M275 V12 Bi-Turbo Platform Technical discussion relating to models sharing the M275 V12 Bi-Turbo (V12 TT). Including SL600, SL65 AMG, CL600, CL65 AMG, S600, S65 AMG.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Know Thy Fellow V12biturbo Member - who are you? I'm...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 10:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
opposite-lock...
Know Thy Fellow V12biturbo Member - who are you? I'm...

Gentz-

So I'm 3mos new to youses guyses here, starting to settle in some.

Finally found this part of the forum (duh?)... I'd posted this 'intro' thread over on W220 and am pretty much just tired of the *** SNORE FEST in general over there so figured I'd hop on over here.

10yrs in quattro forums, I've had some amazing experiences with some AMAZING folks from ALL OVER.

The experience I've found is made best by getting to know e/o some - tightens up the community, takes some of the anonymity out of it, and makes our time here more fun. We did this in my last forum and it notably enhanced things from there forward.

It starts with... signatures - might ya consider adding your name to your sig???

Nothing I hate more than trying to converse w/o someone only to have to refer to them as "Mr. Screen Name". Argh! We're all gents here, and should treat each other / act as such... throw your name in there! 8-)

Then... how about a quick reply here with some brief details?:
- name
- car
- what you do
- something interesting about yourself
I'll start...

- Paul Krasusky, S600 Sport, 38, Tolland CT, 15yr commercial banker

- enabling wife, 3 kids @ 9/7/7

- major petrolhead, enjoy all things / any things combustion as long as they're not cheesey

- enjoy driving and the visceral thrill it can provide; have run der Nordschleife, Tail of The Dragon, Lime Rock, Watkins Glen, Carolina Motorsports Park, Roebling Road, autoX, iceX, drags, etc.

- been fortunate over the years for seat time in some amazing junk (Maybachs, GT2, GT3RS, 250 Lusso, DBS, etc. etc.) and alllllways looking for more

- birthed //SFest in '02 //SFest.com, 10 consecutitve years now (yikes), had over 1000 attendees from 21 states and 3 Canadian provinces to date

- occassionally write for European Car Magazine, and was just published in Excellence

- grew up (well... not yet but) on enTIREly too much Spaceballs, Airplane, Caddy Shack, Monty Python, Bugs Bunny, Beavis & Butthead etc which has left me w/o my own cognitive ability and renders my posts intentionally vaguely coherent 8-)

- I *thoroughly* enjoy a good laugh, esp @ me own expense

- hope to meet some of you @ gatherings & events!!!

- ps. YABOES!

YOUR TURN!
Old 01-22-2012, 11:24 PM

opposite-lock...
wow - 180+ views / zero replies

pretty sad guys - shame

cheerz
Old 01-23-2012, 04:44 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
'96 SL600, '05 S55 AMG, '06 C230
I'll reply... even though I only dream of a V12 bi-turbo. Well, I'm half way there with a V12... but it's missing the dual-steroid thingies. Tight enough under MY hood as it is!

Paul, you're spot on that it's a pain in the butt to converse with people only knowing their monikers. I mean really, some monikers used here are taken from the Klingon dictionary, for crying out loud! Is it a guy? A gal? Is it a Klingon? An avatar, maybe? Do you address the person as 'Dear Citizen'? Somehow 'Dear MB Owner' sounds too lawyer-esque. And calling them ‘Dear <insert moniker here>’ just makes you sound weird. 'Hello Person'... you're a stalker.

OK... So, I'm a V12 bi-turbo wannabe. I'll come outta the closet - wanted one for a while, but the S55 AMG caught my attention first. I was seduced by the AMG Signature Plate. Real sexy, huh? Can't see it unless the hood's up. Truth be told, wife didn’t want me to have another V12. She equates the MB V12 to simply a hellish portal used by gremlins to suck money from my wallet. ‘But honey, it has twin turbos!’ ‘Oh good, dear - a faster way to get the cash from your wallet to theirs.’ I was doomed; lost in the subtle logic and rapier-like wit.

Anyway, name's Jeff Brown. I live in San Antonio, 56, retired and have a love affair with technical things, especially Mercedes. I've owned quite a few Benz' in my day, though my fav is the resurrection of the '96 SL600. Hence the story above. My background is Technical Management in Silicon Valley, of which I am a survivor. Yes, Virginia, there is life after working 24/7 for years.

OK... Someone else's turn.

Cheers,
Jeff
Old 01-29-2012, 10:59 AM

2004 SL600 Renntech
I'm game.

Tom Hunsaker
2004 SL600 AMG Renntech
Springboro, Ohio (just south of Dayton)
I own AutoTech Unlimited a full service repair facilty

I have been a gearhead since I was 14 and have always been around cars. I have been a business owner since 1981 and really enjoy it. I used to own a 1969 Hemi Barracuda that ran 9.72 in the quarter mile street legal. I finally got tired of working on it every other weekend and not being able to drive it cross country. So I sold it in September of 2011 and started looking for something fast but driveable. I found it in the SL600 that I bought in Florida. 675 horsepower and 20 mpg is just the ticket. I have since put a rear spoiler on it and a full carbon fiber interior. New wheels and tires are next. I will be at Timmatfest if anyone else is going. Next!
Old 02-01-2012, 12:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts
2015 Challenger Hellcat, 2023 Ram 3500, 2005 E55 Wagon, 2019 GLC63s
Its a great idea but I would rather keep my info confidential.

R.K.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by radride
Its a great idea but I would rather keep my info confidential.

R.K.
Just out of curiousity, why? What possible ID theft could occur from your name, city, and very general bio? Some people have only given first names. There's a great thread in the W220 forum (same basic title); lots o fun! Are people so paronoid about themselves that they prefer to exist in complete anonymity? Sorry my friend, can't be a great idea if no one joins the fun. Whatever.
Cheers and peace,
Jeff
Old 02-02-2012, 10:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MB-Dude
Just out of curiousity, why? What possible ID theft could occur from your name, city, and very general bio? Some people have only given first names. There's a great thread in the W220 forum (same basic title); lots o fun! Are people so paronoid about themselves that they prefer to exist in complete anonymity? Sorry my friend, can't be a great idea if no one joins the fun. Whatever.
Cheers and peace,
Jeff

Fine.

Name - Radride
Age - 30 something
Car - 94 Supra Turbo, 04 QX56, 05 CL65, 10 Sentra SER Spec V
City - Canada

I have been modding cars for over 20 years. I like my HP. Currently have a 670rwhp 94 Supra, my CL65, 2004 Infiniti QX56 (daily driver) and a 2010 Sentra SER Spec V (wife's car). All 4 vehicles have been modded. Some more than others. I told my wife when we first started dating that I had a sickness, and that was buying and modding cars. If she didn't like that we would part ways. Well she stuck around. She always gives me grief about my cars and how much I spend on them, but when she drives them, I can't wipe the smile off her face LOL.

R.K.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by radride
... I told my wife when we first started dating that I had a sickness, and that was buying and modding cars. If she didn't like that we would part ways. Well she stuck around. She always gives me grief about my cars and how much I spend on them, but when she drives them, I can't wipe the smile off her face LOL. ...
Great story! Thanks for sharing, Mr. K, and you have a nice stable, as well. Bet none have a trailer hitch. And which gets sacrificed during winter, on the roads? Off-topic follow-up... Canucks, Habs or Leafs?
Cheers,
Jeff
Old 02-02-2012, 01:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Great story! Thanks for sharing, Mr. K, and you have a nice stable, as well. Bet none have a trailer hitch. And which gets sacrificed during winter, on the roads? Off-topic follow-up... Canucks, Habs or Leafs?
Cheers,
Jeff

The QX56 gets winter duty along with daily driver in the summer on crappy days. It does have a trailer hitch, but I never use it.

As far as the teams, non of the above.

R.K.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:23 PM

opposite-lock...
Heh... too funny - "confidential"

guess it's just Jeff 'n I in the thinking that whatever is to be said will be said w/ a name to it

mebbe yer tinfoil hats are too tight?

8-)

I don't get it - there is only upside to this. Other forums (Q&P) we've done this on, it *markedly* improved the interaction for years to follow.

<shrug>

hide behind screennames - or - say what you mean w/ your name behind it... I always defer to the latter...

anywho

Hey Tom... a 9.72 is pretty gnarly, how about a pic of the Hemi 'Cuda? Great year!

What's "Timmatfest" (sorry!)?...
Old 02-02-2012, 09:52 PM

2004 SL600 Renntech
Originally Posted by Sgt. Schultz

Hey Tom... a 9.72 is pretty gnarly, how about a pic of the Hemi 'Cuda? Great year!

What's "Timmatfest" (sorry!)?...
Timmayfest is an import show and gathering with some drag racing.
http://www.timmayfest.com/

Attached Thumbnails Know Thy Fellow V12biturbo Member - who are you? I'm...-good-pics-017-1-1-.jpg  
Old 02-03-2012, 08:49 AM

opposite-lock...
looks sick Tom - really love how the DR's lifting up the back so high changes the lines of the fastback - gives it a really great look

musta been a hoot

Timmaaaaaayfest... d'oh all I can think of is 'this' when I read that sorry 8-):

Old 02-16-2012, 04:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
W220 S65 AMG
Hi everyone! No need to be shy here... we're all friends (kind of? )

- My name is Kirill, some on here call me by my alias "Chris"
- 2006 S65 AMG, previous owner of a "super modded" S600 Biturbo and a Brabus tuned S500. I also own an Audi A4, 2.0 four-cylinder turbo.. that's my beater!
- I am 25 years old.
- I live in Long Island, New York.
- I am one if the original founders and investors of Tumblr, a micro-blogging service that was started about four years ago. In four short years, Tumblr has grown from relative obscurity to start-up darling to international microblogging network. The platform has grown a staggering 900% in the past year and eclipsed platform competitor WordPress, largely due to its global reach and brand-building potential. Currently there are more than 33,000,000 members or 'tumblrs' and more than 12,255,000,000 posts (that's billions) and we usually see about 38,000 updates per minute on a good day. Besides that my daily work includes consulting Fortune 500, academic and healthcare industries on unified telecommunication architecture and I serve as a senior telecom analyst for a very large, non-profit healthcare firm in New York City.

- I've always been a very hands on person, always worked on all my cars my self. I worked at a high-end tuner shop for about 2 years where I worked primarily with AMG and V12 Mercedes cars, did all sorts of work from radiators to fans to starters to ABC shocks, ABC pumps, lines, etc... I am also very familiar with the Mercedes SDS Star Diag system. I own my own SDS so if anyone in the area needs some diagnostics or modding, get in touch!

You can find me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/viaKirill

I don't do Twitter and I don't have my own Tumblr blog.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W220 S65 AMG
Here's a quick history...

My 2005 S600, tuned, SL65 turbochargers, Methanol injection, etc, etc...

Here's my 2003 S500, Brabus B11 tuned including ECU, cams, springs, etc...

Old 02-16-2012, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W220 S65 AMG
I also own www.v12biturbo.com and www.v12tt.com but never got around to doing anything with them...
Old 02-17-2012, 11:21 PM

opposite-lock...
good to 'meet you', Kirill!

thanks for joining in

One of tumblr's founders eh? That's pretty gnarly! One of the great parts of threads like this, get to learn neat things about folks.

Oddly enough, 'you' are the reason I got into writing for car mags - after having an ofoto.com (no defunct?) website, I created a blog years ago... on... tumblr.

Haven't updated it in years, but I certainly was able to use it as the springboard to parlay into the magazines.

Go figure?

Too funny you don't have one of your own, and amen I hear you about that twit crap - no thanks... that along w/ that bookface junk 8-).

Here's my site if yer bored:

http://randomstupidity.tumblr.com/

be cool to hear from some more of youses...
Old 02-18-2012, 02:26 AM

clk63 black series
Sgt. schultz (paul), You live in the U.S so I'm bewildered by why you're boggled at the "180+ views / zero replies" concept.
North Americans in general have adapted this personal space persona that extends about 200 miles in diameter. This is not Europe where personal space virtually does not exist.

We (unfortunately) are a society of overly paranoid mortals that believe everyone is out to get them.

Racism is another factor here believe it or not. The reason being (and it saddens me to say this) is someone might lose their credibility if they disclose their name and it happens to be of another ethnicity. Example "what the hell is this Mexican rambling about" where as if his name was not disclosed, he would get a "thanks man that was brilliant, we appreciate your input on this site".

I commend you for your actions and trying to bring out the human interaction behind a dull pixelized screen but alas, it's in vain I regret.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by bmstyle
Sgt. schultz (paul), You live in the U.S so I'm bewildered by why you're boggled at the "180+ views / zero replies" concept.
North Americans in general have adapted this personal space persona that extends about 200 miles in diameter. This is not Europe where personal space virtually does not exist.

We (unfortunately) are a society of overly paranoid mortals that believe everyone is out to get them.

Racism is another factor here believe it or not. The reason being (and it saddens me to say this) is someone might lose their credibility if they disclose their name and it happens to be of another ethnicity. Example "what the hell is this Mexican rambling about" where as if his name was not disclosed, he would get a "thanks man that was brilliant, we appreciate your input on this site".

I commend you for your actions and trying to bring out the human interaction behind a dull pixelized screen but alas, it's in vain I regret.
Regarding Americans, you are partially correct. We are a uber-paranoid society that thinks everyone is out to steal their identity. But there's another aspect as well; people are free and clear to write absolutely anything - regardless of extreme - when using a faceless moniker. Social civility is achieved when people know who's writing. People are more apt to be truthful and neutral (i.e.: less attack-ive) if real name is used. While that is not Paul's motivation here, it is what society has created. What Paul (and myself) want is to have dialogue where we can address each other by our names. I truly believe your name is not 'bmstyle'. Wouldn't be refreshing to be referred to with your name? FWTW.
Cheers and peace,
Jeff
Old 02-18-2012, 11:13 AM

clk63 black series
Regarding Americans, you are partially correct. We are a uber-paranoid society that thinks everyone is out to steal their identity. But there's another aspect as well; people are free and clear to write absolutely anything - regardless of extreme - when using a faceless moniker. Social civility is achieved when people know who's writing. People are more apt to be truthful and neutral (i.e.: less attack-ive) if real name is used. While that is not Paul's motivation here, it is what society has created. What Paul (and myself) want is to have dialogue where we can address each other by our names. I truly believe your name is not 'bmstyle'. Wouldn't be refreshing to be referred to with your name? FWTW.
Cheers and peace,
Jeff
I agree with both of you guys and as stated previously, I think what you guys are doing is a super idea.

I guess you still have a little more faith in society than I do.

As for myself, I'm still shopping around for a clk63 black so I just lurk here and learn as much as I can, till then there's no point in introducing myself since "this thread is pointless without pics" and the only ones I have are of my current vehicle that is going up for sale soon (2008 e92 m3).
Old 02-18-2012, 12:36 PM

opposite-lock...
I truly believe your name is not 'bmstyle'
HA!

Too funny.

And amen about if folks have something to say - they should put their name behind it.

I'll never get the paranoia - my fave is pics that blur the license plate... yeah b/c a quadjillion others don't see your plate day in / day out all day every day upon the Urban Jungle??? So sad.

Now, Mr. bmstyle (see how annoying that is?)... it's not in vain, we had decent reply on W220 forum.

And on my Porsche / Audi forums this type thread truly transformed lackluster and otherwise anonymous forums into cohesive communities with humorous camaraderie, events, parts / tool sharing, you name it.

Heck the Audi board has member locations / contact info so that if anyone finds themselves broke down on a roadtrip (different than Broke Back!), helping hands are literally any/everywhere.

I've made friends all over the world from these efforts, enough that folks open up their doors for you if you're travelling just to be able to meet and hoist a cold one together. Countless adventures, countless stories.

just sayin

I posted this here upon just finding this section, only to find it's crickets here overall anyway - mods should just fold this section up IMO... 1 post a month? What's the point.

Anywho... would be great to build a stronger community here - but Jeff / I cannot do it alone. Everyone's loss.

que sera sera 8-)
Old 02-18-2012, 12:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

My first name is Rad. You can call me hey you, ******* etc except "guy". I absolutely hate that word.

R.K.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:20 PM

clk63 black series
Originally Posted by Sgt. Schultz

And on my Porsche / Audi forums this type thread truly transformed lackluster and otherwise anonymous forums into cohesive communities with humorous camaraderie, events, parts / tool sharing, you name it.

Heck the Audi board has member locations / contact info so that if anyone finds themselves broke down on a roadtrip (different than Broke Back!), helping hands are literally any/everywhere.

I've made friends all over the world from these efforts, enough that folks open up their doors for you if you're travelling just to be able to meet and hoist a cold one together. Countless adventures, countless stories.
I was on the bmw forum amongst a couple of others and it does seem a bit quieter here. I thought it was just me.....
Old 02-21-2012, 12:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yes
My name is Zach, I'm 28, originally from West Texas but I travel all over the U.S. constructing wind farms.

I sold my CL600 a few months back, but it was a 2003 CL600 that had some work done to it. I loved it...but got into high performance boats and just didn't have the time to devote to both. Since the water I typically boat on doesn't have a speed limit, I chose that route. I still have a couple project cars, but they are all V8 domestics.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by bmstyle
I agree with both of you guys and as stated previously, I think what you guys are doing is a super idea.
I guess you still have a little more faith in society than I do.
As for myself, I'm still shopping around for a clk63 black so I just lurk here and learn as much as I can, till then there's no point in introducing myself since "this thread is pointless without pics" and the only ones I have are of my current vehicle that is going up for sale soon (2008 e92 m3).
Well, thanks for the electronic pat-on-the-back. Faith in society? I'll leave that for the philosophers. Life's too short to hide and I’m having way too much fun being me. Like it or not world - tough poop - I'm here! Nevertheless dude, good luck on your search for a CLK!

Originally Posted by FormulaZR
My name is Zach, I'm 28, originally from West Texas but I travel all over the U.S. constructing wind farms.
I sold my CL600 a few months back, but it was a 2003 CL600 that had some work done to it. I loved it...but got into high performance boats and just didn't have the time to devote to both. Since the water I typically boat on doesn't have a speed limit, I chose that route. I still have a couple project cars, but they are all V8 domestics.
Nice to meet you, Zach. Guess you get the usual assortment of 'blowing in the wind' jokes regarding your job. LOL (Sorry; couldn't help myself. By happenstance, I was listening to Elton John while reading your post.) Kiddin' aside, think it's great technology that's developing in wind and solar. Retired from Silicon Valley, so I know what the capability can be. BTW, what’s up with the firebird avatar? A current project?

Cheers to all,
Jeff
Old 02-22-2012, 04:05 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yes
Nice to meet you, Zach. Guess you get the usual assortment of 'blowing in the wind' jokes regarding your job. LOL (Sorry; couldn't help myself. By happenstance, I was listening to Elton John while reading your post.) Kiddin' aside, think it's great technology that's developing in wind and solar. Retired from Silicon Valley, so I know what the capability can be. BTW, what’s up with the firebird avatar? A current project?

Cheers to all,
Jeff
Ha ha, yeah - I haven't heard all the wind jokes; but I've heard most of them. Around the site we always say this job blows, etc...

Right now in Kansas I keep telling everyone it's so windy here because Nebraska blows and Oklahoma sucks.

Anyway - the Firebird avatar is from my Formula Firebird. It was a 99 hardtop Formula. I say was because it burned 2 years ago...

I still plan on rebuilding it - but this time it will probably be a dedicated strip-only car. The engine that was in it is in my boat now.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Know Thy Fellow V12biturbo Member - who are you? I'm...