Notices
M-Class (W166) 2012, Read about the upcoming M-Class

Anyone using Pandora?

 
Old 10-28-2015, 09:40 AM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
gkgeiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Ohio/Florida
Posts: 350
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
'10 C300, '15 ML250BT, '18 911 GTS Cab
Anyone using Pandora?

After I figured out how to get it to work, I realized there are 2 ways to connect. Via BT and Via Media interface. Using media interface gives you more info., ex. shows the album cover. The negative to that is the sound quality isn't as good as BT connectivity, which I don't understand. Also, I haven't found a way to change stations without using my Iphone. Any help out there. Thanks in advance. By the way, I did a Pandora search and didn't find much. A couple questions asked but no answers.
gkgeiger is offline  
Old 10-28-2015, 11:25 AM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 378
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2017 C63 Cab
Curious what others have to say on this also. I have the MB lightning cable in the console but it won't work with a case on the phone so I used the USB connection but didn't have time to play around with it.

Also, I use Amazon Prime music most of the time now. The sound quality is way better than Pandora it seems to my ear. If you are a Prime member and haven't tried the music I would recommend checking it out. The app is great.
troymir350 is offline  
Old 10-28-2015, 01:09 PM
  #3  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
gkgeiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Ohio/Florida
Posts: 350
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
'10 C300, '15 ML250BT, '18 911 GTS Cab
Originally Posted by troymir350 View Post
Curious what others have to say on this also. I have the MB lightning cable in the console but it won't work with a case on the phone so I used the USB connection but didn't have time to play around with it.

Also, I use Amazon Prime music most of the time now. The sound quality is way better than Pandora it seems to my ear. If you are a Prime member and haven't tried the music I would recommend checking it out. The app is great.
I'll look into Prime but I couldn't be happier with Pandora. The sound thru my HK from BT audio is phenomenal. I don't understand why, when wired it isn't as good.
gkgeiger is offline  
Old 10-30-2015, 08:37 AM
  #4  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
gkgeiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Ohio/Florida
Posts: 350
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
'10 C300, '15 ML250BT, '18 911 GTS Cab
Well, over 100 lookers and no one using Pandora. I guess most MB guys just pay Sirius/XM. My free Sirius subscription recently expired and I won't be renewing. Still would like to know how others are connecting to Pandora.
gkgeiger is offline  
Old 10-30-2015, 06:26 PM
  #5  
Member
 
chrislk55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 84
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 ML350, 2006 SLK55 (Sold)
Originally Posted by gkgeiger View Post
Well, over 100 lookers and no one using Pandora. I guess most MB guys just pay Sirius/XM. My free Sirius subscription recently expired and I won't be renewing. Still would like to know how others are connecting to Pandora.
If are in the iOS ecosystem Apple Music is great. Its integration into iTunes is seamless. Thats all I use now.
chrislk55 is offline  
Old 10-30-2015, 06:50 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
gkgeiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Ohio/Florida
Posts: 350
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
'10 C300, '15 ML250BT, '18 911 GTS Cab
Originally Posted by chrislk55 View Post
If are in the iOS ecosystem Apple Music is great. Its integration into iTunes is seamless. Thats all I use now.
How about schooling this old guy? I'm not a big fan of Itunes. I can't even figure out how to sync my music to it. I only have it because it's the only way to download to my phone and I can't even do that well. How does Apple Music work and what does it cost. Remember, Pandora is free and works well on the phone. Just trying to find out the best way to connect to my ML. Thanks,
gkgeiger is offline  
Old 11-01-2015, 12:33 PM
  #7  
Member
 
chrislk55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 84
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 ML350, 2006 SLK55 (Sold)
Originally Posted by gkgeiger View Post
How about schooling this old guy? I'm not a big fan of itunes. I can't even figure out how to sync my music to it. I only have it because it's the only way to download to my phone and I can't even do that well. How does Apple Music work and what does it cost. Remember, Pandora is free and works well on the phone. Just trying to find out the best way to connect to my ML. Thanks,

No worries ... First off you need to have a fairly recent iOS device with iOS version 8.4 or newer. Apple introduced Apple Music in 8.4.

They do give you a 3 month trial to see if you like it, after that its 9.99 per month for an individual membership of 14.99 for a family membership which supports up to 5 users and all their devices.

From within your settings, make sure Apple Music is turned on. (Settings, Music, Show Apple Music) Once its on, if you go into iTunes and start trying to access music, it will prompt you to sign up for your free trial. After signing up, it will ask you about your taste in music and create custom play lists based on your taste. You have full access to their 43 million song library !

Check out the link below for more info ...


http://www.imore.com/apple-music-faq
chrislk55 is offline  
Old 11-02-2015, 12:28 PM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 355
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
2016 GLE 350d
Originally Posted by chrislk55 View Post
No worries ... First off you need to have a fairly recent iOS device with iOS version 8.4 or newer. Apple introduced Apple Music in 8.4.

They do give you a 3 month trial to see if you like it, after that its 9.99 per month for an individual membership of 14.99 for a family membership which supports up to 5 users and all their devices.

From within your settings, make sure Apple Music is turned on. (Settings, Music, Show Apple Music) Once its on, if you go into iTunes and start trying to access music, it will prompt you to sign up for your free trial. After signing up, it will ask you about your taste in music and create custom play lists based on your taste. You have full access to their 43 million song library !

Check out the link below for more info ...


http://www.imore.com/apple-music-faq

Thanks for this, I just signed up.
2012MLBlue is offline  
Old 11-02-2015, 03:44 PM
  #9  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
gkgeiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Ohio/Florida
Posts: 350
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
'10 C300, '15 ML250BT, '18 911 GTS Cab
Not me, why pay $120 a year when you can get any kind of music you want for FREE.
gkgeiger is offline  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone using Pandora?


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: