Notices
M-Class (W166) 2012, Read about the upcoming M-Class

News on the 2015 ML250?

 
Old 07-14-2014, 11:28 AM
  #1  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
MDMercedesGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Germantown, MD
Posts: 1,193
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 C250 Sport Sedan
News on the 2015 ML250?

Has anyone been able to find out anything about the arrival of an ML250 Bluetec yet?

My sales rep doesn't seem to have any info and is not aware of when they are going to get theirs in yet. Given that the DOG says they will be available in August 2015, one would think that production would be started or close to starting now, and the MSRP info would have dropped.

Last edited by MDMercedesGuy; 07-18-2014 at 07:49 AM.
MDMercedesGuy is offline  
Old 07-14-2014, 01:49 PM
  #2  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 7
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 ML 350
ML 250 MSRP is $49,800
I have one on order, I'm told production is for 3rd decade of August
tomvac911 is offline  
Old 07-14-2014, 02:00 PM
  #3  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
MDMercedesGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Germantown, MD
Posts: 1,193
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 C250 Sport Sedan
Excellent! Thank you for letting me know that... that completes the last piece of the pricing puzzle for me - almost.

So apparently soft close doors were moved off of SPC and back to regular options per the DOG, but I can't find their MSRP or availability anywhere within that document.
MDMercedesGuy is offline  
Old 07-14-2014, 10:15 PM
  #4  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 72
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Soft close doors are $550 and availability is immediate. If you salesman doesn't have the information, I would suggest finding a different salesman or dealer as the general prIcing information has just become available in the last day or two and is in several places on the web. Option prIcing has been available for several months.
sheepdog is offline  
Old 07-15-2014, 12:12 AM
  #5  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4,945
Likes: 0
Received 580 Likes on 450 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Please understand for the BlueTech diesels - production "release" needs to wait for Federal apparoval - so ML250's built August/September - that factory release to dealer "might" be end-September/beginning October - no way to tell.

Yes - Dealer Order Guide with full pricing update has been released to dealers 2 weeks ago. Sorry I have been tied up to post that update to the forum.

Keep the beat !
fabbrisd1 is offline  
Old 07-16-2014, 10:55 AM
  #6  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
MDMercedesGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Germantown, MD
Posts: 1,193
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 C250 Sport Sedan
Just read the new DOG.

Glad to know from the above post that soft close doors are still available. They're referenced on page 3 of the DOG, but then don't show up on the options area. I'm not worried about not being able to order them if I decide on the ML, now I just wonder what else they may have missed.

I have an awesome dealer, but unfortunately my account got handed over to a moron once my account rep left to be a GM at another dealer. I'm going to work with someone else who doesn't want to play games this time.
MDMercedesGuy is offline  
Old 07-17-2014, 11:28 AM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 255
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I prefer my 2013 Ml350 bluetec engine. Lots of power and great gas mileage. Mercedes is making a huge mistake to discontinue the Ml350 and replace it with a smaller and weaker Ml250. It will not be sufficient enough for this big heavy SUV and full load. I am not going to get one of these. The power curve is terrible and I will switch to the new Q7 next fall when the lease is up. I am a bit sadden. The ML350 is amazing.
Baloo588 is offline  
Old 07-17-2014, 01:23 PM
  #8  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
MDMercedesGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Germantown, MD
Posts: 1,193
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 C250 Sport Sedan
Originally Posted by Baloo588 View Post
I prefer my 2013 Ml350 bluetec engine. Lots of power and great gas mileage. Mercedes is making a huge mistake to discontinue the Ml350 and replace it with a smaller and weaker Ml250. It will not be sufficient enough for this big heavy SUV and full load. I am not going to get one of these. The power curve is terrible and I will switch to the new Q7 next fall when the lease is up. I am a bit sadden. The ML350 is amazing.
What did you think of the ML250 from a driving perspective? When did your dealer get one in for test drives - or are these all armchair impressions?

There are several other threads debating the ML250 versus the ML350 (and apparently now the Q7...) - this is not one of them, though.

Last edited by MDMercedesGuy; 07-17-2014 at 03:17 PM.
MDMercedesGuy is offline  
Old 07-17-2014, 02:24 PM
  #9  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
DUTCH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Atlanta, GA USA
Posts: 1,298
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
2000 MB G500 NMLE, 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 TDI Prestige
Originally Posted by Baloo588 View Post
I will switch to the new Q7 next fall when the lease is up. I am a bit sadden. The ML350 is amazing.
So is the Q7. It's a much better engineered car than the ML
DUTCH is offline  
Old 07-18-2014, 12:04 AM
  #10  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 255
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by MDMercedesGuy View Post
What did you think of the ML250 from a driving perspective? When did your dealer get one in for test drives - or are these all armchair impressions?

There are several other threads debating the ML250 versus the ML350 (and apparently now the Q7...) - this is not one of them, though.

All the reviews were quite cold on the Ml250s engine. They complained that it was a bit lackluster and noisy (v4 banger engine) and doesn't inspire confidence in the big SUV. These were euro magazines. I hate v4 engines especially in SUVs and I have rented Mls with the smaller engines in England and they are horrible.
Baloo588 is offline  
Old 07-18-2014, 12:13 AM
  #11  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
MDMercedesGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Germantown, MD
Posts: 1,193
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 C250 Sport Sedan
Originally Posted by Baloo588 View Post
All the reviews were quite cold on the Ml250s engine. They complained that it was a bit lackluster and noisy (v4 banger engine) and doesn't inspire confidence in the big SUV. These were euro magazines. I hate v4 engines especially in SUVs and I have rented Mls with the smaller engines in England and they are horrible.
I'll reserve judgment until I have seat time, and until the US spec versions are reviewed. I have zero interest in owning a V6 anything - the Inline 4 will suit my needs quite well. The 6,600 lb towing capacity tells me all I need to know...
MDMercedesGuy is offline  
Old 07-18-2014, 01:22 AM
  #12  
Junior Member
 
MichelleW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 57
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 ML550
Originally Posted by MDMercedesGuy View Post
I'll reserve judgment until I have seat time, and until the US spec versions are reviewed. I have zero interest in owning a V6 anything - the Inline 4 will suit my needs quite well. The 6,600 lb towing capacity tells me all I need to know...
After having my ML350 BTC stolen, I had a ML250 BTC on order. I cancelled it and bought an ML550 (since I couldn't find an ML350 BTC that had what I wanted). I wouldn't even consider the 4cyl. engine after driving a GLK 250 as a loaner for a couple of months.
Just my 5cents worth.
MichelleW is offline  
Old 07-18-2014, 07:46 AM
  #13  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
MDMercedesGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Germantown, MD
Posts: 1,193
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 C250 Sport Sedan
I've had quite a bit of seat time behind the 2.1 now in the E250 and GLK250. Given its mission, it does quite well on those 2 vehicles...
MDMercedesGuy is offline  
Old 07-18-2014, 09:29 AM
  #14  
Junior Member
 
MichelleW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 57
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 ML550
Originally Posted by MDMercedesGuy View Post
I've had quite a bit of seat time behind the 2.1 now in the E250 and GLK250. Given its mission, it does quite well on those 2 vehicles...
I suppose it depends upon what your driving style is. I love the petal on the right! I love the power! If I'm going to spend upwards of $80k (which I did), then I want a car that has some get up and go. My 2010 ML350 BTC did a fine job but I can't see myself being satisfied with less power. I had the one on order optioned up to about the same as I paid for my 550. It's what's important to you. I just didn't want to spend that kind of dough and then be disappointed. My 550 has not disappointed! And yes, it's a bit of a gas pig but if I can afford that kind of a car then I shouldn't have to worry about the cost of the fuel. Again, just my 5 cents. I'd hate to see someone make a costly mistake.
MichelleW is offline  
Old 07-18-2014, 10:16 AM
  #15  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
MDMercedesGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Germantown, MD
Posts: 1,193
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 C250 Sport Sedan
I like to go, however most of my driving is highway. I don't need insane speed, just steady midrange pull. The smart I owned was a good example of that - they are slow, but there is a "little engine that could" quality about them that makes it not feel underpowered.

I drove buses for a few years while in college, so I got used to being the slow guy on the road. For being a driving enthusiast, it doesn't bother me too much in my everyday driver. I'm thinking of picking up a preowned Porsche in a few years which should cover the need for speed.

That or maybe I'm just getting old
MDMercedesGuy is offline  
Old 07-18-2014, 10:40 AM
  #16  
Junior Member
 
MichelleW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 57
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 ML550
Originally Posted by MDMercedesGuy View Post
I like to go, however most of my driving is highway. I don't need insane speed, just steady midrange pull. The smart I owned was a good example of that - they are slow, but there is a "little engine that could" quality about them that makes it not feel underpowered.

I drove buses for a few years while in college, so I got used to being the slow guy on the road. For being a driving enthusiast, it doesn't bother me too much in my everyday driver. I'm thinking of picking up a preowned Porsche in a few years which should cover the need for speed.

That or maybe I'm just getting old
Never get old! It's a state of mind! :-)
My driving is mostly mountain (above 5000') so that's why power is important to me. I think I'd feel differently if I lived in LA and I didn't get the opportunity everyday to "open her up".
Thus the investment in the Passport 9500ci with the MC module. Making sure I stay "out of trouble"!! Enjoy your new BTC.
PS, some options that I couldn't live without:
1) Distronic package (the coolest thing ever)
2) keyless entry and keyless go (just had a loaner car without it and it was a PITA)
3) Leather seats with heated and cooled feature (awesome on hot days!!!)
4) HK Sound
MichelleW is offline  
Old 07-18-2014, 10:52 AM
  #17  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
MDMercedesGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Germantown, MD
Posts: 1,193
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 C250 Sport Sedan
I've told myself with this next car, I'm not going to talk myself out of any options. I love my C, but wish I had ordered Blind Spot Assist. I'm going all out on the next car.

My ML250 build as I am thinking:
  • Diamond Silver/Ash Leather/Anthricite Wood
  • Wood/Leather Wheel
  • P1 Package
  • Convenience Package
  • Lighting Package
  • 19" Sport Package
  • Park Assist Package
  • Driver Assist Package
  • Multicontour and ventilated seats
  • HK Stereo
  • Trailer Hitch
  • Ambient Lighting
  • Soft Close Doors
  • Keyless Go
  • SPC options - Memory Passenger Seat, Rear Side Airbags, Airmatic, Heated washer fluid, MB-Tex Wrapped Dash
MSRP is $74,590... I'll have to see what I can do about that, haha.
MDMercedesGuy is offline  
Old 07-18-2014, 11:54 AM
  #18  
Junior Member
 
MichelleW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 57
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 ML550
Originally Posted by MDMercedesGuy View Post
I've told myself with this next car, I'm not going to talk myself out of any options. I love my C, but wish I had ordered Blind Spot Assist. I'm going all out on the next car.

My ML250 build as I am thinking:
  • Diamond Silver/Ash Leather/Anthricite Wood
  • Wood/Leather Wheel
  • P1 Package
  • Convenience Package
  • Lighting Package
  • 19" Sport Package
  • Park Assist Package
  • Driver Assist Package
  • Multicontour and ventilated seats
  • HK Stereo
  • Trailer Hitch
  • Ambient Lighting
  • Soft Close Doors
  • Keyless Go
  • SPC options - Memory Passenger Seat, Rear Side Airbags, Airmatic, Heated washer fluid, MB-Tex Wrapped Dash
MSRP is $74,590... I'll have to see what I can do about that, haha.
That sounds like a great build!!! I forgot to mention the MB Tex wrapped dash. It looks awesome!!
MichelleW is offline  
Old 05-30-2015, 06:43 PM
  #19  
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 ML 250
2015 ML 250

When purchasing the ML 250 at MB of San Diego I inquired to the salesman and service rep. about permanently disabling the EOC system. That's the system that shuts the engine down when the car stops. The EOC can be deactivated by the driver by pushing a button after starting the car. The deactivation is temporary and must be repeated every time the car is started. They both stated it could be disabled and to bring the car into the service dept the following week. When I returned another salesman explained that the EOC could not be deactivated. I have since found this to be correct.
The EOC system is the most annoying device I have ever had on a car.
As mentioned the engine shuts down while driving every time the car stops unless the driver turns it off after starting the car. BMWNissan and a few other car companies have installed EOC buttons but they are activated by the driver. they are turned off unless the driver wises to use the EOC system.
When I called MB USA the rep told me that the engineers are smarter then I and that I should just get used to their system.
Now that said the EOC system is the most frustrating, annoying device I have ever had on a car. I didn't buy a car not to run and would never had bought the ML 250 if I had known that the EOC button could not be deactivated.
I understand that MB will put these EOC buttons on their S Class cars. I'm sure that will go over well with S Class buyers. A $100,000+ car that has a device that must be manually deactivated, before driving off.
The car is just ok. Nothing outstanding. Drives well, underpowered at higher speeds, fit and finish a bit above average......
Recommendation, DO NOT BUY A MB WITH THE EOC BUTTON. The engine shutting off can be very annoying. Since all MB's will have the EOC button.....
twoskeptics is offline  
Old 05-30-2015, 11:41 PM
  #20  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4,945
Likes: 0
Received 580 Likes on 450 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Please be aware that Eco-Start-Stop is now a mandatory requirement in the EU.. and tehcnically the system leverages the much higher fuel injection pressures ... and in essence "diesel" starts the engine back up (assuming it was ready parameters to allow shut down at stop tp begin with).... tech wise pretty slick actually... a quick press of a button disables this for the balance of a trip... one click, one button.... I would suggest that is not really a imposition, come on..
fabbrisd1 is offline  
Old 05-31-2015, 12:41 AM
  #21  
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 ML 250
ML 250 ECO button

Originally Posted by fabbrisd1 View Post
Please be aware that Eco-Start-Stop is now a mandatory requirement in the EU.. and tehcnically the system leverages the much higher fuel injection pressures ... and in essence "diesel" starts the engine back up (assuming it was ready parameters to allow shut down at stop tp begin with).... tech wise pretty slick actually... a quick press of a button disables this for the balance of a trip... one click, one button.... I would suggest that is not really a imposition, come on..
Thanks for the factoids.
Eco is just something I didn't want, told the salesman I didn't want it and got conned into it. Then I called MB USA. I thought MB owners were suppossed to be arrogant , this guy put any MB owners to shame. I find ECO annoying and wouldn't recommend MB to anyone because of it. The other car manufactures that have ECO, as I'm sure you are aware, have the button as a driver actuated device, as it should be with MB. I didn't buy an MB to push extra buttons to make it run as a normal car would. It's not an imposition, it's not MB.
I've had 4 ML's over the years. This the first one that really gets to me and it only has 1,500 miles on the odometer.
I appreciate the explanation on how the system works. I haven't been able to figure out why I don't hear the starter when the engine kicks back on. Now I know.
twoskeptics is offline  
Old 05-31-2015, 07:06 AM
  #22  
Senior Member
 
gkgeiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Ohio/Florida
Posts: 350
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
'10 C300, '15 ML250BT, '18 911 GTS Cab
I personally have no problem with it, but it's a shame you weren't given factual info.
gkgeiger is offline  
Old 06-01-2015, 03:42 AM
  #23  
Junior Member
 
flowrider99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 69
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
ML350 Sport (W166) / SL500 (R230)
Originally Posted by twoskeptics View Post
Thanks for the factoids.
Eco is just something I didn't want, told the salesman I didn't want it and got conned into it. Then I called MB USA. I thought MB owners were suppossed to be arrogant , this guy put any MB owners to shame. I find ECO annoying and wouldn't recommend MB to anyone because of it. The other car manufactures that have ECO, as I'm sure you are aware, have the button as a driver actuated device, as it should be with MB. I didn't buy an MB to push extra buttons to make it run as a normal car would. It's not an imposition, it's not MB.
I've had 4 ML's over the years. This the first one that really gets to me and it only has 1,500 miles on the odometer.
I appreciate the explanation on how the system works. I haven't been able to figure out why I don't hear the starter when the engine kicks back on. Now I know.
On my ML350 diesel you can hear the starter if you have the window down, otherwise you dont hear it. Sounds strange to passers by though, i bet they think i stalled the car.
flowrider99 is offline  
Old 06-01-2015, 12:31 PM
  #24  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bellevue, WA
Posts: 632
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 RR Sport - I Will Be Back
You get used to turning it off... its not the end of the world. You have a nice car, enjoy it and don't sweat the small things.

Originally Posted by twoskeptics View Post
Thanks for the factoids.
Eco is just something I didn't want, told the salesman I didn't want it and got conned into it. Then I called MB USA. I thought MB owners were suppossed to be arrogant , this guy put any MB owners to shame. I find ECO annoying and wouldn't recommend MB to anyone because of it. The other car manufactures that have ECO, as I'm sure you are aware, have the button as a driver actuated device, as it should be with MB. I didn't buy an MB to push extra buttons to make it run as a normal car would. It's not an imposition, it's not MB.
I've had 4 ML's over the years. This the first one that really gets to me and it only has 1,500 miles on the odometer.
I appreciate the explanation on how the system works. I haven't been able to figure out why I don't hear the starter when the engine kicks back on. Now I know.
hutch300 is offline  
Old 06-03-2015, 01:14 PM
  #25  
Senior Member
 
ChuckinTucson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Maricopa, AZ
Posts: 414
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
15 ML350, 06 E320CDI, 12 S63
I had my '13 ML350BT in for service and they gave me a C400 with the Eco Start/Stop. It's the first car I've driven with it. Spent part of the day with it and it didn't bother me at all.
ChuckinTucson is offline  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: News on the 2015 ML250?


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: