Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz SUVs, Trucks, Vans, Diesels, Other > M-Class (W166)
Does your dealer provide MB loaners while your car is in for warranty work? >

Does your dealer provide MB loaners while your car is in for warranty work?

Notices
M-Class (W166) 2012, Read about the upcoming M-Class

Does your dealer provide MB loaners while your car is in for warranty work?

 
Old 02-14-2013, 02:48 PM
  #1  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 14
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S550 Porsche Cayenne
Does your dealer provide MB loaners while your car is in for warranty work?

My MB dealer doesn't provide Mercedes vehicles to loan out while my car is in for warranty work. When I call to schedule my appointment I tell them I need a loaner. When I arrive there's an agent from Avis with a FREE rental car - except you have to decide whether you want to use your personal auto insurance and deductible or pay for their insurance at exorbitant prices.

These are the fees per day that they would charge.

$18.99 for loss damage waiver
$ 4.00 for personal accident insurance
$ 2.95 for personal effects protection
$14.49 for additional liability insurance

And of course you must return it with the same amount of gas or they charge you $7.00 a gallon. I have no problem with that - except they don't bother to top off the tank before giving it to you. So before you return it you have to decide how much gas to put in and my guess is that most people put in extra to avoid any possible charges.

And since there is no charge for actually renting the car you can't charge it to a credit card and use the coverage the credit card provides.

My SA did tell me that MB is pressuring them to provide MB cars but I don't see that happening.
Finnegan is offline  
Old 02-14-2013, 04:05 PM
  #2  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
xxGenericSNxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 3,075
Likes: 0
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
99 ML430, 01 CLK55, 07 R63, 15 E63 Wagon
My MB dealer only provides loaners (C250 sedan/ C300 sedan/ GLK350 4matics) to people who are getting work done on their car if they have a valid warranty. So if a customer brings in their brand new MB for non warranty work, such as oil change, they get a loaner. If your car is out of warranty, a longer will not be provided.

That's simply the policy that my dealer operates by.
xxGenericSNxx is offline  
Old 02-14-2013, 05:38 PM
  #3  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 73
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 ML350
Mine's been in once, for an mBrace re-initialization, and I was provided with a C300 as a loaner. I was assured than any warranty service work includes use of an MB loaner car.
LazKat is offline  
Old 02-14-2013, 07:40 PM
  #4  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 31
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML350
Originally Posted by LazKat
Mine's been in once, for an mBrace re-initialization, and I was provided with a C300 as a loaner. I was assured than any warranty service work includes use of an MB loaner car.
Had mine in for warranty work twice. Both times got a GLK


Posted from Mbworld.org App for Android
FLICK12 is offline  
Old 02-14-2013, 07:44 PM
  #5  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bay Area, Ca.
Posts: 142
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 SL63
My dealer provides free MB "rental" cars. In other words, they pay the rental fee. But all of the cars are right there at the dealer. Signing the papers takes about 3 minutes. No extras on insurance. The cars are C,GLK,E. Pretty nice cars. Returning the car takes 1 minute.

Been doing it this way for 10 years. They do this for any car that is in warranty or on extended warranty contract.

I would never own a MB without either being in warranty or on an extended warranty. So, for me, there is always a free loaner.
red308 is offline  
Old 02-14-2013, 08:25 PM
  #6  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
YYZ-E55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,034
Likes: 0
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
MY17 E43 Matte Selenite/Macchiato Beige, MY16 GLE350d Tenorite/Crystal Grey, MY17 B250
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
My MB dealer doesn't provide Mercedes vehicles to loan out while my car is in for warranty work. When I call to schedule my appointment I tell them I need a loaner. When I arrive there's an agent from Avis with a FREE rental car - except you have to decide whether you want to use your personal auto insurance and deductible or pay for their insurance at exorbitant prices.

These are the fees per day that they would charge.

$18.99 for loss damage waiver
$ 4.00 for personal accident insurance
$ 2.95 for personal effects protection
$14.49 for additional liability insurance

And of course you must return it with the same amount of gas or they charge you $7.00 a gallon. I have no problem with that - except they don't bother to top off the tank before giving it to you. So before you return it you have to decide how much gas to put in and my guess is that most people put in extra to avoid any possible charges.

And since there is no charge for actually renting the car you can't charge it to a credit card and use the coverage the credit card provides.

My SA did tell me that MB is pressuring them to provide MB cars but I don't see that happening.
The insurance situation would be the same if you wrecked a loaner car owned by the dealership - your insurance would pay and your coverage/deductible would apply.
YYZ-E55 is offline  
Old 02-14-2013, 10:55 PM
  #7  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Quebec-Canada
Posts: 213
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 ML-63 AMG- 2010 C350 4matic
Originally Posted by xxGenericSNxx View Post
My MB dealer only provides loaners (C250 sedan/ C300 sedan/ GLK350 4matics)
Lucky dudes. My dealer provides only B-200, and if you do not like it you can get a Smart, or a limousine to take you home. Coustesy cars are given only to owners who purchased their cars at this dealership, for as long as they own the car. You get it with a full tank and you are required to bring it back full.
jean7of9 is offline  
Old 02-15-2013, 09:41 AM
  #8  
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SW FL
Posts: 144
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2018 GLE 43 SUV
My dealer, one of some 100 stores owned by Sonic Automotive, has a desk manned by an Enterprise rent-a-car rep in the reception area--when he is there. Last time I dropped off my ML350, the Enterprise guy was next door at the BMW dealer (also a Sonic operation). There were five very annoyed MB customers waiting for him to come back. Then he ran out of Enterprise's POS rentals--another delay. Took the last person in line two hours to get out of there.
Shrdlu is offline  
Old 02-15-2013, 05:05 PM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 403
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
ML350
Originally Posted by red308 View Post
My dealer provides free MB "rental" cars. In other words, they pay the rental fee. But all of the cars are right there at the dealer. Signing the papers takes about 3 minutes. No extras on insurance. The cars are C,GLK,E. Pretty nice cars. Returning the car takes 1 minute.

Been doing it this way for 10 years. They do this for any car that is in warranty or on extended warranty contract.

I would never own a MB without either being in warranty or on an extended warranty. So, for me, there is always a free loaner.
same here with MB of Plano. Except that it is only for work exceeding 2 hours. So oil changes and like....wait and watch tv. WTF.

Enterprise provides the c-class loaners. takes 1 or 2 minutes to pickup and drop off. Very streamlined process. The loaners are actually ready to go in the last drive-up lane.
There are 3 people manning the Enterprise desk, by the way.
chikoo is offline  
Old 02-15-2013, 05:19 PM
  #10  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,313
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 ML350, 2008 GL320, 2013 Gl350
My dealer provides B200's and B200 Turbos, ( as of June), probably the same thing now. no charge what so ever but you have to book an appointment to be able to actually get a car ( usually booked a month in advance to guarantee it)
cookstar is offline  
Old 02-15-2013, 10:42 PM
  #11  
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Endicott NY
Posts: 158
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 ML350 Bluetec,2012 C300 4matic sport
Originally Posted by cookstar View Post
My dealer provides B200's and B200 Turbos, ( as of June), probably the same thing now. no charge what so ever but you have to book an appointment to be able to actually get a car ( usually booked a month in advance to guarantee it)
My dealer is about 70 miles from me. They will bring a car to me usually a new E class, take mine and return it to me in a day or two. No charge to me at all. My M class is out of warranty but I have been told that I will still be able to get a loaner no charge. I am lucky that my independent MB shop is 2 miles from my house. If I call ahead of time I get a loaner usually an M or R class. No need to go to the dealer. My local shop rates are about a third less than the dealer and I trust them.
MAmendola is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 09:26 PM
  #12  
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: DC Area
Posts: 87
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mine: 2008 E350 4Matic --- His: 2014 E 550 4Matic
Free loaners here from MB or BMW. MB has plenty of them. BMW will give you an Enterprise one if they don't have a loaner.
BenzBee is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 08:18 AM
  #13  
Senior Member
 
Cyber GS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC / LI
Posts: 431
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 CTS-V, 2017 Audi Q7 / Past MB's: 2011 ML350 & 2012 ML350
Originally Posted by YYZ-E55 View Post
The insurance situation would be the same if you wrecked a loaner car owned by the dealership - your insurance would pay and your coverage/deductible would apply.
^^^^

My dealer provides C, GLK, ML and has a couple of GLís as service loaners.
They even offered my wife a Smart car once which she refused.
Cyber GS is offline  
Old 02-19-2013, 07:14 PM
  #14  
Senior Member
 
geeaccord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Missouri
Posts: 308
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E500(Sold), SL500(Sold), C350(Sold), ML350, SL65
My dealer is the best i evey have been to even for a oil change MB give me a free vehicle.
geeaccord is offline  
Old 02-20-2013, 11:52 AM
  #15  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 356
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 GLE 350d
My ML550 is in today for its first Service A. Driving a loaner GLK and had my choice between that and a C class. I always have it written in my sales contracts that I am to receive a loaner car at no charge for ANY service visit for as long as I own the car. Have done this with Acura, BMW and MB with no issues. If out of loaner vehicles I ask for a Sales Reps car.
2012MLBlue is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 11:12 AM
  #16  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Quebec-Canada
Posts: 213
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 ML-63 AMG- 2010 C350 4matic
Originally Posted by 2012MLBlue View Post
My ML550 is in today for its first Service A. Driving a loaner GLK and had my choice between that and a C class. I always have it written in my sales contracts that I am to receive a loaner car at no charge for ANY service visit for as long as I own the car. Have done this with Acura, BMW and MB with no issues. If out of loaner vehicles I ask for a Sales Reps car.
Who is you dealer. Mine is MB Laval and they only loan B-200 or less.
jean7of9 is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 11:57 AM
  #17  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 356
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 GLE 350d
MB Burlington Ontario.
2012MLBlue is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 01:46 PM
  #18  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Quebec-Canada
Posts: 213
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 ML-63 AMG- 2010 C350 4matic
Originally Posted by 2012MLBlue View Post
MB Burlington Ontario.
2012MLBlue: Thanks. Obviously your dealer has better appreciation for his customers.
jean7of9 is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 04:26 PM
  #19  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 356
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 GLE 350d
Even better than the GLK I drove while my ML was in for service was finding out I had a $1,000 credit on my account courtesy of the sales department. My $400 Service A ended up costing nothing and I still have a $600 credit towards future service.
2012MLBlue is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 11:14 PM
  #20  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Quebec-Canada
Posts: 213
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 ML-63 AMG- 2010 C350 4matic
Originally Posted by 2012MLBlue View Post
Even better than the GLK I drove while my ML was in for service was finding out I had a $1,000 credit on my account courtesy of the sales department. My $400 Service A ended up costing nothing and I still have a $600 credit towards future service.
Lucky dude. I hate Ontario dealers. They keep showing what we are missing here.
jean7of9 is offline  
Old 02-22-2013, 06:53 AM
  #21  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Central Ontario Canada
Posts: 70
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2017 AMG GLE43 Coupe
We are fortunate enough to have a Star Dealer (5 Consecutive years) in Ontario that advised me during my A service that when I come in for my B service, I can get a loner with no issues.
AS705 is offline  
Old 02-22-2013, 07:05 AM
  #22  
Member
 
BD-C63's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 143
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
2015 C63S AMG
My dealer will, upon request, have a driver bring a loaner (usually c class) to my place of work (about 30 miles) drop it off, & take my car. When done, they send 2 drivers, one in my car, and the second in another car to take him back to the dealer! This has been done for warranty & paid service.
BD-C63 is offline  
Old 02-22-2013, 07:26 AM
  #23  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 356
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 GLE 350d
I know I'm paying for it. $400 for an oil change? The loaner cost, detailing and other perks are all added into that ridiculous service cost. The reality? I don't care about the price and love great service.
2012MLBlue is offline  
Old 02-22-2013, 07:59 AM
  #24  
Senior Member
 
Cyber GS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC / LI
Posts: 431
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 CTS-V, 2017 Audi Q7 / Past MB's: 2011 ML350 & 2012 ML350
Originally Posted by BD-C63 View Post
My dealer will, upon request, have a driver bring a loaner (usually c class) to my place of work (about 30 miles) drop it off, & take my car. When done, they send 2 drivers, one in my car, and the second in another car to take him back to the dealer! This has been done for warranty & paid service.
My dealer will do the same thing upon request, also for either warranty or routine work.

I haven't used this service yet but it's good to know it's available.
Cyber GS is offline  
Old 02-22-2013, 12:44 PM
  #25  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
xxGenericSNxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 3,075
Likes: 0
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
99 ML430, 01 CLK55, 07 R63, 15 E63 Wagon
Originally Posted by BD-C63 View Post
My dealer will, upon request, have a driver bring a loaner (usually c class) to my place of work (about 30 miles) drop it off, & take my car. When done, they send 2 drivers, one in my car, and the second in another car to take him back to the dealer! This has been done for warranty & paid service.
Wouldn't it make more sense that when they come to drop off your car, there's only one driver? Because they would drive back in the loaner car they gave you earlier in the day.
xxGenericSNxx is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Does your dealer provide MB loaners while your car is in for warranty work?


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: