M275 V12 Bi-Turbo Platform Technical discussion relating to models sharing the M275 V12 Bi-Turbo (V12 TT). Including SL600, SL65 AMG, CL600, CL65 AMG, S600, S65 AMG.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P202F Canbus code from ABC computer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 03:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 S600 11.7 @120, CL600
P202F Canbus code from ABC computer

Guys, I need a bit of help. I am getting a P202F No or incorrect CAN message from control unit N51/2 (ABC control module)(P0600) current error. I really don't care about this error except that it is keeping my radiator fan from turning on.
The reason that this code is on is that I have removed all of the ABC suspension and I need to find out what wires need voltage feedback from the suspension computer. Anyone able to help?/
Old 07-19-2011, 02:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Good grief. I'm willing to bet that you're the first person to ever remove the entire ABC system and swap it with a conventional coilover setup.

Sorry man, can't help on this one.

I see that your sig says "05 CL600 Getting ready 9 second pass" [sic]

Care to elaborate on that?
Old 07-19-2011, 06:05 PM

03 S600 11.7 @120, CL600
Well it took me a while with a voltmeter, STAR diagnostics and some head scratching but I figured everything out. I am driving the car around for another week or so before I get it tuned. Speedriven will not return my call and really do not seem interested in tackling the tuning on this car. I talked to Jerry with Euro today and will take the car to Houston to get tuned. Here is the latest picture that I have of the car. I am not done with it by any means and the engine bay is still dirty in this picture, but all of the plumbing and I believe powdercoating is completed in this picture.

This is the first picture that I have posted of the car so let me know what you think. I did 100% of the fab work and 95% of the welding. My brother is bit better at TIG welding aluminum so he welded up the intercoolers. Headers are backpurged stainless steel, everything else on the car is aluminum.
Attached Thumbnails P202F Canbus code from ABC computer-img_2883.jpg  
Old 07-19-2011, 10:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Holy crapballs!

Firstly,

Now, is that top mount snails with custom headers, minus the turbo castings? Or is that a dual, sequential biturbo setup, with the factory snails still in place? Pic is small on my phone, so I can't follow the plumbing.

What are you doing about cooling, other than the larger top mount coolers? Rear reservoir? Larger heat exchanger? Meth?

Are you fortifying the tranny? We're seeing the tranny's starting to have a hard time with these big hp/tq V12TTs. What about rear diff and axles? If you're going for 9's on drag radials, you might see those start to let loose too. I've personally seen axles, spider gears and complete diffs, grenade on 10second V12TTs

And again.....holy crapballs! Color me impressed.

***edit***

Where is the effing SBC pump? Did you ditch that system too?

Last edited by Benz-O-Rama; 07-19-2011 at 10:55 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:34 AM

03 S600 11.7 @120, CL600
The antilock brake system is still on the car. I relocated it down into the bumper where the ABC suspension module and valve block was located. I had to make a custom bracket, lengthen all the brake lines and solder 25 lines to extend the harness so that it would reach. That was necessary to get the turbo's up front. The ABC suspension and windshield washer reservoir are the only things that I had to remove. I could have made something custom for the washer reservoir but it wasn't that important to me.

The stock headers are WAYYYYY too small. I have modified stock turbo's in my S600 (Maintain 20psi all the way to redline) and I was dissapointed in the HP gains. This is attributed to the extreme backpressure.
I made all new, larger, free flowing design headers.

I have not done anything with the Tranny. I have seen guys make a ton of power and thrash their car in the standing mile and have them stay togeather. Meanwhile I have heard of guys break then in their stock car at the track. I think some of the guys that break them are not allowing their car to properly cool down in between runs and their trans temps are sky high. If I break it I will upgrade it. THe same goes for the rear end. I am going to run with stock for now and if I break it I then have to make the tough decision to either replace the stock components or ditch the IRS completely.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:39 AM

03 S600 11.7 @120, CL600
The intercooler system consists of a 5 gallon cell in the trunk with a davies craig water pump pumping through -16AN line to the HUGE front heat exhanger then Y's off into two -12AN lines going into the intercoolers and then merge back into a -16 and back into the tank. The davies craig pumps 28GPM through my lines and intercooler. Figuring the HP that I am looking for I needed at least 24GPM to reach optimal efficency with these intercooler cores.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mama!

Good luck with her. Sounds like an amazing build with lots and lots of fabrication work. Can't wait to see/hear/read about this monster when it finally makes a pass.

Old 07-21-2011, 03:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
WOW

Not that is what I call custom/home made work of art

Good luck my friend, and as Benz said, be careful of the diff and axles.

I know of six that have grenaded with only tunes and drag radials.

One VERY wise gentlemen here did tell me to ditch the drag radials and go with wrinkle walls. Less dramatic to the drive train. In his opinion. But I do TRUST him as he runs 10's all day long

Again, good luck, and I know Jerry will take GREAT care of your incredible toy

PS: DO you have a little extra time available for my humble S
Old 08-09-2011, 05:14 PM

S600
Regarding your error, you might want to have a word with Arnott industries since they are familiar with removing all of the ABC stuff.

As for what you are doing, fantastic! Great to see someone doing home-brew stuff on these cars. My home-brew plans are much more modest but you have given me inspiration.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:59 PM
alx
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 247 Likes on 213 Posts
you might be able to find the "abc option" in sds and configure it as "not equipped".
Old 07-04-2021, 08:24 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sl55 amg 2002
Originally Posted by Dynodaddy
Well it took me a while with a voltmeter, STAR diagnostics and some head scratching but I figured everything out. I am driving the car around for another week or so before I get it tuned. Speedriven will not return my call and really do not seem interested in tackling the tuning on this car. I talked to Jerry with Euro today and will take the car to Houston to get tuned. Here is the latest picture that I have of the car. I am not done with it by any means and the engine bay is still dirty in this picture, but all of the plumbing and I believe powdercoating is completed in this picture.

This is the first picture that I have posted of the car so let me know what you think. I did 100% of the fab work and 95% of the welding. My brother is bit better at TIG welding aluminum so he welded up the intercoolers. Headers are backpurged stainless steel, everything else on the car is aluminum.
do you remember what you had to fix to get rid of the code?

The following users liked this post:
biker349 (07-04-2021)