M275 V12 Bi-Turbo Platform Technical discussion relating to models sharing the M275 V12 Bi-Turbo (V12 TT). Including SL600, SL65 AMG, CL600, CL65 AMG, S600, S65 AMG.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If you own a 600/65 V12TT get the "Latest" SPEEDRIVEN TCU

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 02:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
The deed is done.

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...t-1-sl600.html
Old 09-12-2010, 08:42 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Whatever we're tuning!
The proof will be at MIR on the 17th!

Hope you can learn to harness that new found power Clayton!

I also have all of the info from your previous tune and the watermarks that were found!
Old 09-15-2010, 08:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 & CL CK60
any word on the availability of this TCU mod for the 55k?
Old 09-15-2010, 10:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Originally Posted by beauphus
any word on the availability of this TCU mod for the 55k?
What I was told, is that it is available for the 55K cars. But, the 55K AMG torque limiters are already set pretty aggressively. So, unless you're pushing huge amounts of torque into the tranny, the TCU tune won't really do anything for you. Most tuned 55K cars aren't at the point where they're being held back by the torque limiters. I'm sure there are some 55K cars that can benefit, though.
Old 09-24-2011, 07:10 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2019 S65 Coupe, 2005 Ford GT, 2013 Viper, 2011 Boxster Spyder, 928 GT
Just a little update for you. I tried to get an ECU/TCU tune from Speedriven for my 2007 CL600 and it doesn't really exist. They have the ECU but their TCU does not work in models past 2006.

I don't know where to info on the Kleeman TCU comes from ( that is like the tune in the 65) but I did elect to go with their ECU/TCU as I wanted the full package. I was advised that there was a chance that if the ECU tune was aggressive enough the transmission would see too much torque and go into limp home mode.

Just got it last night so haven't had time to fully evaluate it but I do notice that I didn't get the "M" mode as far as I can tell. When you guys with the Speedriven tune push the C-S button does it really cyle to M on the dash?
Old 10-08-2011, 07:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by andymlow
Just a little update for you. I tried to get an ECU/TCU tune from Speedriven for my 2007 CL600 and it doesn't really exist. They have the ECU but their TCU does not work in models past 2006.

I don't know where to info on the Kleeman TCU comes from ( that is like the tune in the 65) but I did elect to go with their ECU/TCU as I wanted the full package. I was advised that there was a chance that if the ECU tune was aggressive enough the transmission would see too much torque and go into limp home mode.

Just got it last night so haven't had time to fully evaluate it but I do notice that I didn't get the "M" mode as far as I can tell. When you guys with the Speedriven tune push the C-S button does it really cyle to M on the dash?
YES.. I'll take a pic soon & post each mode available in cluster....
Old 10-08-2011, 10:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
G350 Bluetec
Just get a mclaren slr or the next generation of mercedes Aston martins instead of this déclassé pimp my tcu.

I feel better now!
Old 11-03-2011, 07:22 PM

CL 600

What does the M mode mean/do?

And can you clarify the part about the ECU tune being too aggressive and making the transmission go into limp mode. Do you mean with a stock TCU or even with a tuned TCU?
Old 11-04-2011, 07:33 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yes

Originally Posted by 240M3SRT
What does the M mode mean/do?

And can you clarify the part about the ECU tune being too aggressive and making the transmission go into limp mode. Do you mean with a stock TCU or even with a tuned TCU?

The transmission can go into limp home mode even with the stock tune - mine did several times as it sees too much input torque. I can't remember the figure, but I believe stock either 800nm or 1000nm trigger limp home mode. It's all in how you launch the car.

M mode allows you to select the gear with the side-to-side shifter with no computer over ride. As in, right now if try to hold a gear, it will still upshift/downshift as it sees fit. With the M mode it won't - only the rev limiter will hold you back.
Old 11-05-2011, 12:02 AM

CL 600
Originally Posted by FormulaZR
The transmission can go into limp home mode even with the stock tune - mine did several times as it sees too much input torque. I can't remember the figure, but I believe stock either 800nm or 1000nm trigger limp home mode. It's all in how you launch the car.

M mode allows you to select the gear with the side-to-side shifter with no computer over ride. As in, right now if try to hold a gear, it will still upshift/downshift as it sees fit. With the M mode it won't - only the rev limiter will hold you back.
How does one reset the vehicle so it will drive normaly if a hard launch on a factory ECU sends it into limp home mode?

Also, im not understanding how "M mode" is a good thing based on your description. If i am drag racing, or if i do a 60mph highway punch, and the engine has hit its maximum rpm, i would prefer it upshift for me as i am no longer accelerating forward bouncing off the rev limiter. If i am roadracing this 5000lb beast then i might prefer to hold the gear until i come out of the turn. Im probably missing something here so feel free to explain further.
Old 11-05-2011, 02:43 AM
Super Moderator

W221
Interesting...
Old 11-05-2011, 06:41 AM

Yes
Originally Posted by 240M3SRT
How does one reset the vehicle so it will drive normaly if a hard launch on a factory ECU sends it into limp home mode?

Also, im not understanding how "M mode" is a good thing based on your description. If i am drag racing, or if i do a 60mph highway punch, and the engine has hit its maximum rpm, i would prefer it upshift for me as i am no longer accelerating forward bouncing off the rev limiter. If i am roadracing this 5000lb beast then i might prefer to hold the gear until i come out of the turn. Im probably missing something here so feel free to explain further.
Usually you just turn the car off and restart it. If you've triggered some other versions of limp home it might need to be reset through a code reader (like when I had the "incorrect gear ratio" code). Part of the true "limp home" mode on these cars dumps all the boost and operates as an N/A car. That is why you feel such a loss in power when you have misfire codes, for example...

M mode is especially handy on a dyno where it's VERY hard to keep the car in a gear without it downshifting. I personally don't see too many other benefits for it outside of that.
Old 11-24-2011, 06:21 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2019 S65 Coupe, 2005 Ford GT, 2013 Viper, 2011 Boxster Spyder, 928 GT
The point of the question was that the tune being discussed did not apply to later vehicles. The M mode is standard on the AMG cars. In the non-AMG car when you active the paddle shifter all it does is lower the maximum gear allowed...it changes Drive to D4 then D3 etc. It is not a direct control of what gear you are in, hence it is not really a manual override. In M mode the buttons act to move your gear up or down one with each activation. Not really that important but nice to have at times and touted by some of the TCU tunes for the earlier cars.
Old 11-26-2011, 02:29 AM

2007 Mercedes S600 / 2003 BMW M3 Cabriolet / 2000 BMW M5
Is this upgrade the ECU and TCU? What is the cost? What are the actual gains?

Just bought a 2007 S600... Thanks...

Sne