News on the 2015 ML250?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 87 Likes on 60 Posts
2024 GLS450
News on the 2015 ML250?

Has anyone been able to find out anything about the arrival of an ML250 Bluetec yet?

My sales rep doesn't seem to have any info and is not aware of when they are going to get theirs in yet. Given that the DOG says they will be available in August 2015, one would think that production would be started or close to starting now, and the MSRP info would have dropped.

Last edited by MDMercedesGuy; 07-18-2014 at 07:49 AM.
Old 07-14-2014, 01:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 ML 350
ML 250 MSRP is $49,800
I have one on order, I'm told production is for 3rd decade of August
Old 07-14-2014, 02:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 GLS450
Excellent! Thank you for letting me know that... that completes the last piece of the pricing puzzle for me - almost.

So apparently soft close doors were moved off of SPC and back to regular options per the DOG, but I can't find their MSRP or availability anywhere within that document.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Soft close doors are $550 and availability is immediate. If you salesman doesn't have the information, I would suggest finding a different salesman or dealer as the general prIcing information has just become available in the last day or two and is in several places on the web. Option prIcing has been available for several months.
Old 07-15-2014, 12:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Please understand for the BlueTech diesels - production "release" needs to wait for Federal apparoval - so ML250's built August/September - that factory release to dealer "might" be end-September/beginning October - no way to tell.

Yes - Dealer Order Guide with full pricing update has been released to dealers 2 weeks ago. Sorry I have been tied up to post that update to the forum.

Keep the beat !
Old 07-16-2014, 10:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 GLS450
Just read the new DOG.

Glad to know from the above post that soft close doors are still available. They're referenced on page 3 of the DOG, but then don't show up on the options area. I'm not worried about not being able to order them if I decide on the ML, now I just wonder what else they may have missed.

I have an awesome dealer, but unfortunately my account got handed over to a moron once my account rep left to be a GM at another dealer. I'm going to work with someone else who doesn't want to play games this time.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:28 AM

Received 151 Likes on 87 Posts
I prefer my 2013 Ml350 bluetec engine. Lots of power and great gas mileage. Mercedes is making a huge mistake to discontinue the Ml350 and replace it with a smaller and weaker Ml250. It will not be sufficient enough for this big heavy SUV and full load. I am not going to get one of these. The power curve is terrible and I will switch to the new Q7 next fall when the lease is up. I am a bit sadden. The ML350 is amazing.
Old 07-17-2014, 01:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 GLS450
Originally Posted by Baloo588
I prefer my 2013 Ml350 bluetec engine. Lots of power and great gas mileage. Mercedes is making a huge mistake to discontinue the Ml350 and replace it with a smaller and weaker Ml250. It will not be sufficient enough for this big heavy SUV and full load. I am not going to get one of these. The power curve is terrible and I will switch to the new Q7 next fall when the lease is up. I am a bit sadden. The ML350 is amazing.
What did you think of the ML250 from a driving perspective? When did your dealer get one in for test drives - or are these all armchair impressions?

There are several other threads debating the ML250 versus the ML350 (and apparently now the Q7...) - this is not one of them, though.

Last edited by MDMercedesGuy; 07-17-2014 at 03:17 PM.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts
2000 MB G500 NMLE, 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 TDI Prestige
I will switch to the new Q7 next fall when the lease is up. I am a bit sadden. The ML350 is amazing.
So is the Q7. It's a much better engineered car than the ML
Old 07-18-2014, 12:04 AM

Received 151 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by MDMercedesGuy
What did you think of the ML250 from a driving perspective? When did your dealer get one in for test drives - or are these all armchair impressions?

There are several other threads debating the ML250 versus the ML350 (and apparently now the Q7...) - this is not one of them, though.

All the reviews were quite cold on the Ml250s engine. They complained that it was a bit lackluster and noisy (v4 banger engine) and doesn't inspire confidence in the big SUV. These were euro magazines. I hate v4 engines especially in SUVs and I have rented Mls with the smaller engines in England and they are horrible.
Old 07-18-2014, 12:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 GLS450
All the reviews were quite cold on the Ml250s engine. They complained that it was a bit lackluster and noisy (v4 banger engine) and doesn't inspire confidence in the big SUV. These were euro magazines. I hate v4 engines especially in SUVs and I have rented Mls with the smaller engines in England and they are horrible.
I'll reserve judgment until I have seat time, and until the US spec versions are reviewed. I have zero interest in owning a V6 anything - the Inline 4 will suit my needs quite well. The 6,600 lb towing capacity tells me all I need to know...
Old 07-18-2014, 01:22 AM

2014 ML550
I'll reserve judgment until I have seat time, and until the US spec versions are reviewed. I have zero interest in owning a V6 anything - the Inline 4 will suit my needs quite well. The 6,600 lb towing capacity tells me all I need to know...
After having my ML350 BTC stolen, I had a ML250 BTC on order. I cancelled it and bought an ML550 (since I couldn't find an ML350 BTC that had what I wanted). I wouldn't even consider the 4cyl. engine after driving a GLK 250 as a loaner for a couple of months.
Just my 5cents worth.
Old 07-18-2014, 07:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 GLS450
I've had quite a bit of seat time behind the 2.1 now in the E250 and GLK250. Given its mission, it does quite well on those 2 vehicles...
Old 07-18-2014, 09:29 AM

2014 ML550
I've had quite a bit of seat time behind the 2.1 now in the E250 and GLK250. Given its mission, it does quite well on those 2 vehicles...
I suppose it depends upon what your driving style is. I love the petal on the right! I love the power! If I'm going to spend upwards of $80k (which I did), then I want a car that has some get up and go. My 2010 ML350 BTC did a fine job but I can't see myself being satisfied with less power. I had the one on order optioned up to about the same as I paid for my 550. It's what's important to you. I just didn't want to spend that kind of dough and then be disappointed. My 550 has not disappointed! And yes, it's a bit of a gas pig but if I can afford that kind of a car then I shouldn't have to worry about the cost of the fuel. Again, just my 5 cents. I'd hate to see someone make a costly mistake.
Old 07-18-2014, 10:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 GLS450
I like to go, however most of my driving is highway. I don't need insane speed, just steady midrange pull. The smart I owned was a good example of that - they are slow, but there is a "little engine that could" quality about them that makes it not feel underpowered.

I drove buses for a few years while in college, so I got used to being the slow guy on the road. For being a driving enthusiast, it doesn't bother me too much in my everyday driver. I'm thinking of picking up a preowned Porsche in a few years which should cover the need for speed.

That or maybe I'm just getting old
Old 07-18-2014, 10:40 AM

2014 ML550
I like to go, however most of my driving is highway. I don't need insane speed, just steady midrange pull. The smart I owned was a good example of that - they are slow, but there is a "little engine that could" quality about them that makes it not feel underpowered.

I drove buses for a few years while in college, so I got used to being the slow guy on the road. For being a driving enthusiast, it doesn't bother me too much in my everyday driver. I'm thinking of picking up a preowned Porsche in a few years which should cover the need for speed.

That or maybe I'm just getting old
Never get old! It's a state of mind! :-)
My driving is mostly mountain (above 5000') so that's why power is important to me. I think I'd feel differently if I lived in LA and I didn't get the opportunity everyday to "open her up".
Thus the investment in the Passport 9500ci with the MC module. Making sure I stay "out of trouble"!! Enjoy your new BTC.
PS, some options that I couldn't live without:
1) Distronic package (the coolest thing ever)
2) keyless entry and keyless go (just had a loaner car without it and it was a PITA)
3) Leather seats with heated and cooled feature (awesome on hot days!!!)
4) HK Sound
Old 07-18-2014, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 GLS450
I've told myself with this next car, I'm not going to talk myself out of any options. I love my C, but wish I had ordered Blind Spot Assist. I'm going all out on the next car.

My ML250 build as I am thinking:
  • Diamond Silver/Ash Leather/Anthricite Wood
  • Wood/Leather Wheel
  • P1 Package
  • Convenience Package
  • Lighting Package
  • 19" Sport Package
  • Park Assist Package
  • Driver Assist Package
  • Multicontour and ventilated seats
  • HK Stereo
  • Trailer Hitch
  • Ambient Lighting
  • Soft Close Doors
  • Keyless Go
  • SPC options - Memory Passenger Seat, Rear Side Airbags, Airmatic, Heated washer fluid, MB-Tex Wrapped Dash
MSRP is $74,590... I'll have to see what I can do about that, haha.
Old 07-18-2014, 11:54 AM

2014 ML550
I've told myself with this next car, I'm not going to talk myself out of any options. I love my C, but wish I had ordered Blind Spot Assist. I'm going all out on the next car.

My ML250 build as I am thinking:
  • Diamond Silver/Ash Leather/Anthricite Wood
  • Wood/Leather Wheel
  • P1 Package
  • Convenience Package
  • Lighting Package
  • 19" Sport Package
  • Park Assist Package
  • Driver Assist Package
  • Multicontour and ventilated seats
  • HK Stereo
  • Trailer Hitch
  • Ambient Lighting
  • Soft Close Doors
  • Keyless Go
  • SPC options - Memory Passenger Seat, Rear Side Airbags, Airmatic, Heated washer fluid, MB-Tex Wrapped Dash
MSRP is $74,590... I'll have to see what I can do about that, haha.
That sounds like a great build!!! I forgot to mention the MB Tex wrapped dash. It looks awesome!!
Old 05-30-2015, 06:43 PM

2015 ML 250
2015 ML 250

When purchasing the ML 250 at MB of San Diego I inquired to the salesman and service rep. about permanently disabling the EOC system. That's the system that shuts the engine down when the car stops. The EOC can be deactivated by the driver by pushing a button after starting the car. The deactivation is temporary and must be repeated every time the car is started. They both stated it could be disabled and to bring the car into the service dept the following week. When I returned another salesman explained that the EOC could not be deactivated. I have since found this to be correct.
The EOC system is the most annoying device I have ever had on a car.
As mentioned the engine shuts down while driving every time the car stops unless the driver turns it off after starting the car. BMWNissan and a few other car companies have installed EOC buttons but they are activated by the driver. they are turned off unless the driver wises to use the EOC system.
When I called MB USA the rep told me that the engineers are smarter then I and that I should just get used to their system.
Now that said the EOC system is the most frustrating, annoying device I have ever had on a car. I didn't buy a car not to run and would never had bought the ML 250 if I had known that the EOC button could not be deactivated.
I understand that MB will put these EOC buttons on their S Class cars. I'm sure that will go over well with S Class buyers. A $100,000+ car that has a device that must be manually deactivated, before driving off.
The car is just ok. Nothing outstanding. Drives well, underpowered at higher speeds, fit and finish a bit above average......
Recommendation, DO NOT BUY A MB WITH THE EOC BUTTON. The engine shutting off can be very annoying. Since all MB's will have the EOC button.....
Old 05-30-2015, 11:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Please be aware that Eco-Start-Stop is now a mandatory requirement in the EU.. and tehcnically the system leverages the much higher fuel injection pressures ... and in essence "diesel" starts the engine back up (assuming it was ready parameters to allow shut down at stop tp begin with).... tech wise pretty slick actually... a quick press of a button disables this for the balance of a trip... one click, one button.... I would suggest that is not really a imposition, come on..
Old 05-31-2015, 12:41 AM

2015 ML 250
ML 250 ECO button

Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
Please be aware that Eco-Start-Stop is now a mandatory requirement in the EU.. and tehcnically the system leverages the much higher fuel injection pressures ... and in essence "diesel" starts the engine back up (assuming it was ready parameters to allow shut down at stop tp begin with).... tech wise pretty slick actually... a quick press of a button disables this for the balance of a trip... one click, one button.... I would suggest that is not really a imposition, come on..
Thanks for the factoids.
Eco is just something I didn't want, told the salesman I didn't want it and got conned into it. Then I called MB USA. I thought MB owners were suppossed to be arrogant , this guy put any MB owners to shame. I find ECO annoying and wouldn't recommend MB to anyone because of it. The other car manufactures that have ECO, as I'm sure you are aware, have the button as a driver actuated device, as it should be with MB. I didn't buy an MB to push extra buttons to make it run as a normal car would. It's not an imposition, it's not MB.
I've had 4 ML's over the years. This the first one that really gets to me and it only has 1,500 miles on the odometer.
I appreciate the explanation on how the system works. I haven't been able to figure out why I don't hear the starter when the engine kicks back on. Now I know.
Old 05-31-2015, 07:06 AM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
'10 C300, '15 ML250BT, '22 M850i Vert
I personally have no problem with it, but it's a shame you weren't given factual info.
Old 06-01-2015, 03:42 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
ML350 Sport (W166) / SL500 (R230)
Originally Posted by twoskeptics
Thanks for the factoids.
Eco is just something I didn't want, told the salesman I didn't want it and got conned into it. Then I called MB USA. I thought MB owners were suppossed to be arrogant , this guy put any MB owners to shame. I find ECO annoying and wouldn't recommend MB to anyone because of it. The other car manufactures that have ECO, as I'm sure you are aware, have the button as a driver actuated device, as it should be with MB. I didn't buy an MB to push extra buttons to make it run as a normal car would. It's not an imposition, it's not MB.
I've had 4 ML's over the years. This the first one that really gets to me and it only has 1,500 miles on the odometer.
I appreciate the explanation on how the system works. I haven't been able to figure out why I don't hear the starter when the engine kicks back on. Now I know.
On my ML350 diesel you can hear the starter if you have the window down, otherwise you dont hear it. Sounds strange to passers by though, i bet they think i stalled the car.
Old 06-01-2015, 12:31 PM

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
2022 GLE450
You get used to turning it off... its not the end of the world. You have a nice car, enjoy it and don't sweat the small things.

Originally Posted by twoskeptics
Thanks for the factoids.
Old 06-03-2015, 01:14 PM

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
2012 S63, 2013 E350 Bluetec
I had my '13 ML350BT in for service and they gave me a C400 with the Eco Start/Stop. It's the first car I've driven with it. Spent part of the day with it and it didn't bother me at all.