Mercedes-Benz Motorsports & Racing Use this forum to discuss Mercedes-related racing events including Formula 1, DTM and Truck series.

Kimi to Ferrari in '07

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 09:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Kimi to Ferrari in '07

I just got this from F1-Live.com. If it's true, i'm real disappointed that we lost Kimi.

'Kimi signed Ferrari deal long ago'
Raikkonen reportedly under Ferrari contract

Additional weight to the Raikkonen-Ferrari rumours

For more than a year now, Kimi Raikkonen's signature has appeared on a long-term Ferrari contract for 2007 and beyond.

That is the claim of a Ferrari 'source', who told Switzerland's Blick publication that the information is common wisdom up and down the corridors of Maranello.

“I am surprised that the (news) was not made official a long time ago,” the newspaper quoted the source as saying.

The red-coloured destination of McLaren's 26-year-old Finn has been spoken about at Ferrari 'for months', the source added.

Source GMM
CAPSIS International
Old 04-12-2006, 11:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
ONLY if MS leaves.
Old 04-12-2006, 12:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
I hope you're right.
Do you know what are the lengths of MS & Massa's contracts?
Old 04-12-2006, 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by MiamiE55
I hope you're right.
Do you know what are the lengths of MS & Massa's contracts?
IIRC, they both expire at the end of this season.

I got to thinking (dangerous, I know lol)...remember when Button had some contract with Williams, but was driving for BAR? There had to be some payoff to Williams in order to release Button from the contract.

Technically, I suppose the article could be correct in that Kimi has signed an agreement with Ferrari one some kind of first-refusal basis, depending on what MS does and/or what McLaren is offering. Perhaps Kimi has signed some kind of "intent" based on performance guidelines or some type? Who knows....heck, it could be as simple as Kimi agreeing to "talk" with Ferrari?

My hope is that we see a Raikkonen/Alonso setup next year with McLaren running a second team that Montoya and Scott Speed drive for.....it's okay to dream I suppose.

My gut just doesn't tell me that Raikkonen inked a deal with Ferrari over a year ago that locks him into a seat for '07.

Last edited by Chappy; 04-12-2006 at 12:58 PM.
Old 04-12-2006, 12:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Some archived info...

http://www.boston.com/sports/other_s..._in_07?mode=PF

The same article states: "Bild reported earlier this week that Schumacher would leave Ferrari for McLaren-Mercedes when his contract expires. Schumacher responded with a statement stressing his close relationship with the Italian manufacturer."

Do you think that's likely? MS driving for McLaren???
Old 04-12-2006, 01:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by Chappy
IIRC, they both expire at the end of this season.

I got to thinking (dangerous, I know lol)...remember when Button had some contract with Williams, but was driving for BAR? There had to be some payoff to Williams in order to release Button from the contract.

Technically, I suppose the article could be correct in that Kimi has signed an agreement with Ferrari one some kind of first-refusal basis, depending on what MS does and/or what McLaren is offering. Perhaps Kimi has signed some kind of "intent" based on performance guidelines or some type? Who knows....heck, it could be as simple as Kimi agreeing to "talk" with Ferrari?

My hope is that we see a Raikkonen/Alonso setup next year with McLaren running a second team that Montoya and Scott Speed drive for.....it's okay to dream I suppose.

My gut just doesn't tell me that Raikkonen inked a deal with Ferrari over a year ago that locks him into a seat for '07.
Yeah i remember that about Button, BAR Honda definitely paid off his contract. Raikonnen/Alonso would be impressive, we could go back to the days of Prost/Sienna

LOl, a second team with JPM/Speed, that would be good!
Old 04-12-2006, 01:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Schumacher would leave Ferrari for McLaren-Mercedes
Ok, now i feel better about this all being BS.
Old 04-12-2006, 05:20 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Audi A5 Sportback + Cannondale Prophet
Does Kimi's Ferrari contract have a blow-up/flat-spot clause while driving for McLaren?
Old 04-12-2006, 06:15 PM

2008 BMW 335xi Coupe
Switzerland's Blick magazine is a tabloid that is very untrustworthy and blows up small rumours. They are the equivalent to the National Inquirer
Old 04-12-2006, 09:18 PM
Banned

F248 F1
I really hope KIMI sign with the REDS! It would be INCREDIBLIE COOL to see the World Champ vs. the next in line champ!
Old 04-13-2006, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by egutie6970
It would be INCREDIBLIE COOL to see the World Champ vs. the next in line champ!
You mean Alonso vs. Nico????!!!!!!
Old 04-13-2006, 11:22 AM
Banned

F248 F1
hahah good one nola but MS is still my CURRENT Champ...Fonzi had it easy last year -- iknow i know the F2004 i dont want to hear it ....
Old 04-13-2006, 01:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
hahah good one nola but MS is still my CURRENT Champ...Fonzi had it easy last year -- iknow i know the F2004 i dont want to hear it ....
Fonzi? lol

Shuey is going to hang up the driving shoes after this season. F1 & Co. tried for may years to unseat him as Champ as they feared the spectators were getting bored of watching him win.

Guess what? That chapter is closed. F1 & Co. no longer NEEDS Michael Schumacher.

There is a new champion and MS will not likely be competitive again this year (due to his car). Michael's reign has come to an end....
Old 04-13-2006, 04:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2002 C230K, 2013 BMW 328, 2015 BMW X5
Originally Posted by Nola
You mean Alonso vs. Nico????!!!!!!

Hey, I think Nico is a phenom. I see big things for him.
Old 04-13-2006, 04:45 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by emrliquidlife
Hey, I think Nico is a phenom. I see big things for him.
I think so too... I was spiting egutie who seemed to forgot who the current champ is (or current up and comer if you think '05 was a fluke).
Old 04-14-2006, 11:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I really don't see MS retiring just yet. I think he has one more season left in him. As for Kimis Flat spotting. Yeah, big problem for him. I laughed when he flat spotted twice in the last race. Again, I'm a McLaren guy through and through, but Kimi can go where ever he wants. Lets bring on the class act like Alonso. JPM is on my S**t list for being too tough on his vehicle and others around him (*cough* when passing) but I have already posted my feelings on that.

EG, you are going to have a tough time just getting Massa to finish a race....

So to the point, I hope Kimi goes bye-bye, but I honestly don't beleive the rumor.

Ed
Old 04-14-2006, 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Alonso had it easy? Oh man, more comments like that and your ruin your credibility.
Old 04-14-2006, 07:50 PM
Banned

F248 F1
We may not agree, so why should it ruin my credibility ? Kimi was much faster b ut Ilmor couldnt provide a good engine and MClaren kept messing up putting the car together period. If Fonzi wins this year, i'll give you and all the FBF (Fonzo Banwagon Fans) members credit for his first WDC...hes a great driver dont get me wrong, but his attitude kills it...
Old 04-14-2006, 07:52 PM
Banned

F248 F1
I really don't see MS retiring just yet. I think he has one more season left in him. As for Kimis Flat spotting. Yeah, big problem for him. I laughed when he flat spotted twice in the last race. Again, I'm a McLaren guy through and through, but Kimi can go where ever he wants. Lets bring on the class act like Alonso. JPM is on my S**t list for being too tough on his vehicle and others around him (*cough* when passing) but I have already posted my feelings on that.

EG, you are going to have a tough time just getting Massa to finish a race....

So to the point, I hope Kimi goes bye-bye, but I honestly don't beleive the rumor.

Ed
Yeah, Massa needs to learn how to drive with his HEAD! geez i swear to god i can do a better job, just give me the opportunity and i'll show you ! I'm taking away any credit from the man but he really needs to calm down and let the race unfold...he either gets to scared - that he may lose his job or let Ferrari down and does some BS mistake or he gets to hyped up and looses it! I'm going bald just looking at Massa drive like an amature...i swear i wish i could be an F1 driver - to show everyone my talent-specially massa!
Old 04-14-2006, 07:53 PM
Banned

F248 F1
Originally Posted by Nola
I think so too... I was spiting egutie who seemed to forgot who the current champ is (or current up and comer if you think '05 was a fluke).
yeah you got me Nola Fonzis attitude has to change then i'll like him...hmm dont you think hes going to look a bit weird with black/white overalls ? ahaha
Old 04-14-2006, 07:54 PM
Banned

F248 F1
yeah you got me Nola Fonzis attitude has to change then i'll like him...hmm dont you think hes going to look a bit weird with black/white overalls ? ahaha
oh p.s. i hate Fonzi and his 'blue flag blue flag! ' and his damn gestures! i cant wait till schumy starts lapping him and goes 'blue flag' to his ***... Fonzis new nickname is blue ***... uh i should support him for being latin but i cant!
Old 04-14-2006, 07:55 PM
Banned

F248 F1
Originally Posted by Chappy
Fonzi? lol

Shuey is going to hang up the driving shoes after this season. F1 & Co. tried for may years to unseat him as Champ as they feared the spectators were getting bored of watching him win.

Guess what? That chapter is closed. F1 & Co. no longer NEEDS Michael Schumacher.

There is a new champion and MS will not likely be competitive again this year (due to his car). Michael's reign has come to an end....
i agree with the first half ! but i hope schumy takes the WDC at least once more !
Old 04-15-2006, 03:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i agree with the first half ! but i hope schumy takes the WDC at least once more !

EG, throwing the BIG bombs about Alonso. Damn, bitter party of one?! What is it that he has said? (Realize my comments are in good humor)
Old 04-17-2006, 05:46 AM
Banned

F248 F1
EG, throwing the BIG bombs about Alonso. Damn, bitter party of one?! What is it that he has said? (Realize my comments are in good humor)
haha i know they are in humor dont worry... hmm well i for one didnt like what he said about Valentino Rossi- i think that was a bit dumb about him and do you remember he said ' i hope the other teams have problems' when asked if he would like competiion or something like that.... i mean yeah i can see where hes comming from but he should be a bit more competative instead of wanting it easy... Fonzi is a great driver but his square face and his blue flag comments etc just get to me. Dont get me wrong, in 2004 when he wasent doing all that great and Schumy was winning left and right- i felt sorry for them and i a made a comment to my brother that i want them to win at least a few races---now role to 2005 and i took my words back but it was to late! and it seems like my words are bitting me up the *** this year again hahahaha
Old 04-17-2006, 05:47 AM
Banned

F248 F1
haha i know they are in humor dont worry... hmm well i for one didnt like what he said about Valentino Rossi- i think that was a bit dumb about him and do you remember he said ' i hope the other teams have problems' when asked if he would like competiion or something like that.... i mean yeah i can see where hes comming from but he should be a bit more competative instead of wanting it easy... Fonzi is a great driver but his square face and his blue flag comments etc just get to me. Dont get me wrong, in 2004 when he wasent doing all that great and Schumy was winning left and right- i felt sorry for them and i a made a comment to my brother that i want them to win at least a few races---now role to 2005 and i took my words back but it was to late! and it seems like my words are bitting me up the *** this year again hahahaha
p.s. i like how theirs a few of us in this forum that are into F1 alot Nola, Kostas, Chappy, Emrliquidlife, and Miami!