M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Anyone using Pandora?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 09:40 AM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
'10 C300, '15 ML250BT, '22 M850i Vert
Anyone using Pandora?

After I figured out how to get it to work, I realized there are 2 ways to connect. Via BT and Via Media interface. Using media interface gives you more info., ex. shows the album cover. The negative to that is the sound quality isn't as good as BT connectivity, which I don't understand. Also, I haven't found a way to change stations without using my Iphone. Any help out there. Thanks in advance. By the way, I did a Pandora search and didn't find much. A couple questions asked but no answers.
Old 10-28-2015, 11:25 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2019 AMG GLE 63S
Curious what others have to say on this also. I have the MB lightning cable in the console but it won't work with a case on the phone so I used the USB connection but didn't have time to play around with it.

Also, I use Amazon Prime music most of the time now. The sound quality is way better than Pandora it seems to my ear. If you are a Prime member and haven't tried the music I would recommend checking it out. The app is great.
Old 10-28-2015, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by troymir350
Curious what others have to say on this also. I have the MB lightning cable in the console but it won't work with a case on the phone so I used the USB connection but didn't have time to play around with it.

Also, I use Amazon Prime music most of the time now. The sound quality is way better than Pandora it seems to my ear. If you are a Prime member and haven't tried the music I would recommend checking it out. The app is great.
I'll look into Prime but I couldn't be happier with Pandora. The sound thru my HK from BT audio is phenomenal. I don't understand why, when wired it isn't as good.
Old 10-30-2015, 08:37 AM

Well, over 100 lookers and no one using Pandora. I guess most MB guys just pay Sirius/XM. My free Sirius subscription recently expired and I won't be renewing. Still would like to know how others are connecting to Pandora.
Old 10-30-2015, 06:26 PM

Received 129 Likes on 99 Posts
2023 GLE63S - Edition 55
Originally Posted by gkgeiger
Well, over 100 lookers and no one using Pandora. I guess most MB guys just pay Sirius/XM. My free Sirius subscription recently expired and I won't be renewing. Still would like to know how others are connecting to Pandora.
If are in the iOS ecosystem Apple Music is great. Its integration into iTunes is seamless. Thats all I use now.
Old 10-30-2015, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by chrislk55
If are in the iOS ecosystem Apple Music is great. Its integration into iTunes is seamless. Thats all I use now.
How about schooling this old guy? I'm not a big fan of Itunes. I can't even figure out how to sync my music to it. I only have it because it's the only way to download to my phone and I can't even do that well. How does Apple Music work and what does it cost. Remember, Pandora is free and works well on the phone. Just trying to find out the best way to connect to my ML. Thanks,
Old 11-01-2015, 12:33 PM

Received 129 Likes on 99 Posts
2023 GLE63S - Edition 55
Originally Posted by gkgeiger
How about schooling this old guy? I'm not a big fan of itunes. I can't even figure out how to sync my music to it. I only have it because it's the only way to download to my phone and I can't even do that well. How does Apple Music work and what does it cost. Remember, Pandora is free and works well on the phone. Just trying to find out the best way to connect to my ML. Thanks,

No worries ... First off you need to have a fairly recent iOS device with iOS version 8.4 or newer. Apple introduced Apple Music in 8.4.

They do give you a 3 month trial to see if you like it, after that its 9.99 per month for an individual membership of 14.99 for a family membership which supports up to 5 users and all their devices.

From within your settings, make sure Apple Music is turned on. (Settings, Music, Show Apple Music) Once its on, if you go into iTunes and start trying to access music, it will prompt you to sign up for your free trial. After signing up, it will ask you about your taste in music and create custom play lists based on your taste. You have full access to their 43 million song library !

Check out the link below for more info ...

http://www.imore.com/apple-music-faq
Old 11-02-2015, 12:28 PM

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts
2016 GLE 350d
Originally Posted by chrislk55
No worries ... First off you need to have a fairly recent iOS device with iOS version 8.4 or newer. Apple introduced Apple Music in 8.4.

They do give you a 3 month trial to see if you like it, after that its 9.99 per month for an individual membership of 14.99 for a family membership which supports up to 5 users and all their devices.

From within your settings, make sure Apple Music is turned on. (Settings, Music, Show Apple Music) Once its on, if you go into iTunes and start trying to access music, it will prompt you to sign up for your free trial. After signing up, it will ask you about your taste in music and create custom play lists based on your taste. You have full access to their 43 million song library !

Check out the link below for more info ...

http://www.imore.com/apple-music-faq

Thanks for this, I just signed up.
Old 11-02-2015, 03:44 PM

Not me, why pay $120 a year when you can get any kind of music you want for FREE.