate is going with a gas version but the Bluetec's are harder to find. I could do without the multicontour seats but the rest of the options aren't really options..more like requirements. Wonder if they will deal as aggressively on an ordered unit? Guessing not so much...
Old 12-05-2012, 06:30 PM
27T

13ML BT
Originally Posted by Pntblnk
Wow...didn't think I had a special set. Guess we may end up ordering. The dealer said he could locate is going with a gas version but the Bluetec's are harder to find. I could do without the multicontour seats but the rest of the options aren't really options..more like requirements. Wonder if they will deal as aggressively on an ordered unit? Guessing not so much...
Do a search for "invoice" here and on the other ML forum. You'll be surprised on pricing flexibility for ordered MLs. Your location says Earth which is no help to anyone here to help guide you because pricing is heavily dependent on location.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:00 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
X350d GLE500e 2017, ML350 BlueTec 2012(sold), A200 2013, ML350CDI 2009(sold), Aston Martin DB7 2003
If you are spending a lot of money, why not get exactly what you want. I presume you will want to keep it for 3 or more years, so why not wait 3 or more months for your "dream" car to get built. I waited 6 months and now I am happy.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by 27trout
Do a search for "invoice" here and on the other ML forum. You'll be surprised on pricing flexibility for ordered MLs. Your location says Earth which is no help to anyone here to help guide you because pricing is heavily dependent on location.
Location is Southern California - LA area.

The ML is for the wife and multi-contour are my thing since I have them on my E550 and love it. Reality is I won't drive the ML more than a couple thousand miles a year and the multi-contour doesn't work for her because she is a little lady. I'll let the dealers keep searching for a couple more days and then call of the dogs over the weekend if they don't find anything for me.

That said, the the balance of the options really aren't "optional" so if they can't get one with that set at a minimum we'll wait a while longer and maybe do something later Spring. I bought my E on December 31st 2010 and got a killer deal. We were hoping to run that play again assuming MBUSA is going deep to overtake BMW North America sales numbers again this year.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Have you checked the ML inventory at your closest 5 MB dealers ? The reason I say this I guess you think that going deeper into December is going to get advantageous for you price wise - and the fact is your available selection is going to diminish from what it is today and go down from there strikingly forward after this next weekend.

You have gotten good feedback - multi-contour as a requirement kills you for a December/inventory-incoming ML. A Netstar check of existing/in-transit/in-production/production-but-not-yet-scheduled for your entire region takes 20 minutes.

The lack of a positive answer tells you what the answer really is.

The rest of your color/features by-and-large is a doable mix.

I wouldn't play standoffish at the school dance when there are only a handful of girls to dance with - unless you are happy to get in early at the next dance.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:28 AM
27T

13ML BT

The ML is for the wife and multi-contour are my thing since I have them on my E550 and love it. Reality is I won't drive the ML more than a couple thousand miles a year and the multi-contour doesn't work for her because she is a little lady. I'll let the dealers keep searching for a couple more days and then call of the dogs over the weekend if they don't find anything for me.

That said, the the balance of the options really aren't "optional" so if they can't get one with that set at a minimum we'll wait a while longer and maybe do something later Spring. I bought my E on December 31st 2010 and got a killer deal. We were hoping to run that play again assuming MBUSA is going deep to overtake BMW North America sales numbers again this year.
No need to time your purchase if in LA. I ordered and purchased in the LA area. There are a few dealers here that will give you a good deal on an order.

Send me a PM when you're ready to order.

Last edited by 27T; 12-06-2012 at 05:52 AM.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:17 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
ML350 BT soon......pleeeease. GOT IT NOW....Wooooo
Originally Posted by iankayem
If you are spending a lot of money, why not get exactly what you want. I presume you will want to keep it for 3 or more years, so why not wait 3 or more months for your "dream" car to get built. I waited 6 months and now I am happy.
He is obviously not spending a lot of money, as he is in LA and pays roughly half of what we pay in OZ. ......yes I am pissed at OZ prices, and not just on cars.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:53 AM
27T

13ML BT
Originally Posted by MLee
He is obviously not spending a lot of money, as he is in LA and pays roughly half of what we pay in OZ. ......yes I am pissed at OZ prices, and not just on cars.
Still a lot of money.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:53 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
X350d GLE500e 2017, ML350 BlueTec 2012(sold), A200 2013, ML350CDI 2009(sold), Aston Martin DB7 2003
Actually it is not as bad as it seems. I paid $115k which is actually $88k plus taxes reg & insurance. This car is loaded with many standard extras not available in the US.

The us cars are sold without reg (pay later) and certain state taxes.

And we have to pay sea freight.

Still it is cheaper in the states, but probably similar to Canada, aside from our local taxes.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:48 PM

2013 ML BLUETEC JULY 31

The Bluetec is amazing. The multi contour is the the same type as in the E. Didn't know you could get them with MBtex. Order get exactly what you want. Its worth it
Old 12-06-2012, 04:26 PM

Wow...multicontour was the show stopper. I now have a choice of all three colors within the area. Now it's time to start working the deal. Looks like USAA is the best discount as I'm being told.
USAA $1000 over invoice - $2000 USAA Money.
AMEX / Fleet $1000 over invoice - $1500 AMEX Money
Christmas Event $1000 over invoice - $1600 MBUSA Money

Does this sound right to you all?
Old 12-06-2012, 07:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A gaggle of MB's
If each of the three ML's are at a different dealer - play each of the three with each other and see who squeals the best deal for purchase/pickup Friday - all moves forward.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:56 PM

Working that play tomorrow when I get back to SoCal. Added a 4th to the mix based on a strong recommendation from a fellow member..may get my multicontour seats yet!
Old 12-06-2012, 10:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A gaggle of MB's
Just so you know, multi-contour seats in a ML without the sport interior option is way different than multi-contour in your E-Series. Different fish - so it's a decision point for you.

Your decision tree included the lighting package which I love - on my personal value scale what was not included in your list which you may/may choose to part of your decision tree.:

1) wood/leather wheel is awesome for $590 - it's a great wheel, and improves the tone/elegance of the cabin by accenting the wood trim. If I had a choice of this w/o multi I would personally choose the wheel

2) panorama roof grows on you with a daytime/lighter cabin feeling - once you adjust to it makes the ML less of a dark-truck-cabin feel, more alive and active feeling - if you want darker feel then its affordable to tint roof glass - for what it's worth future resale/trade value than multi-contour for sure since families who are prime SUV market like pano for rear/row kids. If I had a choice to trade pano for multi in a ML - I would personally choose pano. On a E I would choose multi

3) Ambient light w/sills: If you drive at night, especially when driving home, or driving later going out.. great feature, sounds trite, but delivers warmth/look/inviting evening expereince, and frankly cheap. Most people under rate this feature if they haven't had it, and impossible to upgrade to it if you don't have it at time of purchase.

4) Parktronic - under rated feature because it also helps prevent front and rear corner bumper scrapes, - especially if entry/exit to/from a parking space including your garage requires a hard turn. Rear camera does a great job straight back, rear corners still vulnerable in a turn. Lower front visibility of the ML is not great. Parktronic will not protect from a straight parking concrete/bumper air dam scrape. However, on a ML if I had choice between Parktronic and Multi I would personally choose Parktronic

Just offering my personal opinion, and I am pretty tight on ML features/experience but your choices are from what's out there.. sometimes chasing one particular feature tends to overshadow another feature that might be sweeter than you think.

Have fun tomorrow !
Old 12-07-2012, 12:07 PM

fabbrisd1 - Thank you for the great advice and view points. If we go the order route I will certainly look hard at this set.

Question: Is the ambient light package needed to get the light yellow dash / door lighting like I have on my 550? Thought the amibient package just allowed you to change colors and gave me the lighted door sills. I love that feature on my 550 and agree, totally make the car when driving at night.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:08 PM

fabbrisd1 - Thank you for the great advice and view points. If we go the order route I will certainly look hard at this set.

Question: Is the ambient light package needed to get the light yellow dash / door lighting like I have on my 550? Thought the amibient package just allowed you to change colors and gave me the lighted door sills. I love that feature on my 550 and agree, totally makes the car when driving at night.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:37 PM
27T

13ML BT

Question: Is the ambient light package needed to get the light yellow dash / door lighting like I have on my 550? Thought the amibient package just allowed you to change colors and gave me the lighted door sills. I love that feature on my 550 and agree, totally make the car when driving at night.
The pano is a cool option but I would think twice bout it. I planned to order it until I drove one under the SoCal sun. The cover is very thin. Do a search here for more discussion, play with one at the dealership and see if it works for you.

Fab made some great suggestions on options with:
235 PARKTRONIC with Active Parking Assist $970
289 Wood/Leather Steering Wheel $590
876 Multi-Color Ambient Lighting w/ Illumina $310

You already want other must haves like:
319 Lighting Package: Bi-Xenon Headlamps $1,290
Driver Assistance Package $2800 or Lane Tracking $850
810 harman/kardon LOGIC7 Surround Sound Syst $810
846 Brushed Aluminum Running Boards $670
889 KEYLESS-GO $650

I'd aso highly consider:
U09 Upholstery Wrapped Dashboard (SPC) $330
H09 Brown Satin Ash Wood Trim (SPC) $0
Y90 Black Headliner (SPC) $0
242 Passenger Seat w/Memory & Lumbar Support $365
R33 20" Twin 5-Spoke Wheel $750

U09 MBtex stitched dash is incredible. When paired with H09 BSA Trim, the interior really looks high end. Look for Greg's photos.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:46 PM
27T

13ML BT
Also, look for the 2013 ordering guide posted by Greg.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A gaggle of MB's
Configuration screens for ML350 as of 2012

See attached for configuration screens for 2013 ML350 as of Dec 12.

This does NOT mean what is at your dealer, this shows the matrix for configuration of options for a fresh build -
Attached Files
Old 12-07-2012, 08:41 PM
27T

13ML BT
Originally Posted by 27trout
Also, look for the 2013 ordering guide posted by Greg.
https://mbworld.org/forums/new-m-cla...rder-info.html

and

https://mbworld.org/forums/new-m-cla...ing-guide.html
Old 12-07-2012, 11:36 PM

2013 ML350 ,1996 Corvette CE, 2003 Toyota Highlander 4WD Limited
fabbrisd1 Our ML350 is scheduled for a first decade January build and our SA still hasn't been able to confirm that the MBTex dash is going to be available for our build. It was dropped from our order when we submitted it in October due to availability. Does the dash showing on the pdf sheet you posted for December builds mean that the MBTex dash is available now? Our SA told us that they regularly check to see if it is available, but I'm not sure how that process works, any insights?
Old 12-08-2012, 10:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A gaggle of MB's
The matrix does not show availability - so your SA seems to be on top of it - however, not January will be a somewhat shorter production month just for your info - I am not predicting problems but Vance does deserve a break at New Years !

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Is this that odd of an option combo?