Blind Spot Assist Inoperative message

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2020, 08:33 PM
G K

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes ML350 2014 4-matic
Blind Spot Assist Inoperative message

I have a 2014 ML350 4Matic and for about a week now its been showing the Blindspot assist inoperative messages, as well as the safety functions limited message every time I start the SUV...
I cleaned both sensors from inside the bumper and blasted the connections with air. They were extremely dirty so I thought it would be fixed the problem, but it didn't.
I then checked fuse 116 under the rear seat which is for Drivers assistance (BSM, Lane departure, and Distronic), it was blown out so I switched it.
The safety functions limited message doesn't come up anymore, but the Blindspot inoperative is still coming up. Any ideas about what it could be..?
thinking one of the sensors itself needs to be replaced, will most likely try finding a used one if it is the case.
Old 04-14-2020, 12:19 PM

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts
2012 ML350 Bluetec, 2015 GL350 Bluetec
You need to find a Star/Xentry system to read out what's actually the problem. It can be that the computer thinks the indicator light on the mirror is defective. Mine had such issue before and I solved it by replacing a side mirror. I used a $500 cloned system I bought from China.
Old 04-21-2020, 12:27 AM

ML350 2012 W166
Originally Posted by G K
I have a 2014 ML350 4Matic and for about a week now its been showing the Blindspot assist inoperative messages, as well as the safety functions limited message every time I start the SUV...
I cleaned both sensors from inside the bumper and blasted the connections with air. They were extremely dirty so I thought it would be fixed the problem, but it didn't.
I then checked fuse 116 under the rear seat which is for Drivers assistance (BSM, Lane departure, and Distronic), it was blown out so I switched it.
The safety functions limited message doesn't come up anymore, but the Blindspot inoperative is still coming up. Any ideas about what it could be..?
thinking one of the sensors itself needs to be replaced, will most likely try finding a used one if it is the case.
I had the same problem when I had a minor accident that damaged the front guard. Once the sensor was replaced all returned to normal.
Old 03-16-2024, 01:28 PM

Mercedes Benz E 350 4 Matic 2008 , ML 350 4 Matic 2013
Originally Posted by geniushanbiao
You need to find a Star/Xentry system to read out what's actually the problem. It can be that the computer thinks the indicator light on the mirror is defective. Mine had such issue before and I solved it by replacing a side mirror. I used a $500 cloned system I bought from China.
hey what steps did you take on xentry ti have it work again? Thanks in advance
Old 03-16-2024, 05:55 PM

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts
2012 ML350 Bluetec, 2015 GL350 Bluetec
Originally Posted by W211.
hey what steps did you take on xentry ti have it work again? Thanks in advance
It's been some time so I might be a little rusty. Basically after initiating you go into the module and check the error code and message. If I remember correctly the blind spot stuff should be in the door module but I can be wrong on this. For mine it was that the driver side blind spot light error but actually that light works. You can go into actuation to turn that light on and off to see if it actually works. And in the error code page you can erase the code. For mine I remember I replaced the mirror glass due to the heater not working (tested resistance showed infinite), but I put the original blind spot light back. After clearing the code it worked fine. My guess is that someone serviced the door/mirror without disconnecting battery which logged this error and disabled the system. You can diagnose yours based on what error message is there.
The following users liked this post:
ROCK1965 (09-02-2024)
Old 03-16-2024, 08:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ML63
Hi. Possibly not your problem here, but when i first bought my ML63 second hand, I got lots of messages like this when i would start the car. Sometimes none, sometimes one or two, sometimes more, and then sometimes none again. (Blindspot, park assist, etc). Once i replaced both batteries all of this went away. So if your batteries are old, you could try that.