M275 V12 Bi-Turbo Platform Technical discussion relating to models sharing the M275 V12 Bi-Turbo (V12 TT). Including SL600, SL65 AMG, CL600, CL65 AMG, S600, S65 AMG.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Data Logging

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 11:24 AM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Buick T-Type, 70 cuda, S65 and a very FAST Truck!
Data Logging

What data logging software is every one using? Pros and cons to different versions out there?

Many thanks!
Old 12-28-2009, 01:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E55, Supercharged Z4 (sold)
Anyone use auto enginuity? It can scan via the OBD-II port plus it also has acceleration software. 60ft times, 1/8 mile, 0-60 etc looks like you could even use it for 60-130. It says "Speed vs Time graphing". $250

Dashdyno SPD does the same thing and maybe more. A bit more expensive but still not bad. http://www.auterraweb.com/dashdynoseries.html Don't have time to look into them right now but they looked like a do-it-all kind of device.

Any experiences?
Old 12-28-2009, 03:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Luke_M
Anyone use auto enginuity? It can scan via the OBD-II port plus it also has acceleration software. 60ft times, 1/8 mile, 0-60 etc looks like you could even use it for 60-130. It says "Speed vs Time graphing". $250

Dashdyno SPD does the same thing and maybe more. A bit more expensive but still not bad. http://www.auterraweb.com/dashdynoseries.html Don't have time to look into them right now but they looked like a do-it-all kind of device.

Any experiences?
I use dashdaq with Zeitronix hardware. This is the ultimate setup and I love mine. I've been able to keep a very close eye on what my car does at track every single time out. Initially I went through the OBDII port that was way to slow for what I wanted. I got with Needswing, Zeitronix, and my tech and explained to them everything I wanted....they all made it happen. I know have a system that directly reads the parameters I want logged straight to the source...awesome!!! Here's a quick shot of how it looks.

Old 12-28-2009, 06:20 PM

Wow. Thats awesome. Looks like that was during a 1/4 mile run. Is that right? I like that you get all the basic info in one package. CEL codes, engine data, and accel numbers. Does it do 60-130?
Old 12-28-2009, 07:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Luke_M
Wow. Thats awesome. Looks like that was during a 1/4 mile run. Is that right? I like that you get all the basic info in one package. CEL codes, engine data, and accel numbers. Does it do 60-130?
No, it does have some runs you could do but it wouldn't be accurate when compared to the performance box. Everything is done through the OBDII port when it comes to performance data and the output is way too slow. I think when monitoring 3 different parameters you'll maybe get up to 3 sample per second. This is why I opted to go with bypassing the OBDII and tapping directly into the source....instant info. If you take a look at my graph it will be obvious which parameter are still going through the OBDII, the lines that are really boxy. On these parameters I didn't mind if I got slower sampling.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:46 PM

Gotcha. I was thinking of the other logger I think. Thanks for posting that info Alan!
Old 01-06-2010, 09:42 PM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Buick T-Type, 70 cuda, S65 and a very FAST Truck!
I have the zietronix setup on my Buick with wideband O2, MAP, EGT etc. Are you able to get those parameters plus what you select? Or just some predetermined values? Is you MAP from a zietronix sensor or factory Mercedes computer info?

Thanks!
Old 01-13-2010, 10:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Flight Test
I have the zietronix setup on my Buick with wideband O2, MAP, EGT etc. Are you able to get those parameters plus what you select? Or just some predetermined values? Is you MAP from a zietronix sensor or factory Mercedes computer info?

Thanks!
I have direct reading which bypass my OBDII for AFR, EGT, Fuel Pressure, both front and back Knock sensors, RPM and throttle position. I also wanted to get my timing direct but it was more difficult then anticipated. I read my timing, IAT's, and engine temp through my OBDII. I l also added the little audible alarm setup that will let me set parameter for each on of these functions. It's awesome!

If anyone is interested in a setup like this call Rob at Needswings!